np: XY UU Stage 0 - I Lived

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an amazing metagame, and incredibly balanced. I find that no matter what Pokemon I start to build around my team always ends up different.

However I am finding that I have a hard time not including Rhyperior on all of my teams. Just does an amazing job in the meta providing some great support for teams. Setting up rocks in alot of thing's faces. I particularly like how he means I don't care a bit about victini. And it can work as a Manectric check in a pinch which is great boon.

Standard Wallbreaker Mew is also incredible at the moment at dismantling alot of things. And I'm finding that mono attacking sets, like Suicune, Uxie, Florges and co, are amazing as they can set up on Chansey and turns it into a liability, granting you free turns.

Honestly, if you're having difficulty getting a good team. Grab a mono attacker, stick in a hard counter to most of it's counters, then pump your team with status. It'll give you a good start and punish alot of stall teams.

The one thing I hate, is agilienergy Kingdra. Who shits on everything I love, and has a field day with BO teams that lack revenging that can OHKO it.

Oh, and Clefairy, I made it work. It's a nice little check to choiced fighting types for lulz. (CM / Moonblast / Heal Bell / Softboiled) Don't actually use it, but it's fun to play with.

Also to anyone reading this thread, please don't actually start running Aerial Ace on Crawdaunt because it is already shitty enough to team build for :[ Let alone destroying the one mon that can actually switch on it and regain momentum for the opposing team :[
Wouldn't Crawdaunt would just get subjected if it starts to exist in a metagame where it has no healthy counters?

It is a little slow that's for sure, but barely anything faster than it want's to switch in anyway (because Adapt knock off actually OHKO's most of the offensive meta) and the only defensive pokemon that can deal with its dual stabs are going to be taken out by an aerial ace. (since all the other type combos that do this are offensive pokemon that take crazy damage from resisted hits just because they're that dang powerful.

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sharpedo: 299-352 (106.4 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Crawdaunt Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Shiftry: 268-317 (69.7 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [Left at 17~30%]
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Shiftry: 90-107 (23.4 - 27.8%) -- 79.4% chance to 4HKO [To avoid sucker punch, adamant Crawdaunt is actually faster than uninvented Shiftry]

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Marill: 170-201 (49.4 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
(Its higher if you knock off Eviolite on the switch in)

252+ Atk Life Orb Crawdaunt Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Whimsicott: 205-242 (63.4 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Crawdaunt Aerial Ace vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 468-551 (144.4 - 170%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 179-213 (66 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hitmontop: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- 37.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The only thing I can see that stops this thing is mega Aggron, which is unsafe if its unevolved or if the crawdaunt has superpower.
Hitmontop while might be nice, needs to run full physically defensive just to not get taken out by a crabhammer+Aquajet, making its mach punches only deal about 50%

One pokemon that i have been finding extremely effective in this meta is Lanturn who can make a terrific mixed wall and counters most of the most common volt turn pokemon in the meta right now while also providing momentum in volt turn. Lanturn also has a great movepool two amazing abilities and can act as a cleric with heal bell.

Lanturn sounds like a good check to Rotom-H, which i've seen a lot more often in this generation. I really have grown attached to Rotom-C, since it deals with Quagsire, Swampert, Nidoking and Seismitoad that are used to deal with Rotom-H. I only use Choice Scarf since it can Outspeed Nidoking's, and KO while Volt-Switching out of many threats.

Lanturn sounds like a good check to Rotom-H, which i've seen a lot more often in this generation. I really have grown attached to Rotom-C, since it deals with Quagsire, Swampert, Nidoking and Seismitoad that are used to deal with Rotom-H. I only use Choice Scarf since it can Outspeed Nidoking's, and KO while Volt-Switching out of many threats.
Yea lanturn counters key threats on teams like rotom-H mega manectric tornadus-t and many more and with rotom-w locked away in ou its the only poke of its type which walls a lot lf things in the meta.

My team was having problems dealing with Florges and Chansey so I'm about to try using this. The speed investment lets it outspeed uninvested Florges. I haven't really tried using it yet so I'm not sure how it's going to work out. All I know is that it OHKO's defensive Chansey and specially-defensive Florges.

Hariyama @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

What do the 4 EVs in SpDef do? And I'd pass on Sheer Force as it's only boosting Ice Punch. Thick Fat helps you fend off Victini, Chandelure, and Darmanitan (as well as any Ice-type attackers I can't think of) while Guts makes you hit stupid hard. For instance, you outright 2HKO 252/0 Florges with Guts Close Combat.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would honestly go with Guts on Hariyama. Thick Fat can help with Fire-types, but most of them have a secondary STAB to OHKO (Victini) or 2HKO (Chandelure) Hariyama most of the time.

