SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Even though this may be obvious to some of you, it isn't really obvious to me, so I'll ask here. In regards to the elemental powers that Pokemon have, would you consider Pokemon to be "magical" by any chance, or just additional animals of the Pokemon world alongside other organisms? I know the term "magic' is scientifically unacceptable, but the 4th Gen has introduced a "figurative creator" and the Mascots of Time, Space, and Antimatter, but I'm pretty sure ordinary Pokemon aren't magical. I'm curious to know what you guys think.

Not even your average Fairy-type, which is probably the "Light element" in Pokemon would likely be magical, despite the names of some moves. I mean, Psychic is probably the "Science element" of Pokemon, if that's the case, right? The names of those moves and Abilities are probably using the term figuratively, such as Magic Bounce / Guard.

They would have to be magical somehow. There's no way things like Squirtle can shoot out more water than its body has room for. Practically everything other than the most basic physical attacks must have some kind of magical quality.

Yeah, I agree with Darth Manaphy. Like what is a shadow ball and how does it harm you, except for if you are normal? No scientific explanation behind that as far as I'm concerned. A large amount of pokemon would qualify as what we think of as "magic", although that's not the term I think of when talking about pokemon.

NEW TOPIC! :D

And it's about our lil' diamond princess who everyone loved up to Mega Altaria.

Diancie is a mutation of a Carbink, as said in its X and OR entries. But how is Diancie not an evolution? How does the mutation process go? In Diancie's movie, there seems to be only one at a time, and it is like the queen of a hive of Carbink? Diancie has some interesting questions about its origin to me. My theory is that the mutation is from extreme pressure, i.e being thousands or millions of feet under ground. Diamonds are created from intense pressure and heat. Could the origin of a Diancie be from living underneath a volcano, or being so far underground the extreme heat and pressure creates the queen Carbink?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Even though this may be obvious to some of you, it isn't really obvious to me, so I'll ask here. In regards to the elemental powers that Pokemon have, would you consider Pokemon to be "magical" by any chance, or just additional animals of the Pokemon world alongside other organisms? I know the term "magic' is scientifically unacceptable, but the 4th Gen has introduced a "figurative creator" and the Mascots of Time, Space, and Antimatter, but I'm pretty sure ordinary Pokemon aren't magical. I'm curious to know what you guys think.

Not even your average Fairy-type, which is probably the "Light element" in Pokemon would likely be magical, despite the names of some moves. I mean, Psychic is probably the "Science element" of Pokemon, if that's the case, right? The names of those moves and Abilities are probably using the term figuratively, such as Magic Bounce / Guard.
A little from column A, a little from column B. For the most part they treat a Pokemon's elemental ability as something explainable by biological science. However as Darth Manaphy pointed out there are some snags in this logic such as a Pokemon being able to produce almost an unlimited supply of their element (or at the very produce more than their body mass several times over). I say if you're for some reason trying to figure out Pokemon biology the best I can say is combine both where you feel its necessary. I'd say the best way to go about it is to say Pokemon can use a form of alchemy to create their element, maybe even having an organ that does the conversion (a lot of Fire-types have a flame sac, the Pikachu family and expies have pouches which create electricity, etc.).

NEW TOPIC! :D

And it's about our lil' diamond princess who everyone loved up to Mega Altaria.

Diancie is a mutation of a Carbink, as said in its X and OR entries. But how is Diancie not an evolution? How does the mutation process go? In Diancie's movie, there seems to be only one at a time, and it is like the queen of a hive of Carbink? Diancie has some interesting questions about its origin to me. My theory is that the mutation is from extreme pressure, i.e being thousands or millions of feet under ground. Diamonds are created from intense pressure and heat. Could the origin of a Diancie be from living underneath a volcano, or being so far underground the extreme heat and pressure creates the queen Carbink?
Being they always make sure to say its a mutation I'm guessing its a different process from evolution. They also mention its a "sudden transformation" so that also removes the idea its from being under extreme pressure. I've always thought that Diancie had transformed from Carbink similarly to how Mega Stones had transformed from normal stones. Not all Carbink are able to transform into Diancie, infact only a very VERY small fraction have the potential and probably need an equally as rare trigger to transform. So it's not something naturally per se, there's no way a person would probably ever see a Carbink transform into a Diancie as it sounds like an accident.

