New OU List (October 2008)

Regardless, 8201 is, in my opinion, more than enough to get it into BL, at least.
That's not exactly how the tiers work...

Pokemon go into BL because they are too strong, not because they see a lot of usage.

However, if Rotom-X sees a lot of usage, it will become OU and skip BL completely.

Also, if Suspect Ladder is testing Deoxys, why is Shaymin S banned there? I can't find the reason inf PR.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon go into BL because they are too strong, not because they see a lot of usage.

However, if Rotom-X sees a lot of usage, it will become OU and skip BL completely.

Also, if Suspect Ladder is testing Deoxys, why is Shaymin S banned there? I can't find the reason inf PR.
Pokemon being BL is a mix of power and usage. Pory-Z was originally OU, then BL, then OU again due to its usage changing. Its power remained constant.

Rotom forms will definitely become OU; they'll soon be counted as one pokemon (though normal rotom will still be UU).

And yes, its silly to have Deoxys allowed in both the Standard and Suspect whilst Skymin is banned in the Suspect. I'm guessing everyone is just assuming Deoxys is OU and wanting to test Skymin as quickly as possible.

So the best OU teams probably consist of 6 out of those 8 Pokemon on that frequently used list...Would this mean it's best when making an OU team to choose Pokemon exclusively from this list or would there not be enough type coverage to go around or something?

And yes, its silly to have Deoxys allowed in both the Standard and Suspect whilst Skymin is banned in the Suspect. I'm guessing everyone is just assuming Deoxys is OU and wanting to test Skymin as quickly as possible.
We're testing Deoxys in a suspectless metagame to decide whether or not it should become Uber. Skymin is a suspect, and so it isn't allowed in the Suspect Test ladder.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pokemon being BL is a mix of power and usage. Pory-Z was originally OU, then BL, then OU again due to its usage changing. Its power remained constant.
I know what you're saying, but, to clarify, a Pokemon is BL when it's not used enough to be OU but too powerful for UU.

So the best OU teams probably consist of 6 out of those 8 Pokemon on that frequently used list...Would this mean it's best when making an OU team to choose Pokemon exclusively from this list or would there not be enough type coverage to go around or something?
I never suggested to choose your OU team just from those 8 Pokemon!

Look at it this way: if I had to view two matches at random last September, I would have probably seen those 8 Pokemon in those players' teams. Meaning that, out of a maximum of 24 different Pokemon in those 4 teams (probably less, since it's very probable that the teams had a few Pokemon in common), 8 of them were those eight. That's all it means.

Another way to look at it is: if you go in the RMT subforum and look at 4 teams at random posted at around September, those 8 Pokemon are more probable to be in at least one of those 4 teams than not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)