My First Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Im a new player (started playing in august) and now im enjoying this universe. Since i have found that playing with the same NPC over and over again is boring, i have decided to make a team for online gaming.

I have little to no experience in creating teams, so im posting this with the hope that you can give me some advice

This is my team so far:

Hydreigon
Timid nature
Levitate (no other available)
Choice scarf

Fire Blast
Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
*This is my special sweeper and i plan to use it as a switch in against ground and psychic types. The choice scarf is to ensure i get the first hit and hopefully KO or at least cripple the opponent

Rotom-W
Gentle nature
Levitate
Toxic Orb

Hydro Pump
Thunder
Trick
Will-o-wisp
*Im planing to use it for causing status problems. Will-o-wisp for lesser pokemon, and i use trick when i havent taken out rotom to play, so i can poison them. Mainly trick is the first move i would use.

Lucario
Hasty nature
Inner Focus

Aura Sphere
Close combat
Extreme Speed
Nasty Plot
*This is my physical sweeper. The only problem i have found is that lucario is too frail, so i need suggestions for fixing that

Forretress
Impish Nature
Sturdy

Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Light Screen
*This would be my lead, so i can set up some hazards, get rid of them if my opponent does the same. Also i think i could use it as a wall, taking advantage of its defenses to set a light screen.

Sigilyph
Timid Nature
Magic Guard

Cosmic Power
Stored Power
Psycho Shift
Hypnosis
*I think that sigilyph can be a physical wall. I plan to take advantage of Magic guard to switch in on sandstorms or hail, and then use hypnosis.
Also i could use it to absorb status problems and then use Psycho Shift to return them

Cofragigus
Bold Nature
Mummy

Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Destiny Bond
Substitute
*I will use it mostly to force switches by using Destiny Bond.
Also because of its defenses, i think i can boost Calm Mind and then use Shadow Ball to inflict some damage. And lastly i can absorb physical moves on certain pokemon to nulify their abilities.

So that is my current team.
I would really apreciate if someone can help me fixing things or offer some advice.
Thanks for watching!

It doesn't seem like you've tested this team out based on your wording, but I can assure you that toxic orb on rotom-w is a terrible idea because it makes it so you can't switch in without getting poisoned. I don't know the Evs so I assume standard.

If you're going to go Special Attacking Hydreigon, earthquake is probably not a good move, unless it's for coverage. It looks like the whole team is Genesect weak except Hydreigon and Genesect outspeeds Hydreigon.

Edit: and Rain would destroy this team, all weather teams for that matter.

your rotom would still work if you use trick first then and if you lead with it, generally though, choice scarf is more safe.

also lucario isn't made to be a tank, and mixed lucario doesn't fair well in ou. either go sword dance and take out aurasphere for crunch/firepunch or keep nasty plot and replace extreme speed with vacuum wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)