~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder Punch
~ Fire Punch
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Ordered 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Ummm this guy needs 100% more Payback over Fire Punch. With all the WoW Rotoms amok, they think they're safe burning Machamp, well they're not if you use Payback. Plus, Fire Punch is completely redundant witht the other moves.

OK thanks I'll fix that
Originally Posted by Fat graves

Moveset Name: Guts
~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder Punch
~ Fire Punch
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Ordered 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def

This a surprise Machamp.
Everyone expects either no guard, or choiced.
here are some damage calculations.

Close Combat on 252/12 Metagross
Damage: 70.88% - 83.24%
Close Combat on 0/252/176 Blissy
Damage: 192.52% - 226.48%
okay, this is just a suggestion, but maybe you can switch toxic orb for expert belt or maybe even life orb or leftovers. So that you can come in against a WOW or on toxic spikes and still have a unused item.

It's just the same principal as with the breloom life orb set!!!

okay, this is just a suggestion, but maybe you can switch toxic orb for expert belt or maybe even life orb or leftovers. So that you can come in against a WOW or on toxic spikes and still have a unused item.

It's just the same principal as with the breloom life orb set!!!
Sounds like a good idea!
Thanks.
That would make it OHKO metagross (life orb)

Also definately go with Flame Orb over Toxic Orb on Machamp. It won't kill your durrability as much and Guts ignores the Atk drop from burn.

I dont have access to shoddy at the moment but I want opinions on this set

Jirachi@leftovers
252hp 172def 80spdef
@calm (-atk +spdef)
Cosmic power
rest
sleeptalk
phychic/flash canon/ Chargebeam

the idea is to build enough bulk to tank and plough through the rest of the opposing team
Naturaly it has many problems such as roar/haze users, and it's one attack can be fully ressisted.
Which is why i belive if saved till the lategame it would work wonders?
Opinions?
---

I've seen so many people use this set, and well, here's the thing about it: it pretty much just sits there using Cosmic Power and firing off weak attacks. You're walled by Heatran, who can just spam Flamethrower until the crit, unless you use Charge Beam, and are then walled by the suite of Electric attack absorbers (Jolteon/Electivire/Mamoswine/Flygon/Swampert/Hippowdon), who can also just spam attacks until a crit.

I honestly think a Cro-Jirachi with Calm Mind would work better. It looks like you may wish to consider a Stockpile Hippowdon too.

Jirachi@leftovers
252hp 172def 80spdef
@calm (-atk +spdef)
Cosmic power
rest
sleeptalk

the idea is to build enough bulk to tank and plough through the rest of the opposing team
Naturaly it has many problems such as roar/haze users, and it's one attack can be fully ressisted.
Opinions?
---

I'd think wish is better for that set, because it does offer constant reliable healing, and Jirachi does have the bulk for it thanks to cosmic power. You can run both flash cannon and thunderbolt with it.

And the immunity to Toxic negates part of the need for Rest/Talk, but I think a CM Jirachi could use wish better, maybe over Substitute.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Jirachi@leftovers
252hp 172def 80spdef
@calm (-atk +spdef)
Cosmic power
rest
sleeptalk

Opinions?
---
Wish > Resttalk on this set. This way you can run Psychic and Charge Beam on one set.

How about this guy?

6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash , Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Sucker Punch, Drill Peck, Superpower, Screech
Description: A conventional Physical Honchkrow, but with non-standard move Screech. I use this Honchkrow now for about more months, and it can really works wonders. Nobody, except Steel- and Dark-Types, would enjoy a Sucker Punch with their -2 Defense, coming from 383 Atk.

___

And another one..

