My OU Team

My OU Team

Ok, these my first Rate my team thread. I'll post a team that I believe it has helped a lot in the battles I've had, so I just want to make it better by a little help from you guys.
Let's start.
This is the steps I did.

First
The first thing I did, is to decide what type my team would be.
I've seen many weather teams so I wanted to try one. Not a Rain Team cause Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned, not a Sandstorm team because in my opinion it has weaknesses.
So I decided to go with Drought + Chlorophyll. So I chose Ninetales.

Second

Then I wanted a pokemon with the Chlorophyll ability. I wanted sth fast and good. I chose Leavanny.

After that I did some researched about chlorophyll and I decided to replace Leavanny with sth more powerful IMO. I chose Venusaur.

Third

After I finished with the lead and the chlorophyll stuff I decided to put a Rapid Spiner, Starmie. But after some thought I decided to put another pokemon, that doesn't know Rapid Spin but it's better, instead of Starmie. That was Espeon.

With it's DW Magic Bounce ability I could get rid off Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes instead of using Rapid Spin, cause it doesn't only get rid of them but it send them in your opponent's sight. Also I could Bounce and other moves like T-Wave, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Whirlwind etc.

Next

After espeon I tried to find a physical attacker. I found someone that it's not only a great physical attacker, but it's a good Physical + Special Wall IMO. Whoever believes that I think he understood for whom I talk about. It's Scrafty.

I chose the DDance set instead of Bulky Set cause I think it still has a good Defense without boosting it.

After That
After that I thought that it's good to have another good wall in your team. So I chose the Unaware Quagsire.

The using of Stockpile and the Unaware ability make Quagsire a great wall.

Last

The last pokemon of my team..Ehmm. I didn't know what I want so I put sth that I thought it's good. I chose sth that has a great Speed, Special Attack and a kind of good Special Defence. Also in Drought it's a serial killer. Volcarona.

The using of Quiver Dance and Drought make Volcarona a great Special Attacker, + a serial killer. :P

Here are the sets

Leftovers
Ninetales DW
Nature: Timid Ability: Drought
Ev's: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atc., 252 Speed
Hidden Power: Ground
Moves:
Solarbeam
Fire Blast
Confuse Ray
Hidden Power Ground

-----------------------------

Life Orb
Venusaur DW
Nature: Modest Ability: Chlorophyll
Ev's: 252 Sp.Atc, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
Hidden Power: Fire
Moves:
Solarbeam
Growth
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power Fire

Leftovers
Espeon DW
Nature: Timid Ability: Magic Bounce
Ev's: 60 HP, 8 Def, 140 Sp.Atc, 48 Sp.Def, 252 Speed
Hidden Power: Ground
Moves:
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Grass Knot

This is a weird Ev Spread I tried myself and it's really helpful.

Leftovers
Scrafty
Nature: Jolly Ability: Moxie
Ev's: 4HP, 252 Atc, 252 Speed
Hidden Power: N/A
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Drain Punch
Ice Punch

Leftovers
Quagsire DW
Nature: Impish Ability: Unaware
Ev's: 252HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp.Def
Hidden Power: N/A
Moves:
Stockpile
Recover
Waterfall
Earthquake

Lum Berry
Volcarona
Nature: Timid Ability: Flash Fire
Ev's: 4Def, 252Sp.Atc, 252Speed
Hidden Power: Rock
Moves:
Quiver Dance
Hidden Power Rock
Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance

You really want spin support on this team. While Espeon can bounce back enemy hazards, she can't bounce them back once they're set. You won't be switching Espeon in on a lead Tyranitar, so he either a) gets up Rocks or b) gets Rocks bounced back, Pursuits Espeon, and sets up Rocks again, neutering Volcarona permanently.

Use a rapid spinner such as Starmie, as you initially considered.

Balls, I forgot about Tentacruel. He sets up hazards too.

