np: OU Suspect Testing Round 5 - Sandstorm (Excadrill/Thundurus Banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone else tried yanmega much?
i like choice specs/tinted lens
bug buzz/air slash are the main attacks, which are really only stopped by skarmory/heatran.
then giga drain water/ground
then i run HP ground normally, though i'm thinking i might want something else...
to give you a hint of the loltastic power this thing has, it generally does 70% or more to scizor... with bug buzz XD

yeah azelf defentily needs fireblast/flamethrower to counter the very common steel types or else it would be walled by common poke as in jirachi, scizor, brongzong, and sp def ferrothorn sense it could gyro ball for about 70-80 %

Which Deoxys-d set would fare best in this metagame?
I want a stall breaking SRer for my stall team and i though about Deoxys-D!
I am trying a set of taunt,night shade,recover and SR with enough speed to outspeed gliscor and the rest put into hp and def.
Any opinions?
Deoxys-D is a really good mon, though it's not reflected in usage stats. Night Shade / Recover / Taunt / Spikes is a really good set. Obviously you could replace Spikes for Stealth Rock, though it seems to be wasted potential. Very reliable Spiker and gives stall a headache. Works great on stall too, since with enough speed investment, you can actually beat Mew, who's a huge pain for stall.

Deoxys-D is a really good mon, though it's not reflected in usage stats. Night Shade / Recover / Taunt / Spikes is a really good set. Very reliable Spiker and gives stall a headache. Works great on stall too, since with enough speed investment, you can actually beat Mew, who's a huge pain for stall.
Use magic coat over taunt, if you predict a taunt then they taunt themselves, and if you mispredict, Deoxys D takes the hit anyway. Suggested EV's/nature?

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
UUPL Champion
I've contemplated teams built around Deoxys-D too. Obviously it should put 252 EVs in HP no matter what, but then I kind of get confused whether or not it should run 252 Def, 252 SpD, 252 Spe EVs, or if there are certain speed benchmarks it really needs to hit.

What I'm trying to say is: Besides CM Reuniclus, what offensive threats does Deoxys-D wall?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Use magic coat over taunt, if you predict a taunt then they taunt themselves, and if you mispredict, Deoxys D takes the hit anyway. Suggested EV's/nature?
Yes but then you cant reliably prevent status and hazards and cannot stop healing at all,which are the selling points of taunt.

I've contemplated teams built around Deoxys-D too. Obviously it should put 252 EVs in HP no matter what, but then I kind of get confused whether or not it should run 252 Def, 252 SpD, 252 Spe EVs, or if there are certain speed benchmarks it really needs to hit.

What I'm trying to say is: Besides Reuniclus, what offensive threats does Deoxys-D wall?
It does wall Stone Edge Conkeldurr and PP stalls it i guess lol. And iirc it can be EV'd (max sp.def) to wall MixNite and MixMence (max of 52% from Mence LO DM) too and some other stuff. Its late now so i forgot/cant think lol.

EDIT:

Ah yes it shits on Breloom.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

What I'm trying to say is: Besides CM Reuniclus, what offensive threats does Deoxys-D wall?
I am using a set with 247 speed to outspeed standart gliscor,max hp and the rest put to defense with a bold nature.Deoxys-d is more suited for walling physical threats like Breloom,Gliscor,Virizion etc.And even for Reuniclus you need more defense to take his hits better since most of them carry Psycho Shock.These are my thoughts.

The analysis says calm max can take two specs draco meteors. I'm tempted to build a team with something like Deoxys / Jellicent / Chansey / Quagsire / Gliscor / Heatran now.

Deoxys-d is more suited for walling physical threats like Breloom,Gliscor,Virizion etc.And even for Reuniclus you need more defense to take his hits better since most of them carry Psycho Shock.These are my thoughts.
Thing is, you're walling fighting types(other than Conkeldurr) regardless of defense EVs. I find it's better to load up on special defense EVs, though I aim for the same speed as you. With special defense it's much easier to setup on on things like offensive Heatran, and strong water attackers. Taking Draco Meteors well is really good as well. Reuniclus using Psyshock is a bad reason to use defense since at +1 it's still doing jack shit, and you should be taunting right away to prevent any more boosts.

I am using a set with 247 speed to outspeed standart gliscor,max hp and the rest put to defense with a bold nature.Deoxys-d is more suited for walling physical threats like Breloom,Gliscor,Virizion etc.And even for Reuniclus you need more defense to take his hits better since most of them carry Psycho Shock.These are my thoughts.
I agree with this. (hey, you learned about grammar! Yay!)

