new 2009 albums

Why? - Eskimo Snow leaked

so far i have listened to it once and it seems pretty boring; This Blackest Purse has been the only standout track and that leaked previously
yeah i agree, i'm not very impressed with it

however it took me quite awhile to realize that alopecia was an amazing album so maybe it will take a few spins for me

edit: to add truth to the previous statement i spin my computer around while it plays music

I've seen some Kidcrash fans in this forum. They've put up a new song entitled "Wound Eraser" on their myspace, and it's pretty good. Their new album should be coming out soon.

here are the 2009 (if my itunes tags are correct) albums i have listened to and enjoyed so far this year:

(jay dilla - j stay paid)

that about does it, i think

i liked japandroids' album!!

also new wavves album, entitled uh, wavvves, is ok but the singer is an asshole

also just posting to say im looking forward to new no age ep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
getting pretty excited for the new Brand New album (Daisy). >:)

At The Bottom is pretty good, but I'm expecting even better on the album.

I actually liked Eskimo Snow. It's definitely different from Alopecia, but it's still pretty great.

Third Eye Blind's new album Ursa Major leaked today. I got a couple leaks for it several months back and thought it would really spoil the album for me.
Luckily it didn't. Phenomenal album.
anyways everything I've got from this year so far is as follows:

311 - Uplifter
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
The Mars Volta - Octahedron
Metric - Fantasies
Taking Back Sunday - New Again
Cage the Elephant - Cage the Elephant
Placebo - Battle For The Sun
WHY? - Eskimo Snow
Silversun Pickups - Swoon
and I'm half way through Third Eye Blind - Ursa Major.

Favorites were 311, Metric, The Mars Volta, Green Day, and Taking Back Sunday.

getting pretty excited for the new Brand New album (Daisy). >:)

At The Bottom is pretty good, but I'm expecting even better on the album.
Yeah same here! They've gone Modest Mouse style.

I also like the new The xx album, xx, its their debut and its amazing indie pop.

Well just finished listening to Eskimo Snow, It may not be as great as the previous Why? albums, but its pretty damn good. Into The Shadows Of My Embrace is a great song, as well as This Blackest Purse.

los campesinos! put up a new song on their blog, hopefully from their new album due out later this year:

blog link here

the song is completely and utterly beautiful, i cannot wait for the new album :'(

ok I got another 2009 album, Crooked X's first one. The band is just a bunch of high school kids, but they rock pretty hard. I really hope that they cut more albums, because I will totally buy them.

War is the Answer by Five Finger Death Punch is due out on 22 Sept. Judging from their single Hard to See the album is gonna rock hard.

Mind Control by Tantric and Sci Fi Crimes by Chevelle came out recently. They both rock pretty hard and have some mellower sounds too. I give them both a thumbs up.

Times New Viking - Born Again Revisited
sounds like: noise pop, lo-fi, yr last cigarette

The Mayfair Set - Young One
sounds like: lo-fi psychedelic, dum dum girls, blank dogs, dropping acid at the beach

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
sounds like: organic layered sonic bliss, the forest from when you were a kid

Girls - Album
sounds like: garage meets beach

Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
sounds like: pop, folk, "experimental", lying on your back in the grass

Deastro - Moondagger
sounds like: electronic dream pop, space travel

new stuff i've picked up and liked

kinda have been a pitchfork and kexp podcast junkie lately so if my latest listens are like it, i apologize.

regarding eskimo snow, yeah, it's alright, cutting it some slack though as it's not like a pure "new" record. but against me is such a brilliant song and its been my most played song off that album, just love it.

THEN, that xx album is very very nice, love intro, crystallize, and pretty much a plethora of other songs off of it.

let's see then there's that Delorean ep, some brilliant pop songs on there, highly recommend that one expecially deli and moonsoon.

ALSO bibio is top notch all tracks are strong. don't know really what to recommend as they are all different and cool, I guess lovers carvings....svive.....fire ant...man I don't know they are all pretty cool

also oddly enough interested in jayz new album which is funny as i have NEVER listened to his or any other rappers in that genres stuff, so its curious
so yeah, thank you 2009 for cool music

ok after careful consideration HEALTH's album get color is actually really fucking good

i dont know why it took me so long but i'm playing it like infinity times a day

eat flesh makes me feel like i'm travelling through a wormhole

New Converge needs to leak pretty fucking soon. I'm tired of waiting. I haven't been this excited about a new album coming out in a long time.

After the very very disappointing Chris Cornell album this year Scream, I am looking very forward to Pearl Jam's Backspacer and for sure Alice in Chain's Black Gives Way to Blue.

I realize rap isn't the favored music genre here. But Jay-Z's blueprint 3 is really good. He's one of the few rappers that seems to grow with his music. I didn't really expect too much because I've never actually listened to a full jay album. But there are some good songs "Young Forever" and "Empire State Of Mind" which he preformed at the vmas the other day with Alicia Keys. They did a great job. There's some great features. Mostly on the chorus'.

I realize rap isn't the favored music genre here. But Jay-Z's blueprint 3 is really good. He's one of the few rappers that seems to grow with his music. I didn't really expect too much because I've never actually listened to a full jay album. But there are some good songs "Young Forever" and "Empire State Of Mind" which he preformed at the vmas the other day with Alicia Keys. They did a great job. There's some great features. Mostly on the chorus'.

I use to listen to a lot of Rap back in the my early years. Jay-Z is one of the rappers today that I still enjoy hearing from. Personal right I now I feel he is the best rapper.

Well I just downloaded the new Muse CD, So I am currently on the second play through of this album, and after the first I thought it was decent, but I'm warming up to it now, imo not as good as past muse albums, but by no means is this album bad, I need to listen to it further though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)