New/Creative movesets — Little Cup edition!

stolen borrowed from Stark Mountain

PS this thread can be necrobumped as long as you have new content to add

Discussion Rules:

1: Use the readable format to display your movesets or EV spreads. An example would be:

Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing; however, avoid using huge ones. Sprites can be found here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

(picture that has a broken link and I'm too lazy to replace)
Moveset Name: Bulky Meditite
Move 1: Drain Punch
Move 2: Zen Headbutt
Move 3: Ice Punch / ThunderPunch
Move 4: Bullet Punch
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Pure Power
Nature(s): Jolly / Adamant
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc.

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts. If you do not know if a moveset has already been mentioned use the "Search this Thread" tool or index to check.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it before subjecting everyone else to it.

4: This is for competitive, serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

5: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

6: If another Pokemon does the set better, don't post it. This means don't post things like Toxic Stall Staryu, etc.

7: Fourth gen movesets go here, not in this thread.

Last edited:
FUCK I DELETED IT FUCKING FU

ok

Shedrestini
-Outrage
-Extremespeed/Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Rest
@ Eviolite
Rest
Careful
Evs: 188 hp/4 atk/156 def/116 spd/40 spe

Set up Dragon Dances, rest, kill things. Once Magnemite kills any steel-types you see in the preview, this thing is a juggernaut. Confusion hax sucks, but this thing is far from terrible, and it's damn fun killing things with +3 Outrages. Espeed deals with priority and provides a reliable attack with decent neutral coverage. It also kills goddamn Featherkrows. Meanwhile Waterfall is reliable and kills Gligar, if you don't like him much.

Evs are for defenses, spd gets priority because most of what Dragon resists is special, rest thrown in to stats that matter

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion

Bronzor
Moveset Name: CM RestTalk
Move 1: Calm Mind
Move 2: Flash Cannon
Move 3: Rest
Move 4: Sleep Talk
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 220 HP/ 152 Def/ 60 SpA/ 68 SpD

Well, as some may know, I'm an avid LC Stall user. I originally had Bronzor on my stall team to act as a very reliable defensive pivot as well as team supporter. Soon though, I felt some of it's support was obsolete and it also died quicker than I would of liked because it can wall so many things. Taking that into consideration, I converted it into a bulky RestTalker and from that I came up with this set.

The basic premise of this set is to act like RestTalk DD Gyara did in DPP OU: That is, to play defensively at first, soaking up attacks, while retaining the ability to sweep late-game with multiple CM boosts (To be honest though, CM wasn't even put on this set for the SpA boost, I just wanted a way to boost SpD so that Bronzor could become a very reliable special wall to go along with it's excellent physical walling capabilities). The list of things this thing walls / sets up on is massive, which includes, but is not limited to, Gligar, Misdreavus, Chinchou, Croagunk, Diglett, Drilbur, Gastly, Magnemite(impressive, as it renders its trapping ability useless due to CM), Larvitar, most Dragons, and many others. Mon's that aren't outright 'walled' are beaten with proper support as well. This support includes a Toxic user and even Toxic Spikes. With one of, or both of those, things like CM Murkrow and Frillish are also easily beaten. What this set really excels at though is being a last Mon due to opponents not being able to pHaze it out, allowing it to easily get up to +6 and sweep with Flash Cannon (which was just chosen for it being STAB and having no immunities).

That's a good set^, but is RestTalk really necessary? IMO, the only reason you would use RestTalk is 1) for recovery, and 2) for status relief. Bronzor has access to Oran Berry + Recycle to heal itself and is immune to Toxic, so all RestTalk kind of does is protect you from Twave (which bronzor doesn't mind too much) and burn (same as para). I guess you do lose Eviolite though. Actually when I think about it Eviolite is more important....

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Yeah, Eviolite is kinda needed and absorbing status, even burn and twave, is always nice. If I get put to sleep, I'm also not helpless.

I'm considering using this.