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk / 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Item: Leftovers , Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Seed Bomb, Rock Polish
Description: Sweeping Donphan. His impressive Atk-Stat, which is similar to his Defense, is often forgotten, because of his awesome support moves like Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. Choose 252 EVs in HP if you mean, one Rock Polish is enough (which bumps Donphan up to 272 Spe) or if you think, you can pull off 2 Rock Polish. Otherwise, it's better, to set 252 Spe-EVs, so Donphan reaches 400 (436 with Jolly nature) after one Rock Polish. Then start a sweep with STABed Earthquake, or another powerful move like Stone Edge or Seed Bomb coming from 372 Atk.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How about this guy?
Honchkrow
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset: Sucker Punch, Drill Peck, Superpower, Screech
Description: A conventional Physical Honchkrow, but with non-standard move Screech. I use this Honchkrow now for about more months, and it can really works wonders. Nobody, except Steel- and Dark-Types, would enjoy a Sucker Punch with their -2 Defense, coming from 383 Atk.
Usually a good player will switch out when you use Screech, and Steels, faster Pokemon with priority moves (ex. Scyther) and Spiritomb wall this set. Sure, you have Superpower, but its side effect hampers your sweeping potential.

Not that I don't like this set. Screech forces a lot of switches, and that could net you a free switch.

On that Honchkrow set, Pursuit should be used over either Superpower or Drill Peck(probably the latter, since Dark + Fighting provides good coverage). Screech + Pursuit + Sucker Punch creates plenty of switches and mindgames.

As for that Donphan set, it is outclassed by Torterra and Rhydon, there is really no reason to use it over them.

Usually a good player will switch out when you use Screech, and Steels, faster Pokemon with priority moves (ex. Scyther) and Spiritomb wall this set. Sure, you have Superpower, but its side effect hampers your sweeping potential.

Not that I don't like this set. Screech forces a lot of switches, and that could net you a free switch.
blasphemy1, you can look at this post too. You're right, but i think, it would be better so: Pursuit, Drill Peck, Superpower, Screech. Because, believe me, you really need a move, which doesn't rely on the opponent, i mean, your opponent could set up or whatever, while you try to Sucker Punch him.. that's why Drill Peck is necessary, in my opinion. And Superpower is a must, but shouldn't be used as a individual move, because of the downfalls.

And for Donphan: It just lives from the surprise effect. I really like to see, when a Mismagius / Rotom switches in, expecting a Rapid Spin or Earthquake, as Donphan sets up Rock Polish and OHKOs it with EQ. Then it can start possibly a sweep. But there are better players for this role, you're right.

blasphemy1, you can look at this post too. You're right, but i think, it would be better so: Pursuit, Drill Peck, Superpower, Screech. Because, believe me, you really need a move, which doesn't rely on the opponent, i mean, your opponent could set up or whatever, while you try to Sucker Punch him.. that's why Drill Peck is necessary, in my opinion. And Superpower is a must, but shouldn't be used as a individual move, because of the downfalls.

And for Donphan: It just lives from the surprise effect. I really like to see, when a Mismagius / Rotom switches in, expecting a Rapid Spin or Earthquake, as Donphan sets up Rock Polish and OHKOs it with EQ. Then it can start possibly a sweep. But there are better players for this role, you're right.
Pursuit still hurts opponents pretty badly at -2, and if they decide to attack you after noticing they will be 2HKOed, you Sucker Punch them.

Donphan: Except both of those pokemon have Levitate, so Earthquake doesn't even hurt them. You are better off using a Choice Band set utilizing Payback + Stealth Rock. Torterra can do so with Wood Hammer, and Rhydon with Stone Edge.

Using Superpower on a set like that is a terrible idea. I think a cooler set would be Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Screech and Drill Peck. Come in on something like an Earthquake, Screech the switch in, and if they decide to stay in, they are killed by Sucker Punch. They want to switch out? Fine. Pursuit them!

Also, I was working on a set similar to this for Spiritomb. The set would be used for Ubers, called the Psychic Trapper. Using 'Tomb's impressive bulk and decent attacking stats, it can switch into Aura Spheres coming off of Mewtwo and pound it with a powerful STAB move. I was thinking a moveset along the lines of Pursuit/Sucker Punch/Will-o-Wisp, and something else to round it out. I still need to work the EV's, nature and item, but anyone have any suggestions?

