No Legends Pls

Losing heatran is pretty big... CharX can now use thunderpunch without getting walled. Also if tyranitar gets banned will sun become more viable? It and heatran are 2 of the biggest reason why sun sucked.
Talonflame is praying to arceus that tyranitar gets banned...

You still have hippo, who is in some cases better then ttar especially on stall however this is quite an offense based metagame. On the other hand stall gained a lot of viability with the loss of thundy who just spammed taunt, and stallbreaker terrakion. Offense loses in addition to thundy Lati@s, the previously mentioned terrakion, keldeo, Kyube, and last but certainly not least the deoxys bros. Defog will be able to be used a lot easier due to deosharp no longer existing. On the other hand stall loses heatran which is so important, Zapdos, and Latias. Very interesting metagame balance will most likely be the best playstyle.

A bit of a stretch and maybe it wouldn't affect the metagame, but with the 'theme' of a wi-fi centered ruleset then what about banning event moves as well? eg. Wish Blissey (I've heard that they do this on some non-English servers for their standard tier).

One step further would be to take out BW Global Link HAs also but that would be too drastic.

I would keep the psuedo legendaries.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A bit of a stretch and maybe it wouldn't affect the metagame, but with the 'theme' of a wi-fi centered ruleset then what about banning event moves as well? eg. Wish Blissey (I've heard that they do this on some non-English servers for their standard tier).

One step further would be to take out BW Global Link HAs also but that would be too drastic.

I would keep the psuedo legendaries.
Interesting ideas but one of the main advantages of simulator play over wifi is the fact that you can build a WishBlob yourself. BW Global Link HAs is entirely different, since RNG was so easy and there are millions of clones either way. BW pgl hasn't even been gone for a year and people are already pretending it didn't exist ;_;

Interesting ideas but one of the main advantages of simulator play over wifi is the fact that you can build a WishBlob yourself. BW Global Link HAs is entirely different, since RNG was so easy and there are millions of clones either way. BW pgl hasn't even been gone for a year and people are already pretending it didn't exist ;_;
Understood, it was just a small idea :)

Nah, if we wanted to be like Wifi, we would downright ban anything that wasn't Kalos native but that would really make a LOT of things suck. But on the other hand, Florges will become about as useful as Sylveon would be so Florges would approve.

make this the no legends+no megas metagame?
Just a suggestion cause of annoying venasaurs and charizards.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is "no megas pls" a common complaint among casual players? The reason I created this was for the people who have, for almost two decades, have requested battles with their friends with the condition of no legendaries. If megas have gained a similar reputation, then a "no legends no megaevos pls" metagame sounds interesting. Heck, there are already 3 mega stones + Blaziken banned. However, for now I'd like to just keep it simple and follow the original theme.

Is "no megas pls" a common complaint among casual players? The reason I created this was for the people who have, for almost two decades, have requested battles with their friends with the condition of no legendaries. If megas have gained a similar reputation, then a "no legends no megaevos pls" metagame sounds interesting. Heck, there are already 3 mega stones + Blaziken banned. However, for now I'd like to just keep it simple and follow the original theme.
I think you might have to ban charizardites and venusaurite to balance the meta though.
You can never be sure before testing though.

If you want to keep with the original theme, then I recommend not banning the pseudo-legends. After all, they are NOT legendary Pokémon (pseudo=fake)

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
All right then, pseudo-legendaries are NOT banned. Thanks for the input guys!
Edit: the entire banlist is in the OP now.
Edit (10/14/14): Mawilite and Aegislash added to ban list.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Code:
    {
        name: "No Legends pls",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite', 'Articuno', 'Zapdos', 'Moltres', 'Mew', 'Entei', 'Suicune', 'Raikou', 'Celebi', 'Regirock', 'Regice', 'Registeel', 'Latios', 'Latias', 'Jirachi', 'Azelf', 'Mesprit', 'Uxie', 'Manaphy', 'Phione', 'Heatran', 'Regigigas', 'Shaymin', 'Victini', 'Cobalion', 'Terrakion', 'Virizion', 'Keldeo', 'Tornadus', 'Tornadus-Therian', 'Thundurus', 'Thundurus-Therian', 'Landorus', 'Landorus-Therian', 'Kyurem', 'Kyurem-Black', 'Meloetta', 'Zygarde']
    },
NixHex asked he recieved. Btw Soul Dew is no longer banned but have fun slapping it onto a banned Lati@s

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I think having another thread for legendaries+pseudo legendaries banned + Char Y ban would be cool :]

also I can still use ARCANINE THE LEGENDARY POKEMON! :3

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Code:
    {
        name: "No Legends pls",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite', 'Articuno', 'Zapdos', 'Moltres', 'Mew', 'Entei', 'Suicune', 'Raikou', 'Celebi', 'Regirock', 'Regice', 'Registeel', 'Latios', 'Latias', 'Jirachi', 'Azelf', 'Mesprit', 'Uxie', 'Manaphy', 'Phione', 'Heatran', 'Regigigas', 'Shaymin', 'Victini', 'Cobalion', 'Terrakion', 'Virizion', 'Keldeo', 'Tornadus', 'Tornadus-Therian', 'Thundurus', 'Thundurus-Therian', 'Landorus', 'Landorus-Therian', 'Kyurem', 'Kyurem-Black', 'Meloetta', 'Zygarde']
    },
NixHex asked he recieved. Btw Soul Dew is no longer banned but have fun slapping it onto a banned Lati@s
Implemented this on my server: http://84.85.13.2.psim.us/ so get hyped. Even though it's one of those meta's you don't really need a code for.

I stumbled upon this thread after searching to see if I was alone in thinking of a legendless metagame; glad I wasn't.

When I reflect on how ORAS has changed the landscape of OU entirely, perhaps (by far) the biggest threat in this meta would be M-Sableye. It's primary counter in M-Diancie is gone, and Mew can't pull off Syncronize Toxic. Specs Sylveon and M-Garde are the only two things that prevent Sableye from winning as soon as it sets up a CM.

Clefable, Garchomp, and Ferro all rise up in usage for SR. Venusaur is no longer handled by Heatran or the Latis. Physical attackers rise in popularity from Lando being gone, Bisharp's usefulness deteriorates slightly, and spinning becomes much more popular with many defoggers gone.

Breloom does pretty decent in the meta with many checks and counters gone (namely Celebi, the Latis, and Lando) and very threatening STAB. Talonflame would obviously be threatening, but perhaps Mandibuzz could make a comeback?

Seeing as there has been a little 'no X metagame' (e.g. no megas OU, no scald UU) trend lately, I think it'd be a good idea to promote a no legendaries metagame.

A large number of A/S ranks are legendaries and Pokemon like Landorus, Heatran, Latios and Keldeo all have extremely high usage and are very centralising to the metagame. It'd not only be a very different meta but also a great simulation to test Pokemon sets for the generic 'no legendary' Wi-Fi rule.

There will be megas that will initially be broken and will need some balancing but that comes with time.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Updated the OP significantly to reflect Greninja and Landorus-I bans. Manaphy, Mew, and Raikou weren't even listed as notable bans lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)