SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hmm, you are right. It is probably Mewtwo using whoever is important to you as a mental conduit through which to control u psychically, once you become Pokemon Champion and eventually the best Pokemon Trainer it will take over your mind and destroy the world

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Nope. Kadabra wasn't around in the TCG since like pre-RS. IN FACT, in Diamond and Pearl era (when Alakazam last showed up), the Abra card released had an attack called "Ultra Evolution" that allowed Abra to evolve all the way to Alakazam in order to avoid releasing a Kadabra card:

Man, I feel so sorry about Kadabra fans.
At least Porygon and Jynx still have cards.

Why can't you ride a bike indoors?

I'm relatively sure the game's respective professors are powerful psychics who are subtly influencing your actions to further some larger goal (what, I'm not sure).

Why else would there be so many arbitrary can't's in the Pokemon world?
smashing tiny pebbles, cutting small shrubs, razing entire forests, attacking trainers...for some reason we're just not allowed!

This taking away of certain options only in certain scenarios, as well as the fail messages usual appeals to our moral compasses, convinces me of this fact.
Can YOU ride your bike indoors? Not, like, physically able to but like really do it without your mom/dad/brother/Big Brother(TM)/dorm advisor/significant other/roommate/cat/creepy-guy-who-lives-in-the-basement/Old lady Gibson/Old lady Gibson's cat/your own guilty conscious/your really judgemental goldfish/the bacteria that live in your guts getting mad at you?

Another thing to understand about game developement (actually, two things):
1. It's a zero sum game. Unless you are an indie developer with no deadlines, infinite time, oodles of cash, and no living expenses (HA HA HA HA never gonna happen), any time spent on one aspect of the game is time not spent on other aspects of a game. It's like saying you have 100 "development points" and that's all you get, spend them where you want, suddenly programming certain minor quirks doesn't seem like a priority.

2. Unlike the real world, which the world was built for us for free and we added rules to it, a video game is the opposite: you add rules to create the world. So when you want to leap over the insurmountable waist-high fence, some developer has to code an entire area over that fence just so you can see what's on the other side. Instead of adding a new pokemon (see rule 1).

But if you really want to see the social experiment on when a player is allowed to go off the rails of the expected genre (i.e. attack people and raze forests as you so called it) then go play something like Undertale. AND THAT'S ALL WE'LL SAY ABOUT THAT.

Can YOU ride your bike indoors? Not, like, physically able to but like really do it without your mom/dad/brother/Big Brother(TM)/dorm advisor/significant other/roommate/cat/creepy-guy-who-lives-in-the-basement/Old lady Gibson/Old lady Gibson's cat/your own guilty conscious/your really judgemental goldfish/the bacteria that live in your guts getting mad at you?

Another thing to understand about game developement (actually, two things):
1. It's a zero sum game. Unless you are an indie developer with no deadlines, infinite time, oodles of cash, and no living expenses (HA HA HA HA never gonna happen), any time spent on one aspect of the game is time not spent on other aspects of a game. It's like saying you have 100 "development points" and that's all you get, spend them where you want, suddenly programming certain minor quirks doesn't seem like a priority.

2. Unlike the real world, which the world was built for us for free and we added rules to it, a video game is the opposite: you add rules to create the world. So when you want to leap over the insurmountable waist-high fence, some developer has to code an entire area over that fence just so you can see what's on the other side. Instead of adding a new pokemon (see rule 1).

But if you really want to see the social experiment on when a player is allowed to go off the rails of the expected genre (i.e. attack people and raze forests as you so called it) then go play something like Undertale. AND THAT'S ALL WE'LL SAY ABOUT THAT.
I never understood why they only allowed you to run indoors before gen 4?

Also, I swear I saw earthquake I in one of the more recent animes...

Yes, but so is killing other animals to eat...
Yeah, but that isn't why they killed the elephant. They killed her because she accidentally killed a jerk who put a lit cigarette on her trunk (I'd probably have flung him into the nearest wall too if someone did that to me! That must've really hurt!).

Stupid ASPCA should have recognized that she was clearly provoked, and stopped them from murdering her!

