My second attempt at BW 2

Should i swap out ferathorn for something else?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
{The second downpour}

Prologue:
Well when Pokemon BW2 was released i decided to try out using rain so i made a rain team,so i made it then i discovered the amoongus,slowbro defensive core and i wanted to try it out but it didn't fit anywhere on my team so i decided to start from scratch besides using politoed and ferrathorn...

The team at a glance:

Team building process:

So i wanted to use the amoongus,slowbro defensive core and they fit perfectly into any rain team so i decided to also use poli.

Then after that i also wanted to be able to set up entry hazards so i added back ferrathorn but it was a physical wall before so i changed it to a mix wall.

I also needed a fast physical attacker so i added terrakion so i can take things out quickly before they become threats.

So i noticed I was a bit one sided on attackers,i had poli and terra as far as attackers so i needed something that could hit hard and leave a mark and since it could also take advantage of the rain in some aspects i decided to go with a mix salamence.
---------------
|Testing begins|
---------------

So for no changes have been made...

The Team:

Lead/Special Attacker:

Nickname: KingDedede (
) (M) @
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump -
- Ice Beam -
- Focus Blast -
- Hidden Power [Grass] -

Info:
First off we heve politoad,i choose a specs politoad set with an expert belt so that i don't have to worry about my enemy predicting a move and switching into a Pokemon that isn't affected by it or resists it then i can swap to another move to do even more damage to them.With the ev spread of 4 hp,252 special attack and 252 speed and a timid nature.With the move set of hydro pump,ice beam,focus blast,and hidden power grass.

Special Wall:

Nickname: GreatBall (
) (F) @
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Clear Smog -
- Giga Drain -
- Spore -
- Hidden Power [Ice] -

Info:
The special wall of this team,amoongus helps this team out allot.With the item of black sludge to heal some health through turns and to damage foes who try to trick amoongus.Then a ev spread of 252 hp,252 special defense and 4 evs in speed with a calm nature.And finally with a move set of clear smog,giga drain,spore and hidden power ice.And the ability regenerator helps out allot.

Physical Wall:

Nickname: BronzeMedal (
) (M) @

Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Slack Off -
- Toxic -
- Scald -
- Ice Beam -

Info:
Next up is my slowbro which works well with amoongus.I gave it lefties so that it will be restoring health every turn and the ability regenerator.then with the ev spread of 252 hp,252 defense and 4 speed and then the bold nature it help slowbro be a physical wall.Then finally with the move set of slack off,toxic,scald and ice beam for good coverage and stalling purposes.
Mix Wall:

Nickname: Gordo (
) (M) @

Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes -
- Leech Seed -
- Stealth Rock -
- Power Whip -

Info:
Here is the mix wall of my team,ferathorn.With the item rocky helmet and the ability iron barbs fera will be dealing allot of damage to physcial attackers.Also with the ev spread od 252 hp,252 defense and 252 special defense with the careful nature so that the defense and special defense stats are even.I gave it the moves of spikes,leech seed,stealth rock and power whip to set up entry hazards,and stall out of foe and absorb their health.

Mix Sweeper:

Nickname: Rose (
) (F) @

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hydro Pump -
- Earthquake -
- Dragon Claw -
- Roost -

Info:
My second to last team member,salamence the mix mence.with leftovers for restore health every turn and then intimidate to lower the foes attack since i have a hasty nature that decreases defense.With the ev sprite of 28 attack,228 special attack and 252 speed so that i have allot of speed and allot of attack power on both side of the spectrum.Then with the move set of hydro pump,earthquake,dragon claw and roost so that i have good coverage and can restore 50% of my health if needed.

