Niagara falls

NIAGARA FALLS

Good morning everyone and welcome to my RMT! Hope you'll enjoy reading it! ;)

The team is created with a normal counter system, starting with a simple idea, that is to let Gyarados sweep. Gyarados is a strange pokemon for some reason: the STAB coverage isn’t perfect, because bounce has the problem of the “pause turn” that can let the target run away, waterfall is a devasting move (under rain) but is often covered in every team because of the rain that is everywhere in the courrent mg. So, why do i have to use it? Well, it has two great qualities: a great bulkyness with some nice resistances and an immunity and overall moxie, one of the most “brakebattle” ability, which combined with a good speed, a great attack and DRAGON DANCE, makes it one of the greatest war machines ever created. His set is the Gyarados “base set”, the subDDmoxie. This Gyarados has very few counter, because when he starts to destroy the enemy’s team, it’s very diffcoult to stop it. You can count his counter on the finger of your hand, but they are unfortunatly common, so a nice work of baitkilling is necessary. Gyarados bests counters are Toxicroak and Ferrothorn, two veri dangerous pokemon for him (obviously only if croak has substitute), than the electric scarf that who can revenge kill him, and probably rotom-W, that can be quit annoying; Protect Gastrodon can be very annoying and last the enemy’s weather summoner. The second part is very easy: just put Politoed in your team and you’ll have a nice answer to all summoner and a great boost to Gyarados best STAB. For the rest of the counters it’s pretty more difficoult. Toed can be a great friend of Gyarados, just because sharing with him part of the typing, they share some counter, so i try to use this to my advantage: Toed can attack very hard to help the next Gyara sweep. Then, Gyarados is obviously weak to stealth rock, so tentacruel can come in our team: He can burn random enemys with his scald and can toxic bulky waters, that are boring to kill with gyarados, and can spin very effectively in the rain thanks to rain dish (and goodbye toxic spikes). To end the team i chose a great stealth rocker that can take lot of hits and hit very well some dangerous threats just like toxicroak or rachi (Landorus-T). Ferrothorn is a big help for every rain team because it can seed, spikes, make some random damage and take big hits. For the last one i needed a revenge killer. Keldeo seemed to be perfect for a rain team, but 4 water were too much, so i chose Latios: He can make great damage to almost everyone and outspeed almost everything.

Team in details

Politoed

Toxic Frog (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Politoed, maybe the best friend of Gyarados! His infinite rain is something unique for the big flying snake, and just this is a big favor. If we add the possibility of hit very hard lots of his enemys, the party is ready to start: Focus Blast makes great damage to Ferrothorn, Psychic OHKOs Toxicroak that likes to come in on Toed. Hydro pump is the enormous STAB and Ice beam is for obvious coverage. Timid is prefer to Modest to outspeed some more threats.

Gyarados

Niagara (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce

Well, his role has been largely explained, but we love to repeat it! Gyarados is a devasting attacker, that can setup on lot of things, and combined to moxie makes him one of the best cleaner in the metagame. His little problem is that when he comes in he must close the battle, because if he run away, it’s very difficoult that he can come in another time, so i usually use it as a cleaner, that comes in only when the field is ready to make him sweep.

Tentacruel

Deadly Jelly (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel, what more can i say? The pokemon who probably became the classic spinner of BW and one of the most present pokemon in every rain team. His presence is fundamental here, because the field must be clean by hazards, that annoy Gyarados. He can absorb TS that can be annoying during weather war (only toed in the team suffers them). The spread is standard for the bulkycruel, i only added 4 evs in speed to outspeed the other cruel and sub/scald before them.

Ferrothorn

Ufo robot (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd) (0 Ivs speed)
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn, spiker seeder, to try to have a little more recovery, is the real defender of the team. Is always nice to have an answer against dragon, and under the rain it has a great longevity, that gives him the possibility to spread some random damage. The grass type offers lot of resistances, and combined with steel type many moar. The spread is very standard. The only change that i can make is Bulldoze over Power whip to hit better Magnezone, that can be annoying for the team, and maybe a toxicroak that doesn’t expect it, but at the moment it’s working very well in this way.

