Not open for further replies.
Weavile @ Watmel Berry
EVs: 6 Sp.Def/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
- Ice Shard
- Natural Gift

With Natural Gift (not programmed on Shoddy Battle, and neither is the Watmel Berry), Weavile can defeat Scizor with an 80 bp Fire move, which is a OHKO most of the time (100% with SR present).

Very useful for Wi-fi battles, no one sees it coming and Scizor usually chooses to U-Turn or Swords Dance instead of Bullet Punch against Weavile.

ice punch does less to yache berry garchomp then return
But I already have a spot for the powerful stabbed move (either giga impact or double edge). Giga impact, if used properly, does some disgusting damage to the opponents. The aftermath of how he needs to stay in and not attack is the downside but you could always even go double edge and switch out after the attack and the DB still does a lot of damage (personally, this guy pretty much helps you kill at least one pokemon though he will take a lot of hits...a lot haha).

Btw thansk for your input! I really appreciate it. I know its not perfect but I always though this guy was not being used as much as I thought he should be. Truant sucks, yeah, but we switch out A LOT anyways in wifi battles. Meh I just thought I should give it a try.

Giga Impact really isn't a very good idea. Double-Edge is much safer.
Why not? Giga Impact may make you lose a turn, but Slaking's ability (Traunt) makes him lose a turn anyway...

Double Edge brings Slaking even closer to death with recoil, especially if it does a huge amount of damamge.

Why not? Giga Impact may make you lose a turn, but Slaking's ability (Traunt) makes him lose a turn anyway...

Double Edge brings Slaking even closer to death with recoil, especially if it does a huge amount of damamge.
Because at least with Double Edge he can switch out on his Truant turn. With Giga Impact, he's stuck in, and open to be set up on/a free attack. If you're really concerned with recoil, then Return is probably the best choice for a STAB attack.

Giga Impact prevents you from switching out.

Slaking used Giga Impact
X takes a million damage.
X Fainted.

Opponent sends out Lucario.

Slaking must recharge.
Lucario used Swords Dance.

Lucario used Close Combat
Slaking Fainted. Your team is screwed.

That is precisely the reason.

^^^^ Slaking is actually quicker haha, so if Lucario is Adamant....

Though I agree that is why Slaking is dangerous to use; too many pokemon can set up once and begin a very dangerous sweep.

Slaking used double edge
X Fainted.

Slaking switches out

Another interesting set, credit to Mithos, the player who created it.

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 Spd/248 HP/240 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Imprison
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- U-Turn

With Imprison (since Uxie doesn't get Taunt) it can prevent slower leads from setting rocks. This move has another use, and that's what the Speed EVs are for. This Uxie can outspeed a max Speed Scizor and prevent it from using U-Turn with Imprison.

This set does all that without losing Uxie's main advantages as a lead, Yawn, SR and U-Turn. It loses its ability to counter Fighting types with Psychic though.

Damn a pokemon that can get revenge skilled...wait what pokemon can't? Additionally Charizard outspeeds over 60% of OU, so his odds aren't terrible in getting another blast burn off and once he's gotten rid of the bulky water this Charizard has done its job.

At the end of the day you're pretty much sacrificing Charizard so a pokemon that likes having bulky waters out of the way can sweep, such as Metagross.

I don't recall outlining a strategy I just said u need to get sunny day up. But if you want a quick one...Uxie sunny day+ U-turn

If nothing else I think we can all agree that is as viable as a Charizard Blast Burn set gets.
The problem will be that charizard will rarely get a sub up. A decent player will never switch out of charizard, because of the risk of it setting up belly drum.

Funny fact, Slaking's Banded Giga Impact can guarantee OHKO Lucario, but Double Edge only has 33.33% chance without SR, and 53.85% with SR.

I mean, I still wouldn't do it, but just found that amusing.

Another interesting set, credit to Mithos, the player who created it.

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 Spd/248 HP/240 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Imprison
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- U-Turn

With Imprison (since Uxie doesn't get Taunt) it can prevent slower leads from setting rocks. This move has another use, and that's what the Speed EVs are for. This Uxie can outspeed a max Speed Scizor and prevent it from using U-Turn with Imprison.

This set does all that without losing Uxie's main advantages as a lead, Yawn, SR and U-Turn. It loses its ability to counter Fighting types with Psychic though.
You could probably give it more speed EVs to outspeed, say, Metagross and Swampert (if it doesn't already). I like how Imprision works as a makeshift Taunt, that's clever.

Giga Impact really isn't a very good idea. Double-Edge is much safer.