Turtwig (M) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Amnesia/Stockpile
- Curse/Stockpile/Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb/Leech Seed/Toxic
- Rest/Synthesis

Switch it into a Frillish or Ferroseed and just boost up. They can't do much back to you. The only feasible combination would be the first options because toxic and Leech Seed mean you're walled by your own set up fodder, but if you are confident in your abilities to get rid of Ferroseed early in the match then go ahead and use the combination. Synthesis acts as a reliable recovery so long as you have a cleric. Rest would be the better option, but the sleeping for two turns might allow time for something else to set up. What sets Turtwig apart from other pokemon that can pull this off way better like Lileep, however, is his ability to withstand critical hits. If he's set up, nothing is going to KO it. It's a guaranteed GG. The only well known phazer in LC, Munchlax, takes a hard hit from boosted Seed Bombs, too, hitting it's weaker defense stat. Turtwig's immunity to leech seed also makes it that much harder to take out, as some people rely on Cottonee to phaze. I haven't exactly tried this set out. However, it seems really bulky as after an Amnesia, Snover is only working around 70% with STAB Blizzard. That's the strongest attack aside from Vulpix's Sunny Day boosted Fire Blast hitting its weaker special defense stat. I assume anything else would pale in comparison after just one boost.

About that Dratini set: Extremespeed is always the better option over Waterfall. Outrage actually does more than Waterfall in every instance, once you do the math. The other move I'd recommend is Fire Blast, which deals with Ferroseed, who resists your every other move.

Trait: Shell Armor
- Amnesia/Stockpile
- Rest/Synthesis

Switch it into a Frillish or Ferroseed and just boost up. They can't do much back to you. The only feasible combination would be the first options because toxic and Leech Seed mean you're walled by your own set up fodder, but if you are confident in your abilities to get rid of Ferroseed early in the match then go ahead and use the combination. Synthesis acts as a reliable recovery so long as you have a cleric. Rest would be the better option, but the sleeping for two turns might allow time for something else to set up. What sets Turtwig apart from other pokemon that can pull this off way better like Lileep, however, is his ability to withstand critical hits. If he's set up, nothing is going to KO it. It's a guaranteed GG. The only well known phazer in LC, Munchlax, takes a hard hit from boosted Seed Bombs, too, hitting it's weaker defense stat. Turtwig's immunity to leech seed also makes it that much harder to take out, as some people rely on Cottonee to phaze. I haven't exactly tried this set out. However, it seems really bulky as after an Amnesia, Snover is only working around 70% with STAB Blizzard. That's the strongest attack aside from Vulpix's Sunny Day boosted Fire Blast hitting its weaker special defense stat. I assume anything else would pale in comparison after just one boost.
I can see Sandstorm Lileep doing this kind of thing much better. I've actually used Lileep, and its amazing SpD + Sandstorm is enough to not even need Amnesia. It has better overall defenses, and can use Sandstorm to wear down opponents, too. It also has a much better ability in Suction Cups to avoid phazing, and can use Storm Drain if it's running a special set. Its Rock typing is much better than pure Grass typing like Turtwig has as it can use Rock-type moves to attack rather than being a mono-attacker with only a Grass-type move (which is resisted by seven types).

If you can explain what this has over Lileep as well as test it out, I'll be happy to add it.

What sets Turtwig apart from other pokemon that can pull this off way better like Lileep, however, is his ability to withstand critical hits.
I did, in the paragraph. Did you just skip this part before commenting?