Landorus-T

Angry Genius (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spd
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Here is another important pokemon: SR are very important to weak pokemon Gyrados will have to fight and U-turn help my team gain momentum during the battle. The Spread is particular: 112 Speed Evs are good to outspeed adamant toxicroak (that can be revengekilled if it has ice punch, and if he has sub can’t touch lando strong), and then i maximized the physical bulkyness to take strong hits. Edgequake combination deal great damage to lot of pokes without any atk investment too. He can come in on scarf electric too, and that’s a nice thing because thay can be annoying for gyarados (they can often revengekill him after only one dance).

Latios

Jetplane (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Thunder
- Surf

The last but not the least, is Latios! Latios have to take care of everything is survived and must be destroyed! He makes his role of revengekiller very nicely and can use his resistance/immunity to come in on some pokes. He can revengekill lot of dragons and this can be very helpfull, because my only real answer to dragon is ferrothorn. I chose Thunder over psyshock to try to destroy skarmory (that can be annoying for gyarados, and to hit very effectively lot of bulky waters. I’ve still some doubt between Psyshock and Thunder, but it’s working very well with the second at the moment.

Possible changes:

Jirachi on Ferrothorn, with a pretty offensive set to try to bait some annoying threat (i thought a calm minder version or a mixed attacker with hp grass, psychic and iron head). Both could be chosen to hit better croak and make big damage to pokes like gastro, but i chose ferrothorn to give the team a better defensive sinergy.

Hp grass on politoed on an other move: it could help in baiting gastrodon or quagsire. That’s the concept of the too short moveset: Psychic, Focus Blast, Hydro pump, Ice beam and Hp grass are all very important and is very difficoult to choose which one not to use!

Psyshock on Thunder on Latios: it can help much more with Keldeo and is a nice STAB without the "drop problem", but i lose a nice move against bulky waters and an Ohko move against Skarmory...

Thank you everyone for reading the team, hope you enjoyed it! Hope you'll leave a rate to make it better. I leave you with the imagine of the team and the ETT!

Toxic Frog (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Jetplane (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Thunder
- Surf

Ufo robot (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Angry Genius (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spd
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Niagara (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce

Deadly Jelly (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Thanks to:
-Fener and Neliel that helped me in building
-Dark nikuman that helped me with the last picture (The niagara falls team)
-You all for reading it and rateing it!

Fener

Going Fishing
is a Tiering Contributor
Great Team man,but Scarf Toed>Specs
if you choose Scarf toed you can use encore to block on calm mind, sub or something like that every latias, jirachi or annoying pokemon that can cause some problem to your team

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey man, nice team.

Always refreshing to see another rain team on these forums, so kudos for you. There are some flaws that really need adressing, so I'm going to help you out the best I can. With that said, let's get on to my rate, now shall we? Alright, first up, I would like to suggest running a spread of 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe and a Modest Nature on your current Politoed over your current EV spread and Nature The aftermentioned EV spread allows Politoed to be an offensive powerhouse while still maintaining that great bulk it has. Up next, I would like to suggest running a spread of 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe on your Gyarados with an Adamant Nature over your current EV spread and nature. The aftermentioned EV spread allows Gyarados to outspeed all Base 115 Speed Pokemon after one Dragon Dance, while an Adamant Nature is used to boost it's 2 STAB moves even more. Well, that's all I can say for this team, as it's very well built, like I said, so kudos again to you. I hope my advice helped just a little bit. Like I said man, excellent team. Good luck and have fun in your future endeavours! Also, Luvdisc. One last time, an excellent team!

