Not open for further replies.
Fromt he statistics of January

XY UU Beta:
Offense 43,8%
Balance 37,7%
Hyper Offense 11,1%
Semistall 5,11%
Stall 2,15%.

To show that a pokemon is broken, you don't have to know if a pokemon is broken in the way a metagame is handled. Stall is having a 2,15% usage, that even it's not negligible, it's not that important. Stall is not the main way to play.

Pure stall is rare because it's very difficult to handle all the powerful threats of the metagame and in general people can't not have the time to rank up during battles of 100 turns.

There aremany sets that are not part of a stall team unless there's a team of 5 stall pokemon + the pokemon in questions: Example: any Assault Vest Pokemon.

If a pokemon is broke on stall teams, it doesn't mean it's broken. And this what I think I saw in some suspects. Obviously, Kyurem-B and Manaphy are broken in any time of team; but other are taking it in the way of "stall" that actually doesn't exist.

Exist many pokemon that has very few counters 8if any), but many checks and not difficult to revenge kill.

And if Crawdaunt is broken for some reason is exclusively because Knock Off. Crawdaunt has 63/85/55 defenses with 55 speed, which is bad.

Last edited:
What does anyone think about chansey getting BL'd again this generation? While it does have a weaknesses in the sense it now has to worry about its Eviolite knocked off.

My main gripe is that chansey is still a very useful wall without her eviolite (just not more ridiculously so) still able to wall basically any special attacker without something like Psyshock or secret sword. With the additional utility of being a cleric via heal bell. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if she didn't have the deoxys syndrome, where she outclasses every other wish passer and cleric in the tier.

With an Evioite, Chansey has equivalent of ridiculous 250/40/167 defenses but without still holds the top Pokemon of the following jobs:

- Special wall
- Cleric
- Wish Passer
- Status Absorber

Of course eviolite is the only way chansey can tank physical moves, but don't pretend like UU is just bulging out of its sides with mixed attackers now. Staple mixed attackers like Tornadus-T can't even take Chansey out with her eviolite on, having to rely on things like superpower to have a chance to 2HKO her. (which wont if she wishes or uses soft-boiled on the turn of the attack, thanks to the attack drop.

Even extremely powerful physical attackers like darmanitan don't stand a chance at killing her, only doing about 50% with its very feared flare blitz, while doing an astonishing 51%~60% damage to itself. Meaning if chansey soft-boiled or wish the turn darm uses flare blitz, it takes almost no damage and 2HKO's Darmanitan with recoil. Without the item, chansey can be taken out, but Darmanitan is still going to die smacking that huge 704 HP.

Maybe its just UU's shortage of useful fighting types that make chansey seem much worse than it is, but constantly passing those giant heal bombs that give FULL HP to any pokemon under 75 base HP invested and up to 105 uninvested, basically full healing anything that can switch in to the opposing pokemon. As well as being a nearly unbreakable wall, and a still formidable one after a knock off. Adding onto the fact that all she has to do is switch out to shake off a toxic, making you practically unable to drain her heal bells.

I definately think she should be looked at, while shes not very broken she just hyper-generalize the metagame, stunting a majority of the offensive side, making her team virtually unkillable with those gigantic wishes when used correctly and to her full extent.

What does anyone think about chansey getting BL'd again this generation? While it does have a weaknesses in the sense it now has to worry about its Eviolite knocked off.
This was a threat last Generation for what it is worth, it's just more common due to the buffs to Knock Off.

Also I feel it is worth mentioning that the general power level of UU has increased this generation, so Chansey may not be as unbreakable as it was.

I don't think it's BL material this generation, simply due to power creep.

There are also threats such as Mega Absol, who has Magic Bounce so cannot be statused, and can use Chansey as setup fodder for Swords Dance

Mega absol needs superpower to even touch chansey and is taken out in three tosses.

