My UU Rain Dance team

So wassup guys. I'm making a couple of teams and doulbe checking them but I'm still worried whether I need major time fixing or not. so.....

Rain Dance electrode@ Damp rock (Static)
248 spd/ 252sp.att./ 10sp.def.
Hasty Nature(Def-, Spd.+)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Water
- Taunt

This is a typical rain dance setup as most of u know; however, I switched explosion for HP water because explosion hasn't gotten me any kills.Thunder and HP water work well w/this set if I want to dealmassive damage and surprise an incoming ground, water, or rock type taunt is there to prevent setup.

Baton Pass Drifblim@ Shell Bell (Unburden)
56 HP/252 sp.att./200 spd.
Timid(att. -, spd.+)
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm mind
- Baton Pass

This is probably where Ihave problemsbecause I think this pokemon Hinders this team in a sense. The point of this set is to baton pass at least a sub so when it baton passes it can let the next pokemon come in safely. shadow ball is there just in case it has been taunted. calm mind helps for certain pokes on my team.

DuckTuck@ leftovers (Rain Dish)
48 HP/156 Def./156 Sp.Att/252 Sp.Def.
Bold(att.-, Def +)
-Leech Seed
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

This is my mixed wall that can deal lots of damage on a non-grass pokemon;after being baton passed certain things it can become a beast and is almost impossible to stop. toxic is for the water pokemon that comein and wall this set. Ice Beam is for better coverage.I like this set and don't wanna change it. I wanted this set to abuse the useofRain Dish rather than Swift Swim.

MagiCroak@ Expert Belt (Dry Skin)
40 Att./252 Sp. Att/216 Spd.
Hasty(Def -,Spd +)
- Vaccum Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Punch

This set is to confuse opponents to see what they will do. Focus Punch is used While behind a Sub. Vaccum Wave is for priority while Nasty Plot is used when th opponent switches their poke out. Dark Pulse is for opposing psychics and possible flinch.

Baon Passing Gorebyss@ Damp Rock (Swift Swim)
252 HP/ 226 Def./ 32 Spd.
Bold(Att -, Def +)
- Baton Pass
- Rain Dance
- Iron Defense
- Aqua Ring

This is another pokemon I'm thinking of but in terms of canging the set alittl because it is vunlerable to taunt. It is agreat Physical wall and is an ok rain dancer. Aqua Ring is for baton Passing it to Ludidcolo to be more of a tank along with the increase defense. if anyone has a suggestion on this set please tell me.

Ragezel@ Life Orb (Swift Swim)
56 HP/252 Att./ 200 Spd
Adament(Sp.Att. -, Att.+)
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Payback/Pursuit

This is pretty self-explanatory. It goes in and attacks. Waterfall is for stab and flinch rate, Ice Punch dealswith grass types that give it problems, Brick Break is for damage on steel-type pokes, and Payback os for the ghost types that give it problems. Pursuit is useful for a switch out but I generally use Payback.

I wasthinking of switching Mahile for Driflim because Ludicolo can take earthquake like a beast and it is not much of a problem giving it Iron Defense and giving Gorebyss an attack to fight back. If u guys have any suggestion please let me know.

So wassup guys. I'm making a couple of teams and doulbe checking them but I'm still worried whether I need major time fixing or not. so.....

Rain Dance electrode@ Damp rock (Static)
248 spd/ 252sp.att./ 10sp.def.
Hasty Nature(Def-, Spd.+)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Water
- Taunt

This is a typical rain dance setup as most of u know; however, I switched explosion for HP water because explosion hasn't gotten me any kills.Thunder and HP water work well w/this set if I want to dealmassive damage and surprise an incoming ground, water, or rock type taunt is there to prevent setup.

Fine.

Baton Pass Drifblim@ Shell Bell (Unburden)
56 HP/252 sp.att./200 spd.
Timid(att. -, spd.+)
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm mind
- Baton Pass

This is probably where Ihave problemsbecause I think this pokemon Hinders this team in a sense. The point of this set is to baton pass at least a sub so when it baton passes it can let the next pokemon come in safely. shadow ball is there just in case it has been taunted. calm mind helps for certain pokes on my team.

Rethink this. You have no time to be fooling around with Baton Pass stuff while the Rain is up. In weather teams, you have to make every turn count. I would use something like a Cressellia for a secondary Rain set-up.