• Politoed
    :​
  • 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd -> 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
  • Timid -> Modest​
  • Gyarados
    :​
  • 252 Atk / 252 Spd -> 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe
  • Jolly -> Adamant​

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
This team can have quite serious problem with an opposing unscarfed Thundurus-T. Everything is hit SE with the appropriate coverage move and basically OHKO'd. Also, with the exception of Latios, everything is outsped, and since you don't have any priority user in your team, once Latios is weakened (or its switch-in gets predicted) it's basically an easy sweep for the opponent. Let's watch at some calcs:

252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Politoed: 338-398 (104.96 - 123.6%)

252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 288-342 (79.12 - 93.95%)
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 374-445 (102.74 - 122.25%)

252 SpA Thundurus-T Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 216-256 (61.36 - 72.72%)
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 281-333 (79.82 - 94.6%)
252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 64-76 (18.18 - 21.59%)

252 SpA Thundurus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 154-182 (50.99 - 60.26%)
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 200-237 (66.22 - 78.47%)

I didn't even bothered for Lando and Gyarados, they're easily obliterated anyway. So as you can see, your Water types are easily OHKO'd by Thunderbolt (in most cases, LO is not even required), while Ferrothorn can't take an attack followed by Focus Blast, and Latios is not that hard to bring into KO range with some residual damage. Now, to fix this situation, you could consider running Mamoswine over Landorus-T. Access to priority STAB in Ice Shard allows you to keep those Thunduruses in check easily, while also being an attacking powerhouse in general and providing a good way to take down Breloom or other things (Venusaur comes to mind, if you lose the weather war for some reason, but also ScarfMence, Garchomps, and many others) if it's desperately needed. You lose the Intimidate + U-Turn, which is bad, but it can be worked around since Gyarados + Ferro + Spinner is already a very solid defensive core that can take most attacks with relative ease, while actually you have very little ways to play around Thundurus if not waiting for LO to take its toll (and, as I already shown, it's not even required to sweep you) or hoping you're always a step before your opponent while predicting.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb / Focus Sash / Chople Berry (credit to Katakiri I guess) | Thick Fat
Jolly | 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower / Icicle Crash

Other than that, the team looks solid. Good luck!

politoed absolutely wants a bulkier spread, its pretty essential for winning the weather war. 252 HP / 252 Spe with a modest nature, as dr. ciel already mentioned. you may also want to drop a coverage move in favor of a support move on toed. focus blast is your only means of dealing with ferrothorn apart from tricking it a scarf with latios, so i'd keep that. you've got toxicroak handled by lando-t, as you mentioned, so try dropping psychic for perish song. it makes sure that baton pass teams dont just 6-0 you every time, and it also gives you a last ditch effort to phaze stat uppers.

you mention ferrothorn as one of the premier counters to gyarados but your team doesn't do much in eliminating it. the only things your team can do to opposing ferrothorn is focus blast with toed, scald burn with tenta, and trick a scarf onto it with latios. other than that, it pretty much outstalls every member of your team. if you opt for ganj4lf's mamoswine suggestion, you absolutely NEED to run superpower. its basically required so you aren't a sitting duck against rotom-w and it provides you a way to KO ferrothorn.

I'm currently playing the same team except for Scarf Politoed, Life Orb Latias instead of Latios and bulkier versions of Landorus-T and SubDD Gyarados. The team is really great, but it has some issues against CM users, particularly Jirachi : Substitute allows him to avoid being Tricked, and you can't do anything against it once Landorus-T died. It sets up on Latios' and Politoed's resisted choiced moves, and on Ferrothorn, and then easily destroys you.
But the team is really amazing tbh

You need speed bro and making landorus scarfed with and removing stealth rock for hidden power ice and giving stealth rock to ferrothorn for gyro ball.

You can always fake that you have gyro ball by not showing your third move.
This keeps your opponent thinking and making them scared of switching into abamosnow and stuff.