Who else wants to grab the nearest Celebi/time machine, and go back in time and rescue a poor little elephant who is clearly scared out of her mind (and shoot anyone who tries to get in the way, and probably screw the time continuum in the process. OK, maybe it is a good thing time travel is not a real thing (or covered up by the military)?)?

Last edited:
Is it possible that Lysandre was related to the King of Kalos?
He's a direct descendant of AZ's younger brother, he mentions this himself*. ;) It's never mentioned or stated, but by using simple logic, he could be the son of Parfum Palace's owner. The Furfrou guy. After all, it's the palace of Kalos. Might be Lysandre's, considering the Pyroar shrub and Lysandre's Pyroar.

*He also says that since the story is 3000 years old, he can't be sure, but there's a definite resemblance between him and AZ in their respective Sugimori artworks.

Last question: anybody else pronounce it with the King's English so it sounds like Lysander (from Midsummer Night's Dream) instead of "dray" like in Andre?
I've always said it Lysandre, because that's how I read it. Lie-san-der. What's king's English?

How does everyone pronounce AZ's name? I actually pronounce it as "aaz" though I heard it's suppose to be pronounced as the individual letters "A-Z".
Since the letters are both capitalized, I've always said the individual letters together. "Ay-zee".

I've always said it Lysandre, because that's how I read it. Lie-san-der. What's king's English?
King's English is another name for english spellings in England and Canada. In this case, I'm talking about using "re" instead of "er," like how center, fiber, liter, and theater are spelled centre, fibre, litre, and theatre despite being pronounced the same way.

So I'm saying that Lysander and Lysandre should sound the same when spoken.

If the Lavender Town and Unit 731 Creepypastas are not true, why aren't they clearly labelled as "Not true" since the others do have this clear label on them...Conspiracy...

Sorry about being such a Moulder...Sorry about the mess...

If the Lavender Town and Unit 731 Creepypastas are not true, why aren't they clearly labelled as "Not true" since the others do have this clear label on them...Conspiracy...

Sorry about being such a Moulder...Sorry about the mess...
I don't exactly know what you are talking about, but this tread is for the discussion of official pokemon media, not fan projects like creepypasta.

The title of this thread is 'mysteries and conspiracies of pokemon' which is what it was
Okay,

1. Read the rules on the first post, it clearly states the intention of this thread is for current pokemon media, being the games, anime, manga, or any other officially licensed merchandise

2. As a thread on the Orange Islands board, it is subject to the rules of the the Orange Islands board as well, which clearly state the intention of this board is for current/upcoming pokemon media, being the games, anime, manga, or any other officially licensed merchandise.

Now, if you want to use a fanfic to explain a theory of an existing pokemon media (like using a Nuzlocke comic to explain how Gary lost his Raticate in the Kanto games) then you may do so, because you are using a theory to explain an in-game mystery (so the focus is on the game, not the fanfic). Just as long as your non-canon explanation does not go against official canon, an exception being made for the pokedex entries because they already make no sense.

But asking "Why aren't these Creepypastas marked not true" is not a pokemon mystery, or even a mystery at all. The answer is just "because the website hasn't done it." Of course they aren't true, nobody has ever died due to a haunted video game.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM a mod like Codraroll or DH-101 and have them explain it to you. Or if you really want to discuss non-official pokemon media, then maybe ask them if you can create your own thread and where an appropriate place to put it would be.

Okay,

1. Read the rules on the first post, it clearly states the intention of this thread is for current pokemon media, being the games, anime, manga, or any other officially licensed merchandise

2. As a thread on the Orange Islands board, it is subject to the rules of the the Orange Islands board as well, which clearly state the intention of this board is for current/upcoming pokemon media, being the games, anime, manga, or any other officially licensed merchandise.

Now, if you want to use a fanfic to explain a theory of an existing pokemon media (like using a Nuzlocke comic to explain how Gary lost his Raticate in the Kanto games) then you may do so, because you are using a theory to explain an in-game mystery (so the focus is on the game, not the fanfic). Just as long as your non-canon explanation does not go against official canon, an exception being made for the pokedex entries because they already make no sense.

