1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

np: BW Ubers Suspect Round 4 - When You Sleep

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by bojangles, May 15, 2013.

1. Bossness

Bossness

NOOOOOOO! Oh well... I had fun abusing the hell out of Smeargle... I will miss crushing my opponents with +2/+2 Dialga. It's a sad day ;_; It was fun while it lasted.
  2. Fabbles

Fabbles LN_Slayer
    is a Contributor Alumnus

thank Arceus
  3. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

THANK GOD! :)
    Abusing Darkrai was rather fun, but there really were no safe switch-ins. It was a fun suspect test though (I might have made reqs if I had enough time). Are we testing species clause next?
  4. Scarface

Scarface

5. locoghoul

locoghoul

didn't consider it broken to be honest. And no, you don't need 4 pokemon dedicated to counter darkrai or liepard. My checks were Lum Berry EK -which is fairly used outside the suspect as well- and CS Zekrom with Outrage, Bolt Strike and Sleep Talk. After getting the reqs and not being beaten by any darkrai I ran a stall team to see whether "stall is no longer viable in this meta". I used Heatran, specially defensive Gira, Groudon, Tenta, Jumpluff and CS Zekrom as my only check against mass sleep. Even without using Chansey, Lugia, or other better Uber walls I still got reqs again. So I didn't find the suspect to be "centralizing" anything if you can consistently beat darkrai teams with average stall mons (playstyle that is supposed to be weak against darkrai). And the times when I lost it wasn't to Darkrai or sleep abuse.

I do agree with someone else that pointed out how a defensive stand is not the right way. Sp Def Kyogre with roar rest talk obviously loses 1on1 against darkrai. You guys complain all the time about luck and you are trying to beat an "OP" strat introducing lots of luck events (dark void missing, dark pulse flinches, sleep talk choosing rest, kyogre waking up at wrong times, etc).
  6. moonbase

moonbase

I gave up on this suspect test, when I was swept by a jumpluff. I kept rolling
    Earthquake and first turn wakes with my sleep talk ho-oh. That was the least fun pokemon battle I have ever had.
  7. AJC

AJC

gg no more butterfree sweeps in ubers.
  8. MewtwoHidden

MewtwoHidden

LOL this is a stupid idea in general, even with Sleep Clause a Double Status Rai can incapacitate 2 out of 6 pokemon in a best case scenario for your oponent.
  9. TGMD

TGMD +Biosci: you both gave me crabs
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Tournament Winner

Well, we're currently testing all the clauses in Ubers, and sleep clause is a clause. It would therefore be a stupid idea not to test sleep clause :o
  10. Donkey

Donkey

So only 27.28% of the smogon ubers forum posters are complete retards?
    I find that hard to believe.
    Magcargo likes this.
  11. levenl00s

levenl00s

20% if you do 'Do not retain'/total votes, but well.

And I actually do understand people who think that the ideal of 'everything is allowed in ubers' should go before team diversity (and brokenness but that is just my opinion, a lot of posters think differently). Now the team diversity and overall fun in battles are the only reason why i voted 'Retain' and i know that the second reason is not valid, so it leaves only team diversity as a reason. Happy that Sleep Clause is retained, because running 2 checks to Darkrai (and Smeargle) and still getting busted through some of the time is ridiculous and Darkrai absolutely hates on mons like Giratina(-O). And no people, please don't give me reasons like 'No Sleep Clause makes Primeape viable as Darkrai counter!'. It doesn't.

So all in all I'm happy, even though it was fun for a while and a good exercise for the community. Thanks for the Suspect Test, whoever decides to suspect (Ubers Council?)!
  12. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I'm assuming no round 5, species clause. :s
  13. Alfalfa

Alfalfa

I first read this and thought, "Oh no. Darkrai is going to send us all to hell." And then I heard that Sleep Clause was banned.
  14. syrim

syrim 1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1

You should all try sub taunt dpulse Darkrai with good hazard cores. All of the traditional sleep talkers are walked over and worn down, and the guaranteed subs make using revenge killers a strategy on a timer. The loss of coverage can hurt, but beating many of the safest switchins and having ample time to spread sleep once they are worn down is pretty fail safe with good long term planning.
    Magcargo and Furai like this.
  15. Valafar123

Valafar123

I take it I missed everything? :(

Oh well. IMO they should keep sleep clause. That said, the only sleepers I ever see are Smeargle and Dakrai, and neither of them handle my SpecsTalk Kyogre so I'm sort of indifferent on the matter.

Oh well. Back to being destroyed on the ladder because I'm bad.
  16. Faint

Faint Valar morghulis
    is a Tiering Contributor

This occurred 3 months ago...
  17. Valafar123

Valafar123

I'm not very attentive. >.>

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)