Trait: Shell Armor Illegal Ability in LC
- Amnesia/Stockpile
- Rest/Synthesis

Switch it into a Frillish or Ferroseed and just boost up. A smart player will switch out, letting you only get 1 boost. They can't do much back to you. The only feasible combination would be the first options because toxic and Leech Seed mean you're walled by your own set up fodder, but if you are confident in your abilities to get rid of Ferroseed early in the match then go ahead and use the combination. Synthesis acts as a reliable recovery so long as you have a cleric. Rest would be the better option, but the sleeping for two turns might allow time for something else to set up. What sets Turtwig apart from other pokemon that can pull this off way better like Lileep, however, is his ability to withstand critical hits. How does he do this better? With sandstorm up, Lileep has much better SpDef without needing to set up. Illegal ability (again). If he's set up, nothing is going to KO it. It's a guaranteed GG. The only well known phazer in LC, Munchlax, Hipopotas says hello, and he's very physically bulky takes a hard hit from boosted Seed Bombs, too, hitting it's weaker defense stat. Turtwig's immunity to leech seed also makes it that much harder to take out Lileep shares this trait, as some people rely on Cottonee to phaze. I haven't exactly tried this set out This might be a good idea before posting. However, it seems really bulky as after an Amnesia, Snover is only working around 70% with STAB Blizzard And you can't hit him back as he resists Seed Bomb and is immune to Leech Seed. 70% + 70% = dead Turtwig. That's the strongest attack aside from Vulpix's Sunny Day boosted Fire Blast hitting its weaker special defense stat. I assume anything else would pale in comparison after just one boost.
I missed the point where this was better than Lileep.

Yes I skipped it because (1) it's illegal and (2) even if it were legal, it's not even close to enough reason to use it.

my turn

Moveset Name: Bossdreavus
Move 1: Shadow Ball
Move 2: Thunderbolt
Move 3: Trick
Move 4: Icy Wind
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature(s): Modest / Timid
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spe

After kokoloko started using Icy Wind Misdreavus on POS, it got really popular as we all realized its awesomeness. Even I, the least likely person to use Misdreavus, liked it. However, it wasn't enough for me. Stuff like Carvanha could Protect my Thunderbolt and kill me with Crunch. Stuff like Scarftite surprise-raped me with Zen Headbutt. Even Scraggy set up on Misdreavus....NEVER AGAIN. Meet Bossdreavus. What is it? Everything. It's a revenge killer. It's a stall breaker. It's a sweeper. It's a spinblocker. It's EVERYTHING! Pretty much what you do is Shadow Ball any sweeper that doesn't resist it, and since they're all weak to Ghost these days, it's dead! Not weak to Ghost? No problem! Thunderbolt is your best friend. The thing that really surprises your opponents, however, is Icy Wind. Having fun Tricking scarves on Ferroseed? Hit that switch in with Icy Wind! Fuck off Speed Boost Carvanha, you still don't outspeed! Have fun trying to sweep Mr. Scraggy when Meditite still outspeeds you after a Dragon Dance ;D
In conclusion, this thing is fucking amazing.

God damn that looks annoying.

Moveset Name: Gastorly
Move 1: Shadow Ball
Move 2: HP Fighting / Sludge Bomb
Move 3: Substitute
Move 4: Disable
Item: Life Orb
Nature(s): Timid
40 Def / 200 SpA / 200 Spe

After being trolled by this set in ASB, I thought, hey why not? Lots of stuff only runs one move to kill Gastly with, like non-SS Missy (I swear I'm the only one that uses that), Tesshiido, MeowthAipomBunearyGlameow, Curse Lickitung (although you can't do much back except critstall and die to LO recoil) SDRoost Gligar, Seed Bomb Munchlax, RP Onix/Rhyhorn/Geodude/Nosepass/Roggenrola, and friends. It's not like the third slot was ever that important, with unresisted coverage in two moves and all.

And yeah, it's a boss.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
SCRAGGY COUNTER

fuck scraggy

Pokemon Name: Wooper
Moveset Name: Make Scraggy Your Bitch
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Toxic
Move 3: Recover
Move 4: Counter / Encore / Safeguard
Ability: Unaware
Nature(s): Impish
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD

The main point of this set is to pretty much fully counter Scraggy on almost everything besides very obscure Toxic sets and crits. Unaware ignores Dragon Dance boosts, as well as any other boosts on Scraggy (besides speed, but w/e Wooper's, always slower than it). Kill it with any of EQ, Toxic, or Counter. Drain Punch will make it die slower than you might like, but it will die one on one vs. Wooper. This set also works for an assortment of physical attackers, but it isn't as bulky as Slowpoke and etc. Pawniard, Dokkora, Carvanha, and pokes all have trouble with Wooper. They all fail to 2 or 3HKO it, while Wooper can either stall out LO Damage and/or eventually KO them with attacks.

