New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread "Mark 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appear to have missed the thread for old crap that everybody should magically know despite not being in the analyses- which, for Azelf at least, appears to have not been updated for Platinum yet. Or do we support making new threads for every little thing? You'll have to excuse me, it's been a while.

I'm also curious as to how many moves you have to change before you make a new set.
~Uiru

Offensive Dusknoir

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Adamant: 252 HP / 252 Att. / 4 Def.
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
-Sucker Punch

I've been using this Dusknoir on the ladder for quite some time and it has performed very well. No one really expects Noir to hit this hard, and it nets quite a few surprise KO's.

Earthquake coming off of 328 attack hurts, and hits most things for good damage. It's real purpose, however, is Heatran. When Noir finds himself up against Scizor, you can bank on a switch or U-Turn (for CB Scizor) to Heatran to absorb a Will-o-Wisp. EQ on the switch OHKO's Heatran easily. EQ is your best bet against Scizor regardless, so unless you predict a switch to something to resist or avoid EQ, it's the right choice.

Ice Punch and ThunderPunch provide you with great coverage and hit some other important threats. Ice Punch hits dragons and other fliers like Gliscor, Zapdos, and Shaymin-S hard, while ThunderPunch takes care of Gyarados. Note that Zapdos and Gliscor may try to stall you out with Roost, but they will have to Roost over and over again, and risk a critical hit or freeze, so it's not futile to stay in and keep plugging away.

Sucker Punch lets you make up for Noir's terrible speed and finish off weakened opponents. Shadow Sneak could be used here as well, but Sucker Punch has proven to be more useful as it hits harder (60 BP vs. 80 BP) and has the same coverage.

Fire Punch wasn't mentioned on the set as the listed moves provide better coverage. It does have a few niche uses though. It can be used to hit Heracross harder than any other move on the set, and it can be used on Scizor if you know that a switch to Heatran is unlikely or if Heatran is absent from your opponent's team. Switching in on a Scizor and Fire Punching is a bad idea, as I mentioned previously, because of the ever so obvious but always done anyway switch to Heatran. Fire Punch is really only needed to beat Swords Dance + Roost Scizor, as it can set up on you and Roost of the damage from Earthquake.

On a final note for this set, Dusknoir has often found himself going blow for blow with other tanks like Swampert, and often, when both pokes are in the red, they will switch out to something to avoid the last EQ and threaten a KO. This may be common sense, but it just seems to happen a lot with this particular Noir. Don't be afraid to make the prediction and Ice Punch those incoming Salamences and Shaymin-S's!

Edit: On the last paragraph, I'd just like to clarify that the reason this happens to Noir all the time is that few expect him to be carrying three or four attacks, as he usually has stuff like Pain Split, W-o-W, Trick Room, &ca. Take advantage of that fact and get the surprise KO's that make this set work.

"Togestall"
Togekiss @ Lefties
Serene Grace
Calm

EVs: 252 Hp / 108 SpD / 144 Def

~ Yawn / Psycho Shift
~ Encore
~ Thunder Wave
~ Air Slash / Water Pulse

Togekiss' general sturdiness is essential for this set, which provides excellent support. Attempt to totally wreck a foe's team (this is probably good with Stealth Rock and Spikes in play).

A good way to begin would be to use Encore on a wall. If they decide to stay in, hax with Water Pulse / Air Slash (40% confusion chance and 60% flinch respectively). Next, Thunder Wave a switch. If they switch out again, try Yawn if you predict something like Electivire or Jolteon to switch in. If not, continue to Yawn repeatedly to make them switch, switch and switch and take Stealth Rock / Spikes damage. You can also opt for Psycho Shift instead of Yawn if you feel something (Blissey) is going to ruin Togekiss' fun with Paralysis. If a Blissey does appear, try Encore and Psycho Shift for a switch. Air Slash / Water Pulse is preference, both have uses.

