New traits on old pokemon, and trade-forwards.

So I traded 6 zigzagoon over like said in an earlier post and went evolving them in to linoone so we would found information about the abilities changing or not.

This are the results of those 6 zigzagoon evolving.

1) Female Linoone - Ability: Gluttony
2) Female Linoone - Ability: Gluttony
3) Female Linoone - Ability: Pickup
4) Male Linoone - Ability: Gluttony
5) Female Linoone - Ability: Pickup
6) Male Linoone - Ability: Pickup

So 3/6 of the zigzagoon I evolved had a changed ability when they evolved in to linoone, named "gluttony". That makes an end to all speculation I'd say since 50% of the linoone had a trait which zigzagoon couldn't recieve in RSE.

So the ability pass-over is now random when evolving, at least from 3rd generation abilities to 4th gen abilities.

This was the result.. so get the discussion going or finish it I'd say ^^
So were the 6 Zigzagoons clones of one another? I would love it if someone could test the theory with Rhydon before I get my hopes up. =D

EDIT: And since the Rhyperior evolution is based on a rare item and not everyone has the ability or guts to clone in D/P, may I suggest testing with Snubbull -> Granbull? It should be similar to the Rhydon -> Rhyperior evolution since both pre-evolved forms have 2 traits in ADV and the evolved form got a new trait this gen. It might be easier to test for people who don't have access to 6 Protector items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)