But asking "Why aren't these Creepypastas marked not true" is not a pokemon mystery, or even a mystery at all. The answer is just "because the website hasn't done it." Of course they aren't true, nobody has ever died due to a haunted video game.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM a mod like Codraroll or DH-101 and have them explain it to you. Or if you really want to discuss non-official pokemon media, then maybe ask them if you can create your own thread and where an appropriate place to put it would be.
We have discussed the Lavender town theory already and it didn't get deleted.

That wasn't my point.

That wasn't my point.
If I recall it was shoot down so fast as a ridiculous piece of crap it was forgettable.

That piece of garbage and the likes don't hold themselves, fake Universities with fake researchers and even calling game files .gif for crying out loud the suspension of disbelief can handle a multiverse theory and drawing energy from the cable link device in this generation but trying to pass creepy pastas as legit talk here is like trying to make a bunch of elephants trough a ravine by only using the cheapest dental floss you could afford.

Of course they aren't true, nobody has ever died due to a haunted video game.
That's not true! My father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's second roommate died due to a haunted copy of The Ring: Terror's Realm!

That wasn't my point.
Your conspiracy revolved solely around a creepypasta and how the site it was on hadn't labeled it as not true. It isn't anything official, therefore not part of this thread.

If I recall it was shoot down so fast as a ridiculous piece of crap it was forgettable.

That piece of garbage and the likes don't hold themselves, fake Universities with fake researchers and even calling game files .gif for crying out loud the suspension of disbelief can handle a multiverse theory and drawing energy from the cable link device in this generation but trying to pass creepy pastas as legit talk here is like trying to make a bunch of elephants trough a ravine by only using the cheapest dental floss you could afford.
Tell me, how do we know the buryman file was .gif file?

Well this escalated to crappypasta discussion quickly... how about something new:

We know the girl in BW2 was killed by Darkrai, but why? Darkrai doesn't seem to be overly malicious in the games, and in fact is usually portrayed as just misunderstood or willingly exiling itself to prevent it from harming people (in Sinnoh). The only time within the games we see Darkrai be outright malicious is in the Mystery Dungeon games.

While it is generally accepted there are multiples of legendary Pokemon (except for Tao trio being from the Original Dragon), would there really be a malicious and outright murderous Darkrai? It flies in the face of what Pokemon as a whole are portrayed as: animals with the willingness to at least not directly and purposefully harm humans.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well this escalated to crappypasta discussion quickly... how about something new:

We know the girl in BW2 was killed by Darkrai, but why? Darkrai doesn't seem to be overly malicious in the games, and in fact is usually portrayed as just misunderstood or willingly exiling itself to prevent it from harming people (in Sinnoh). The only time within the games we see Darkrai be outright malicious is in the Mystery Dungeon games.

While it is generally accepted there are multiples of legendary Pokemon (except for Tao trio being from the Original Dragon), would there really be a malicious and outright murderous Darkrai? It flies in the face of what Pokemon as a whole are portrayed as: animals with the willingness to at least not directly and purposefully harm humans.
While we don't know what happened, from what the girl said I sort of put a story together in my head that it was a tragic incident by a lonely Darkrai.