With Lanturn, it can certainly check Tornadus-T and Rotom-H, but both carry moves that can screw Lanturn over. Torn-T has Knock Off to remove Lanturn's only form of healing (unless it runs RestTalk) while Rotom-H can simply Trick a Choice item onto Lanturn. Not saying it's terrible, but it certainly has to look out for these two moves from stuff it wants to switch-in on.

That's not Lanturn's only form of healing. It can run Volt Absorb, and that has the added benefit of mostly shutting down Mega Manectric.

That's not Lanturn's only form of healing. It can run Volt Absorb, and that has the added benefit of mostly shutting down Mega Manectric.
Not only this but lanturn can heal via water absorb against bulky waters such as crocune jellicent and vaporeon and it can be a cleric with heal bell.

Lanturn has poor offensive presence, and as a check to Rotom-H I'd probably use Zygarde or Rotom-H itself, though most bulky mons such as Snorlax and p2 deal with it well. As for a defensive Electric-type, I think Zapdos has much more utility in using Defog and having a better offensive presence, while having Roost and countering the shit out of Torn-T, which can hit Lanturn with Focus Blast.
This is not to say that Lanturn sucks. I'm just saying you have viable alternatives that usually do more and hence Lanturn is passed over for them.

Lanturn has poor offensive presence, and as a check to Rotom-H I'd probably use Zygarde or Rotom-H itself, though most bulky mons such as Snorlax and p2 deal with it well. As for a defensive Electric-type, I think Zapdos has much more utility in using Defog and having a better offensive presence, while having Roost and countering the shit out of Torn-T, which can hit Lanturn with Focus Blast.
Lanturn has some pretty decent bulk and really high hp along with two immunities off of abilities heal bell is an electric type that can beat ground types one on one a slow volt switch and relatively great typing so yes i believe it to be a fantastic poke that can wall most of the meta.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Liquidocelot as much as I love Lanturn for sentimental reasons, I can't say it can beat Ground-types one-on-one. Most Ground-types are either faster than Lanturn and/or have the ability to tank a Scald. Lanturn basically has to hope for a burn to beat them, and even then, Nidoking and Nidoqueen are usually special attackers and not effected much by a burn (bar the reducing of their health)

You just quoted the top part of my post...
Lanturn does seem to be a cool Heal Bell user, and could pair well with Wish users, but like I said, I usually like something that has more bulk and is less support-reliant, hence Zapdos. Lanturn's bulk still isn't the best, it doesn't have a way to hit specially attacking Dragons, and its bulk isn't THAT good specially. Sure, it can be good with the right support, and an Electric immunity is cool, but I really don't think it's the monster that you're making it out to be. Also, Crocune really doesn't care about Lanturn and can Pressure stall; Volt Switch doesn't do much damage and Toxic can be Rested off. Psyshock Slowbro variants are hard for Lanturn to deal with. So it's not very reliable, imo.

You just quoted the top part of my post...
Lanturn does seem to be a cool Heal Bell user, and could pair well with Wish users, but like I said, I usually like something that has more bulk and is less support-reliant, hence Zapdos. Lanturn's bulk still isn't the best, it doesn't have a way to hit specially attacking Dragons, and its bulk isn't THAT good specially. Sure, it can be good with the right support, and an Electric immunity is cool, but I really don't think it's the monster that you're making it out to be. Also, Crocune really doesn't care about Lanturn and can Pressure stall; Volt Switch doesn't do much damage and Toxic can be Rested off. Psyshock Slowbro variants are hard for Lanturn to deal with. So it's not very reliable, imo.
Actually lanturn can hit dragons for se damage with ice beam and while i agree zapdos is a better wall i think lanturn is a better utility poke and they both serve different roles zapdos being a wall or offensive poke and lanturn being a defensive pivot/cleric.

So I was looking for an offensive Ghost-type to try out other than Chandelure and I decided to give Mismagius a go, because it sits at a good speed tier and has access to a nice new coverage move in Dazzling Gleam so that you don't have to run shit like HP Fighting. However its power has always been somewhat underwhelming so I went with a Specs set as Mismagius has even less opportunities to Nasty Plot this gen with Dark-type moves being everywhere, and it's slightly more powerful than Scarf Chandelure.

