Nationwide Gamestop Pokemon Tournament Discussion Thread

****... The second big(ish) tournament that I can participate in (1st being JAA)... and I'll be at camp...

there seems to be no one from Pennsylvania going. o.o

i hope i can get an uber team ready since i didnt bother to get good ubers. >.>

I called the 2 most localally listed GameStops (Pasadena and Glendale) and they both seemed uncertain about holding the tournament because they said they weren't getting enough requests. I suggest you call up the GameStop you plan on going to and ask them if theyre still holding the tournament/request that they still hold the tournament.

same here; no experience in the uber-zone. anyone have any tips?

here is some:

kyoger-thunder/icebeam/surf/protect

groudon-earthquake/overheat or flamethrower/swords dance/protect

rayquaza-icebeam/thunder bolt/?/?

clefable-follow me/protect/?/?

this is what i use.

also i give protect against all exploders.

Wow, if I don't oversleep that day, I'll probably go.

Assuming its ubers and 1 vs 1, I can assume a load of specs/scarf water spout kyogres and stuff like that.

Anyone else here live in NYC?

As I recall there have only been 2 uber warstories as of now. (mine and jibaku's) If you guys need help for movesets, etc go read the analysis'. As mekkah said, use blissey. (most likely CM or psych up)

igottjam, don't listen to Haku16, he has no idea what he's talking about.

I guess if I have some free time on my hands, I could help some people assemble their uber teams via PM or AIM. (I will not make them for you, so have atleast some idea before you ask me)

As I recall there have only been 2 uber warstories as of now. (mine and jibaku's) If you guys need help for movesets, etc go read the analysis'. As mekkah said, use blissey. (most likely CM or psych up)

igottjam, don't listen to anything Haku16 is telling you, he has no idea what he's talking about.

I guess if I have some free time on my hands, I could help some people assemble their uber teams. (I will not make them for you, so have atleast some idea before you ask me)
Thanks; that'd be helpful but my GameStop just decided they'd ban all legendaries and they don't know whether or not they're gonna go single or double, and they don't know how many pokemon on a team... they told me to go there on the 21st to find out. LOL.

Hey guys, I work at one of the Gamestops that's having the tournament, I don't know if this has been posted before, but I'm gonna post it anyways.

The <b>Nintendo</b> rules for the tournament is doubles battle in PBR, Pokemon 1-490. The thing is, Gamestop is allowed to make their own rules. My Gamestop, since we have alot of employees that play, is having regular 6v6 with Item Clause, Uber ban, Evasion ban, OHKO ban, etc. Standard stuff. A Gamestop down the street from me is using the Nintendo rules.

I just suggest that you call Gamestop ahead of time, check out the rules, and make sure you register. Either way, this tourney should be easy PBR. :P

There is no entry fee that I know of, but my Gamestop and the one down the street from mine are making people register. There is a "Competitor List" that came with the Nintendo packet.

Hey guys, I work at one of the Gamestops that's having the tournament, I don't know if this has been posted before, but I'm gonna post it anyways.

The <b>Nintendo</b> rules for the tournament is doubles battle in PBR, Pokemon 1-490. The thing is, Gamestop is allowed to make their own rules. My Gamestop, since we have alot of employees that play, is having regular 6v6 with Item Clause, Uber ban, Evasion ban, OHKO ban, etc. Standard stuff. A Gamestop down the street from me is using the Nintendo rules.

I just suggest that you call Gamestop ahead of time, check out the rules, and make sure you register. Either way, this tourney should be easy PBR. :P
Ah, thank you very much for this info. I'll edit into the first post right now.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
might wanna add these...

Oxnard, CA

- Single Battles
- No legendaries (Garchomp abuse, anyone?)
- 4v4 (I'm pretty sure. Ask SePh)

Bethesda, MD
- Single Battles
- All pogey up to 490 allowed (sweet!!)
- 4v4.

Now a few questions:
Its Lv.50, right??
How is the tourney gonna get set up? Do you sign up and then they randomly pair you up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)