I'm not sure what is more popular on Absol but once the play rough set is identified then chansey knows she does not need to fear absol at all. But I am aware that knock-off/superpower is also a good set so I wont say its impossible to take chansey out, I just don't think that the power creep was enough and those gigantic wishes can punish any absol that tries to go for swords dance by switching in a full HP absol counter 100% of the time.

in addition to this, the power creep is true, I understand that, but unfortunately UU just isn't feeling it. Especially with the gigantic BL we're getting, any new found power is just too strong for UU to handle it seems. Most of the power creep we're seeing is with dark types, but they're just not strong enough to tackle a chansey, there are the super powerhouses in crawdaunt, but other than that, chansey is not all that threatened, and for every pokemon that does threaten here thare are 10 more common pokemon she is totally safe in front of and can easily do the job she needs to, completely repairing her team mates and being a big ol' stop sign to virtually any special attacker. (and a good portion of physical attacks)

And speaking of counters, what counters does chansey have that don't apply to pretty much every good wish passer in the tier? Chanseys bulk is superior to florges in every way (yes even without eviolite), the typing is arguably superior (nidoking doesn't hurt) and the ability to switch off statuses is an insane advantage. I'm not saying shes completely unbreakable, there are a lot of new things that make quick work of chansey (hawluncha comes to mind) but her ability to pass full heals to a vast majority of the tier and general outclassing every pokemon that does the same job (while she does other jobs and still does them better) she should at least be looked at.

About the early Crawdaunt discussion here, Crawdaunt causes switches to many walls. And when I said wall, it's walls and not tanks, who have a key difference.

Tanks are pokemon with great defenses at least from one side, while being decent from the other side, his HP is generally high, has an (Special) Attack or at least near 100, generally runs Leftovers except in a few cases and never runs Life Orb rarely uses moves with serious defensive drawbacks as STAB except a key case (has to justify it's use) .
Normally aren't invested heavily in speed and it normally it has

A wall is a pokemon that normally walls in one direction of the spectrum, almost never uses many SA attacks, has moves typical to stall, don't have good offensive presence, are meant to switch a lot.

The differences between a rank and a wall is the EV spread and the presence of some moves.

Chansey is a typical wall that can't tank, Slowbro is usually a tank but can be used as a wall and Arcanine is normally a tank.

Note: a tank normally don't use Speed EV (or a lot of them) and generally is the main flaw but in some cases a tank needs a lot of EV because competition... to the point that are tanks that havs 252+ Speed.

Please stop using usage statistics as the base of your argument saying stall sucks; it doesn't. "In general people can't have the time to rank up battle of 100 turns" is an example of your flawed logic. How does the number of turns have anything to do with a playstyle's viability? All you said was "Crawdaunt is a big threat to stall but it's no big deal bc no one wants to use stall and it is frail and slow and all you think its broken bc knock off?!!?!"
Crawdaunt is a very hard 'mon to switch into, with more offensive teams almost always having to pivot through resistant Pokemon/revenge kill it. It has Aqua Jet to pick off weakened Pokemon and Crabhamer + Aqua Jet eats into a large portion of the metagame. It has Knock Off, meaning that it serves utility aside from wallbreaking and can render item-reliant Pokemon such as Porygon2 helpless. It can run Aerial Ace to potentially hit counters in Poliwrath and Chesnaught for massive damage. It can also be used on Sticky Web teams to outspeed most Pokemon (the users suck, but still) after the drop and can proceed to 2HKO almost everything.
The only "counters" I see are Tangrowth, Chesnaught, and Poliwrath, because nothing else really wants to repeatedly switch in on this thing.

question for the people who think crawdaunt is broken: would it still be broken with crunch > knock off?
also @ the ones debating aerial ace vs superpower: you're both wrong. use swords dance to boost on the mega aggron / mega blastoise / suicune switchin and proceed to ohko them. or dragon dance and get some unexpected sweeping opportunities.
you'd be surprised how often crawdaunt gets to boost lol
Ive tried both and I just found crawdaunt very difficult to play with because crawdaunt is forced out after the SD or DDance. It's been a love and hate relationship with them lol. With the SD set, I loved the power. Being stronger than M-Lucario and hitting the majority of the metagame for at least neutral. But for some reason when i started running it, I ran into tons of Toxicroaks, chesnaughts, and Keldeos. With the DDance set I wasnt really happy with the speed increase because it still could be easily revenge killed. So far I just enjoyed playing crawdaunt as a pure all out attacker to break through walls, making it easier for hawlucha and/or another sweeper to do its just more cleanly. The power to make chesnaught crawdaunt's whipping boy with aerial ace has just been a big LOL.

Mega absol needs superpower to even touch chansey and is taken out in three tosses.

