My gligar NU baton pass team

Gligar Baton Pass team

i think this team works well but i need some secondary opinions, the combination is Gligar and Bibarel Gligar has agility and swords dance and baton pass, agility and swords dance provide a +4 boost to bibarel's stats as apposed to +2 thanks to the ability simple, anyway heres the team the basic idea of the team is to pull off a swords dance and agility then sweep the rest of my opponents team with my bibarel

Any changes to the team have been put in red text

~The Lead~

PowderPuff (Jumpluff) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sleep Powder
- Memento
- Encore
- U-turn

Why this poke?: Thanks to Ice-Eyes for this one, Jumpluff is more useful than The tangela i had in this Spot i may lose stunspore but i gain two things one is U-turn the other is Memento, u-turn will allow me to scout an opponents switch in and switch out accordingly Memento lowers my opponents stats at the cost of Jumpluff

~Physical Wall~

MilkMeNOOB (Miltank) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Milk Drink

Why this poke?:I use milktank to ward off physical hits, i chose Milktank for a few reasons
A. it can learn seismic toss and stealthrocks
B. it can learn thunderwave
C. it is a reliable physical wall
Milktank has siesmic toss to break through any subs my opponent may use, thunderwave is there to help gligar set up.

~the BATonpasser~

Fang Scorp (Gligar) (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Why this poke?:I chose Gligar as my baton passer because he is quite durable and is able to learn agility swords dance and BP Gligar has hyper cutter to prevent it been intimidated after it has used swords dance, i can usually pull off one SD and One agility using this guy and then bp out before my opponent attacks Yache berry is there should my opponent try and hit me with an ice beam attack, allowing me to survivie at least one

~The Baton Pass recipient~

Damn IT (Bibarel) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Pluck

Why this poke?: Bibarel is an excellent baton pass recipient, and thanks to its unique ability "simple" it can double all stat boosts it recieves so one sd from gligar=+4 attack for example Now for an explination of why he has the set he does

Waterfall-Standard stab move
Return- I thank YaM for this suggestion i now use Return over superpower as it can KO most steel types used in NU at +4 attack
Quick attack-I chose this for Priority and STAB i could change this for return, but am unsure wether to do so
Pluck- This is mainly for shedinja whom Bibarel coudlnt touch without it,It can also hit grass types and steal random berrys my opponent may be holding, its primary use however is merley to hit shedinja

~Special Tank~

Belladonna (Gardevoir) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/136 Spd/120 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Heal Bell
- Psychic

Why this poke?:After a suggestion by Ice eyes, i changed Ampharos to Gardevoir this allows me to set up two screens, i have heal bell on Gardevoir should Gligar or bibarel be hit by a status attack, aswell as to provide additional support to the team, an added bonus to adding Gardevoir is that i now have a bait for skuntank who i can kill with Pinsir, thanks to Ice-Age for this great suggestion

~Revenge Killer~

Bug Norris (Pinsir) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Why this poke?:To me every Team wether stall, baton pass, or heavy offensive needs a scarf revenger and the one i have picked for this team is Pinsir, not just for the fact its my favourite pokemon but also for the fact that it has a number of moves that provide almost unresisted coverage as well as mold breaker which allows it to cancel out my opponents abilitys such as Shedinja's wonderguard and Haunter's levitate.

Im sorry if this rmt is not very well written, as this is my very first rmt, any comments are greatly appreciated so thanks smogon, and do bare in mind this is an NU team so no comments like "it sucks cos metagross can sweep it"(iv'e seen comments like that on NU rmt's before) Yeah, thanks smogon and have a good day

~XmellllorX~

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Your team needs a pretty big overhaul, in my opinion. Basically, you need to focus on getting your Baton Pass combo off, because that's what's going to win you the game. To that end, I would suggest you lead with Jumpluff. Not only does it have Double-Powder (you might not need Stun Spore), but it also gets Reflect, Memento and Encore. All of these can help you set your Gligar/Bibarel combo up.

You could also possibly fit a dual-screen + Memento Gardevoir over your Ampharos - good special wall potential as well as supporting your BP Combo.