Solid team though I used to have a team like this but I had conkelldurr instead of tentecruel.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hey,

We already talked about this but i think i can tell you something anyway, since i tried this team on the ladder for a while. Honestly i've never felt the need of the extra speed of jolly Gyarados, so i think you can try adamant on it. 261 already outspeeds a large part of the metagame after one dragon dance, so i think its fine. I've also never found the extra boost from moxie essencial to win, basically you bring gyarados in when you are sure you have won, so the extra boost doesnt matter that much. Intimidate in other hand in combination with landorus-t proved to be annoying as hell to phisical attackers, so you should consider it in my opinion. Also, as people already said ferrothorn its quite bad to face sometimes, and intimidate will let you set up a sub against any ferrothorn that lacks of power whip, and even if it is a standard move, in my experience most of them dont have that move.
Nothing else to say, gl :3

Great Team man,but Scarf Toed>Specs
if you choose Scarf toed you can use encore to block on calm mind, sub or something like that every latias, jirachi or annoying pokemon that can cause some problem to your team
Well, thanks for the rate! As you know i prefer specs toed, that in my opinion work better than the scarf one in my team.

Hey man, nice team.

Always refreshing to see another rain team on these forums, so kudos for you. There are some flaws that really need adressing, so I'm going to help you out the best I can. With that said, let's get on to my rate, now shall we? Alright, first up, I would like to suggest running a spread of 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe and a Modest Nature on your current Politoed over your current EV spread and Nature The aftermentioned EV spread allows Politoed to be an offensive powerhouse while still maintaining that great bulk it has. Up next, I would like to suggest running a spread of 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe on your Gyarados with an Adamant Nature over your current EV spread and nature. The aftermentioned EV spread allows Gyarados to outspeed all Base 115 Speed Pokemon after one Dragon Dance, while an Adamant Nature is used to boost it's 2 STAB moves even more. Well, that's all I can say for this team, as it's very well built, like I said, so kudos again to you. I hope my advice helped just a little bit. Like I said man, excellent team. Good luck and have fun in your future endeavours! Also, Luvdisc. One last time, an excellent team!
Well, thank you very much for rate and luvdisc! I 'll sure try the bulkier spread on Politoed cause i think it can work very well. As for Gyarados, that was my first spread, but i prefer outspeeding latios or terrakion after two dance than hit little bit harder... i think it's just this the reason i chose that spread!

This team can have quite serious problem with an opposing unscarfed Thundurus-T. Everything is hit SE with the appropriate coverage move and basically OHKO'd. Also, with the exception of Latios, everything is outsped, and since you don't have any priority user in your team, once Latios is weakened (or its switch-in gets predicted) it's basically an easy sweep for the opponent. Let's watch at some calcs:

252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Politoed: 338-398 (104.96 - 123.6%)

252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 288-342 (79.12 - 93.95%)
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 374-445 (102.74 - 122.25%)

252 SpA Thundurus-T Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 216-256 (61.36 - 72.72%)
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 281-333 (79.82 - 94.6%)
252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 64-76 (18.18 - 21.59%)

252 SpA Thundurus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 154-182 (50.99 - 60.26%)
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 200-237 (66.22 - 78.47%)

I didn't even bothered for Lando and Gyarados, they're easily obliterated anyway. So as you can see, your Water types are easily OHKO'd by Thunderbolt (in most cases, LO is not even required), while Ferrothorn can't take an attack followed by Focus Blast, and Latios is not that hard to bring into KO range with some residual damage. Now, to fix this situation, you could consider running Mamoswine over Landorus-T. Access to priority STAB in Ice Shard allows you to keep those Thunduruses in check easily, while also being an attacking powerhouse in general and providing a good way to take down Breloom or other things (Venusaur comes to mind, if you lose the weather war for some reason, but also ScarfMence, Garchomps, and many others) if it's desperately needed. You lose the Intimidate + U-Turn, which is bad, but it can be worked around since Gyarados + Ferro + Spinner is already a very solid defensive core that can take most attacks with relative ease, while actually you have very little ways to play around Thundurus if not waiting for LO to take its toll (and, as I already shown, it's not even required to sweep you) or hoping you're always a step before your opponent while predicting.
Thanks for the rate! I'll sure think and try it but still don't know if it will work: Toxicroak will be a very bad problem if i keep off Landorus (if it has sub mamoswine probably won't beat him) so my team can have a harder problem... For thundurus you're obviously right, but he doesn't have so many switch in in my team, so it could be a problem, sure, but it could be reliable for me.

