NP: UU - Bye Bye Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't. Bronzor?
Oh, come on. Bronzor can't do shit. Even if could take Rhyperior attacks, it wouldn't even, like, 87HKO Rhyperior.
TPM got it right, Gligar.

I just overdid. Gligar can stall the standard, sub+3 attacks and defensive sets (CB too as long as you avoid Aqua Tail and Gligar is on top shape).
Every other set, and Gligar can't do shit.
And it needs max HP/max def for that. So, no.

Anyways I've been having some fun lately with Gastrodon. It doesn't really matter what the heck comes in, you're going to be able to set some sweeper up 100% of the time with at least one boost. Use that turn wisely.

Gastrodon@Leftovers/Rindo Berry/Lum Berry
252HP/132Def/124SpD - Calm
~ Block
~ Yawn
~ Protect
~ Memento

Pretty dang bulky with good defensive typing. I usually just Yawn the first switch because it's usually Venu/Grass type that'll beat you then I Block the next switch. Yawn the next turn. They can't switch. If they're going to Roar or something, Protect so they go to sleep, then use the free turn to switch to a devastating setup sweeper. If they're going to attack, Momento so you die and lower thier attack stats and again go to a setup sweeper. Have fun raping. Doesn't need dual screens but it's even better if you can get them up.
Definitivately go with Laughing Berry (Laughing=Rindo in portuguese).
Gastrodon is a grass attack magnet.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh, come on. Bronzor can't do shit. Even if could take Rhyperior attacks, it wouldn't even, like, 87HKO Rhyperior.

I just overdid. Gligar can stall the standard, sub+3 attacks and defensive sets (CB too as long as you avoid Aqua Tail and Gligar is on top shape).
Every other set, and Gligar can't do shit.
And it needs max HP/max def for that. So, no.
You do realize that Milotic takes 40.36% - 47.46% from Rhyperior's Stone Edge while Gligar takes 39.82% - 47.01% and that Milotic can actually OHKO it and... be useful?

EDIT: I just ran for the sake of numbers to be honest, because Milotic's higher HP was obviously going to balance things in the end. And Milotic is still the best Rhyperior "wall" you'll come by....

Yes.
I was only stating that the closest one to wall almost every Rhyperior set is Gligar because of Roost stalling out Stone Edge's PP.
Not that Gligar could be useful.
Since the question was something that could endlessly wall Rhyperior (and no one can)
Ok, it's not really a useful post. But it's so hard for me to not make useless posts O_o
I'll try to get better lol

Until the opponent smartens up and hits you with an EQ after you Roost for the third consecutive time.

Max HP/Def Bulk Up Hitmontop with Intimidate and Rest ftw vs. LO Rhyperior. 0_0

EQ isn't enough to KO Gligar spamming Roost trying to stall Stone Edge PP.
Just saying.
Who is stupid enought to waste his rhyperior pp like that?, rhyperior just need to switch to something capable of seting up on gligar, like mismagius (im guessing gligar movepool is eq/roosst/taunt/toxic or u-turn)

Changing subjects, I'm really loving Encore + Calm Mind Zam right now. It's alwasy fun to kill a Registeel Encored into a usless move with nothing but Psychic :P ( The user who i did this to decided to waste my time by stalling without moving but it didn't work)

Edit: Scarf Lee is also another great poke to try out

The point was to answer a simple question, not to use Gligar.
Leave it at that. Gligar isn't worth discussing here.
Let's move on.

Just saying.

Stalltres laughs in Rhyperior's face, though it does need full health to do it. Or it can wait for SE to miss, which is laughably common.

And then you get people like me who are too paranoid for SE that just Rock Slide it to death.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what the fuck, rhyperior owns subroost moltres so hard

everyone thinks they're safe behind their subs until rhyperior comes in and says "eat rock blast, bitch"

Stalltres laughs in Rhyperior's face, though it does need full health to do it. Or it can wait for SE to miss, which is laughably common.

And then you get people like me who are too paranoid for SE that just Rock Slide it to death.
Rhyperior IMO dont need stone edge (except RP rhyperior), rocks slide is the way to go because have enought pp and accuracy to beat things like substall moltres

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A lot of Rhyperiors don't run Rock Slide or Rock Blast though, although I won't keep Stalltres in on Rhyp unless it's absolutely necessary anyway. Interestingly enough, if Rock Blast only hit twice, Moltres isn't going to die.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rock Blast should really only be used on a CB set, since Rhyperior has a free fourth moveslot and nothing better to run.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I use Rock Blast on Subperior. Anything that I would want to hit with Stone Edge dies to rock blast anyway unless the RNG screws me with a 2-blaster, and it has the added advantage of not getting raped by substallers like Moltres, Articuno, Rotom, and Mismagius.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I tried Agility on Moltres, but lack of recovery or coverage turned me off when I played it (SR weakness absolutely sucks). It's a much more high risk-high reward sort of play though, since stuff like Rotom are just outsped and OHKO'd after a boost, which is cool.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Agility makes you so fast!