I'm not sure what is more popular on Absol but once the play rough set is identified then chansey knows she does not need to fear absol at all. But I am aware that knock-off/superpower is also a good set so I wont say its impossible to take chansey out, I just don't think that the power creep was enough and those gigantic wishes can punish any absol that tries to go for swords dance by switching in a full HP absol counter 100% of the time.
I'm trying to advocate Knock off+Superpower+ Fireblast because there's no need for play rough in this metagame. Ill add the fact that it can take care of chansey to the list, thanks.

I'm trying to advocate Knock off+Superpower+ Fireblast because there's no need for play rough in this metagame. Ill add the fact that it can take care of chansey to the list, thanks.
Keep in mind you need to knock off and/or swords dance before super power kills, if you're hitting Evolite, damage is going to go under 50% on the second one.

Keep in mind you need to knock off and/or swords dance before super power kills, if you're hitting Evolite, damage is going to go under 50% on the second one.

haha not like chansey can do much back in the mean time ;)

EDIT: On the sticky web note, how are people fairing with it? Personally I havent ran into many successful teams using it. Is it a good utlity to use in today's metagame?

EDIT: On the sticky web note, how are people fairing with it? Personally I havent ran into many successful teams using it. Is it a good utlity to use in today's metagame?
I've found Sticky Web hard to use, since the natural reaction I've faced is once its used a Defog / Rapid Spin user is brought out immediately and gets rid of it. I've tried using Shuckle for it, which is an okay Pokemon (access to Knock Off and Toxic is a plus), but it's been pretty underwhelming individually, which probably isn't helping my stance on Sticky Web. I'm currently unaware of any other viable users (Ariados / Masquerain lol?) and I'm rather bummed out by its piss-poor distribution.

My UU team runs Sticky Web and it's an incredibly powerful tool against teams that aren't prepared for it. Jolly Crawdaunt outspeeds up to base 105s that aren't carrying a Choice Scarf after a drop, but my team struggles with teams that have multiple fast Mons that have Levitate or are Flying-type. I actually got thrashed by Kokoloko last night who was using Tornadus-T and I didn't have an answer for it or Crocune. But in general, a team that has a lot of grounded stuff is going to be taken advantage of. Keldeo is one of the stars on my team, there's quite a few faster Pokemon that normally check it that are OHKO'd by LO Hydro Pump.

Crawdaunt vs ALL the threat in the Viability ranking (well, not all because too big, but at least what I can)

List
Chansey: True, Seismic Toss doesn't do enough and is completely crippled by Knock Off.
Hawlucha: KO vs KO. Hawlucha wins because it's faster.
Mega Houndoom Here it's great. None of Mega Houndoom attacks can OHKoO (unless Solar Beam, but has to set up the Sun manually). Luckily HP Fighting doesn't OHKO (goos to show the 60BP effect)
Hydreigon: OHKO by Focus blast or Draco Meteor. Only SuperPower can OHKO Hydreigon.
Magnezone: Has a chance of survive Super Power, but other attacks can 2HKO But Magnezone OHKoes it easily.

Slowbro: Normally a good switch in because all these moves are non effective against him.
Suicune: Depends of the Calm Mind and the ability of Rest/Sleep Tak Normally Crawdaunt wins.

Mega Blastoise: Ouch. Aura Sphere (a common move) makes him out. In orange, because Crawdaunt usually outspeed.
Chandelure The standard set is the Scarf Set. Normally loses against Energy Ball but Crawdaunt OHko with either of the STAB.
Chesnaught: A counter of him co peltely. Even Aerial Ace is not enough. Any of the attacks is a clear OHKO.
Crawdaunt. Mirror Match
Darmanitan Great becausxe Aqua jet OHKO but none of Darmanitan attacks doesn't.
Florges Double OHko between each other. Wins if Specially Defensive with Crabhammer. Loses if Physically Defensive.
Haxorus Given the low number of Steels and Fairies it could have a way to abuse Outrage if it does, it wins. if not, Knock off ill KO.

Mew For some it's a counter. For other sets is a check
Mienshao Mienshao wins the OHKO battle because it's way faster. Aqua Jet 2HKO. Depends of the situation, neither can't switch in.
Victini Normally wins with either of the STABs, but it can be OHKoed by Bolt Strike/Thunderbolt.
Zapdos The offensive set is OHKoed by Thunderbolt easily. But Crabhammer and Knock off OHKoes i. It's obviously faster.

