Not-Fully-Evolved 'mons in UU/NU

Is think wynaut should be at least NFE because in ubers it can't even stand an attack from the powerful ubers(unlike his older brotha, Wobbuffet, who has a shitload of HP), so his uber ability pretty much a waste.

It's pretty obvious that Electabuzz and Rhydon will be the most useful NFEs here, they were OUs anyway, and i'm sad to see Vibrava outclassed to other dragons, just like flygon was.
Electabuzz has never been OU in my recollection. Chansey, Rhydon, Magneton, Dusclops and Porygon2 are the only NFEs that have ever been OU, I think.

And, you can read a thread in the PR about why Wynaut is Uber. For something to be Uber, it doesn't have to be useful in Uber battles. Likewize, a Pokemon can be useful in Uber battles (Forretress, Blissey, Scizor, Metagross, Tyranitar, etc.) and not be Uber.

Also, I can't see much benefit from using Vibrava in NU when Gabite is available.

Seadra got decent defense, spc atk and so-so speed so it could be OK in a NU rain dance team.

Togetic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 16 SAtk / 104 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot / Reflect

*Shadow ball 40% effect (-1 Spc def) makes Togetic attacks stronger and Tri Attack can hax the opponent with a random status problem, Reflect helps to take Physical hits and Nasty plot to sweep.

Seadra got decent defense, spc atk and so-so speed so it could be OK in a NU rain dance team.
Yeah, and sweep hard with its Poison Point!

Togetic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 16 SAtk / 104 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot / Reflect

*Shadow ball 40% effect (-1 Spc def) makes Togetic attacks stronger and Tri Attack can hax the opponent with a random status problem, Reflect helps to take Physical hits and Nasty plot to sweep.
Tri Attack + Nasty Plot is illegal.

Oh and I can say from experience that Munchlax is awesome in NU. It looks like Medicham is going up to UU next month too, so that will be one less Pokemon it needs to worry about.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is think wynaut should be at least NFE because in ubers it can't even stand an attack from the powerful ubers(unlike his older brotha, Wobbuffet, who has a shitload of HP), so his uber ability pretty much a waste.
Performance against other Ubers isn't what makes something Uber. It's how they perform in OU. Wynaut still has everything that made Wobbuffet uber (Shadow Tag the broken trait, the ability to completely fuck walls over, Custap + Destiny Bond, Tickle + Encore etc etc).

If we used how good things do in Ubers to decide what their tier is....Garchomp and Deoxys-S wouldn't even be suspects. Garchomp and Deoxys-S are both top 10 Ubers in terms of usage, so obviously they are doing something well.

Machoke is pretty sexy, with DynamicPunch and high base attack, it really packs a punch. I don't really know but Drifloon could be a decent Baton Passer for NU, it has good HP and 70 speed, but craptacular defenses :O

Machoke is pretty sexy, with DynamicPunch and high base attack, it really packs a punch. I don't really know but Drifloon could be a decent Baton Passer for NU, it has good HP and 70 speed, but craptacular defenses :O
Drifblim is NU anyway, so Drifloonis technically not applicable for discussion here.

I've been experimenting a bit with Swords Dance Sneasel in NU, and I've found it to be surprisingly potent. If you can manage to get a Dance off, it can manage a perfectly respectable sweep, and it'll outrun almost anything that isn't packing a scarf. Screen support doesn't hurt. The fact that the strongest physical Dark move it can have is Faint Attack hurts a bit, but that's nothing that can't be compensated for.

Plus, Sneasel's just cool. So it has that going for it. Which is nice. :)

The fact that the strongest physical Dark move it can have is Faint Attack hurts a bit, but that's nothing that can't be compensated for.
That's true, but it gets Bite, which is the same power but has a 30% flinch rate, something that Sneasel certainly can make use of being the joint fastest Pokemon in the tier and all. So really there is no reason to run Faint Attack on Sneasel with the standard ruleset.

I've used both vigoroth (choice band or sash works well) and metang (pretty bulky tank + gets SR. I found the set of SR, Bullet Punch, Protect, Explosion to work well) to some success. Golbat can be OK as a lead due to inner focus, good stats all around, nice speed, and great moves like hypnosis, u-turn, and even confuse ray. Also on the special side, it gets nasty plot. Mini crobat.

Machoke also packs a punch with dynamic punch and base 100 attack.

That's true, but it gets Bite, which is the same power but has a 30% flinch rate, something that Sneasel certainly can make use of being the joint fastest Pokemon in the tier and all. So really there is no reason to run Faint Attack on Sneasel with the standard ruleset.
For some reason, it completely escaped my notice that Sneasel could get Bite. I feel a bit silly now. :D

On another note, there was something I had wanted to get some opinions on. I've been trying to work out a good defensive Dusclops set for use in NU, and its attack is too low to just treat it like a "mini-Dusknoir", so to speak. What are some recommended movesets?

I used a Night Shade, WilloWisp, Focus Punch, Pain Split Dusclops but a more specially defensive version and it worked great.

I was once caught off-guard by a sand veil abusing, toxic-stalling Gabite. However, most Gabite I've seen have been pretty fail, and they only work with hax. Despite good typing, Choice versions are generally outclassed, and fairly easily walled.

However, seeing toxic stall sort of work on Gabite makes me think that it could really work well on Gligar, who is faster, has much better defenses, access to Roost, and arguably better defensive typing (loses fire/rock resist, gains fighting and bug resists, ground immunity, and still gets a quasi rock resist). He could be a great team player on a sandstorm team, as with the ability to wall most Fighting and Ground types, he covers the physical weaknesses of your SpDef boosted Rock types. Water types are drawn to Gligar like bees to honey, and they happen to be the best targets for Toxic, so the set will work easily enough. Ground hits Poisons and Steels who are immune to Toxic SE, but unlike Moltres, you wont win against Grass/Poison types. Still, with Sandstorm running, you have the advantages of Leftovers, higher defense, better defensive typing, SR neutrality, and Sand-veil hax to set you apart from the infernal chicken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)