DuckTuck@ leftovers (Rain Dish)
48 HP/156 Def./156 Sp.Att/252 Sp.Def.
Bold(att.-, Def +)
-Leech Seed
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

This is my mixed wall that can deal lots of damage on a non-grass pokemon;after being baton passed certain things it can become a beast and is almost impossible to stop. toxic is for the water pokemon that comein and wall this set. Ice Beam is for better coverage.I like this set and don't wanna change it. I wanted this set to abuse the useofRain Dish rather than Swift Swim.

If you're really insistant on not changing this set, I can't help you.
Stalling is the last thing you want to be doing while on a timer. All you're really doing here is wasting valuable sweeping turns. Either use SD Ludicolo or go Rain Dance, Surf, Energy Ball, Ice Beam.

MagiCroak@ Expert Belt (Dry Skin)
40 Att./252 Sp. Att/216 Spd.
Hasty(Def -,Spd +)
- Vaccum Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Punch

This set is to confuse opponents to see what they will do. Focus Punch is used While behind a Sub. Vaccum Wave is for priority while Nasty Plot is used when th opponent switches their poke out. Dark Pulse is for opposing psychics and possible flinch.

Unless you really feel opposing Rain teams are a problem, I'd replace this with another Rain abuser, like Qwilfish. If you do keep it, replace Focus Punch with Cross Chop or something.

Baon Passing Gorebyss@ Damp Rock (Swift Swim)
252 HP/ 226 Def./ 32 Spd.
Bold(Att -, Def +)
- Baton Pass
- Rain Dance
- Iron Defense
- Aqua Ring

This is another pokemon I'm thinking of but in terms of canging the set alittl because it is vunlerable to taunt. It is agreat Physical wall and is an ok rain dancer. Aqua Ring is for baton Passing it to Ludidcolo to be more of a tank along with the increase defense. if anyone has a suggestion on this set please tell me.
Switch to an offensive set (Surf/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, HP Grass, Psychic) with Life Orb or Choice Specs.

Ragezel@ Life Orb (Swift Swim)
56 HP/252 Att./ 200 Spd
Adament(Sp.Att. -, Att.+)
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Payback/Pursuit

This is pretty self-explanatory. It goes in and attacks. Waterfall is for stab and flinch rate, Ice Punch dealswith grass types that give it problems, Brick Break is for damage on steel-type pokes, and Payback os for the ghost types that give it problems. Pursuit is useful for a switch out but I generally use Payback.

Outclassd by SD Kabutops, use that instead.

I wasthinking of switching Mahile for Driflim because Ludicolo can take earthquake like a beast and it is not much of a problem giving it Iron Defense and giving Gorebyss an attack to fight back. If u guys have any suggestion please let me know.

to say the truth, toxicroak as a special sweeper w/ focus puch, i'll change it to brick break for accuracy, is very powerful, especially after 2 nasty plots. i take ur advice on everything else except that i like giga drain instead of energy ball and hp grass for toxic . thanks for the major pointers

Kabutops deserves a spot on here don't you think?

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Swift Swim / Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Swords Dance
~ Aqua Jet / Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Return

Replace Driftblm with it. Swords Dance might seem lame during the limited Rain but with the right setup Aqua Jet / Waterfall with STAB hurts like a truck. Stone Edge provides secondary STAB, while Return gets neutral damage on other Water-types and Grass-types.

-Terywj

Needs less Toxicroak. Put in Qwilfish for another Grass resist.

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash/Waccan Berry (since about every rock setter upper should killed by electrode going boom, so Sash is better imo)
Jolly Nature
56HP/252Atk/200Spe

~Destiny Bond/Explosion
~Aqua Jet
~Waterfall
~Poison Jab

Gorebyss has wrong stats/moves etc.

Gorebyss @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
252SpA/252Spe/4HP

~Hydro Pump
~HP Electric/Grass
~Shadow Ball
~Ice Beam

Perfect type coverage. hits everything for at least neutral damage. HP Grass or HP Electric depends on what your team lacks.

Get rid of Drifblim k. Its awful on rain dance teams and serves no purpose. The purpose of Rain Dance teams are to be super omg amazing offensive, not lolfailstall.

Replace Drifblim with this:

Registeel @ Damp Rock
252HP/104Def/152SpD
Bold Nature

~Thunder Wave/Yawn
~Stealth Rock
~Rain Dance
~Thunder/Psychic

Being a Rain Dance, you are open to a gaping electric and grass weakness. So, odds are, something will probably die or you could face a Sunny Day/Sandstorm team. You need something sturdy and with a fair amount of resistances to replenish the rain. Uxie is a great candidate for this as it can take 2-3 hits and in the mean time, set up Rocks and Rain Dance (IN THAT ORDER) before it dies, yawn is to PHaze something out or put it to sleep. T-Wave is to cripple any would-be hindrances. Thunder is an option because it has 100% accuracy under rain, and Psychic is for STAB.

