My love of Pokemon meets Final Fantasy

While I have experience with RMT's elsewhere, this is my first for Smogon. I've taken the liberty of choosing tasteful names to reflect the roles of each poke as well as my keen love of the character. The premise of this team is to ensure my ace sweeps to his heart's desire to which i've seen relatively good results. My team thus far:

Ultimecia (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

While it may seem odd to name the Eon Dragon after the Witch who controls Time i find Latias' color scheme similar to Ultimecia's and the concept of dragons and sorceresses exotic. Rather bulky I've found after a few uses to be very reliable despite the additional ice weakness. I am having a bit of trouble with her as lead but other than that she is one of two welcome changes.

Golbez (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Ah Golbez, one of my favorites after playing Dissidia and a fitting name for this Flying Scorpion. With access to Poison Heal and Protect, my Golbez is able to set up with Sword Dance when someone tries to throw an EQ in Garland's way. Ice Fang is a reliable move i've used to pop a few balloons and weaken a few dragons so other prominent sweepers can switch in for the kill. Golbez also makes for a lovely staller to which i've used for.

Jecht (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback
While he may not be armed with a blitzball, Jecht still packs a punch. And with his Guts and ability to endure to deliver a little Payback, Jecht has become a real Star Player of my team. I've found the use of Flame Orb to be a turn off especially against a Sand Team but with Leftovers Jecht can negate residual damage and be ready to plow Terrakion, Tyranitar and the occassional Reuniculus. One of the more frustrating counters i've dealt with when using Jecht is Gliscor but Golbez and Yuna usually send it running. (Somehow I laugh reading that last sentence)

Chocobo (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
While I've had prior experience with Skarmory I never realized how it can be used as a reliable Landorus counter to which I didn't see my team was weak against. Another thing i like about it is how it can phaze away an opponent's hard work and hits as hard as a riled up chocobo using a nasty Choco Meteo. The use of Stealth Rock seems more valid than having Spikes, at least for now

Yuna (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
Ah the High Summoner, perhaps my absolute favorite Final Fantasy character. And to find Starmie has so many similarities, i just doing back flips, especially after seeing how Rapid Spin is kinda like Yuna's Sending. Rather frail, yet is armed to the teeth and has incredible coverage with Hydro Pump and the ever popular BoltBeam, much like how Yuna would summon an Aeon to bulldoze a few fiends (Anima anyone? XD). Rapid Spin is a given considering the prominence of Entry Hazards and with the assistance of Terra's wish I can sweep a few more to my liking.

Kain (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
The centerpiece of my team. I like to think of my Dragonite like Kain after he defeats his Dark Doppleganger. A Dance here and there and a good punch or a swipe of the claw and my opponents fall like that. Extreme Speed I use as an overall coverage move and the occasional Revenge Kill though I usually leave that to Jecht.

So this is my team. Please comment and any assistance and criticism would be greatly appreciated.

At first glance Scarf Landorus with sand support can mess your team up. Since you have no way of changing the weather Landorus can almost always have sand with him. I suggest adding a CM Hidden Power Fire Latias over your Heatran. This will give you a way to handle VoltTurn Cores that use Scizor + Rotom-W + Landorus. Latias can just recover off Landorus's U-Turn and Rotom-W's Volt Switch while OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power Fire.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
Even though Latias gives another Dragon weakness I think that between Jirachi and Starmie Dragon types are handled well.
Hope that helped

Your team takes care of many threats, but it has a Landorus weakness (particularly the sub sets). I recommend you try Chocobo (Skarmory) over Jirachi. I don't see Jirachi needed that much on your team and I think hazards and the ability to counter Landorus is something you'd consider. You should also keep an eye out for rain stall, but you should be fine against it as long as you don't screw up.

Nice team, good luck.

At first glance Scarf Landorus with sand support can mess your team up. Since you have no way of changing the weather Landorus can almost always have sand with him. I suggest adding a CM Hidden Power Fire Latias over your Heatran. This will give you a way to handle VoltTurn Cores that use Scizor + Rotom-W + Landorus. Latias can just recover off Landorus's U-Turn and Rotom-W's Volt Switch while OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power Fire.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
Even though Latias gives another Dragon weakness I think that between Jirachi and Starmie Dragon types are handled well.
Hope that helped
Thanks I never thought of that before but with Latias it sounds like I'll have a decent counter to one of the best known cores in the metagame. I have been meaning to try a multi dragon set up but never had the right combo

Your team takes care of many threats, but it has a Landorus weakness (particularly the sub sets). I recommend you try Chocobo (Skarmory) over Jirachi. I don't see Jirachi needed that much on your team and I think hazards and the ability to counter Landorus is something you'd consider. You should also keep an eye out for rain stall, but you should be fine against it as long as you don't screw up.

Nice team, good luck.
Thank you for the encouragement. Perhaps a wish set up isn't really necessary and i have been worried about EQ for some time. I don't know how much damage Brave Bird will inflict on Landorus but with EQ nixxed and Stone Edge/Rock Slide not doing as much as they should phazing him might be easier. and thanks for the name. Skarmory does look like a Chocobo, especially shiny

;)

I came to check back on this RMT, it seems good but, you seem to lack an SR user. Try replacing Starmie replace her with Tran. Heatran can be Ifrit and can work well since you'd have a better counter to Latios and can work well with Ultimecia (Latias). A spinner isn't needed that badly on your team (not with Latias around at least), only Dnite is weak to it. (and if that's a problem, replace Fire Punch with Roost, since the rest of your team can take care of steels). :)

I came to check back on this RMT, it seems good but, you seem to lack an SR user. Try replacing Starmie replace her with Tran. Heatran can be Ifrit and can work well since you'd have a better counter to Latios and can work well with Latias. A spinner isn't needed that badly on your team, only Dnite is weak to it. (and if that's a problem, replace Fire Punch with E-speed, since the rest of your team can take care of steels). :)
He doesn't need to do that. Simply replace Spikes for Stealth Rock on Skarmory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)