Celebi Wins with Energy Ball/Giga Drain 8either of the two). But can OHKO with Knock Off.
Crobat Wins against utility sets. If it's a more offensive set, not that sure.
Heracross Wins with Megahorn and Clsoe COmbat even though it OHKoes with Crabhammer.

Hippowdon Earthquake doesn't KO. Crabhammer can OHKO. It has to deal with Sandstorm. Is not a counter but a possible check.
Jirachi if there were the pohysical set, the move with more danger is U-turn But given how it can run a special set, and is faster, uf, uf. OHKO by Knock Off.

Keldeo Faster, and OHKo with Secret Sword. If they have Focus Blast (only needs 2 moveset) it could be ridiculous. It's faster and we are dealing with the CS set.
Latias Dragon Oulse 2HKo. But given that in UU there's no Latios competence, normally uses Draco Meteor (offensive). Knock off clearly OHKOes as expected.
Mega Manectric It has to be lucky with Crabhammer. Harsh, harsh because either STAB OHKOes
Nidoking Good because Aqua jet can OHKO easily. But wither of the three of the most usual moves of Nidoking also OHKoes.
Reuniclus Good because Knock Off but Focus Blast also OHKoes easily. I put this color because it's slower.
Roserade Normally loses but Knock Off hurts and OHKO.
Shaymin Knock Off deals great damage (it OHKoes qith Aqua jet). It changes with Crunch. A good check with Seed Flare

Tornadus-T Normally wins but Hurricane usually OHKoes with ife Orb. Air Slash can OHKO except a small chance with leftovers/Assault Vest. However, STAB from Crawdaunt OHKOes.
Umbreon A great check, evena counter because it's slower.
Zygarde 50/50 literally. Considering Zygarde is faster, Knock off `Aqua jet can OHKo and Outrage has to be +1 to OHKO.

Mega Absol Play Rough can OHKo If not, Sucker Punch. But has paper defenses (Crabhamemr OHKOes)
Mega Aggron A great check, almost a counter But not a counter because Earthquake doesn'0t OHKO and can't switch easily.

Azelf Thunderbolt or not Thunderbolt. Depending of it, the result are different. Knock Off OHKOes regardless.
Empoleon Almost great if there's the common set. However, exist the risk of the offensive set, which means I put it on blue

Entei Sacred Fire is too mcuh, even though crabhammer OHKOes Depends of hax.
Krookodile Easy set up given ho0w Aqua jet does to him. Neither of the attacks OHKO Crawdaunt.
Kyurem Normally it loses but Knock off means it can't counter it.
Machamp. Literally the 50% of chance of OHKO with Crabhammer. obviously Dynamicpunch OHKO.
Metagross Thanks for resisting Meteor Mash and the Steel nerf.
Nidoqueen Given how Crawdaunt is faster, which means iffy-iffy.
Toxicroak Drain punch is too bad Not a counter thanks to Knock off. If Crunch, it could be red. AndCrabhammer means heal with Dry Skin.

Mega Aerodactyl Normally it wins aginst Aerodactyl easily.
Arcanine Intimidate and Close Combat means it has to click Crbahammer to OHKO.
Mega Ampharos A excellent check. Either oft three common moves OHKO Crawdaunt.

Bronzong Normaly it's Specially Defensive meanign Knock off is a clear OHKO. very low damage rolls means a safely good threat for Crawdaunt.
Cobalion The standard is Full offensive (even Jolly). Not a counter because Super Power. CC (or even Sacred Sword) OHKOes.
Doublade Gyro Ball is too slow that is too much. 50/50.
Drapion A great threat for Crawdaunt given netiher of OHKO.

Durant OHKo vs OHKO. Durant wins in this case because it's way faster.
Escavalier Megahorn OHKoes. but not a counter because 85% and huge damage from STAB.

Froslass A safe threat of Crawdaunt Unless Thunderbolt or Destiny Bond.
Heliolisk Knock off OHKOes but the standard ability is Dry Skin, meaning that the possibiity of pickignWarter moves is easy. Guess what Volt Switch and Thunderbolt does.
Honchkrow Paper defenses means the usual thing. But given how easy is to OHKO it can win easily.
Mismagius Thunderbolts OHKoes even with leftovers. knock Off clearly OHKOes.
Noivern It's a revenge killer and done a great good at what it does. Knock Off OHKoes as expected.
Raikou Same with Noivern with the OHKO in Crabhammer.