Make Quagsire more wall-like in that case, give him Stealth Rock and Protect.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Your Ninetails set is pretty much asking Tyranitar and Politoed to switch in. Solarbeam is negated and Fire Blast will do jack shit. I suggest running this set. EVs to outspeed Excadrill (in sun) and Will-o-Wisp so you're not a sitting duck against Tyranitar/ Politoed

Ninetails @ Leftovers
Drought
Timid
252 Hp/ 96 SpD/ 160 Spe
Flamethrower
Will-o-Wisp
Substitute
Protect/ Roar/ Energy Ball

I'm sure you have your uses for that Espeon EV spread. What is it for?

Your team seems to have a huge Heatran problem. Run Sawsbuck instead of Venusaur. Sawsbuck also discourages Tyranitar and Politoed from switching in because of Horn Leech, which is always a good thing. Its not like it'll die of LO recoil from Double Edge either. Horn Leech is just that great an asset.

Sawbuck @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Adamant/ Jolly (power vs speed question again, you pick)
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Swords Dance
Horn Leech
Return/ Double Edge
Jump Kick (less accurate, but more reliable due to balloon Heatran)/ Nature Power (basically its Earthquake)

A simple way to fix the Tyranitar problem is to run a Bulky Dance Volcorona instead of Offensive, that way you'll have a way to heal yourself.

Volcorona @ Leftovers
Flame Body
Bold
232 Hp/ 252 Def/ 24 Spe
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Morning Sun

If running a Stockpile Quagsire. I suggest using Toxic and Scald instead of Waterfall and Earthquake, since Quagsire can't hit very hard without Curse.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Ninetails looks good, all the way up to Solar Beam and HP choice. I reccommend going for HP fighting as it hits both ground and rock. Solar Beam, like New Order said its like asking for a switch to another weathere provider. Rain halves solar beams power, and you have to charge to use it. Same for sand on the effects on solar beam. Use energy ball unstead.

Venasaur never worked out for me, and like New Order said Sawsbuck is on top of it.

Espeon? Use morning sun, why else use it if its not going to even heal. Espeon are so fragile. There 2HKO on there dual screen sets. W/o there screens, they are usually OHKO for any STAB move. Espec. super effective STAB.

Espeon @ Leftovers/Light Clay (DW ability ofc)
Nature: (+ Sp.Def -Atk)
E: 52 Hp/204 Sp.Def/252 Def

Morning Sun
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic/Psyshock/Shadow Ball

Morning Sun recovers espeon to full HP even when its 1/3 or a little lower health. The screens can help your team effectivly. Espeons ability should be used to bounce back Stealth Rock/Toxic/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/T-Wave. The screens provide sipport. The last attack varies on what you want to do. Psychic is STAB and hits sp.def. Psyshock hits with spA and hits opponents def. Shadow Ball for chandulure. Whichever you like.

Whats Scrafty doing on a team that Blaziken or Infernape do soooo much better on.

Blaziken @ Leftovers/Life Orb
N: Adamant/Jolly
A: Speed Boost
E: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp

Protect
Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz
Brave Bird/Swords Dance
Sky-Uppercut/Drain Punch

Protect can spam out Speed Boost, increasing Sweeping capabilities. Flar Blitz is for maximum STAB power, but Blaze Kick is also acceptable STAB as well. Brave Bird hits more things, but I reccommend Swords Dance as it can sweep everything at that point. Drain Punch or Sky-Upper depends on power you want on it.

-Or-

Infernape @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
E: 252 Atk/204 Spd/52 SpA

Mach Punch
Close Combat
Hidden Power (Electric)
Flare Blitz

HP electirc hits Flying and Water efectivly. CC is for STAB and usually kills. Mach Punch is for priotiy. Flare Blitz is the best action to use, as it is its most powerful STAb move. It rivals Blaziken, and so you choose which one suits you best.

Run a bulkier set on Volcarona as New Order said, and this team is ready to kick some ass

Blaziken @ Leftovers/Life Orb
A: Speed Boost
E: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp

Protect
Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz
Brave Bird/Swords Dance
Sky-Uppercut/Drain Punch
Blaziken is banned.

Anyway, once Quaggy is down, Scarf Staraptor destroys your whole team.