Physical Sweeper:

Nickname: Creeper (
) @

Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake -
- Sacred Sword -
- Stone Edge -
- X-Scissor -

Info:
Why is this terrakion named creeper,because just like creepers they ruin your day when you least expect it.Terrakion was given the choice scarf to outspeed allot of things and kill them off before they can even say a word,and the ability justified to get an attack boost from dark type moves and its its only ability.With the ev spread of 2 hp,252 attack and 252 speed that makes terrakion a force to be reckoned with,not to add on about its adamant nature.Then it has the move set of earthquake,sacred sword,stone edge and x-scissor so that terrakion is hitting hard all across the board.

Importable version:
Italy (Politoed) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

Sheldon (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

The Queen (Jellicent) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Bulkynite (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SDef / 128 Def
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Brick Break
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Wish Maker (Jirachi) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Sir Tormen (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Final Glance At The Team:

(if a pokemon has not been detailed about how i deal with it with this team it will be blank and if i have any mistakes in the threat list like repeats or how what i said dosen't counter it please let me know instead of taking up my time with a insult that dosen't even help)

Threats:
Tyranitar -
Scizor -
Dragonite -
Politoed -
Latios -
Reuniclus -
Haxorus -
Conkeldurr -
Terrakion -
Gengar -
Starmie -
Landorus -
Infernape -
Volcarona -
Magnezone -
Espeon -
Salamence -
Hydreigon -
Breloom -
Latias -
Toxicroak -
Lucario -
Virizion -
Scrafty -
Venusaur -
Metagross -
Mienshao -
Cloyster -
Mamoswine -
Darmanitan -
Tornadus -
Tornadus-t -
Thundorus -
Thundorus-t -
Landorus-t -
/
Keldeo -
Abomasnow -
Alakazam -
Azelf -
Azumarill -
Deoxys-D -
Dugtrio -
Gorebyss -
Kingdra -
Kyurem -
Victini -
Stoutland -
Smeargle -
Sharpedo -
Rotom-C -
Rotom-W -
Ferrothorn -
Gliscor -
Heatran -
Jirachi -
Skarmory -
Ninetales -
Celebi -
Forretress: -
Gyarados -
Jellicent -
Tentacruel -
Gastrodon -
Blissey -
Vaporeon -
Latias -
Bronzong -
Swampert -
Mew -
Slowbro -
Quagsire -
Cresselia -
Empoleon -
Hippowdon -
Xatu -
Wobbuffet -
Whimsicott -
Tangrowth -
Sableye -
Porygon2 -
Chansey -

I just wanted to chime in here and ask what is the point of all the stall tactics and hazards if the opponent is just going to send in a forretress or what have you and just spin them away in one turn? I would replace one of your Pokemon (the most expendable one, probably Amoonguss as you already have Ferrothorn who sets your hazards) with a ghost type spin blocker. Otherwise, everything looks pretty good.

I don't get how you have politoed on a team that doesn't abuse rain at all

The team has absolutely no direction, and stuff like mixmence just doesn't work anymore because of how the metagame has changed to bulky attackers. Remember that mixmence was created as a wallbreaker to clear the way for other sweepers.

My suggestion is to take the standard politoed/thundurus-T/tornadus-T/ferrothorn core and experiment from there. I honestly just don't see this team working with any sort of consistancy.

I don't get how you have politoed on a team that doesn't abuse rain at all

The team has absolutely no direction, and stuff like mixmence just doesn't work anymore because of how the metagame has changed to bulky attackers. Remember that mixmence was created as a wallbreaker to clear the way for other sweepers.

My suggestion is to take the standard politoed/thundurus-T/tornadus-T/ferrothorn core and experiment from there. I honestly just don't see this team working with any sort of consistancy.
Let's not encourage the annoying standard that anyone can cough up. Although a little rain abusing will do just fine on this team without most of the Trio.

I like the team as far as the Pokemon are concerned, but synergy is key and in the current meta-game this team will probably fall short most of the time. Why?