Pikachu315111 So I guess it's a bit of biology, chemistry, and even alchemy thrown into the mix?

Anyway, I wonder how Pokemon have evolved (as in our real-life gradualism, not the everyday evolution seen in the games) over time to resemble inanimate objects to the point that they've practically become animate inanimate objects? Examples include anything in the pure Mineral Egg Group, such as Klefki, Honedge, Geodude, etc. Do note that all three examples are in the pure Mineral Egg Group, and not in another Group.

According to serebii, another mysterious pokemon/thing appeared in the trailer for next years pokemon movie along with the previously seen silhouette. All I can say is I believe this strengthens the case for gen 7 coming earlier than we thought. The mystery deepens...

Pikachu315111 So I guess it's a bit of biology, chemistry, and even alchemy thrown into the mix?

Anyway, I wonder how Pokemon have evolved (as in our real-life gradualism, not the everyday evolution seen in the games) over time to resemble inanimate objects to the point that they've practically become animate inanimate objects? Examples include anything in the pure Mineral Egg Group, such as Klefki, Honedge, Geodude, etc. Do note that all three examples are in the pure Mineral Egg Group, and not in another Group.
This would make sense for Pokemon like Magmenite too, who really wouldn't of been able to camouflage themselves before humans.

Here it is! I used WaffleTitan's index to create a master one, which hopefully a mod can put on the first page. I decided not to use links for the pages, because it's so easy to change pages without a link. I also added our new topics of Diancie and gradual evolution over time, and categories. I hope you all enjoy this! Sorry for the double spoiler, did something by mistake.

Index of Mysteries
as of
7/18/2015

Character Related
Ghost Girl
2, 14, 42, 43

AZ's Size and Age
4, 6, 42

Emma (X/Y)
9, 30

Lack of Father
6, 13, 14, 50

Pokemon Champion

Looker
18, 30, 42

ORAS Cameos

Norman
26, 27

Pheobe/Grandma
40, 43

N
24, 30, 45, 46, 47, 48

Pokemon, Pokemon Related, and Dex Busting
Pokedex Entries
1, 10, 27, 28, 33, 34, 35, 42, 47, 48

Original Pokemon
5, 6, 7, 23, 33, 35, 38, 39

Darkrai Killing a Girl
1, 43

Multiple Legendaries
4, 5, 23

Deoxys
8, 13, 18, 26, 36

Evolution
11, 12

Genesect
13, 31, 46, 48

Forces of Nature Trio

Malevolent Pokemon
15, 16, 17, 34

Mega Evolution
23, 24, 29, 33, 36, 37, 47

Kyogre and Groudon
24, 25, 34, 36, 37

Unown

Marowak's Death
32, 33, 43

Zygarde
37, 49, 50

Mewtwo
38, 41, 42

Starters

Ancient Pokemon
48, 49

Mysterious Pokemon
49, 50

Diancie

Gradual Evolution

The World and Technology
Breeding
2, 3, 5, 6, 12, 13, 23, 27, 31, 32, 39, 40, 41, 42

Multiverse
14, 15, 22, 23, 24, 25, 31, 36

Timeline
20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 28, 31, 40

Couriway Station

How is the Pokemon World Run
2, 19, 25, 26, 49

How do TMs Work
3, 4

Real Animals

Pokemon War
6, 43

Pokemon-Human Relation
6, 7, 34, 39

Stolen Submarine
7, 8

Tipping
8, 9

Mirage Island

Pokemon World Tournament
9, 10

Transportation
13, 32

Pokeball

Route 14 Story

Sea Mauville
16, 17, 27, 45

The Champion

Weather

Super Training
21, 22

Religion
26, 27

Strange
Occurrences
30, 36

Death
43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Pokemon as Food
3, 4, 35