The EVs given allow Togekiss to survive a 252 SpA Modest Specstran Fire Blast even if it has switched in into Stealth Rock, or even an 0 SpA +1 Calm Mind Suicune's Ice Beam (did you use Encore on Calm Mind already?) Togekiss can also switch in on stuff like Grass Knot because of it's nice SpD.

It is unfortunate to say, however, That Mamo's Ice Shard will completely destroy Togekiss (bar the mixmamo set). If you aren't considered with Heatran, go for Bold and 252 Def, which hopefully provides Togekiss a more appealing chance to survive a Stone Edge / CBMamo Ice Shard.

"Wishkiss?"
Togekiss @ Lefties / Salac Berry
Serene Grace
Calm

EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SpD / 6 Def

~ Baton Pass
~ Wish
~ Nasty Plot
~ Substitute / Air Slash

Togekiss' "low" speed and ability to Baton Pass two useful moves make it an essential candidate to do just that. This time, Togekiss is a full time Special Wall.

Soooo, I hear your very fast yet frail sweeper survived with few HP? Or even a wall? Withdraw them. With this Togekiss in the party you no longer need to use "death fodder".

Since Togekiss in this case is slower than most OU metagame threats, he can Wish and Baton Pass after the opponent has moved, which means that the entering Pokemon (baton passed) will not receive any damage, but instead healing. You can also do this to a wall, of course. You can also pass the Plots, or Sub up to try a Salac Berry boost, then Baton Pass to quick special sweepers like Alakazam or Porygon-Z.

I didn't make, but saw it used

bronzong @ iron ball
heatproof
sassy
252 hp/88 atk/168 SPdef
earthquake
gyro ball
stealth rocks
trick room / whatever

not new or ne things, but gyro hits much harder with iron ball. Heatproof is also needed w/ iron ball stopping levitate. With heatproof, it can take a fire blast from infernape or heatran, and ko back with earthquake
With trick room, it can actually do a lot of damage

The real cool thing is that with all the speedy trick users who see bronzong as a good target, get an iron ball on themselves. Things like azelf/alakazam/rotom don't like their speed being cut in half, even metagross w/ trick usually goes max speed and won't like it. Iron ball also stops their levitate from working, so u can hit rotom Super Effective w/ earthquake.

The problem of course is that the trick users now have a tool to hurt the rest of ur team as well, so u need to hope u are faster =/, best used with trick room for this reason

"Surpizor!"
Scizor @ Occa Berry
Technician
Careful
84 HP / 252 SpD / 172 Spe
- Agility
- Light Screen
- Baton Pass
- Bullet Punch / Knock Off / Substitute

I recently began testing this surprise BP set with a fairly high degree of success. The premise of the set is to send in Scizor and lure in one of the big three Scizor counters: Heatran, Zapdos or Rotom-h. Use Agility on the switch, and then set up your Light Screen.

The magic EVs allow Scizor to outspeed ScarfTran and everything below it after one Agility. 252 Careful with Occa and Light Screen lets you survive a single ScarfTran Overheat or a SpecsTran Flamethrower, as well as anything Zapdos and Rotom can throw at you. (The only common Fire attacks that will kill you are SpecsTran Overheat and SpecsTran Fire Blast.)

Once you get your screen up, pass to:

Rhyperior @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Solid Rock
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn / Substitute
- Swords Dance / Substitute

It's the standard Rock Polish Rhyperior without the Rock Polish. With a screen up and in a sandstorm, Rhyperior is pretty much guaranteed a Swords Dance, and from there it's an easy sweep.

Of course, there are plenty of other options to pass to (Machamp, Tyranitar and even Suicune come to mind) - Rhyperior is just an example, though one of the best. He can force out most of Scizor's counters handily, and is particularly deadly with Light Screen protection and +Atk/+Spd setup.