I would suggest also a pokemon that can lure in Skuntank and eliminate it - it can wreck the finest-laid Baton Pass plan with its powerful Explosion. However, I think Pinsir can do this reasonably well, so you may not need to change this.

I have little knowledge of NU, but I do have experience with Gligar + Bibarel in UU. I'm going to concur with Ice-eyes that a Dual Screener would really help Gligar pull off its Baton Pass.

I'm going to recommend Taunt on Gligar over Earthquake to stop you from getting Taunted or P(Hazed). I'm going to recommend Return over Superpower on Bibarel, Superpower is totally counterproductive as it leaves Bibarel at only +1(x2).

A +2(x2) Waterfall will deal to the MOST defensive 252HP/Def + Bold:

Bastiodon: 130.2% - 154.3%
Probopass: 146.3% - 172.8%
Magneton: 105.6% - 124.3%
Wormadam-S 99.1% - 116.7% (KO with Stealth Rock or less than Max EVs and Nature, and what could Wormadam-S do to Bibarel? I doubt it would be seen in NU anyway)
Mawile 84.9% - 100% (Intimidate is factored in, but Iron Head will not hurt Bibarel either)

Whereas Return would become your MOST powerful move with 153 Base Power with STAB.

P.S. Ampharos should be called CurtainCall not CurtianCall right? =P

Your team needs a pretty big overhaul, in my opinion. Basically, you need to focus on getting your Baton Pass combo off, because that's what's going to win you the game. To that end, I would suggest you lead with Jumpluff. Not only does it have Double-Powder (you might not need Stun Spore), but it also gets Reflect, Memento and Encore. All of these can help you set your Gligar/Bibarel combo up.

You could also possibly fit a dual-screen + Memento Gardevoir over your Ampharos - good special wall potential as well as supporting your BP Combo.

I would suggest also a pokemon that can lure in Skuntank and eliminate it - it can wreck the finest-laid Baton Pass plan with its powerful Explosion. However, I think Pinsir can do this reasonably well, so you may not need to change this.
I will definitly change tangela for jumpluff, jumpluff honestly didn't cross my mind, i will also change ampharos for bibarel, this team was only having realtive success so i like your idea about having dual screen gardevoir, as such i will change Ampharos for this thanks alot dude

I have little knowledge of NU, but I do have experience with Gligar + Bibarel in UU. I'm going to concur with Ice-eyes that a Dual Screener would really help Gligar pull off its Baton Pass.

I'm going to recommend Taunt on Gligar over Earthquake to stop you from getting Taunted or P(Hazed). I'm going to recommend Return over Superpower on Bibarel, Superpower is totally counterproductive as it leaves Bibarel at only +1(x2).

A +2(x2) Waterfall will deal to the MOST defensive 252HP/Def + Bold:

Bastiodon: 130.2% - 154.3%
Probopass: 146.3% - 172.8%
Magneton: 105.6% - 124.3%
Wormadam-S 99.1% - 116.7% (KO with Stealth Rock or less than Max EVs and Nature, and what could Wormadam-S do to Bibarel? I doubt it would be seen in NU anyway)
Mawile 84.9% - 100% (Intimidate is factored in, but Iron Head will not hurt Bibarel either)

Whereas Return would become your MOST powerful move with 153 Base Power with STAB.

P.S. Ampharos should be called CurtainCall not CurtianCall right? =P
Thanks for your input, however i will keep earthquake on gligar just incase i run into a faster taunter, never can be to careful eh?

In regards to your return over superpower idea, i was unaware of the damage could do to a steel type and as such will change to return ^.^ thanks a bunch

and finally, yes it is meant to be curtain call I have dyslexcia so thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake i'll be sure to alter that, thanks for your input also

Melllor, if you use agility first you will not come across a faster taunter... unless you are currently facing a taunter (in which case, you should not bring gligar in). I would use taunt over earthquake.

Mellllor, if you use agility first you will not come across a faster taunter... unless you are currently facing a taunter (in which case, you should not bring gligar in). I would use taunt over earthquake.
I'd still rather run earthquake, thanks anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)