Newest Team, needs some help

Ok, you know the drill. Please don't do the 'changes in bold thing', because I can rarely ever find everything you suggested. Please read all the descriptions before posting.

Azelf@Focus Sash
Hasty
Levitate
252 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 4 Atk
Stealth Rock
U-turn
Hidden Power (Ice)
Fire Blast

Azelf lead. I traded Psychic for HP Ice to hit the Salamence and Hippowdon leads I still see. Even though it only does around 40% to a standard Hippowdon...

Porygon-z@Life Orb
Timid
Adaptability
252 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 4 HP
Nasty Plot
Tri Attack
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fighting)

This is my only special sweeper for this team. I made it pretty standard, HP Fighting is for Steel types, that wall this otherwise. I originally had Dark Pulse, but then someone on another forum suggested Shadow Ball because between it and HP Fighting, nothing resists it.

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid
Natural Cure
200 HP, 124 SpAtk, 128 SpDef, 56 Speed
Reflect
Recover
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

I don't have a real physical wall on this team because I decided on having a spinner, so I made the Starmie bulky to be able to set up Reflect so anything can substitute for a wall.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
252 Def, 200 HP, 56 SpDef
Heal Bell
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Softboiled

Standard TheraBliss. I decided on Heal Bell, however, for reasons only known to myself.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant
Intimidate
128 HP,128 Def, 152 Speed, 100 SpDef
Taunt
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Waterfall

TauntGyara. I normally BP to it from Scizor, but DD is just in case I can't for whatever reason. I put EV's into the defences to make switching in easier.

Scizor@Leftovers
Impish
Technician
212 HP, 200 Def, 96 Speed
Bullet Punch
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Agility

A BP-ing Scizor isn't something most people expect. I always Agility first, because I have the Speed EV's set up so I can outrun a ScarfTran after Agility. I can then BP into Gyarados. I also pass Agility to Porygon-z if I feel the need to.

So that's it. Let me know what you think.

The first thing that I see that worries me is that your tream lacks real power. None of your sweepers are boosted and you could end up missing out on crucial KOs. Yes I do mean even POrygon Z, because if you don't get the Nasty Plot boost you are in real trouble. Lum Berry is unreliable as an Item, and Probably won't net you as many Boosts as you might expect. I would reccomend Life orb on either Gyarados or Porygon-Z to help with this situation. For example with Lum berry and no Nasty Plot, Porygon Z will manage a maximum of only 83% damage on the standard With. With Life Orb however you are giving yourself an 87% chance to OHKO it after Stealth Rock. Now I knoe Donphan isn't very common, but threats with similar Sp. Def stats to it are, and I'm sure there will be similar situations with other POkemon after the nasty plot boost. It's just something to keep in mind.

Psychic and HP Ice will do similar amounts to Hippowdon, so it is only really salamence you are missing out on if you use it. If you really feel you need the coverage then use it, but you might want to use Grass Knot to help out with your Cursepert weakness, especially seeing as you are using U-Turn on Azelf. If you don't want to put Grass Knot on Azelf, I definately reccomend putting it on Starmie over Reflect. Otherwise Cursepert will set up on you, sure Gyarados can Taunt it, but it can still hit back with Stone Edge and will probably have +1 Def to tackle you with. (More Cursepert wil be carrying Stone Edge now garchomp is gone)

I do also worry about the slight lack of a fall-back plan if something goes wrong with Scizor as most of your other Pokemon are either just there to wall, or lack the real power to sweep through the opponants team late game. I'm not really sure how to fix this though, without overhauling the whole team. Stealth Rock isn't really a huge weakness for this team so maybe you could replace Starmie with something like a MixApe who can sweep for you team late game, Giving this team that slightly more offensive feel that it attempts to have, but doesn't really make. I hope some of this helped, and good luck with your team!

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok First off, I would suggest that, you run an Azelf spread of,

Azelf@Focus Sash
Hasty
Levitate
252 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 4 Atk
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Explosion
Fire Blast

You should only be setting up rocks, and not much else really. If you're worried about Salamence than just Set up your rocks, and explode on the damn thing. Fire Blast is for Hitting Zong leads, and Taunt is to stop other leads from setting up.

As for Starmie, I really don't see that being needed on your team, since you don't really have an issue with Stealth Rocks. I would probably replace that for a bulky wall, like Slowbro or Suicune. Slowbro can CM, and Recover giving you a good offensive presence as well, while Suicune can come in an CM Shuffle, or something of the sort. These guys would be your only real shot against a late game DD Mence and Gyarads, so make sure they have Ice Beam and HP Electric. I would personally try slowbro in here, but it's up to you.

For Gyarados since you really lack that offensive presence, I would just try a flat out Sweeperdos with Watefall/Stone Edge/Earthquake. It should be a lot more effective during this metagame. With Scizor I would probably try and run a SD set, or drop that for a SD Lucario, who can give you coverage against CB Tar, resisting 3 of it's 4 common moves. He can also come in late game and cause chaos if one of the opponents walls are down, or just weakened.

And for your Porygon-Z, you there is this nifty set, it's a SubSalac NP Porygon. If you're interested I could get the specifics up for you, if not, I would probably just reccomend using a NastyPlot Life Orb Z-, so that you get that extra power in there, since his main job is just supposed to be clearing the way. You could even try running a Specs-Z, that thing can destroy many teams if played right thanks to it's raw power.

Well good luck, and I hope I help out any. Good Luck with the team, and I'll check back in a bit too see if you have any questions or concerns.

Ok, you need alot of help just some basics:
* Stamie lack of a STAB move, plus is meant to be a special sweeper (which you need) and it s too fragile to do the work youa re asigning it.
* Azelf also lacks an stab Attack I woudl go with the regular Azelf (besides being predictable its useful).
* Blissey is not standard, I would go with Ice Beam over Heal Bell, just make Blissey take all status moves, her Natural Cure ability will heal her when switching out.
* Scizor, switch Agility for Swords Dance, gyarados will benefit more from it, just like scizor will, he doesnt need Agility that much, since Bullet Punch always goes first,
* Gyarados, standard, however there are other pokes who would have greater benefits from the BP.

I changed Life Orb for Lum Berry. It was a tentative item, anyway. I may trade off Starmie for a Mixape or Mixvire. I just worry that I wouldn't have anything for physical threats, seeing as most of those pokemon you named that threaten me are physical. Maybe I could swap Azelf and Starmie and just get a Forretress? That would open up a spot for a late game sweeper.

I wanted Gyarados to be bulky because I want to make switching it in easier. That's also why Leftovers is pretty much non-negotiable on it.

I don't think I need SubSalac for Porygon-z because if I use it to sweep, I normally try to pass in Agility, or make sure everything faster is paralyzed by Bliss or KO'd.

*Starmie didn't need a STAB move, and it's not meant to be a sweeper.
*What's a "regular" Azelf?
*Did you read what I put for Blissey?
*I already have Swords Dance, and Agility is so I can pass to Porygon-z
*Name 1 that can Taunt and boost itself if I can't BP to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)