As previoulsy mentioned, Floatzel is outclassed by SD Kabutops.

On Electrode, replace HP Water (lol?) with Explosion, since its useless after it sets up rain, and usually gives an extra KO.

tl;dr

Qwilfish >> Toxicroak
Gorebyss needs the above moveset
No more Drifblim
Electrode needs 100% more boom.

team should look like this:

Electrode
Qwilfish
Gorebyss
Ludicolo
Kabutops
Uxie

Electrode: Fine.

Drifblim: I was kind of confused on why he's on this team. Opposing Thunder users can kill it very easily. On a Rain Dance team, you should try to keep it raining as long as possible. Setting up Substitutes would take a lot of time. I highly suggest that you replace Drifblim with this Pokemon:

Omastar @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Sp. Attk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Grass/Electric/ Earth Power

With Omastar, you'll be causing tons of damage to your opponent's team because of its type coverage and it's insanely high special attack. Using Damp Rock allows maximum Rain Dance. If you wish, you could use a Life Orb or Leftovers instead.

Ludicolo: First off, the EV's exceed a total of 510. If you're going to use Ludicolo as a mixed wall, I think you should do some modifications:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Sp. Def/ 126 Def/ 126 HP/ 4 Sp. Attack
-Rain Dance
-Leech Seed
-Surf
-Grass Knot/Energy Ball/ Ice Beam

With Leftovers, Rain Dish, and Leech seed, it will heal itself 1/4 of its HP after every turn in the rain. As a wall, you should find ways to heal it as much as possible. I put Rain Dance on him because your Electrode's Rain Dance only lasts 8 turns. I would use this strategy: switch in on a Pokemon you know it can defeat. Use Leech Seed; even if the opponent switches, you'll still seed the Pokemon that gets sent in.

Toxicroak: I'm not entirely sure on what you're doing with him. It seems like you depend too much on Drifblim's Substitute to run this team. You shouldn't depend on that; you need to focus on the rain. I suggest this moveset:

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Cross Chop/Brick Break
-Thunder Punch
-Sucker Punch

I changed him into a physical sweeper. Swords Dance is used when you know you're opponent is going to switch. Dry Skin + Life Orb make a good combination in the rain. Cross Chop or Brick Break are great STAB moves. Thunder Punch is for annoying Flying and Water types. Sucker Punch is for the Psychic types who can do 4x damage on Toxicroak.

Gorebyss: She is meant to take advantage of the rain. With a high special attack, she can cause destruction to your opponent. I highly recommend this set:

Gorebyss @ Damp Rock/Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Grass/Psychic

This moveset can do a lot of damage because of its type-coverage. The item choice is your decision. Rain Dance is put on her because she relies on it for sweeping. Hidden Power Grass is recommended but Psychic will also do great damage.

Floatzel: With an already high speed, this Pokemon can frighten your opponent. I've used my own personalized moveset and it works well. I'll give it to you:

Floatzel @ Damp Rock
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 HP/ 4 Speed
-Rain Dance
-Bulk Up
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch/Brick Break

This set has worked wonders for me on my own Rain Dance team. Rain Dance is on there for more support. The item choice I use is Damp Rock to keep it raining as long as possible. Bulk Up is used to boost its high attack, while also raising is defenses. Waterfall is a great STAB and Ice Punch to defend against pesky Grass-types. The reason why I did not put a lot of Speed EVs is because it already has a high speed stat. In the rain, that speed stat is doubled, allowing it to out speed many Pokemon.

I highly suggest that you replace Drifblim with this Pokemon:

Kingdra @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Sp. Attk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam/Signal Beam/Hidden Power Electric

With Kingdra, you'll be out-speeding a lot of Pokemon in the rain. He's basically your Special Sweeper that should do a lot of damage with Life Orb. The last move is your choice. It depends on what you're expecting your opponent to send out.
Kingdra is not UU. Read the title, guys.

-Terywj

Floatzle for kabutops. Better in general. Ice punch and Xscissor both deal with grass pretty well. A sword dance could own kids.

I'd switch Gorebyss for a Rain dancing clafable. Wishing could help out your other pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)