EQ STAB attack that does actual damage. Toxic for stalling a bit, although almost every defensive poke and their mom has toxic now of days, so you'll likely Toxic on the switch and run from Slowpoke and crew if you're not using Safeguard / Encore or something. Recover for recovery, dumbass.

Counter to more easily take down physical attackers, such as Meditite whom does 2HKO you even without LO, or to take down Scraggy faster (stupid Drain Punch). Encore for utility team support or something, I don't know. Try a speed tie or outspeed a Bold/Relaxed Slowpoke and encore it. Safeguard to guard Wooper from other Toxic stallers, such as Frillish and Slowpoke (Frillish hits a max of 48% with Surf and no spa investment). Use it on their predicted switch in possibly, since Wooper only has 8 speed (same as no speed investment Bold Slowpoke).

Here's some calcs, big fun:

Zuruggu (Scraggy) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Scraggy Crunch vs. Wooper (same damage as Drain Punch)
16 Atk vs 21 Def & 25 HP (80 Base Power): 7 - 9 (28.00% - 36.00%) avg of 7 damage

---

Wooper Earthquake vs. Scraggy (using the above Wooper set obviously)
11 Atk vs 21 Def & 22 HP (100 Base Power): 7 - 9 (31.82% - 40.91%) avg of 7 damage

I might post logs later as well.

Scraggy Crunch vs. Wooper (same damage as Drain Punch)
16 Atk vs 21 Def & 25 HP (80 Base Power): 7 - 9 (28.00% - 36.00%) avg of 7 damage
(7+9)/2=8

11 Atk vs 21 Def & 22 HP (100 Base Power): 7 - 9 (31.82% - 40.91%) avg of 7 damage

(7+9)/2=8

also encore is heaps better than counter, since you need to be significantly damaged to make good use of counter, which in turn opens up wooper for revenge kills

but yeah, that set looks hella annoying

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
(7+9)/2=8

(7+9)/2=8

also encore is heaps better than counter, since you need to be significantly damaged to make good use of counter, which in turn opens up wooper for revenge kills

but yeah, that set looks hella annoying
The damage calcs of LC aren't like OU calculations, basically its either 7 or 9 damage, and most of the time its 7, but never 8 (in my experience, anyway). It's because the defensive / offensive stats are so low and close together, there are so many "magic" stat jump numbers everywhere.

Also, Encore although good on paper, seems to be less useful for me than Counter. Only idiots (besides pokemon that can already kill Wooper) would set up on it and encoring status/sub wouldn't be that wise for one on one battling. At least it helps with team support though. Counter screws up Meditite and Carvanha and other extremely strong physical attackers, and you would hopefully be able to survive the next physical attacker's hit once the extremely strong hitters are gone. But mostly its for killing Scraggy a lot faster to lessen the chance of crits taking you down.

Behold glorious Sunkern (with the worst BST of non-joke Pokemon in little game of 6*30=180).

Moveset Name: Trick Room + Sunny Day Sweeper
Move 1: Solar Beam/Giga Draia
Move 2: Hidden Power Fire
Move 3: Sludge Bomb/Earth Power*
Move 4: Grasswhistle/Sunny Day
Item: Life Orb/Oran Berry
Ability: Solar Power
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 116 Def/240 SpA/116 SpDef**
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/18 (for Hidden Power Fire 70)

Reaches 7 speed and 13 Special attack, 19 with Sunny Day support. Basically you run Vulpix, get a TR up and give this thing a whirl. Sunkern is one of two Solar Power users in LC (Charmander) but is the only legal one at the moment. I haven't tested this yet but this is definetly the only possible niche Sunkern could have.

* Unreleased as of now, sadly. I looked into it.
** You can optionally put 36 evs into HP for +1 HP, however you'll take more Life Orb damage. With 0 HP evs Sunkern reaches 19 HP.

