New Headphones/Earbuds?

Beats are a crap overpriced marketing ploy, they may be a bit big for your need but Audio Technica ATH M-50 are universally considered among the best headphones in that price range.
I have a pair of those and I love them. They're excellent. They feel durable, sound quality is great for the price, but they aren't the most portable of headphones. The M-50 model has a long thick curly cable that is probably going to weigh you down if you're moving. There is a straight cable version but the cable is around 3 metres long. They're great for use at home or commutes or the like, but I wouldn't get these if you plan on wearing them out and about.

Maybe check out the Audio Technica ES55s if you're looking for portable headphones. I've heard they're good, don't own 'em personally though.

I'm going to throw the Etymotic HF5 in as a good choice for an IEM. Sound quality is very good, the wire doesn't tangle as much as some others for me, isolation is the best I've come across in an earphone. They have a very reasonable amount of bass if you can find a pair of tips that seal well, but it's not the huge amount some people like. If you can't get a seal on the buds in your ears, you're not likely to hear much bass at all, but this is true for the majority of IEMs. I'm really happy with mine.

The head-fi forum is a great place to find reviews before you buy anything.

anything philips or sony will do, they're really good and offer decent quality
steer away from products that have suspiciously low price tags, however

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Of the three pairs of headphones I own, the two with best value for money are both Sennhaisers. HD801s are well beyond your price range, and so I can only vouch for the CX300s. If you want something overear without breaking the bank, I have had good experiences with UrbanEars Plattan. Going over a bit, Beats by dre do actually live up to the hype and price tag if you have high quality audio.

Also vouching for Sennheiser.

Uh, Sony too, I guess.

*whistles*
Pretty much almost made a similar post. Anything else is a waste of time, just look for the models that emphasize the word bass. I was browsing amazon yesterday and Sony has a new line of funky looking ear buds if you care about appearances. To me the headphones are only weared by me when I drive an hour to work and the same back.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm with Zystral. My regular earbuds were Creative EP-610s until they stopped making them. They were rebrandes Sennheiser CX300s which are pretty cheap in the US so I would recommend them as long as you don't mind the bass being somewhat heavy. Love them and I don't believe in spending over $100 on something I usually stick in my pocket and will likely break due to overuse every year.

My large headphones for home use is the Sennheiser HD555 which I got on sale for $80. Great product.

I'm on my second Turtle Beach headset and it's been near-dead in one side for a while now ugh, I guess I'll look at Sony brand headsets if they're that sturdy

I'm on my second Turtle Beach headset and it's been near-dead in one side for a while now ugh, I guess I'll look at Sony brand headsets if they're that sturdy
I've had many problems with two turtle beach headsets breaking 2-4 months after purchase. Their build quality is pretty laugable, and the shop assistant I got a refund from told me they get more broken Turtle Beach than any other brand. Also the two pairs I owned got very uncomfortable after ~2 hours of use.

So my friend had a pair of Steelseries Siberia V2 which I tried out, and I ordered a pair myself recently. Incredibly comfortable, with decent sound quality for the price (they're not "top-range" audophile headphones if that's what you're after, but they're perfect for general use). Should be arriving this week :D

And Sony headsets are very durable, we use them at school for video/audio editing, and despite being stomped on, rolled over, dropped and yanked by teeneagers daily, they're still working well after four years.

O.O So many people posted... I feel so loved.

Alright, based on what you guys are saying, it seems like I should be getting a pair of Sennheisers. I guess I'll see if the have any at my local Best Buy.

I'm also updating the OP with some Youtube links to the music I listen to, as examples.

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)