There once lived a family near the Marvelous Bridge. They had a little girl who used to play around on the bridge with her Abra. Oddly, Abra would often get nightmares whenever it dozed off when it was around the bridge. Confused why, the little girl decided to search the area and made a startling discovery: a Darkrai had made its home near the bridge. Both startled and hesitant at first, the two slowly began forming a friendship.
The Darkrai had been lonely for a long time, most people who discovered it would get a group together to chase it off, deeming it as an evil creature or bad omen. It eventually arrived and settled at the Marvelous Bridge, thinking it could live there peacefully as no one would seems to sleep in the area around the bridge thus remain undetected. It never really had a friend before, people chased it away and other Pokemon simply ran from it. It actually felt happinness and joy as it, the girl, and her Abra played together. But it was not to last.
The girl's parent's somehow discovered the Darkrai and, fearing or their daughter's safety, fled up to Reversal Mountain. Darkrai was devastated to learn this. For once it had a friend and was happy. It couldn't let the girl's family separate them. It wouldn't.
Darkrai followed them to Reversal Mountain, eventually finding they built a house away from the local town, trying to hide from Darkrai. Darkrai knew if the girl's parents discovered it followed them they would get people to chase it away or move again. All Darkrai wanted was the girl, so it decided to take her the only way it could so that no else could follow. One night, Darkrai snuck into the house and delved into the girl's dream, putting her in an unending sleep. Darkrai's natural ability began turning the dream into the nightmare, but Darkrai didn't care, as long as it was with its friend. However the girl didn't understand what was going on, the entire time she cried for her parents and Abra. Darkrai tried to console her by taking the form of her father asking her to stay with it, but the girl wouldn't stop crying. Meanwhile, the girl's body began to weaken as her parents did everything they could to wake her up. Figuring this was a work of Darkrai, the father went out to find a Lunar Wing to wake their daughter up and to chase away Darkrai.
Darkrai was getting frustrated, the girl wouldn't stop crying and the parents were now seeking to chase it away for good. All it wanted was a friend. By the time the father got back with the Lunar Wing the girl was barely holding onto life. Darkrai, upset and angry, decided if he couldn't have the girl as a friend then no one will have her! Darkrai used his powers to move the furniture around making it a maze to delay the parents as much as it could. It then sapped the remaining of the girl's health, causing her to pass in her sleep. Now full of hatred and fury, Darkrai materialized out from the girl's mind in front of her parents to exact its revenge.
No one quite knew what happened after that night. There was no trace of any struggle, no bodies to be found, nothing but an empty house was left. However such malice does not go away. It permeated and seeped into the house, causing strange phenomena such as having the furniture move and form mazes like it did to the girl's parents. In addition the spirit of the girl, or at least a part of it, never left the house and haunts it looking as she searches for her parents and Abra. Locals quickly discovered the haunting and called the home "The Strange House".

Simply put, accident. More than likely the girl got close to Darkrai without knowing it and was brought into an endless nightmare. I mean Eldritch's son also suffered from Darkrai's powers as well, presumably after sailing near Newmoon Island. The only question is when and how did the girl get close enough to Darkrai?

Pikachu315111, the only problem with that story is that Darkrai avoids people to prevent them from getting nightmares and dying. Why would Darkrai hide in a place that is not only close to a major population center but also near a clearly man-made structure?

Reactions: JES

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Pikachu315111, the only problem with that story is that Darkrai avoids people to prevent them from getting nightmares and dying. Why would Darkrai hide in a place that is not only close to a major population center but also near a clearly man-made structure?
I addressed that. It's a bridge and so people usually just cross it and that's it. No one sleeps on or near the bridge, thus Darkrai was able to hide their. Its why in my story the girl only discovered it because Abra sleeps all the time. Also, as I said Darkrai was lonely, it may knew it had to hide from people from fear of it hurting people (and being hunted) but still it may have wanted interaction of some kind even if that's just watching people cross a bridge.

Also its not an accident. Darkrai appeared in the girls dream in the guise of her father asking her to stay, that's canon. This was intentional on Darkrai's part.

I addressed that. It's a bridge and so people usually just cross it and that's it. No one sleeps on or near the bridge, thus Darkrai was able to hide their. Its why in my story the girl only discovered it because Abra sleeps all the time. Also, as I said Darkrai was lonely, it may knew it had to hide from people from fear of it hurting people (and being hunted) but still it may have wanted interaction of some kind even if that's just watching people cross a bridge.

Also its not an accident. Darkrai appeared in the girls dream in the guise of her father asking her to stay, that's canon. This was intentional on Darkrai's part.
Still sounds headcanon as hell, let's just leave it as stuff happened we got a cool location with a nice gimmick.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Still sounds headcanon as hell, let's just leave it as stuff happened we got a cool location with a nice gimmick.
It is headcannon, I said so at the beginning. Here are the facts that we only know about the incident:

1. Darkrai put a girl into an endless sleep she passed away from.
2. Said girl is the same one from Marvelous Bridge, who used to play their with her Abra. As a ghost she waited there to give Cresselia back its Lunar Wing.
3. Darkrai appeared in the girl's dream, in the appearance of her father, asking her to stay and forget about the Lunar Wing.
4. At some point the Lunar Wing got into the house and obtained by the ghost girl.

That's all we know. We don't even know why the furniture moves around, it doesn't seem like the work of the ghost girl (at least to me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)