1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Need some help on this RU team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by zeroexev29, Jan 4, 2012.

1. zeroexev29

zeroexev29

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
    Unburden
    252 Atk / 252 spe / 4 SpD
    Adamant
    Fake Out
    Stone Edge
    Blaze Kick
    Hi Jump Kick

This is my anti-lead. It uses Fake Out (boosted by Normal Gem) to get the double Speed with an unburden boost, and usually stays in to die after hitting as much as possible. I do sometimes switch out if I see that He wont be effective in countering the lead. Has had most problems against leads like Uxie and others that are physically bulky, as his attacks wont do much to them and/or HJK is resisted.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
    Sand Veil
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Stealth Rock
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic
    Earthquake

Sandslash serves many roles. He can spin away hazards, set up his own, and take physical attacks very well. He can also get toxic on a wall or bulky set-up sweeper. Earthquake is there as reliable STAB damage and to not leave him as taunt bait. It has also helpped whittle down the opponent late-game. His special defense leaves much to be desired, but the HP investment means he can take one or two neutral hits and try to do his other jobs while he can. Sand Veil is preferred over sand rush because though sandstorms are highly rare in RU, the evasion boost would prove to be more beneficial in the long run.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 HP / 24 Def / 228 SpD / 4 Spe
    Rest
    Will-o-Wisp
    Haze
    Shadow Ball

Walls both physical and special attacks evenly while spinblocking. WoW cripples physical attackers, Haze is for stopping set-ups, Rest is for recovery, and Shadow Ball is for reliable damage. The 4 EVs in Speed are specifically for other cofagrigi, as I can outspeed others and take them out first with my own arsenal. I'd thinking of replacing Shadow Ball with Hex as it fits well with WoW. I was also thinking to give it a chesto berry over leftovers. If there is anyone on this team I'd have to replace it would be him. He hasn't done much and seems to be the only anchor I have holding me down. I'd prefer a ghost type as spinblocking is preferred. Anything that can take Special attacks well enough would be acceptable as well.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
    Speed Boost
    124 Spe / 252 Spec Atk / 132 Atk
    Rash
    Waterfall
    HP Grass
    Dark Pulse
    Protect

A Mixed Sharpedo leaning toward a special attacker. Protect ensures a Speed Boost. Waterfall is reliable physical STAB with a decent Flinch chance to boot. HP grass demolishes any water-type switch ins, primarily Quagsire and other sharpedo. Dark Pulse is Special STAB that also has a flinch chance. Replacing Waterfall with Hydro Pump means I must give up Dark Pulse, which would probably be replaced with Crunch, but Surf allows both, though this would make the physical investment useless. Priority is this Sharpedo's only enemy, but Sandslash can take any predicted priority like a boss.

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
    Levitate
    252 Spec Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Timid
    Trick
    Leaf Storm
    Volt Switch
    HP Fire

A Trick Scarfer that offers special attacking option as well. Trick will ruin anything that isn't ready for it. Leaf Storm is incredible special STAB, but the Spec Atk drop is a downside and will pretty much force a switch. Volt Switch is Electric STAB and can give some momentum when needed. HP Fire is for coverage purposes, and wrecks grass switch-ins to take a predicted leaf storm or volt switch.

Moltres @ Life Orb
    Pressure
    252 Spec Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    Timid
    Fire Blast
    Air Slash
    HP Grass
    Roost

A Special attacking moltres that Hits hard on most everything. Fire Blast and Air Slash are powerful STABs that are even more threatening with Life Orb. HP Grass is for coverage and to counter Water types. Roost heals life-orb recoil and also rids it of its flying type, which is a double edged sword with some situations.

That's my team. Some problems I've had revolve around Substitutes. Sub Roost Honchkrow and SubSeed Sceptile are a major problem if brought in at the worst time (for me). Rapid Spin is essential as this team involves a lot of switching to fit the situation, and is most beneficial to rotom and moltres. I'd be most willing to replace Cofagrigus, but I can also replace Moltres. I have an Archeops that fits the same role as Moltres, but on a more Physical side.

Here's that set:

Archeops @ Fighting Gem
    Defeatist
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Spec Atk
    HP Fighting
    U-Turn
    Head Smash
    Acrobatics

It adds U-turn to my arsenal, helping with momentum. HP Fighting offers Coverage and a small mix'd variety that actually can take many things down with A Fighting Gem and the base 110 Spec Atk. Head Smash is Uber Powerful especially from Archeops. Acrobatics is STAB that also gets the boost after Fighting Gem is gone.

So, with that said, any advice?
  2. Double01

Double01 Hate it or love it the under dog's on top

your going specially for sharpedo you really should be using hydropump else there's no really point of using it over physical. Ice beam I recommend over hp grass because the only bulky water type is slowbro which you can deal with crunch. Which you should use over dark pulse since you are using hydro pump over waterfall. Ice beam let's you hit tangrowth and swellow/braviary for super effective damage.
    Omastar seems like it can cause havoc to the team especially if you tricked ur scarf away. After one boost it can ohko every poke with either hydro pump or ice beam and then it can 2hko your cofagrigus. You could try hitmonchan with Mach punch that can also rapid spin. Also then you could replace sandslash with uxie since then you have rapid spin through hitmonchan
  3. The Goddamn Batman

The Goddamn Batman

Hey there, first of all i just want to recommend that you NOT switch Archeops over Moltres. While Moltres can hope to sweep, at best, Archeops can OHKO one poke with Head Smash, which will most likely drop his health into Defeatist range, making him dead weight for the rest of the match. Moltres can also 2HKO almost every single poke in the tier, making him a much more attractive option. Most teams that are played right now are Moltres weak, while a smart player can just play around Archeops until it KOs itself.

Next, I think that your roles for Moltres and Hitmonlee are reversed. If Hitmonlee is in the lead position, teams can just send something in to take the Fake Out, and then switch in their Ghost to cause Hitmonlee to crash. From personal experience, I would try and save Hitmonlee for late game, when bulky Ghosts/Psychics have been taken out. And with Moltres, I would shift it to the lead spot. Like I said before, there are no real safe switch-ins to Moltres, which will net you at least one early kill. Plus, with Moltres in the lead position, Stealth Rock is not as much of a problem for him.

Finally, you need a Honckrow counter. Teams without a solid stop to Honchkrow do not win games. You have your pick of Klinklang, Stunfisk, Steelix, Regirock, etc., check out other RMTs to see how people use these pokes in their team. Hope I helped, GL with the team! (BTW, if i think of anything else, or if you need me to be more specific, I'll check back here later.)
  4. ebeast

ebeast she's probably sexting nprtprt
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Archeops is bad, but if you insist in using it use Flying Gem instead because the way it works with Acrobatics is that it'll get used up doubling Acro's power to 110 and then Acrob's effect of doubling without an item will take place. This gives you a 1 time 220 STAB move.

Please don't use Hitmonlee as an "anti-lead", save it for late-game and don't bother with it early-game. If you have problem with Honchkrow try out a SubWisp Rotom over your Cofag, it'll handle Honchkrow and SubBU Gallade. Only problem is lack of recovery, but you can change that by replacing Sub for Pain Split. Due to Species Clause you can't have both Rotom and Rotom-C, so replace it for a Scarf Mantectric, it is faster, still gets Switcheroo, is just as strong, gets Lightning Rod.
    Rotom (open)
    Rotom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Substitute / Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

Manectric (open)
    Manectric (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Lightningrod
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Overheat
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Switcheroo

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)