Strange
Souvenir
12, 31, 50

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Who's to say that they didn't start out as inanimate objects and became Pokemon? Heck, that's what they said happened to some of the object Pokemon like Vanillite and Trubbish. Though if you want to disregard the Pokedex entries (which I can't blame you as it sounds like they were written by a kid... oh wait THEY WERE!), it could be that these Pokemon that are seemingly based off objects are just results of a Pokemon being shaped by its environment. Either due to survival instincts or unique behavior, the Pokemon fused or shaped itself into a certain object in order to further advance itself and the species.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Who's to say that they didn't start out as inanimate objects and became Pokemon? Heck, that's what they said happened to some of the object Pokemon like Vanillite and Trubbish. Though if you want to disregard the Pokedex entries (which I can't blame you as it sounds like they were written by a kid... oh wait THEY WERE!), it could be that these Pokemon that are seemingly based off objects are just results of a Pokemon being shaped by its environment. Either due to survival instincts or unique behavior, the Pokemon fused or shaped itself into a certain object in order to further advance itself and the species.
Inanimate objects become Pokemon, is probably from how inanimate objects can become Youkai.
In fact, many seemingly animal-like Pokemon also have Youkai origins, so Youkai is a thing in Pokemon.

-------------------------
Another thing that some fans don't get:
Why does Jynx get Dry Skin whilst Smoochum gets Hydration?
It's actually a cruel joke.
I explained it here: http://seafoamislander.deviantart.com/journal/Asian-culture-lesson-Why-Jynx-gets-Dry-Skin-548194037

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
re: Inanimate objects.

I'm pretty sure that in the Pokemon universe Pokemon aren't created from inanimate objects, inanimate objects are inspired by Pokemon. To use an example, let's think about Honedge. Honedge is quite obviously a sword, but it's not a possessed sword, it is the original sword. Humans used its design as a template to create actual swords. Then, Aegislash also showed them how to create shields to protect themselves in battle. While obviously other aspects of Honedge's design point towards it being a possessed sword, like its Ghost-Typing, and even the fact that it's overall based on a tsukumogami, but it's a bit of an anomaly, being a Ghost-Type and all. To think of another example, humans probably got the idea of bin bags from Trubbish. I don't know, it came to mind.

Inanimate objects become Pokemon, is probably from how inanimate objects can become Youkai.
In fact, many seemingly animal-like Pokemon also have Youkai origins, so Youkai is a thing in Pokemon.
(Google if you don't know what Youkai is)
Actually you're right, I have no idea what a Youkai is. I do know what a Yokai is, though!
Cresslia~~ said:
Another thing that Western fans don't get:
Why does Jynx get Dry Skin whilst Smoochum gets Hydration?
It's actually a cruel Asian joke.
I explained it here: http://seafoamislander.deviantart.com/journal/Asian-culture-lesson-Why-Jynx-gets-Dry-Skin-548194037
I don't get what you're trying to say here. That westerners don't care about their skin? If you stop and think about it for a minute it's a pretty simple reference, especially since the whole point of Jynx is to encompass different parts of human culture, as I explained in another post I made in another thread in OI. I don't understand why you're so patronising toward western audiences, and I especially don't understand why you're so patronising toward western audiences on a predominantly western site. Give it a rest, seriously.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

I'm pretty sure that in the Pokemon universe Pokemon aren't created from inanimate objects, inanimate objects are inspired by Pokemon. To use an example, let's think about Honedge. Honedge is quite obviously a sword, but it's not a possessed sword, it is the original sword. Humans used its design as a template to create actual swords. Then, Aegislash also showed them how to create shields to protect themselves in battle. While obviously other aspects of Honedge's design point towards it being a possessed sword, like its Ghost-Typing, and even the fact that it's overall based on a tsukumogami, but it's a bit of an anomaly, being a Ghost-Type and all. To think of another example, humans probably got the idea of bin bags from Trubbish. I don't know, it came to mind.

Actually you're right, I have no idea what a Youkai is. I do know what a Yokai is, though!

I don't get what you're trying to say here. That westerners don't care about their skin? If you stop and think about it for a minute it's a pretty simple reference, especially since the whole point of Jynx is to encompass different parts of human culture, as I explained in another post I made in another thread in OI. I don't understand why you're so patronising toward western audiences, and I especially don't understand why you're so patronising toward western audiences on a predominantly western site. Give it a rest, seriously.
Why do you find it patronising? How do I change it to be less patronising?
Or is it just you who are seeing things that are not there?
Westerners do care about their skin, but to a much lesser extent. I lived in England before and I know what I'm talking about.
Why not you have a break and stop saying I'm patronising people?