politoed absolutely wants a bulkier spread, its pretty essential for winning the weather war. 252 HP / 252 Spe with a modest nature, as dr. ciel already mentioned. you may also want to drop a coverage move in favor of a support move on toed. focus blast is your only means of dealing with ferrothorn apart from tricking it a scarf with latios, so i'd keep that. you've got toxicroak handled by lando-t, as you mentioned, so try dropping psychic for perish song. it makes sure that baton pass teams dont just 6-0 you every time, and it also gives you a last ditch effort to phaze stat uppers.

you mention ferrothorn as one of the premier counters to gyarados but your team doesn't do much in eliminating it. the only things your team can do to opposing ferrothorn is focus blast with toed, scald burn with tenta, and trick a scarf onto it with latios. other than that, it pretty much outstalls every member of your team. if you opt for ganj4lf's mamoswine suggestion, you absolutely NEED to run superpower. its basically required so you aren't a sitting duck against rotom-w and it provides you a way to KO ferrothorn.
Thanks for the rate, i could obviously agree with you for mamoswine and his superpower, but i explained why i prefer Landorus at the moment. For Politoed i've already said i will try that set (that's the same as you said of dr ciel).

I'm currently playing the same team except for Scarf Politoed, Life Orb Latias instead of Latios and bulkier versions of Landorus-T and SubDD Gyarados. The team is really great, but it has some issues against CM users, particularly Jirachi : Substitute allows him to avoid being Tricked, and you can't do anything against it once Landorus-T died. It sets up on Latios' and Politoed's resisted choiced moves, and on Ferrothorn, and then easily destroys you.
But the team is really amazing tbh
Thanks for the rate, i'm very happy you enjoy my team! Well, obviously jirachi can be pretty problematic, but surely if i see jirachi on my opponent's team, i'll play very carefully landorus, and i'll be very careful before locking me in a bad move!

You need speed bro and making landorus scarfed with and removing stealth rock for hidden power ice and giving stealth rock to ferrothorn for gyro ball.

You can always fake that you have gyro ball by not showing your third move.
This keeps your opponent thinking and making them scared of switching into abamosnow and stuff.

Solid team though I used to have a team like this but I had conkelldurr instead of tentecruel.
Well, i don't think speed is so necessary in this team: Latios is one of the fastest threat of the metagame and makes nice damage to almost everyone, Gyarados has lot of easy set up, so i think i won't change landorus to a scarf set, because i need to much him as a defensive pivot!

Hey,

We already talked about this but i think i can tell you something anyway, since i tried this team on the ladder for a while. Honestly i've never felt the need of the extra speed of jolly Gyarados, so i think you can try adamant on it. 261 already outspeeds a large part of the metagame after one dragon dance, so i think its fine. I've also never found the extra boost from moxie essencial to win, basically you bring gyarados in when you are sure you have won, so the extra boost doesnt matter that much. Intimidate in other hand in combination with landorus-t proved to be annoying as hell to phisical attackers, so you should consider it in my opinion. Also, as people already said ferrothorn its quite bad to face sometimes, and intimidate will let you set up a sub against any ferrothorn that lacks of power whip, and even if it is a standard move, in my experience most of them dont have that move.
Nothing else to say, gl :3
Thanks Neliel for the rate! As you know very well i prefer to use a jolly Gyarados to outspeed a pair of threat that are still bad even at +2, but i'm really thinking to change Moxie in Intimidate! Moxie has been very usefull only in a pair of times (sometimes it helped, but wasn't SO necessary), and i found sometimes intimidate more helpfull... well, i'm already thinking, and you're convincing me!

Small changes. Switch leftovers on Tentacruel to Black Sludge. They do the same thing except no pokemon is going to enjoy tricking it.

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey there!