jk Aqua Jet

Seeing as how you'd probably have to switch out right away, Tailwind would be better.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't really like speed boosting sweepers (unless it's dragon dance obviously) unless you have heavy spikes support or they're brought out very lategame. They often don't have the power to make it through bulky offense and definitely not through stall. Moltres is even worse in this regard because of...wait for it...Milotic! And, an update regarding my anti-Milotic team: I like it. I like it a lot. It's gotten me a lot of wins, and I've noticed that so many teams, especially Balanced teams, are relying on Milotic as a crutch that they have an exceedingly difficult team stopping my offensive momentum when it turns out that Milotic is useless against my sweepers. I might even RMT it after a few more refinements because people have been asking me to RMT my main team and I refuse, and my secondary teams aren't really that great...except for this one!

SubRoost Moltres outstalling Rock Slide wouldn't be unheard of, since there's still a miss chance, and Moltres is so easy to get back to health that he could feasibly come back for more later. Still, Rock Slide makes you at least able to force it out once. Rock Slide won't save you if you switch in on Toxic.

And you really need to carry something that can take a Rock attack if you're using Moltres, so honestly just scout for Rock Blast when you see Rhyperior. If they switch in Rhyperior, you should be thinking "hey, maybe they know I can stall Stone Edge so that's not what they're planning on doing!". Rock Blast pretty much means that Moltres can't Toxic stall you, though.

Also Rhyperior has to be pretty damn careful around Articuno. I would never say, "Well I have Rhyperior now Articuno can't touch me".

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
Somebody said Milotic can't take hits from Rhyperior forever...why not lol? He doesn't 2HKO, she can Recover, and threaten with a OHKO Surf. You can simply recover off the damage every time Rhyperior hits you, and if it has the balls to keep trying to hit you, kill it with Surf, wait for Stone Edge to miss, Life Orb recoil, etc. Hitmontop is also a pretty good check, since Stone Edge is always the move to spam and EQ won't kill it anyway.

As for Rock Blast, you guys are overrating it. It only has a 25% chance of doing the same or more damage than Stone Edge. Moltres and Articuno will never switch in on Rhyperior, neither will they stay in if they see Rhyperior walking in. Rotom can burn you either way. Hitting Mismagius is nice I suppose, but 'd rather just have Rock Polish going and make sure I'm going to kill it with Stone Edge (as opposed to getting 2 hits with Rock Blast and taking a Shadow Ball to the face)

shrang

General Kenobi
CB Rhyperior EQ/Stone Edge vs 252/252 Bold Milotic: 60.15% - 71.07%

So either, you choose to Recover off the damage and Rhyperior will continue piling on the pain and you will eventually die, or you choose to kill Rhyperior and stay at ~35% waiting for the next attacker to come in and kill you. A 35% Milotic isn't the healthiest thing in the world, even Moltres can come in and one-shot you. Or, Milotic gets forced out, and can't come back in to wall the next threat that time (I'm been having fun with bullshit like RP Rhydon to come after Milotic's been forced out after killing CB Rhyp, and it's been quite interesting).

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So we're back at the CBperior topic huh. Between CBperior and Subperior people certainly have their hands full.

I don't plan on nominating it anytime soon but Rhyperior has so few counters. Tangrowth (learned that the hard way) Leafeon and Weezing are not counters. (Darn Megahorn)

Really, if gets a sub against your offense team kiss one of your pokemon goodbye.

Somebody said Milotic can't take hits from Rhyperior forever...why not lol? He doesn't 2HKO, she can Recover, and threaten with a OHKO Surf. You can simply recover off the damage every time Rhyperior hits you, and if it has the balls to keep trying to hit you, kill it with Surf, wait for Stone Edge to miss, Life Orb recoil, etc. Hitmontop is also a pretty good check, since Stone Edge is always the move to spam and EQ won't kill it anyway.
Mostly because Milotic doesn't get Battle Armor and in order to stall out the 10 hits that Life Orb provides; there is a 52% chance theoretically that you will get a critical hit one of those 10 hits.

I was joking just as much as you were >.<

For reference: Bronzor Brave 252 Att/252HP Gyro Ball vs a +2 spe Rhyperior = 53.6% - 63.3%, 2HKO :| Jolly Rhyperior Megahorn vs same Bronzor = 46.7% - 55%. Not a 2HKO with lefties. So Bronzor beats Rhyperior.

OK I know I said that there wasn't much that a No Suspects nom could say, but... nothing? Come on, nominators, at least give a solid general reason as to what makes everything not broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)