There's nothing such as Yokai. It's either Youkai or Yōkai.
Yokai is a wrong spelling.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
(Google if you don't know what Youkai is)
... I think EVERYONE on this site knows what a Yokai is. Not only that, I think everyone can pretty much name all the Pokemon that are based on Yokai. If you're a fan of Pokemon or anima or even games in general you probably know at least the word Yokai and some of the creatures that are considered Yokai.

Honedge is a possessed sword:

Honedge Pokedex said:
X & Omega Ruby: Apparently this Pokémon is born when a departed spirit inhabits a sword. It attaches itself to people and drinks their life force.
Whether some Pokemon are objects come to life or are they creatures who just adapted to their environment and it just so happened there bodies took the shape of a familiar object is another story. Honestly in Pokemon it can be either one or a mix of both.

Yokai and Youkai is both technically correct, but all wrong at the same time. It's actually Yōkai, yes that dash over the "o" is needed since its suppose to help you pronounce it correctly. I know there's a way to type it on a keyboard, but honestly its just easier to type a normal "o" since there's no other word like Yokai that anyone would get confused.

And yeah, I don't think that Jynx getting Dry Skin explanation is just a Japenese thing. When you get old your skin dries up, I don't know a single race where that's an exception.

Why do you find it patronising? How do I change it to be less patronising?
Or is it just you who are seeing things that are not there?
Westerners do care about their skin, but to a much lesser extent. I lived in England before and I know what I'm talking about.
Why not you have a break and stop saying I'm patronising people?

There's nothing such as Yokai. It's either Youkai or Yōkai.
Yokai is a wrong spelling.
By assuming we don't know what a Yokai is despite being on a website dedicated to Pokemon is a bit condescending. By saying we need to learn the Japanese language to understand some aspects of Japanese culture is condescending. Honestly it seems like you think that since we're not Japanese we can't fully appreciate Pokemon. That's VERY condescending. And in addition to that, it's all wrong too.

I ain't calling myself an expert in Japanese culture but I know a lot about it from, guess what, playing the Pokemon and other Japanese games and watching anime. I don't need to speak the language or know every nuance of the culture to get what I'd seeing or reading. Plus we're in a day and age where information is at the edge of our fingertips, if there's something I don't know I can instantly connect to someone or a library of information that does. Does knowing the language and culture by heart help? Yes, I'm sure it does, but I've never once asked myself what was going on in a Pokemon game due to cultural differences. Want to know why? Because GF know they're making a game for a global audience so while they may consciously or subconsciously put Japanese things in the game they make sure its something easily understandable or integrate it into the Pokemon world that it feels something a part of Pokemon and not necessarily Japanese. Heck, we've moved onto regions outside of Japan, we're even having Pokemon based on obscure mythology from other countries (did you know Goodra was based on a French Snail Dragon called Lou Carcolh?).

Look, we're getting off topic now. Just, stop assuming we don't know Japanese culture. Unless its something super SUPER SUPER obscure we probably know about it. And if its something related to Pokemon we'd definitely know about it (like we know the origins of Wobbuffet and Wynaut and the joke about their name, and that's pretty obscure). If you want to continue with discussion PM me, this board isn't the place for this.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
Cresselia~~, if you care, start a convo with me. I don't think that you do all that much looking at your VM you just posted on my wall. BTW, you're not very good at not derailing threads....
Honesge is a possessed sword:

Whether some Pokemon are objects come to life or are they creatures who just adapted to their environment and it just so happened there bodies took the shape of a familiar object is another story. Honestly in Pokemon it can be either one or a mix of both.
I don't remember where the canon for this is from (I hope it's not head canon, I'm sure it was an interview <~>) but I'm certain that Pokemon came first. After all, Arceus created all life, including all Pokemon, at the start of the universe. It'd be logical that humans based their tools off of Pokemon, since they were around when humans made the tools.

And that's the PokeDex, which, as we've established, is pretty much heresy and rumours. I think that it's likely that because swords were used in wars 2,000 years ago, the understood origins about Honedge are probably incorrect now. Just like the understood origins about Drowzee is that a boy got mutated in his sleep; this seems very unlikely (and how did the Drowzee breed if it was just one mutated boy?).

Cresselia~~

... I think EVERYONE on this site knows what a Yokai is. Not only that, I think everyone can pretty much name all the Pokemon that are based on Yokai. If you're a fan of Pokemon or anima or even games in general you probably know at least the word Yokai and some of the creatures that are considered Yokai.

