My Pokemon Ranch: What do we know?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
My Pokemon Ranch released for WiiWare in US

Well, My Pokemon Ranch came out today, and here I am, away from my Wii at the moment.

Info in a nutshell:

What Pokemon do we know come of it?
http://serebii.net/ranch/trade.shtml

Here's what you can get from it...
Ranch Level Info:
This is how I think it works. The ranch works on a day cycle, so it grows once you hit certain levels on the following day. Assuming that is true, it looks like we'll be able to hit the maximum level of 1000 pokemon in 20 days and get that Mew. Assuming this is true, the first legit Ranch Mews should be obtainable on the 28th of this month.

EDIT: Actually, this is assuming the ranch can only go up one level per day. Assuming that the level can increase directly with the number of pokemon transferred over, the ranch could hit the maximum level much more quickly. If that is correct then we could see this progression:

Day 1: Add 20 pokemon
Day 2: Ranch goes up to Level 5
........ Add to 50 total pokemon
Day 3: Ranch goes up to Level 8
........ Add to 100 total pokemon
Day 4: Ranch goes up to Level 11
........ Add to 250 total pokemon
Day 5: Ranch goes up to Level 15
........ Add to 500 total pokemon
Day 6: Ranch goes up to Level 20
........ Add to 1000 total pokemon
Day 7: Ranch goes up to Level 25
........ Trade for Mew

This is, of course, assuming that you get to pick Mew from his trades. If that is true, then the first legit Mews should be popping up as early as the 15th or 16th. Wash, rinse and repeat and we could have a wide variety of Ranch Mews available for trade by the end of the month.
Actually, the Ranch appears to be able to level faster than once per day. From this GameFAQs topic which was started around EPR's Japanese release, you can note the following post he made on his second day of playing:

(Considering that the level up requirements can be met early for most ranch levels, this suggests the ranch can update quite fast.)

My initial calculations with this understanding suggested that it'd take about a week for the ranch to fully level up. (Specifically, that if those calculations are accurate, somebody will have a completely filled the Ranch and be trading for Mew on Sunday or Monday... can't quite remember.)

Edit: Not sure if you edited your post before or after mine, but I see you caught on to the same suggested level up mechanism.
Workaround for upload limit/day:
doesnt seem like the ranch grows more then once a day :O 20 is the max for me w/o any obvious way around it *sob
HUZZAH! you can change the Wii date to one day in advance to trick the system hehe more pokes please :D

The shop channel still hasn't updated...12? I think.

lol@
Players do not need to own Pokémon Diamond and Pearl to play My Pokémon Ranch. Players without the Nintendo DS game will be given 6 starter Pokémon (including a Pikachu, Riolu, Mudkip, Turtwig, Magikarp, and Staravia), and will be given a new Pokémon at the start of each day.
And Serebii has a list of Pokemon...of course Serebii isn't working now. I'll edit this or post again once I find it.

The views take time to load.

@EE, I saw you on AIM and then I found out about it coming out, went to grab my Wii to hook it up, and I was going to IM you and you were off AIM!

Stoked to see the update even if I won't be able to get anything. ^_^

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Aww, drat. Mew has Hypnosis. I suppose that might make my recent catch in Emerald with XD Tutoring a bit less desirable...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know this evening after I get home I'll download My Pokemon Ranch. If I understand correctly, I can only upload 14 pokemon the first day, shall be interesting to hear from others.

Aww, drat. Mew has Hypnosis. I suppose that might make my recent catch in Emerald with XD Tutoring a bit less desirable...
putting 999 Pokemon in that Box won't be THAT easy to do. haha
Plus random natures sound hard...Don't be so negative Nancy about it so soon. =p

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
putting 999 Pokemon in that Box won't be THAT easy to do. haha
Plus random natures sound hard...Don't be so negative Nancy about it so soon. =p
Negative Nancy
Route 213
P3113
Minun: Frustration, Rain Dance
Absol: Frustration
Spiritomb: Frustration

I mean I suppose. I mean, mine is in a Luxury Ball... and nicknameable.

I know this evening after I get home I'll download My Pokemon Ranch. If I understand correctly, I can only upload 14 pokemon the first day, shall be interesting to hear from others.
i believe its 20 pokemon per day. i wonder if we can trick the wii by fast-forwarding the time :P

I'd be interested to know how the save data is stored. In particular, if the game treats the game data and the save data as separate entities and you can delete the save data. In preparation for this game, I have 1000 pokemon ready in two games specifically bought to hold the 1000 for this game. Should the save data be deletable / resetable (and the Mew trade re-acquirable) that should make things quite nice.

Also, it'll be quite fun preparing a living pokedex. It'll be just like getting credit for all the pokemon all over again, except this time with much more fun results! :)

Already have a small handful of Miis selected to be in the ranch, too.

Edit: The limit of 20 is for the first day, I believe. It sounds like it's just a limit on the number you can store in the game as opposed to how many you can transfer over. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

My Pokémon Ranch is a rather unique sub-game that is to be obtained on the Wii through their WiiWare service in Spring 2008.
Pokémon Ranch is similar in style to Pokémon Box whereas you are able to transfer Pokémon from your Diamond & Pearl games to this game for storage. Storing up to 1000 of them at any one time. However, instead of just seeing sprites of them, you are capable of seeing them in a 3D environment which you walk with your Mii. However, instead of the full models, as this is a small WiiWare game, the Pokémon are all shrunk down to small, chibi, origami styled versions of themselves.
[While interacting with the Pokémon, it appears that you can fully interact with them, pet them and so forth. Sometimes the Pokémon themselves will be interacting with eachother and you will essentially see all your stored Pokémon in this medium. As such, there is a function that allows you to take pictures of your Mii with your Pokémon and it even has the ability of sending the picture to your friend through the WiiConnect24 service.
Please note that you cannot transfer all your Pokémon here, restart and transfer them back over
You're asking if you can delete your data and get back to the Ranch Pokemon, right?

You're asking if you can delete your data and get back to the Ranch Pokemon, right?
Me? Maybe not? (I might not understand what you're suggesting, but let me assure you that I know that pokemon that enter the Ranch from a specific game may only return through to that same game.) My hope is I would be able to...

-Transfer all 1000 pokemon in. (Could take a week assuming I understand the transfer mechanics and ranch level.)
-Obtain Mew.
-Transfer all 1000 pokemon back out.
-Reset My Pokemon Ranch save data (start the ranch over)
-Repeat from step 1
-???
-Profit!

(Of course, if you weren't asking me, nevermind?)

the bad thing about Ranch is that you cant restart your game and get the pokemon from the previous save back. so if you restart your game te pokemon you had in Ranch from that game will be locked in Ranch FOREVER!!!

Me? Maybe not? (I might not understand what you're suggesting, but let me assure you that I know that pokemon that enter the Ranch from a specific game may only return through to that same game.) My hope is I would be able to...

-Transfer all 1000 pokemon in. (Could take a week assuming I understand the transfer mechanics and ranch level.)
-Obtain Mew.
-Transfer all 1000 pokemon back out.
-Reset My Pokemon Ranch save data (start the ranch over)
-Repeat from step 1
-???
-Profit!

(Of course, if you weren't asking me, nevermind?)
oh you meant restart the ranch...I would assume that works.
I thought you meant restarting d/p which once you do you can't get the Pokemon back.

It doesn't come out for another 40 minutes though <.<

But I think you can fill up the maximum ranch level every day. By depositing 20, you unlock the level that can hold 50; by depositing those 50, you unlock 100 and so on.

I don't see anything that says 20 per day, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)