Wow after only trying it out one time, this pokemon stands out as an awesome priority monster:

Meowth (F) @ Life Orb(Reduce HP IV's for 19HP btw)
Trait: Technician
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Taunt
- Bite

The buff in Feint makes it really awesome: A 2+(!) Priority attack with not-that-bad 45 base power (with out stab) it also breaks protect :)
Fake Out is also awesome. It provides a good double combination with Feint

Bite as a 90 base power attack is good against ghosts/couverage. Lastly Taunt serves as a "annoy a switch-in or destroy several Pokemon"-attack

I would recommend it, it's really awesome :)
(I wish i could somehow calculate damage for a good proof, but how?)

Moveset Name: Bulky Fighter
Move 1: Fake Out
Move 2: Drain Punch
Move 3: U-turn
Move 4: Toxic
Ability: Regeneration
Nature(s): Jolly
EVs: 156 Atk / 116 Def / 236 Spe

Best Kojofu set ever. Enough def to outstand Zen Headbutt from +1 Zuruggu, LO max attack Carvanha Waterfall after switching into a Crunch and a lot of things else. It can, then, Drain Punch them to death. U-turn + Regeneration will keep him healthy, which Meditite can't do. Toxic is for crippling stuff like Hippopotas, Slowpoke, Duskull, Bulky Missy, etc. Fake Out is for priority and for free damage.

Moveset Name: Sub Bulk Up
Move 1: Drain Punch
Move 2: Sucker Punch
Move 3: Substitute
Move 4: Bulk Up
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature(s): Adamant
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SDef / 36 Spe

Another awesome set. Can setup a Substitute. on Fighting, Dark, Rock, Water and Grass attacks. Bulk Up is to pump the attack and the defense to take hits from the likes of Timburr better. Also an awesome counter to water types because it takes little damage from neutral ice beam, HP electric, etc. Sucker Punch is priority and coverage, while Substitute gets a free turn and forces your foe to attack, making them susceptible to Sucker Punch.

Moveset Name: Spiker
Move 1: Spikes / Toxic Spikes
Move 2: Surf / Toxic Spikes
Move 3: Rest
Move 4: Sleep Talk
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature(s): Bold
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 156 SDef

Spiking Omanyte. Everyone expects Shell Break, so you can get a free turn to get layers. It requires Hippopotas support, so that it has 22/30/31 defenses, meaning that he can take hits for a long time. RestTalk for healing. You can, then, lay a crapload of hazards.

[meowth]
(I wish i could somehow calculate damage for a good proof, but how?)
http://www.smogon.com/calc/

Seriously though, Meowth has better things to be doing than using Feint. If you predict a Protect, SUBSTITUTE! Because Substitute is also handily useful against things without Protect, of which there are many.

Also Taunt is pretty meh in LC.

Also run Jolly because Adamant doesn't kill anything more than Jolly does.

This looks pretty cool. There aren't many Poison-types, but they do wall you 100%.

I wanna try it out.

Ooooh. I'd invest more in SpD, since you're not boosting that, but...that's pretty cool.

Terrible defensive typing is terrible. Anyway, of SBNyte's checks and counters, like Timburr, Ferroseed, and...stuff...anyway, once they see you spiking and not smashing, they'll happily hazard/boost up alongside you. Or just whale on you faster than you can recover.

Besides, Pineco explodes.

I'll update this now with sets that should be there. Also why are there standard sets posted here....
edit: I didn't add Sunkern because it's awful, and Meowth is missing because the set you gave is pretty standard.
Also, run Icy Wind over Taunt on Meowth anyway. The furry fail has no business with Ferroseed and will get its ass by Bullet Seed if it tries to stay in. Think of it logically -- would you use Spikes on a Meowth switch-in if you were using Ferroseed? Icy Wing OHKOes standard 236/0 neutral Gligar, which is cool (and if they run some stupid set, you outspeed for sure next round and can just kill it then, although you lose the 50% chance to OHKO unscratched [speed tie] that you would have on a normal Gligar).

I have a mankey i bred with simisage that acquired seedbomb it has surprise on its side and rips up slowbro switch ins and any other random bulky water

name/crossbred monkey
trait/vital spirit
moves
u-turn
seed bomb
close combat
bulk up

Please post complete sets, which include both nature and evs. Also, there is no reason to run a stat upping move and U-turn on the same set as when you use it you just wasted those turns you used to set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)