Honedge is a possessed sword:

Yokai and Youkai is both technically correct, but all wrong at the same time. It's actually Yōkai, yes that dash over the "o" is needed since its suppose to help you pronounce it correctly. I know there's a way to type it on a keyboard, but honestly its just easier to type a normal "o" since there's no other word like Yokai that anyone would get confused.

And yeah, I don't think that Jynx getting Dry Skin explanation is just a Japenese thing. When you get old your skin dries up, I don't know a single race where that's an exception.

By assuming we don't know what a Yokai is despite being on a website dedicated to Pokemon is a bit condescending. By saying we need to learn the Japanese language to understand some aspects of Japanese culture is condescending. Honestly it seems like you think that since we're not Japanese we can't fully appreciate Pokemon. That's VERY condescending. And in addition to that, it's all wrong too.

I ain't calling myself an expert in Japanese culture but I know a lot about it from, guess what, playing the Pokemon and other Japanese games and watching anime. I don't need to speak the language or know every nuance of the culture to get what I'd seeing or reading. Plus we're in a day and age where information is at the edge of our fingertips, if there's something I don't know I can instantly connect to someone or a library of information that does. Does knowing the language and culture by heart help? Yes, I'm sure it does, but I've never once asked myself what was going on in a Pokemon game due to cultural differences. Want to know why? Because GF know they're making a game for a global audience so while they may consciously or subconsciously put Japanese things in the game they make sure its something easily understandable or integrate it into the Pokemon world that it feels something a part of Pokemon and not necessarily Japanese. Heck, we've moved onto regions outside of Japan, we're even having Pokemon based on obscure mythology from other countries (did you know Goodra was based on a French Snail Dragon called Lou Carcolh?).

Look, we're getting off topic now. Just, stop assuming we don't know Japanese culture. Unless its something super SUPER SUPER obscure we probably know about it. And if its something related to Pokemon we'd definitely know about it (like we know the origins of Wobbuffet and Wynaut and the joke about their name, and that's pretty obscure). If you want to continue with discussion PM me, this board isn't the place for this.
Great. Legit improvement. Posts edited. Thanks a lot.

I just... saw a lot of Youtubers ask why Jynx has dry skin, and commented that it made no sense. So I had the wrong impression that it might be a cultural thing.
So, in fact it's not.

Regarding towards possession and Honedge. Possession is very possible, because... Youkai can possess people or objects.
(I prefer using Youkai because it works when I'm typing Japanese, and I don't know how to do the special o.)

However, stuff like Vanillite or Swirlix doesn't seem too possessed.
It seems they are just animals that suggestively look like some inanimate objects.
If I remember correctly, there was a guide book which states Vanillite is actually an ice crystal thing, and that the ice cream part is just the frost breath it blows, hiding its really head.

Celever, I think you mean Kadabra.
"It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra."

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
Regarding towards possession and Honedge. Possession is very possible, because... Youkai can possess people or objects.
Oh, like I mentioned before Honedge is totally based off of a tsukumogami. However, we're talking about the Pokemon universe canon as opposed to the actual basis of its design, which has an unfortunate disconnect.

As for your examples of Vanillite and Swirlix, food Pokemon are kinda difficult; ice cream even appears in-game. I think that Vanillite could well have been used to shape ice cream, but they don't taste similar. Not sure who decided that Vanillite should be food items, but hey.

Swirlix doesn't even look a whole lot like fairy floss, so I'm not so sure with it, possibly just a slip up with the design. Slurpuff is a good example of this, though, because I can see someone creating meringue, and then seeing that it looks like Slurpuff, and seeing the shape of Slurpuff's upper region decided to try and imitate it with cream and a cherry. Humans learn from Pokemon in this world, and I love that.

Edit: Oh yeah, right. I knew it was Kadabra, I was doing other things when making that post <~>.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Cresselia~~, if you care, start a convo with me. I don't think that you do all that much looking at your VM you just posted on my wall. BTW, you're not very good at not derailing threads....

I don't remember where the canon for this is from (I hope it's not head canon, I'm sure it was an interview <~>) but I'm certain that Pokemon came first. After all, Arceus created all life, including all Pokemon, at the start of the universe. It'd be logical that humans based their tools off of Pokemon, since they were around when humans made the tools.