Slaking is like Lickilicky with Explosion.
I would much prefer Giga Impact over DB as it will assure him of many OHKO's and THKO's as I have shown with some samples of calculations. Double edge is strong but there's quite a bit of different between the two moves' raw power when it is a stab move. Also, if you have read my whole analysis (yeah sorry it was too long haha), you might notice the fact that with such bulk and power, truant is not as bad as people claim it is when such strong and defensive pokemon such as Slaking has it. With him you just have to go in, attack, kill, and get out of there (exception is with GI but unless it's a fighting move, you can take it...he can take it with ease. ALso, he would be incredible when he is paired with a dual-screener. An example is that he won't be 5HKO'd by a scarfchomp's outrage when he has a reflect on.

Anyone notice the EV Spread on the Slaking anyway?

92 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Def... your about 88 Evs over the max limit there
Thta was a mistake, the calculations are correct.
I mistakingly wrote the wrong EV, the correct one I have used is 92HP/252def/164atk

That doesnt commit suicide.
and it's actually incredibly bulky and will last quite a while unles you are up against...lucario,infernape and such with stab fighting move with a stats-up move (nasty plot, SD)

Slaking used Giga Impact
X Fainted.

Slaking must recharge.

You also forgot an important matter.
There are 5 other pokemons on your team.
If you have made your team solely dependent on one pokemon then yes you are screwed but who would do that? For the most part, the only type of team that I have seen that does that is the baton passing team with like 5 passers with one finisher and that, IMHO, is incredibly risky.

Again you could go with double edge, as I have mentioned in the analysis. It is your choice, however, I would go with GI.
Also, Lucario would have to have SD'd before OHKO'ing him (350 Atk vs 299 Def & 464 HP (120 Base Power): 198 - 234 (42.67% - 50.43).

Scenario one:
Slaking have used GI and the other pokemon is dead.
Lucario comes in and uses close combat and does not OHKO Slaking.
Slaking uses giga even for instance and Luke is dead.

Scenario two:
Slaking have used GI and he other pokie is dead.
Lucario comes in and uses SD.
Slaking uses Giga.

Of course, these are witout the fact that Slaking's life is lower than 44.83% of his max life (87.50-42.67), which is required for scenario one to have happened, which would be the only way for Lucario to kill Slaking who is already in the game.

Scenario one:

Scenario two:
Slaking uses Giga.
Scenario one:
Slaking uses GI Pokemon XX faints
Lucario is sent in
Lucario uses Swords Dance
Slaking is loafing around
Lucarion uses Close Combat
Slaking has Fainted!

Two Close Combats does basically the same as SD + CC only leaves you in less of a dire situation

Scenario one:

Scenario two:
Slaking uses Giga.
Hadn't you just agreed slaking wouldn't outspeed?
I don't get it

Not really. If he can prove that Giga Impact deserves a place as it allows Slaking to beat several counters that woudln't get destroyed by Double-Edge, even if it kills the Slaking in the process, then it might be viable as a lure.

Looking at the calcs, I see Vaporeon, Swampert and Gliscor. Now, Gliscor is hit harder by Ice Punch, so the points it moot, but you could potentially KO the opponent's bulky water to make a sweep easier with something else. I'm interested in GI vs Suicune personally.

Still, it still stands that set-up sweepers are very dangerous, but, as pointed out, you still have 5 Pokemon, 4 if you keep a spot for your sweeper that hates bulky waters. I think it's possible to work it out with only 4.

That being said, I still think it's inferior to the normal CB set, since 2 returns are more powerful than a single Giga Impact. Once Swampert or Vaporeon (lol, like they would come in) gets weakened by the first attack, it's unlikely to switch out again since it's low on hp.

Hadn't you just agreed slaking wouldn't outspeed?
I don't get it
The first scenario is perfectly fine as I am speaking as I have factored in the fact that he will be outsped. However, you are right abou the second situation, that was my mistake. The second situation woul be more like this.

Slakng used GI and killed pokemon 1.
Lucario was sent out by the opponent who used SD and Slaking is loafing around.
Slaking got out and pokemon 2 (for instance...gliscor woul dbe a good example) was brought out to the field who then takes the close combat.

All it matters is the fact that slaking can still survive the none sd'd cc (cc does ~42% damage). However, as I have said before in the analysis...I will not and have not disgarded the fact that there are certain pokemons that will give slaking a hard time (lucario, infernape again as I have said in the analysis). I am not trying to make a uber/counterless pokemon here. I am tyring to make a pokemon that is powerful and perfectly viable in the OU game (while it can also counter garchomp) who also unintentionally has flaws of his own.

Scenario one:
Slaking uses GI Pokemon XX faints
Lucario is sent in
Lucario uses Swords Dance
Slaking is loafing around
Lucarion uses Close Combat
Slaking has Fainted!

Two Close Combats does basically the same as SD + CC only leaves you in less of a dire situation
That only happens IF you let him stay around
I would personally take him out as soon as it is my turn to fight in that sort of situation as it is pretty obvious that he will be using close combat

That Slaking set is a joke, as are just about all recharge moves. kbye
That was a very constructive criticism
I am grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)