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt / Destiny Bond
- Trick
Tbh I'm really sad I didn't think of it before because on paper it looks like a great check to the almighty bunny (although apparently Banded U-turn 2HKOes). Anyway in practice Mismagius was never dead weight on my team, as it could always decently revenge-kill Fighting- or Dragon-types (though you do need some prior damage except for like Mienshao) and spam Shadow Ball w/out worrying about hazards like Chandelure. Mostly I found that I could pretty much always safely click the Trick button if I saw a Chansey or Florges on the opposing team as apparently they can't resist switching in on Mismagius. Pair it with SubCM Keldeo / Latias and profit !

As for your list if you successfully switch into knock off, you beat Krook, Crawdaunt, Machamp, and Empoleon with Virizion, Ampibom is a horrible pokemon, Weaville is currently banned so its a moot point, and mega Absol shouldn't run knock off because it loses Pay Rough. Assuming the same of Cobalion, you beat Krook, comes down to rolls on Mega Absol, Crawdaunt, Weavile, Ambipom, and Empoleon. Obviously you won't always predict right, but neither will you opponent, and you're looking at this completely wrong anyways. I never make a team looking to have a response to every usage of a move, I make a team that looks to beat all of the top threats, so even though there may be no universal response to Knock Off, I'm not convinced that a 97.5 bp move (for one turn only) is broken just because it also removes an item. It is definitely a really good move though that definitely makes it's abusers more powerful, and it should probably be looked into.
Id like to call this into question as to what good is Play Rough for Absol in this UU metagame over Knock Off?

These two sets to come into this debate:

(Mega) Absol @ Absolite
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
-Swords Dance/Night slash
-Sucker Punch
-Fire Blast
-Play Rough

(Mega) Absol @ Absolite
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
-Knock off
-Sucker Punch
-Super Power
-Psycho Cut/Fire Blast

Im advocating for the latter set. There is not many situations where play rough can overtop the power of Knock Off with coverage. Play Rough hits fighting, dark, and dragon. The former two are hit by Psycho Cut and Superpower and the dragons in UU are very few and between that they are hit for a KO by absol's other moves:

Latias: 252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Latias: 300-354 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Hydreigon: 252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 318-376 (97.8 - 115.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Haxorus: 252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 193-228 (63.9 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock KOed with any follow up move

Kyurem: 252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 318-376 (70 - 82.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Zygarde: 252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 150-177 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 150-177 (35.7 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 186-220 (44.2 - 52.3%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Kingdra: 252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 184-217 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 124-147 (42.6 - 50.5%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 228-270 (78.3 - 92.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 153-180 (52.5 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Noivern: 252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 211-250 (67.8 - 80.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Ampharos: 252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Ampharos: 91-108 (23.6 - 28.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Ampharos: 168-198 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Ill admit that play rough comes in handy against Ampharos and Zygarde. But not to the extent of using it over knock off. Majority of Dragons in UU are all OHKOed or 2HKOed by Knock Off+Follow up move. And those that think they are faster than Absol with choice scarf lose it upon entry. Even if they try to revenge kill with their choice scarf, its not like play rough has its merits anyways in that scenario.

Now on to the bulky fighters who can take a Knock off.

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 55-66 (14.4 - 17.3%) -- possible 8HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Absol Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 108-128 (28.4 - 33.6%) -- 33.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 138-164 (36.3 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chesnaught: 226-268 (59.4 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 96-114 (29.7 - 35.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 186-220 (57.5 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 238-282 (73.6 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 111-132 (36.7 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Psycho Cut vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 216-256 (71.5 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

6 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 6 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 188-222 (62.2 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 278-328 (92 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 105-125 (32.6 - 38.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Psycho Cut vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 204-242 (63.3 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 262-310 (81.3 - 96.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 175-207 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 71-84 (21.9 - 25.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

6 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 236-278 (72.8 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 234-276 (72.2 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 88-104 (27.1 - 32%) -- 81.6% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 115-136 (35.4 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Absol Psycho Cut vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 224-264 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

6 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Virizion: 144-170 (44.4 - 52.4%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 286-338 (88.2 - 104.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hitmontop: 44-52 (14.4 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-1 252 Atk Mega Absol Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hitmontop: 86-102 (28.2 - 33.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

6 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hitmontop: 82-97 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- 96.4% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-1 252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hitmontop: 110-130 (36.1 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 39-46 (11.6 - 13.7%)

252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 260-306 (77.8 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

For knock off against bulky fighters, it is superior especially with a coverage move. However Play rough comes for immediate power. But still doesnt compensate for using it over Knock Off.

jamashawalker, your Absol are running way more coverage than they really need. Why would you even consider Fire Blast? Steel doesn't resist Dark anymore.

