Nice To Be Here

Good Afternoon,
Every reply helps my team improve by changing elements and covering its weaknesses. Today's new member is a familiar face, scizor, after Zam failed to impress me by experience. Not because he is a bad pokemon, but this team needs someone solid enough to increase the diversity.

By the way, this is my overall team.

Team At A Glance

Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash
Timid,
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Natural Cure
~HP Fire
~Sleep Powder
~Leaf Storm
~Toxic Spikes

Toxic Spikes Lead:
Roserade may not be a very good starter due to its frail defenses and some weaknesses. However, it has a move, sleep powder which can stop slow opponents efficiently, and switch out after setting spikes or go on fighting. HP Fire is a good backup move against possible metagross and skarmory leads. I changed leaf storm instead of energy ball. Except for its inaccuracy leaf storm has potential to KO many ground and semi-rock types.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly,
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Sand Veil
~U-turn
~Roost
~Earthquake
~Stealth Rock

Phsycal Wall/Optional Lead:
With using gliscor in my team, I want to keep surprise element in my hand.
Sometimes it may lead as an anti-lead or to set stealth rock, other times it come out to stand the ground against heatran, metagross or infernape. Especially, I have problems with infernape. U-turn is good move to scout your opponents. When things are going bad, gliscor can switch out to a more appropriate ally. Roost keeps him alive for long battles. Lastly, earthquake is a STAB move which can damage many fire and ground types.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold,
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Ability: Natural Cure
~Grass Knot
~Leech Seed
~Heal Bell
~Recover

Cleric:
Celebi has a simple mission, to heal when team members are burned, frozen or poisoned due to toxic spikes. Also another idea came up to my mind that I could switch in to Blissey and seed her while healing teammates:P Together with recover, leech seed keep it alive against ineffective opponents. I am not familiar with grass knot, which I added as a suggestion from ''slater'' and I hope it will work good against bulky water types.

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly,
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Intimidate
~Waterfall
~Taunt
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance

Physical Attacker:

Offensive DDing gyarados. Being a jolly gyarados, my aim is to dragon dance as much as possible when getting the chance then to sweep. Having a high attack stat, gyarados does serious damage with earthquake and waterfall. Also waterfall has a chance to flinch the opponent although its base power is lower compared to special water moves.
Taunt is a must for gyarados if I want my team to stop stat boosters and baton passers. In a few matches this kind of teams really hit me where it hurts. Even I was surprised to see how easy to baton pass against my team.

Thanks a lot to Starfawkingburst for reminding me of taunt.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid, 4 HP/252 Spe/252 SpA
Ability: Flash Fire
~Fire Blast
~Dragon Pulse
~HP Grass
~Earth Power

Special Attacker:

As I made a special attacker heatran, I chose a timid one to boost its speed. I think of adding lava plume later to moveset when I get more experience playing with heatran. Although ı have used flamethrower so far, fire blast is the choice with the choice specs. Being a semi-steel type, I can counter dragonite who commonly depends on draco meteor. Specifically, I can handle revenge killer scizor with heatran. I expect earth power to do some business against ground types after adding heatran a choice specs. Lastly, heatran can hurt opponents, who think they can handle heatran due to its water and ground weaknesses.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant, 246 HP/252 Atk/12 Spd
Ability: Technician
~ Bullet Punch
~ U-turn
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit

Revenge Killer:
New kid in the class. While practising I have been discovering what my team fears most. One of them is tyranitar and scizor is the cure of this problem. A stab bullet punch powered with technician can beat many weakened opponents. U-turn is a handy move either you can scout your opponent with some damage or give a dent to opponents with a stab move like this. Although superpower lowers the attack and defense of the user one stage, it does a great job to remove heavy cannons of the opponent. Pursuit can catch pokemons without letting them to switch out safely. Scizor is likely to cover physical attacking purpose of my team when gyarados lacks.

All in all I know that there are some weaknesses starring at us and many things that I do not know yet, however, I am improving myself as I have some spare time.

Thanks for allocating your time.
All suggestions/ratings are welcomed.

I would take Alakazam off your team and add Gengar which has better resistances on it and about the same movepool. If you really want to keep Alakazam then I think you should put Trick and Choice Specs back on it which cripples walls and other things.

I would take Alakazam off your team and add Gengar which has better resistances on it and about the same movepool. If you really want to keep Alakazam then I think you should put Trick and Choice Specs back on it which cripples walls and other things.
I thought about your suggestion. At Shoddy Battle, gengar hunted down my Zam a few times due to its incredible speed. Although Zam hits hard many, his defenses are so frail and he may leave the team vulnerable to gengar. I will try gengar and hope it will be a lift to everyone.

Thanks for your advice.

P.S : As I am gradually improving my sight on battling, my team is more likely to change its members.

You have a pretty nice team here Silentic, besides the major ice weakness that your team has created for itself and the fact that you'll get walled by Blissey like there's no tomorrow. I can also see some pokes actually trying to set up spikes or Boost their stats against this team. With that in mind, I would like to suggest Taunt on Gyara. You could take out Stone edge or EQ for it, your choice. You can also change Gyara to a more bulky water type since I believe it will be more beneficial for you team if you switch in to Gyara.

Anyway, Taunt will ruin all those stall teams and semi stall teams that are out there. It also ruins Blissey that attempts to toxic you. You can also opt for taunt on Gliscor if you don't want to put in on Gyara.

Another thing is that this team can be ripped through by Gengar and/or starmie and that's not a good thing. Maybe you should replace Zam with a wall like Blissey or something similar. Those are my suggestions.

Good luck with the team.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
Your team is pretty Fragile imo Your two most defensive pokemon celebi and gliscor are also both weak to ice. Hetran does bail you out sometimes, but you dont really want to be switching the Scarf version into anything, its not entirely what it is supposed to be used for. Which is why im kind of suggesting this to alot of heatran users that now are trying to play with Fire-Water-Grass cores. Try out this set..just try

Modest 252 speed 252 Spa 6 Sdef
@Choice SPECS

Fire Blast
Hidden Power Grass
Earthpower
Dragonpulse

If you play this thing right, know what it outspeeds, and have decent prediction, this thing will absolutely destroy your opponent...take a look at some of these common switchins and what Fire Blast will do to them

Bulky dd gyarados 43.5%-51.4%
With a Flash Fire boost 65.5%-77% (nearly a OHKO with SR!)

CroCune 31.4%-41.6%
With a Flash Fire Boost 52.7%-62.4% (plus you outspeed)

Choice Scarf Flygon 64.1%-75.7%
With a Flash Fire boost 96% minimum guarenteed OHKO with SR

tons of other calcs i could run but try it out for yourself.

Also, alot of Hyper Offense teams will hide tyranitar until the end to prevent SS from wrecking their own team, Chances are once they realize that you are tyranitar weak, (which btw you very much are) they will immideately try to remove gliscor since thats your only hope of stopping him. If you do end up switching your scarfed heatran to specs, which i hope you do, and you miss the revenge killing abilities, i recomend...

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 246 HP/252 Atk/12 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Over Zam. Easily OHKO tyranitar, except for babri versions..plus deals with tons of other stuff thats down towards 25%.

Let me know if you try this stuff. hopefully helped

I removed alakazam and taught gyarados taunt to prevent stallers from setting up easily. The team look more solid now. I consider every post deeply and work to get rid of the weaknesses.

Thanks everyone for their effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)