New OU List

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The March ShoddyBattle statistics were posted, and, as some of you might know, today is the day when the OU list is updated.

And here's the updated OU list, using the brand new prediction-based algorithm. It consists of 47 Pokemon, namely:

Aerodactyl
Arcanine
Azelf
Blissey
Bronzong
Celebi
Cresselia
Crobat
Deoxys-S
Donphan
Dugtrio
Empoleon
Forretress
Garchomp
Gengar
Gliscor
Gyarados
Heatran
Heracross
Infernape
Jirachi
Kingdra
Lucario
Ludicolo
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Metagross
Milotic
Porygon-Z
Rhyperior
Salamence
Skarmory
Smeargle
Snorlax
Spiritomb
Staraptor
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tangrowth
Tentacruel
Tyranitar
Vaporeon
Weavile
Weezing
Wobbuffet
Zapdos

Before you go 'what, ARCANINE IS OU?', remember that this is what it's predicted to be OU in the next few months given the previous statistics. So sue me.

Didn't realise Empoleon, Ludicolo, Crobat and Arcanine were that popular :s

Surprised Hippowdon isn't on there though. He's on every other team I run into.

I can't see a reason for Smeargle to be considered dodgy simply because he can learn any move, the sheer reason that Mew with the same base stats of Celebi,Jirachi,Shaymin simply for the fact it can pack any moveset... it's just that Smeargle doesnt have the base stats to support its movesets and often requires recieving BP support or starting a BP chain.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Does this mean Smogon is concidering Deoxys-S to be OU now? I took the OP to mean this was smogons new OU list...

ikke
where is hippo?? seen it waaay more often then donphan smeargle and ludicolo
X-Act
remember that this is what it's predicted to be OU in the next few months given the previous statistics.
Seems like the most logical explaination ...

Although I have to admit to wondering whether Arcanine's inclusion has something to do with the date ...

If this is NOT a prank, it looks like a lot of BL got bumped up. Most notably smeargle and arcanine 0.o

And I must agree, where the HELL is hippowdon!

Aerodactyl Good.
Arcanine Dude this thing belongs in UU. I'm going to shoot the guy who no-lifed Arcanine just to get him into OU.
Azelf Good.
Blissey Mek it uberz@@@
Bronzong I hate this thing, which is why it's OU.
Celebi Good.
Cresselia Good.
Crobat lolwat? Again, i'm shooting the guy who No-lifed crobat. Hope that wasen't you Sunday with your Mono team >.>
Deoxys-S Good.
Donphan Good.
Dugtrio Good.
Empoleon Bleh, can't stand up to OU well enough as a wall, but good.
Forretress Good.
Garchomp I'm not even gonna start...
Gengar Good.
Gliscor Good.
Gyarados Good.
Heatran Good.
Heracross Bleh, good.
Infernape Good.
Jirachi Too good for BL.
Kingdra Fails at OU thanks to Sand Stream.
Lucario It has the manaphy problem.
Ludicolo Same as kingdra.
Magnezone Good.
Mamoswine You know, KoA started the Mamoswine in OU thing.
Metagross Good.
Milotic Too good for BL, can't stand up to OU. Like Empoleon but better.
Porygon-Z poryclone
Rhyperior Wow, he's getting back on top people =p Hate to say i've never seen him much, so it's proberbly the same guy no lifing crobat and Acranine.
Salamence Good.
Skarmory Good.
Smeargle I say the guy who invented Focus Sash was drunk, High, dying, or any combination of the above >=(
Snorlax Good.
Spiritomb Same problem as Milotic.
Staraptor Good.
Starmie Good.
Suicune Good.
Swampert Good.
Tangrowth Finally outta BLage.
Tentacruel Good.
Tyranitar Good.
Vaporeon It's only OU cause it's fat. Seriously, look at that 130 base hp! *Wobbles Vaporeon's stomach*
Weavile Good.
Weezing Good.
Wobbuffet This thing should be uber. This is thanks to that guy with a team of 6 wobba's who again no-lifed them.
Zapdos good.

Before you go 'what, ARCANINE IS OU?'
ARCANINE IS OU???
, remember that this is what it's predicted to be OU in the next few months given the previous statistics.
I'ma find the guy who no-lifed these BL's and shoot him. Bad BL's, that is. Tangrowth is good BL.
So sue me.
I'll take you up on that one.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Aki said:
Hope that wasen't you Sunday with your Mono team >.>
What the hell did I do!

No but seriously, Arcanine is way to good for UU so you should be happy he's seeing some use in OU!

Lead with crobat is what you did.

Don't even start to complain. I know you No-lifed Crobat and bumped him up.

I'm saying to collecivly raise Crobat and Arcanine from BL to OU would take a single person/group No lifeing him that much to beat several potential candidates, like Electivire and Hippowdon.

I have a lot of faith in X-Acts calculations, but this algorithm for predicting the tiers I'm starting to have some doubt in... no Hippo?

Based on Shoddy Battle statistics:

Hippowdon in January: 23. Hippowdon (18128272 points)
Hippowdon in February: 25. Hippowdon (17619265 points)
Hippowdon in March: 31. Hippowdon (16179671 points)

Hippowdon is slowly but surely dropping in usage. I'm guessing X-Act's calculations took this into account.

Aerodactyl- I could see some people having a fit over this, but its one of the better late game sweepers out there and thanks to the Life Orb, its OU worthy.

Arcanine- Fire poke usage has gone up in general basically because of Heatran. Its easier than ever before for Arcanine to get a nice Flash Fire boost, and kick ass. Plus the whole, choice band Extreme Speed.

Crobat- Base 130 speed to go with the new move U-Turn, an increase in Hypnosis base accuracy, and Taunt make a great lead. This poke has won me OU battles, so while it may not look good on paper, it's passed my personal test in OU.

Empoleon- Its water type, no shit its OU. Keep in mind this thing does have 11 resistances and 1 immunity before overlooking it.

Ludicolo- Don't get it.

Mamoswine- Anyone who thinks this poke isn't OU is really really really behind on the times. This thing is the best addition to DP.

Staraptor- I don't get it.

Tangrowth- It has the stats, I've never tried it in battle soo I can't say to much.

Thats all folks.

EDIT: Who the fuck didn't put the Hippo up...no....just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)