Mega Absol's best set for sweeping/wallbreaking purposes is Swords Dance / Night Slash / Sucker Punch / Play Rough. Play Rough is super effective against anything that resists Dark, except for Fairies (who are still hit neutrally by Play Rough and aren't very physically bulky) and a few dual types (still hit neutrally).

Last edited:
jamashawalker, your Absol are running way more coverage than they really need. Why would you even consider Fire Blast? Steel doesn't resist Dark anymore.

Mega Absol's best set for sweeping/wallbreaking purposes is Swords Dance / Night Slash / Sucker Punch / Play Rough. Play Rough is super effective against anything that resists Dark, except for Fairies (who are still hit neutrally by Play Rough and aren't very physically bulky) and a few dual types (still hit neutrally).
That's a big misconception for absol to be considered a sweeper. It's not a sweeper. Its an all out attacker. Fire Blast is good for chesnaught, escavilier, Cobalion, does more damage to aggron than Superpower, roserade if you decide not to run psycho cut, Tangrowth and a couple of other bulky grass types.

And weavile has 120 Atk + 125 Spe + Sword Dance does more damage than absol thanks to life orb.People still prefer to use weavile as an all out attacker. Crawdaunt is another pokemon with a high atack and can boost its speed thanks to Dragon Dance and still try use all out attacer. And in the case of te SD set, Id still argue for Knock off + Superpower for Knock off being the STrongest STAB Absol has to attack with.(with its effective of course)

EDIT: Let's not forget the power of Knock off. The secondary effect that people have been wondering if it's broken or not. It truly is a powerful move that absol has at it's disposal that people arent taking advantage of.

Last edited:
I'd like to discuss this very unconventional Hawlucha set:
Hawlucha (F) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 52 Spd / 252 Atk / 204 HP
Adamant Nature
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

Ok, so this set is really good. You now auto activate Unburden whenever you want and have a 90 Dark-type move to nail the opposing Ghosts standing in the way of your sweep:
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 446-526 (170.8 - 201.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 368-434 (91 - 107.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock'
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cofagrigus: 296-350 (92.5 - 109.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
This set lacks recovery yes, but when does Hawlucha even have the chance to Roost? It isn't even bulky, I don't see the purpose. The EVs are all itn eeds to outspeed Scarf Noivern, which is enough because apparently that's a thing. 252 is a huge fucking waste, don't run that! Run enough to outspeed any Scarfers you need to! For instance, if for whatever reason you have an issue with Choice Scarf Jolteon, then run 96 Spe EVs, I don't know why you'd need too, but I guess it can be useful? This has so much more bulk, for instance:
252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hawlucha: 283-334 (94.9 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 204 HP / 0 SpD Hawlucha: 283-334 (81.3 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is larger than you'd think, as Hawlucha doesn't often come out early on, so Hazards can be removed and it is very often it will come in, only to have Chandelure switch in, then you can survive the Fire Blast and just Fling it into tomorrow! This set is very effective, I recommend trying it!

Also to anyone reading this thread, please don't actually start running Aerial Ace on Crawdaunt because it is already shitty enough to team build for :[ Let alone destroying the one mon that can actually switch on it and regain momentum for the opposing team :[
Guys. I found the perfect counter to Crawdaunt. A special Fighting sweeper named Keldeo doesn't seem to mind it's hits. Let's take a look:
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 161-190 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Keldeo 1HKOs in return. Please note, that if you are running the CM set(recommended if you are running lefties), you should always invest in bulk anyway, so why not enough to guarantee you are never 2HKO'd? I am not sure, but I haven't seen anyone mention it as a counter, so I decided to point this out.

Guys. I found the perfect counter to Crawdaunt. A special Fighting sweeper named Keldeo doesn't seem to mind it's hits. Let's take a look:
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 161-190 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Keldeo 1HKOs in return. Please note, that if you are running the CM set(recommended if you are running lefties), you should always invest in bulk anyway, so why not enough to guarantee you are never 2HKO'd? I am not sure, but I haven't seen anyone mention it as a counter, so I decided to point this out.
252+ Atk Life Orb Crawdaunt Aerial Ace vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 192-229 (53.4 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not only is that an extreme to counter one pokemon, but also it loses it's leftovers thanks to Knock off on the first switch.

Also, pretty sure that that is a 2HKO, and Secret Sword STILL 1HKO's. Keldeo is faster, takes the hit for 64%, then OHKO's anyway. I don't think that it is an extreme, just a measure to help KO a Pokémon. It's not the best counter, it's just it has gone unmentioned. I wanted to mention it, and it still counters it, unless you have all hazards on the field, in which case you are a terrible player and would lose anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)