All these Gyarados teams seem to be popping up haha. First of all, Jolly Gyarados simply does not have the power to break through certain Pokemon or cores (Ferrothorn, for example). I suggest an immediate change to Adamant with an EV spread of 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd. At +1 and +2, you outspeed everything relevant with an Adamant nature, so the 8 HP EVs aren't losing anything. The rest looks totally fine.

Next up, I want to disagree with the previous suggestions of making Politoed bulkier with a Modest nature. Although such a set is definitely viable and helps with the weather war, I feel like the speedy specs set fits your team better. First and foremost, Timid Politoed outspeeds Adamant Breloom, and very few expect to get OHKOd by an Ice Beam on turn 1. Nothing on your team wants to take a Spore since their roles are so distinct, so taking it out is the best prevention. It also outspeeds every non-Scarf Magnezone. This is huge for your team against Substitute Magnezone who might just trap your Ferrothorn. It takes 2 Power Whips to break Magnezone's Substitute, so it will come out relatively healthy, boosted if it has Charge Beam, and behind a Sub once Ferrothorn goes down. This forces you to sack something on your team and making Politoed and bulky would eliminate that option. Landorus-T and Politoed are currently the only members of your team that can OHKO bulky Magnezone, so outspeeding it is a big deal. It also helps against other slow Pokemon like Dragonite, SD Scizor, and Rotom-W. So yeah, keep the Timid Specs.

As another user pointed out, you're very weak to Thundurus-T, but he didn't even mention Modest Agility variants which pretty much 6-0 you with a boost. It can grab said boost on quite a few Pokemon, most notably Latios or Politoed locked into the wrong move or Ferrothorn who's dual STABs are resisted. ganj4lF made the best suggestion for this situation, and I'd like to second his nomination of Mamoswine over Landorus-T. It really would benefit your team, and both are able to set up SR and dish out some powerful EQs. You lose a fighting resist, but since you have 3 already, I think you should be fine. Use the Jolly + Life Orb set that ganj4lF posted.

Lastly, give Latios Psyshock like you were considering. Since you lost a direct answer to Terrakion of Landorus-T, it's a good idea to have a sure-fire way to OHKO it in any weather. Scarf Surf doesn't come near to OHKOing Terrakion in sand because of the SDef boost, so Psyshock is the way to go. Thunder is easily the most replaceable--you need the rest of your moves, especially Trick (since it's your best way to stop Toxicroak). Thunder was much more useful when Tornadus-T was still allowed since it always OHKOd, but there isn't enough merit to use it now. Keldeo and Tentacruel are both weak to Psyshock anyway. Plus, Psyshock hits fighting types for SE damage which is one of the greatest things about Latios.

Other than that, the team looks solid! Nice work!

Hi there.I do not have much time so I give you the main suggestion.
It is a very interesting and very effective team, I can't really rate your team because it seems very correct, but I see a big weakness against Tornadus, you have nothing for tank properly his Hurricane, Latias is 2HKO, Politoed also, Ferrothorn is 2HKO by Hurricane and can't tank a Focus Blast, Tentacruel is 2HKO Hurricane, then Tornadus can come on Ferrothorn/Tentacruel/Landorus-t, your team is very disadvantaged against Thundurus-T also, if the opponent has agility, you're 6-0'd, Ferrothorn is OHKO by Focus Blast, Landorus-T is OHKO by Hidden Power Ice, and Latios can not kill him because he's outspeed anf Thundurus-T has Hidden Power Ice, I suggest you Jirachi Scarf on Latios, Jirachi is a very good pokemon for your team it can come easily on Tornadus, but also on Thundurus-T because it can kill him with Ice Punch or flinched and and Jirachi Scarf has Trick.

Then I suggest you swap Leftovers with Black sludge on Tentcruel, with this item it can come on a trick of Latios/Rotom.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Trick

Tl;dr
Latias--->Jirachi
Tentacruel--->Black Sludge

Hope I Helped and good luck with your Team.

~Leftiez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)