As for Scizor's final attack, you really can't go wrong with Bullet Punch, as even with no Atk investment you can still finish off quite a few frail sweepers - and once Scizor is near death on his second switch-in, you want him to be useful one last time. Knock Off is an alternative to scout switch-ins (especially Trick Rotom, who will fuck you up) and smack away phazers' Leftovers. Really, you can fit whatever you want in the last slot.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've wanted to try a surprise Scizor myself, but those offensive capabilities are so tempting. Basically it uses Knock Off over Pursuit:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 246 HP / 16 Atk / 248 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Eh, it's like the "Trapper" Scizor, only this one should play a lot bulkier than usual (simialir to Jibaku's Uber Trapper EV spread). Obviously using Leftovers is recommended. The key here is drawing in Scizor and following with Knock Off. In fact, this works against a lot of its counters: robbing Zapdos's Life Orb or Leftovers, taking off Choice Scarf from Heatran... but it might be hype.

Special Defense EVs can be moved into Defense or Attack if one desires.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha Colonel M I remember just getting annoyed at all the scarfed Heatran switching into scizor and just gave it knock off. Surprisingly itt does get the job done very well. Also, another thing that I've been trying out is using an Agility scizor baton passing to a LO Heatran. Not only does Heatran get the flash fire boost more often than not, it also gets tons of speed to wreak havoc while being able to alternate moves.

LR.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That set isn't anywhere in the analyses or platinum updates, so I don't really see how it's not new. O.OWNAGE might not have been the first one to think of it or use it, but give the guy some credit for being the first one to post it =).

Anyway, I think it's a decent set =), seeing as the only two sets in the analysis atm are the scarfer/bander and the reversal set.

LR.

it deserves to be used over the Reversal sweeper IMO. Reversal sucks these days with Tyranitar being the fourth used Pokemon, and Scizor being first.

I like the set a lot. I'd never expect a Medicham that is not scarfed, so yeah, I can definetly see that set working, maybe once or twice in a match. GJ

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
That set isn't anywhere in the analyses or platinum updates, so I don't really see how it's not new. O.OWNAGE might not have been the first one to think of it or use it, but give the guy some credit for being the first one to post it =).

Anyway, I think it's a decent set =), seeing as the only two sets in the analysis atm are the scarfer/bander and the reversal set.

LR.
I don't understand why it should be in the analysis, its just substitute and 3 moves, pretty much any pokemon can subsitute, not saying that the set is bad, but lets not get the meaning of "new" mixed up.

it deserves to be used over the Reversal sweeper IMO. Reversal sucks these days with Tyranitar being the fourth used Pokemon, and Scizor being first.
Well, no one expects Reversal sets nowadays, so reversal sets can usually sweep fairly easily as long as you get rid of Sandstream and priority users. (lucario's really easy to reversal sweep w/ sandstream immunity and stab)

Although it looks very good, I see not why use Medicham over Breloom who trades a bit more power for Spore + Posion Heal. Now that I think of it, I don't see why to use Focus Punch on anything but Breloom unless you're also using Special Moves.

Name:Fuck off

Gallade @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 attack 252 spe 6HP

-Focus Punch
-Hypnosis
-Substitute
-Night Slash

Breloom reborn. This thing owns cress/celebi/ all the other pychics that resist Focus Punch. This thing has killed skarm and foretress and Scizor. Try it out. I thought of this myself

I think this post exemplifies o_(ownage) it does what lucario does in a similar way but far more unexpected. I can imagine stall being embarassed by this. This set does have one advantage over lucario. In that it can kill gliscor, mence with ice punch and bulky ghosts with psycho cut. Medicahm is cool and does not get enogh use this could change this. BTW this is in response to medicham by O_OWNAGE.

Scizor @ Liechi Berry
Technitian: Adamant
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Reversal
Agility
Endure/ Substitute
Bullet Punch/ Baton Pass

Reversal users work. they just have to be used in a different method. Agility + Sub+ Liechi pass can be annoying if you give it to something like Metagross? I dunno: Heatran's the best recipient with an Agility, since this attracts frie moves like crazy. You can try switching and use a Salac Berry with Swords Dance, but you'll quickly see that your missing a lot of needed speed, though I guess the extra power can compensate for it using Bullet Punch, since there isn't a single faster priority user after the salac boost.

