np: UU Stage 1 - Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really a shocker Terrak got quickbanned? Haha.
(I was told it was quickbanned anyway is that true?) could just be talking out of my ass...

I think Pinsir might be next tbh.

Can someone tell me what switches into banded hera? I'm wanting it to stay, but I'm having trouble finding switchins and stuff.

Edit: is serp staying as well?

Can someone tell me what switches into banded hera? I'm wanting it to stay, but I'm having trouble finding switchins and stuff.
Crobat, Gligar, Tentacruel, Cofag. The point of Hera is that it isn't fast enough to completely destroy offensive checks, ie crobat and maybe something like nidoking. It has little switch ins, but that's the point as a wallbreaker. Same with something like LO Mienshao

Edit: is serp staying as well?
Gligar deals with it 100% of the time, Aromatisse beats it and RestTalk Doublade fails to be 2HKOd by Banded Earthquake, but I can't find anything else.

EDIT: Oh wait, Heracross gets Knock Off, crippling both Gligar and Doublade. I guess it's up to Aromatisse and Cofagrigus.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Granbull can take just about anything Hera throws at him, but unless you're running RestTalk (not Granbull's best set IMO) or heavy Wish support it'll get worn down eventually.

Intimidate Mence is a really good offensive answer as well, although obviously it doesn't love taking banded Stone Edges.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mega Pinsir and Terrakion running amok in this tier is gonna be ridiculous lol, what can even check/counter those two other than the one and only Doublade? (Crobat maybe)

Salamence will be interesting, since it was deemed BL by a slim margin, but I am interested in how it pans out in this metagame with new stuff like Mega Sceptile running around here.

And to the REAL EXCITING NEWS (and some shitposting)

Welcome back Heracross!

NOW SOMBOHDY GONNA DIE

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm just looking forward to using Flame/Toxic Orb SD Heracross again. I hate stall and I hate everybody so they deserve to have this be fated to ruin them for using highly defensive teams:

Heracross @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Just threw together a quick spread for outrunning Timid Chandelure, nature and EVs can be customized how you see fit, you could use max Speed or even Adamant with enough to outrun defensive base 100s (or at least Honchkrow). Someone had posted this set a very long time ago last time Heracross was UU, and though I never got around to taking full advantage of it, I'm positive I'll be giving it a whirl this time. Also screw you thinking Granbull and Aromatisse are safe from this:

+1 252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Granbull: 288-339 (75 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 393-463 (96.7 - 114%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Nigga this is POWER

Doublade doesn't check Mega Pinsir, since it has no reason to run Close Combat in UU and can go straight with Earthquake, which does over 60% after a boost.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Doublade doesn't check Mega Pinsir, since it has no reason to run Close Combat in UU and can go straight with Earthquake, which does over 60% after a boost.
No reason at all to run Close Combat! I mean, it's not like anyone ever uses that crappy Mega-Aerodactyl guy, or Rotom-H...

Other than Doublade, what does EQ actually hit that Close Combat doesn't?

Edit: Shedinja'd

No reason at all to run Close Combat! I mean, it's not like anyone ever uses that crappy Mega-Aerodactyl guy, or Rotom-H...

Other than Doublade, what does EQ actually hit that Close Combat doesn't?

Edit: Shedinja'd
Return really hurts Aerodactyl though assuming no bulk and rocks :(. If we're assuming boosts for some reason it straight up mauls Aerodactyl. (But assuming +2 is kind of silly imo)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
I've taken to running bulky MAero lately and been pretty happy with it. Its defenses are decent and it has a great typing.

Anyhow since Aero outspeeds and OHKOs, it's all about what you're hitting it with on the switch. CC on the switch puts Aero into QA range if rocks are down, while Return doesn't. That's an important distinction.

With Celebi leaving, M-Swampert just lost one of its biggest counter. Time to wreck shit up again. I am sad to see Starmie leave. It was becoming a huge assest to Rain Teams and a fast defensive spinner. This metagame will be fun...

O btw, stay tuned for Scyther's viability in UU ;) Most powerful U-turn in the tier. Gonna get some games with him in it

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 153-181 (44.8 - 53%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 170-202 (49.8 - 59.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

What about most powerful U-Turn?

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 153-181 (44.8 - 53%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 170-202 (49.8 - 59.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

What about most powerful U-Turn?
Raised my hopes and dashed them quite eloquantly sir...

Pinsirite needs to be quickbanned surely? We've already seen the potency of powerful flying types in UU with Hawlucha, Torn-T, Staraptor, and this is way more powerful than the first two, quicker than the last, has priority, setup and doesn't even take recoil. I really can't see it staying under any circumstances.

Are these changes effective immediately?
The changes are currently in effect on PS!

Pinsir moved from OU to UU
Heracross moved from OU to UU
Salamence moved from OU to UU
Terrakion moved from OU to UU
Raikou moved from UU to OU
Jirachi moved from UU to OU
Starmie moved from UU to OU
Celebi moved from UU to OU

Also Pinsir and Terrakion both need to be banned to have a playable tier again. Imagine MMedicham metagame but with every team having two MMedichams with amazing sweeping potential and you have an accurate depiction of this metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)