And that's the PokeDex, which, as we've established, is pretty much heresy and rumours. I think that it's likely that because swords were used in wars 2,000 years ago, the understood origins about Honedge are probably incorrect now. Just like the understood origins about Drowzee is that a boy got mutated in his sleep; this seems very unlikely (and how did the Drowzee breed if it was just one mutated boy?).
Hmm, you may be thinking of the Unown where people aren't sure whether them or the written language came first. You could also be thinking of Conkeldurr teaching people how to make concrete. Honedge and it family's whole deal is being swords possessed by spirits and then possessing whoever uses them.

A sword is one of the most basic weapons, its just a long blade. You could make one from carving wood, grinding stone, or sharpening metal. I would say it would be the next step from just a sharp point on a stick. "Hmm, what would be better than a sharp point on a stick? Oh, I know, what if the entire stick was pointy!". ;) Just as general trivia, in real life the sword was developed during the Bronze Age 1600 BC (more than 3000 years ago). In addition the dagger already existed which dates back to prehistoric times by early man.

Just because the boy turned to Kadabra doesn't mean there weren't Kadabra before.

I just... saw a lot of Youtubers ask why Jynx has dry skin, and commented that it made no sense. So I had the wrong impression that it might be a cultural thing.
So, in fact it's not.

(I prefer using Youkai because it works when I'm typing Japanese, and I don't know how to do the special o.)

However, stuff like Vanillite or Swirlix doesn't seem too possessed.
It seems they are just animals that suggestively look like some inanimate objects.
If I remember correctly, there was a guide book which states Vanillite is actually an ice crystal thing, and that the ice cream part is just the frost breath it blows, hiding its really head.

Celever, I think you mean Kadabra.
"It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra."
Ooh, first mistake, Youtube commenters aren't people you want to base things on.

And the Jynx thing is interesting trivia it if it is a rather cruel joke. It's not exactly a Japanese exclusive thing about aging woman, but I can understand it being a Japanese joke.

Well Yokai Watch is being brought over to the US as Yo-Kai Watch:

Vanillite's origins:

White, Y, Alpha Sapphire: This Pokemon formed from icicles bathed in energy from the morning sun. It sleeps buried in snow.
Swirlix just seems to exist, here's all the Pokedex has to say on it being like fairy floss:

Y & Alpha Sapphire: Because it eats nothing but sweets, its fur is as sticky sweet as cotton candy.
As for your examples of Vanillite and Swirlix, food Pokemon are kinda difficult; ice cream even appears in-game. I think that Vanillite could well have been used to shape ice cream, but they don't taste similar. Not sure who decided that Vanillite should be food items, but hey.

Swirlix doesn't even look a whole lot like fairy floss, so I'm not so sure with it, possibly just a slip up with the design. Slurpuff is a good example of this, though, because I can see someone creating meringue, and then seeing that it looks like Slurpuff, and seeing the shape of Slurpuff's upper region decided to try and imitate it with cream and a cherry. Humans learn from Pokemon in this world, and I love that.

Edit: Oh yeah, right. I knew it was Kadabra, I was doing other things when making that post <~>.
Could be very well that ice cream might have been based off the appearance of Vanillite, like the Casteliacone. Also this is what a Vanillite look like without the snow on its head:

How does Swirlix not look like fairy floss/cotton candy?

Another note on the police/lack thereof - how exactly does Giovanni get entrusted with the highest gym badge despite being the leader of a criminal empire? How exactly do they inspect prospective gym leaders?

Another note on the police/lack thereof - how exactly does Giovanni get entrusted with the highest gym badge despite being the leader of a criminal empire? How exactly do they inspect prospective gym leaders?
Dude, do you know a place called Latinoamerica? The political figures are often helped by organized crime, why would a game based on an Asian setting that is known to have one of the strongest and most widespread criminal organization inspire such scenario?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure some real life high-profile government officials have done really illegal things before.

I know that this isn't very helpful since I have like 0 examples, but I'm pretty sure it's happened at least once.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Also I'm pretty sure the Pokemon League didn't know Giovanni was the leader of Team Rocket. Giovanni's title is "The Self-Proclaimed Strongest Trainer" and he's a wealthy businessman (he probably covered his criminal activities with legit business deals, I also doubt he'd put his criminal activities in his financial book), through his strength as a trainer and probably paying his way in he became a Gym Leader.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)