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
UUPL Champion
But it's not really a reliable answer to any of those pokemon except CM Reuniclus. It can only handle Breloom if the Sleep Clause is activated, it doesn't survive Draco Meteor+Outrage from MixMence/MixNite, it loses to mildly faster Gliscor or Gliscor that Taunt it when it switches in, it can't beat Virizion if it carries Leftovers instead of Life Orb since Virizion is faster and gets two Swords Dances. It just turns me off as a spiker wall compared to Skarmory since Skarmory is a reliable hard counter to the things it needs to counter.

I'd love to see it put to use but that HP stat is so pitiful. Even Umbreon is more specially defensive than Deoxys-D...

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
Thing is, you're walling fighting types(other than Conkeldurr) regardless of defense EVs. I find it's better to load up on special defense EVs, though I aim for the same speed as you. With special defense it's much easier to setup on on things like offensive Heatran, and strong water attackers. Taking Draco Meteors well is really good as well. Reuniclus using Psyshock is a bad reason to use defense since at +1 it's still doing jack shit, and you should be taunting right away to prevent any more boosts.
Maybe you are right.Only experience can tell.I just added him today in my team so i can't really have an educated idea about him.
I agree with this. (hey, you learned about grammar! Yay!)
It seems so,thx!
But still i am not sure about night shade.Maybe toxic or ice beam would be better.
And i don't have t-spikes in my stall team right now so toxic would definitely help a lot but then gliscor a common stallbreaker shits all over me.

EDIT:Not really.I just noticed that Deoxys can outstall gliscor with pressure.So even if u cant do anything back u either waste all his pps,along with yours unfortunately,or you force him out.

about breloom... im sure deoxys d has speed investments to taunt breloom before sporing.

on the other hand, my favorite stall breaker is MEW. with like 192 speed (oe something like 64) i forget which... softboiled, taunt willowisp and super fang, it does leave some holes in the opponents walls.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Red card/recycle is pretty fun.

I don't know too much about Deo-D but I think he'd work best as a pressure staller/spiker more than a defensive pivot. Ime, he needs substitute and taunt, but the last two moves can be whatever. I carried spikes, but I really hated gliscor. Ice beam is a measly 2hko though.

Deoxys-D is an excellent Red Card/Recycle user. I used to use that. It just never died. Recover/Toxic/Recycle/Spikes. It was excellent.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Quick question.

I'm willing to use deoxys-D as my main special wall, but do you guys think a dusknoir without any gimmicks but with ice punch could beat taunt sd gliscor?

Quick question.

I'm willing to use deoxys-D as my main special wall, but do you guys think a dusknoir without any gimmicks but with ice punch could beat taunt sd gliscor?
If you have enough attacking power, then definitely. Dusknoir is bulky enough to take a couple EQ's. According to my damage calc, Ice Punch with no attack investment does around 39.55% - 46.70% on standard Gliscor.

relaxed univested Ice Beam does 70.1% - 82.5% to standard Gliscor, if you're only going to use it for it, even Dusclops does 64.4% - 76.8%

Has anyone tried CS Latios+CM Latias as an offensive dou? It actually works pretty well, as Latios can weaken anything it touches and scout the sets of it's counters and then Latias can come in later and clean up. It's even more effective in Dream World where Soul Dew is legal....

Scarf Landorus is a beast, that thing has cleaned up so many teams for me. In the sand it's like having a Scarf and Life Orb on 100+ BP moves with great coverage. I use HP Ice and U-Turn in the other slots but considering HP Fire, as I have other means of dealing with Gliscor, and Stone Edge deals with most of the Dragon (screw you Dragonite..)

IMO Refresh CM Latias > Sub Latias as it often nets you free Calm Minds as your opponent thinks you're doomed to Toxic or Paralysis. You can tank hits better too since you aren't sacrificing 25% health against something that may or may not have a status move. Sub does allow you to escape Pursuiters, though with team preview you should see those coming a mile off.

Substitute also lets you escape leech seed damage from Ferrothorn. If you can stall it out of Gyro Ball PP(assuming that it has been around a bit in the match) with a couple subs there isn't a whole lot it can do to you.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
That's why I run Power Whip on my Ferrothorn. It hits so many things super effectively, and has enough power to rip chunks out of stuff like Latios. SR + Leech Seed + a Power Whip is a dead Latios. Maybe not from 100%, but it gets the job done. Gyro Ball sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)