Using Superpower on a set like that is a terrible idea. I think a cooler set would be Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Screech and Drill Peck. Come in on something like an Earthquake, Screech the switch in, and if they decide to stay in, they are killed by Sucker Punch. They want to switch out? Fine. Pursuit them!

Also, I was working on a set similar to this for Spiritomb. The set would be used for Ubers, called the Psychic Trapper. Using 'Tomb's impressive bulk and decent attacking stats, it can switch into Aura Spheres coming off of Mewtwo and pound it with a powerful STAB move. I was thinking a moveset along the lines of Pursuit/Sucker Punch/Will-o-Wisp, and something else to round it out. I still need to work the EV's, nature and item, but anyone have any suggestions?
My suggestion is to ensure that it can differentiate itself from Psychic Trapper Scizor. While Spritomb has no weaknesses, Scizor only has 1 (which is weakened by Kyogre's Rain) and a plethora of resists that allow it to switch in. It has recovery, it has priority, U-Turn utility, and Pursuit. Its hard for me to see how a Spiritomb could outdo this.

Hey guys. Time for some oldschool Team Rocket love.

Arbok
@ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
Intimidate Ability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 ATK
- Switcheroo
- Glare
- Protect / Earthquake
- Poison Jab / Gunk Shot

What do you think?
I'm new to Smogon, please go easy.

how about this one:

Magnezone

Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Timid (-atk, +spe)
Item: Leftovers

- Thunder wave
- Charge beam
- Hidden power (fire)
- Flash cannon

Hey guys. Time for some oldschool Team Rocket love.

Arbok
@ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
Intimidate Ability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 ATK
- Switcheroo
- Glare
- Protect / Earthquake
- Poison Jab / Gunk Shot

What do you think?
I'm new to Smogon, please go easy.
hmmm, okay ...
but I'll suggest earthquake instead of protect.
Does black Sludge poison the foe or does it only do damage because you could switch his item into toxic orb. Then Glare could be replaced by another move, for example protect.

hmmm, okay ...
Does black Sludge poison the foe or does it only do damage because you could switch his item into toxic orb. Then Glare could be replaced by another move, for example protect.
Black Sludge heals 1/16th of a Poison type's HP each turn, and takes away 1/8th of a non-Poison type's HP each turn.

Talking about Arbok.

Kobra (Arbok) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP/204 Def/8 Spd/44 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Poison Fang
- Stockpile
- Spite
- Rest

hmmm, okay ...
Yeah Earthquake over Protect, thanks.

Black Sludge deals damage to non-Poison pokemon every turn. 1/8th I believe. Hence Switcheroo to give them Sludge and then you take their Choice Band or Choice Scarf and attack with Earthquake or Poison Jab.

Pokemon Name: Mr Mime
Moveset Name: Trick and Swap
Move 1: Power Swap
Move 2: Substitute
Move 3: Trick
Move 4: Psychic / Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Nature(s): Calm
EVs: 252 HP/136 SpA/120 Sp

I couldn't have thought of a more niche and situational moveset if I tried, but I was just trying to be creative.

TrapPass this Mr Mime to a Pokemon that's bound to try to set up using Calm Mind/Nasty Plot or Swords Dance/Belly Drum and Trick your choice scarf onto them. Wait until they have hit +6 then use Power Swap and either Baton Pass the boosts or blast away with Psychic. It's completely inferior to Mr Mime's standard BPing sets but I just wanted someone to use Power Swap for SOMETHING. You could also Trick the Choice Scarf onto a Pokemon locked into a move that lowers YOUR attack or special attack and then Power Swap the -6 to your opponent to render them useless. STILL impractical, though.

I only did this because I was bored. Sorry for its utter impracticability. Can anyone try making a good moveset using Power Swap? Take it as a kind of challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)