Not EV constructed OU RMT ~ Help Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hesistated to EV these Pokemon before I took a look at what exactly I would be wanting to outspeed, etc., so I left that part that I have difficulty with to you, the mighty RMT'ers, or whatever you helpful folks are called. So far this is the team layout.. I already have most of the sets finished to best fit the team, but hesistant about Latias and Heatran. Scizor was last minute to be last resort for unexpected prediction from Dragon Dancers, like Tyranitar and Salamence that was smart enough to not get stuck on Outrage.

At a glance:

Metagross: So far I've decided to run something close to the Standard lead, but I think the EVs could be slightly changed to adapt to certain other leads. Metagross is my favorite Pokemon and #1 lead in popularity, so picking it was too obvious.
Latias: Just as Jirachi and Salamence go well together, Latias pairs well with Metagross. Attacking on different spectrums, as well as Latias' many resistances and one immunity that helps Gross and Heatran, I couldn't ignore her. I think a more offensive form would work better, but I want it to be un-Choiced (if Heatran is un-Choiced, I might give her Specs though). I plan on using the CM + Sub that isn't on the analysis, and need a good EV spread for it. Suggestions on the move set?
Heatran: takes the Fire attacks aimed at Breloom and Scizor (more so at Scizor). I want to use the SubToxic version or the typical Scarf variation. Wondering if there are better EVs than just 4/252/252. Heatran is almost my only thing capable of beating the Dragon Dancers (except Gyarados, who is handled by Breloom or Starmie so long as Gyarados doesnt have Ice Fang for Breloom.
Breloom: I plan on using the bulky spread in the EV options analysis, 172 HP/104 Def/132 Spe, but I am sure the spread can be changed to make sure it can better handle CB Tyranitar's Stone Edge/Crunch, as well as a Waterfall from DD Gyarados. I need him to have bulk, I have no need for Atk EVs so long as he remains Adamant nature. If he changed to Impish, I may need help with Atk EVs.
Starmie: I normally stray away from using 252 EVs in any stat unless it is vital to a set (Gengar I always EV with 252 bc of the difference it makes to either Speed or SpA). I did however have success in using Ice Beam in place of Recover to make sure Salamence and Celebi can get revenge killed, as well as Maxing Speed to outspeed Modest Scarf Heatran (361 compared to 360) and Magnezone (if it runs HP Fire i outrun anyway, but it is crucial sometimes that I get that KO from Heatran. Starmie needs more than the 352 on the standard set most of the time, and he is bulky enough anyway. With the lack of an Ice move on the team, Starmie makes good use of it to hit Celebi so I don't have to switch to Heatran and die to a well-predicted EP. Scizor isn't reliable either due to defensive variants sometimes having HP Fire.
Scizor: I can't say CB Scizor makes use of Speed past oustpeeding Magnezone without a Scarf (unlikely switch) and maybe Celebi to KO with U-Turn. He has to run a +Speed nature to make Speed worth having, so I figured having HP to handle stray attacks is better. 248 HP is actually wiser than another number bc its a SR number (not that it matters since Scizor switches in on attacks most of the time). I hesitated using Pursuit (I really have no use for it) for Night Slash, but Night Slash fails to KO Standard Rotom-H, a common switch and counter to Scizor, and without significant Speed, Scizor can't attack twice like Heracross can when he uses it. Pointers?

The team handles a handful of threats like Empoleon to an extent since Latias can survive Ice Beam by not letting Empoleon sub down to its Berry), Lucario (if I choose to use ScarfTran), and the Dragon Dancers Mence and Gyrados somewhat (Starmie can potentially handle both so long as Mence comes in on him). Suggestions to significant weaknesses to this team and how I can counter them would be appreciated. Thanks for any help.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please organise your RMT to suit Smogon standard. Read the RMT rules to understand how we expect you to display your RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)