Choice Band Scizor gives your whole team trouble pretty much no matter how much HP it has left. U turning on Slowbro and Ferrothorn and forcing you to predict what it will do against Terrakion and Salamence isn't exactly what you want. You need something that can stop Scizor and Survive in the meta game. Jellicent can do just that, while handling Tornadus, Taunting/ force switching Keldeo, and Taunt/ Burning bulky Pokemon and stall.

Next I would " grab the bull by the horns" and throw Terrakion off the team. Scarf Keldeo is a great clean up sweeper with Surf or Hydro Pump in Rain. It will also allow you to have another steel resist and make your team that much solid.

Lastly I would drop mence from the team all together. Scarf Mence, LO Mence, and DD Moxie Outrage Mence are all bad in my opinion and don't out speed the common scarfer's and Pokemon with ice moves that are major threats in the meta. Of course teams made around Mence are a different scenario! If I were to make a suggestion I would say use Thundurus T instead, but use whatever you'd like just make sure it's offensive and speedy, because teams like this are very solid and effective.

Suggested Sets:

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic/Hyro Pump/ Focus Blast
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]
* I like Toxic for Jellicent and CM Latias

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Scald/ Ice Beam

Jellicent is a Pokemon you edit to your team with great Def/Sp Def considering it's Hp and Will-O-Wisp
Just remember to be creative! Good Luck!

Let's not encourage the annoying standard that anyone can cough up. Although a little rain abusing will do just fine on this team without most of the Trio.
There is a reason why standards are standard. It's because they are good. Encouraging centralization is not my agenda. I hate rain right now because I feel it centralizes the metagame so much. But I know that right now Politoed/Thundurus-T/tornadus-T/ferrothorn gives you a significantly higher chance at winning. Newbies need all the help they can get before they learn the art of prediction and better team building skills.

The goal is not to be harsh to discourage development of these skills. The goal is to give them the right information. "a little rain abuse" will lose against "a lot of rain abuse"

Newbies need all the help they can get before they learn the art of prediction and better team building skills.

The goal is not to be harsh to discourage development of these skills. The goal is to give them the right information. "a little rain abuse" will lose against "a lot of rain abuse"
Just clearing this up i am not a noob in this metagame,i am just a noob when it comes to weather teams.

Then also in my first b/w 2 rain team at one time I had a team the relied to much on the rain and with the core i feel i would fall back into that again.

So i am going to go with Jellicent > Amoongus and Keldeo > Terrakion
but before i do that i need to find someway to Have a physical attacker of somekind besides ferrothorn on the team so i am not stalled by special walls...

There is a reason why standards are standard. It's because they are good. Encouraging centralization is not my agenda. I hate rain right now because I feel it centralizes the metagame so much. But I know that right now Politoed/Thundurus-T/tornadus-T/ferrothorn gives you a significantly higher chance at winning. Newbies need all the help they can get before they learn the art of prediction and better team building skills.

The best way to learn is experimenting on your own though. That's my point of view. If he was new to the game I'm sure he wouldn't want people to tell him use what everyone else is using when he's just adjusting. Why not have fun with it instead of following the crowd without experimentation. I think that's the best way to gain experience.

Good Luck Dragonmist

I second the fact that Salamence is just not effective in this meta. Rain teams are everywhere, and with it Ferrothorn; Mence just doesn't touch Ferro, and has more problems with all these Ice attacks flying around, especially since you're using a MixMence set (?_?) which is slow as hell.

Personally I'd keep Terrakion though, but you need Close Combat > Sacred Sword. Terrakion is invaluable for having Stone Edge to outspeed and revenge Volc, Therian forms, Dnite, and Mence, EQ for Jirachi and Croak, and in general offering insurance against a lot of top tier threats. It's also a classy SR setter, which could help you free a moveslot on Ferro to use more important things. Just something you could try, although if you're new to the game I'd just stick with using what you know.

I am working on changing around the team and the team i am going to have after the changes is:
politoad
gliscor
jellicent
dragonite
keldeo
jirachi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)