@New World Order I prefer to keep ninetales as it is. I will try the one you said, to see how it's going. I've never tried bulky volcarona but I'll sure do it. Also I don't see heatrans threat. I mean even if it has Baloon I can defeat it with quagsire.

@Anthonias I will defenately not changing Scrafty with Blaziken (which is Uber) or Indernape. I've never tried SB Blaziken cause I haven't play Ubers yet, I have used infernape and it's really good. The thing is that 3 fire type in the same team? It's too much for me.

@Both Venusaur has worked perfectly for me. But I will try Sawsbuck since you guys say that it's good.
Tyranitar and Politoed are my enemies so I'll change solarbeam with energy ball.

EDIT: @Trollmonchan You can't predict this. I mean Venusaur can outspeed Staraptor. 492 < 568. I know what can a venusaur do to a staraptor but you don't know if growth was used before and + it has life orb. I think it's not easy for staraptor to sweep me. Don't forget about the Choise scarf's effect, you can choose only one move.

Nice team, For starters change your HP rock on your Volcarona to HP Ground so you can hit heatrans which competly wall it.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nice team, For starters change your HP rock on your Volcarona to HP Ground so you can hit heatrans which competly wall it.
Except that would mean you get owned by Dragonite and Salamence instead. It'd probably be better to just go with a Bulky Dance set.

@ OP, Quagsire is not the best way to deal with Heatran. It gets outstalled by Tormentran and falls to HP Grass as well. Not to mention its special bulk isn't that impressive.

@Majestic I don't think that HP Ground it's better than HP Rock, I'm deffenately sure that HP Rock is better since I still have Ninetales for this work, still if it's scarfed heatran it can't do much, but in 5th gen I see more offenisive heatrans. Also I'm not a starter :P I play competitive for a year, I have made some good teams, but sometimes I feel like sth is missing, that's why I posted one of my favorites to get a little help.

@New World Order Hmmm, when I chose Quagsire for that team I wanted to learn it's use, I know how it works but it doesn't help as the other pokemon in my team.

So guys you can give me some suggestion on what to use instead of Quagsire.

You could replace quags with something more like blissey which can absorb special attacks better than quag and doesn't lose to HP grass.

Hey there.

First off, running Solarbeam on Ninetales is usually a bad idea, seeing as enemy Tyranitars and Politoeds can come in, change the weather, and take out Ninetales in the following turn. Therefore, give Ninetales Power Herb over Leftovers. This will let you take out any non-defensive Politoed that stands in your way, and also can save you from losing the game if your opponent bring Tyranitar in on the turn you use Solarbeam. Also, run Will-O-Wisp over Confuse Ray. Confuse Ray really isn't a reliable move, especially on something as defensively frail as Ninetales; Will-O-Wisp has a higher rate of success and can cripple pokemon such as CB Dragonite and Gyarados, making it very useful.

I really don't understand your EV spread on Espeon; it seems like you are just wasting EVs when they could be used somewhere else. Change the spread to 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed. Also, run Psyshock over Stored and Hidden Power Fighting over Shadow Ball. Psyshock will let you destroy Blissey, while Hidden Power Fighting can dent enemy Tyranitar. I also recommend Morning Sun over Grass Knot, as it will provide a reliable recovery move in the sun, and make it easier to set up Calm Minds.

Finally, you need a Rapid Spinner just in case your enemy outpredicts you and gets up Stealth Rock. Quagsire really isn't doing much for your team, so I suggest that you replace Quagsire with a Starmie.

Rapid Spin Starmie
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

This is a Starmie designed specially for sun teams. Life Orb lets it hit hard, while Hidden Power Fire absolutely destroys Ferrothorns and Scizors who can normally take a hit from Starmie. Thunderbolt is chosen over Ice Beam in order to beat the #1 OU Spin-Blocker: Jellicent. A Rapid Spinner that can learn Stealth Rock such as Donphan isn't needed if you play with Espeon well enough.

Overall, solid team. Good luck.

As soon as Espeon is out your team will have problems winning why don't you have a spinner?

Also why don't you change Ninetales to Modest with Max Special Defense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)