LR.
I think I had posted a similar set in here. I can't find it.

Scizor @ Liechi Berry
Technitian: Adamant
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Reversal
Agility
Endure/ Substitute
Bullet Punch/ Baton Pass

Reversal users work. they just have to be used in a different method. Agility + Sub+ Liechi pass can be annoying if you give it to something like Metagross? I dunno: Heatran's the best recipient with an Agility, since this attracts frie moves like crazy. You can try switching and use a Salac Berry with Swords Dance, but you'll quickly see that your missing a lot of needed speed, though I guess the extra power can compensate for it using Bullet Punch, since there isn't a single faster priority user after the salac boost.
I like this, immune to SS and has a high bp attack and a priority! Could work!

Gliscor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 104 HP, 152 Atk, 252 Spe
Earthquake
Knock Off
U-turn
Ice Fang/ Thunder Fang/ Fire Fang/ Stone Edge/Aerial Ace

Using a quite overlooked base 95 speed, this can revenge sweep quite effectively in the current metagame. Earthquake is a powerful STAB move that easily takes out Heatran and DDTar, U-turn works well in conjunction with Choice Scarf, allowing you to see the switch-in before choosing an appropriate counter, Knock Off is a support move that messes with Trickers and the final move is to revenge whatever is needed by the team. The elemental fangs defeat Salamece, Gyarados and Scizor respectively where Stone Edge is mainly for Zapdos but can also be used for Salamence and Gyarados and Aerial ace is good for Heracross, Breloom and Shaymin-S. A Jolly nature and 252 speed EV's ensure that you will never be outsped by Scarftran, 104 HP allows for some bulkiness and the attack is used for revenge sweeping.

Gliscor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 104 HP, 152 Atk, 252 Spe
Earthquake
Knock Off
U-turn
Ice Fang/ Thunder Fang/ Fire Fang/ Stone Edge/Aerial Ace
Sorry, but I dont thing this can really work, tbh. Gliscor just doesnt have the raw power to be running Choice Scarf, and geting locked in Earthquake is just set up bait for any Salamence / Gyarados / Skymin. Knock Off isnt too reliable with Scarf either.

But, if you really want to use this set, I would suggest something more like:

Gliscor @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U Turn
-Stealth Rock

With this set, you will get a better attack while still being able to revenge kill ScarfTran. Also, running Stealth Rock > Knock Off would provide more team support, so you could use it here too.

PS. I really liked the Agility Passer Scizor + LO Heatran idea, I think I could give it a shot in my next team.

I dont see why people dont use this: It just came to my mind:

Lucario@ Salac Berry
Adamant
InnerFocus
EV's: 252Atk / 252Spe / 6HP I guess
~Substitute
~SwordsDance
~Reversal
~Bullet Punch/ Shadow Claw / Pretty much a move to hit a NVE from Reversal

Well Scizor can use the same set as well :P
Basically you just get the opponents' Scizor/ Scarfer down and then go for the sweep! Scizor could work better I guess since it would have awesome Bullet Punch for dying hits....
That set is already on the Analysis.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lucario

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Annoying gardevoir

Calm nature
Trace
252 hp / 160 def / 96 spD
- icy wind / Protect
- Thunder-wave
- Confuse Ray
- Wish

parafusion is annoying and gives the opponent a low chance of attacking.
icy wind lowers the opponents speed further and protect gives the opponent the minimum attacking time.
wish for recovery, with gardevoirs study defenses this set is difficult to beat.

annoyer

Annoying gardevoir

Calm nature
Trace
252 hp / 160 def / 96 spD
- icy wind / Protect
- Thunder-wave
- Confuse Ray
- Wish

parafusion is annoying and gives the opponent a low chance of attacking.
icy wind lowers the opponents speed further and protect gives the opponent the minimum attacking time.
wish for recovery, with gardevoirs study defenses this set is difficult to beat.

annoyer
Explain the EV spread. Os it able to take certain hits? I'm just curious as to who it could set up and stall on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)