Rotom-H Crawdaunt wins with Crabhammer but Volt Switch.
Shuckle OHKo with Cradaunt A great aly but an easy pick for Crawdaunt.
Snorlax Iffy, iffy. Depends of the set used by Snorlax.
Tangrowth Almost a counter. Given thow Knock Off works, it's considered a counter.
Vaporeon Normally a safe threat. Knock off 2HKO. In blue because a more offensive set.
Vivillon Normally it loses because 97,5% Sllep powder and survives Aua Jet (ony one).

In other words:
Green (Safe switching in): 5 pokemon of the entire list has to switch out an dcause Crawdaunt to have a feee turn.
Blue (Normally wins): The listed is amplied to 16 pokemon that can threan by this pokemon by being walls, hav ing NVE moves or beign slower.
Yellow: Meams 50/50. Normally the situations depends mainly of small details (SR on/off, hax,etc) to deicde the outcome. 1q5 pokemon in.
In Orange, the most large list. This is allt he pokemon that can deal with Crawdaunt 1vs1. Generally many can'pt usually sitch in to all this moves (some can do to some of it, making it checks).
And in red, the counters of Crawdaunt.

Basically, Crawdaunt is like Rampardos, more or less. With two qualities that Rampardos dreams; priority and unresisted STAB.

Last edited:
Eievui-Nymphia, What definition of counter are you using?

Chestnaught can't not switch into aerial ace, it 2HKO's him. That's not a counter!
Toxicroak needs to run speed 16 speed EV's to out speed max speed adamant and 96 to out speed Jolly. Don't Toxicroaks generally run as max HP tanks? AA 2HKO's in both scenarios.
Tangrowth and keldeo both work, however, that's correct.

And I started using chansey, being able to heal mega aggron back to 100% HP is great.

mother of god nymphia i got a fucking seizure from reading that post

re: web: i haven't run it since bisharp but it has the potential to be really good. you've got things like specs exploud and crawdaunt who greatly appreciate the web to wallbreak easily. with bisharp's departure there really isn't anything that shits over sticky web now (empoleon loses defog if he runs defiant, for instance), except for maybe milotic.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Toxicroak needs to run speed 16 speed EV's to out speed max speed adamant and 96 to out speed Jolly. Don't Toxicroaks generally run as max HP tanks? AA 2HKO's in both scenarios.
True, but I would run 16 Speed EVs on Toxicroak to at least outrun Adamant Crawdaunt considering it is a very minor investment that's not going to cost Toxicroak much bulk, if any at all and the fact Crawdaunt is a serious threat. For that reason, Crawdaunt would have to use Jolly to ensure it outpaces Toxicroak. And then there's the odd special Toxicroak which will almost always run a high amount of Speed EVs since its priority is much weaker on average.

I think you're supposed to use Night Shade or Seismic Toss on Stallbreaker Mew. If you use Psyshock you're stuck with this (0 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 78-93 (19.3 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery, the PDef Mega Aggron calc is even more sad), and you can't even damage Umbreon.
Passive damage is a kicker my friend. I sacrifice speed for getting enough SpA to OHKO Rose after rocks as well. And then instead of topping off my HP then SpD, I top the SpD then go for an odd HP number.

I like using it with specially defensive Zapdos, because Mew definnitely doesn't like Blastoise coming in and ruining it's parade, so that's where I fit in the Defog. Skuntank has good synergy as well.

Passive damage is a kicker my friend. I sacrifice speed for getting enough SpA to OHKO Rose after rocks as well. And then instead of topping off my HP then SpD, I top the SpD then go for an odd HP number.

I like using it with specially defensive Zapdos, because Mew definnitely doesn't like Blastoise coming in and ruining it's parade, so that's where I fit in the Defog. Skuntank has good synergy as well.
oooh I've heard some talk of Skuntank before; what kind of set do you run though ? I'm assuming something like Poison Jab / Sucker Punch / Defog / Taunt with Lefties and max defense I guess but is it actually good ? It seems like it would have trouble against common setters like Hippowdon...

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I find the UU meta to be fun but very stally. It's shaping out but has a bit to go.

I know PO ==/== PS, but I think it's interesting to bring up.

PO hasn't banned much unlike Smogon. In the PO metagame Politoed nor Ninetales hasn't even reach 4% usage and it means they are going to LU (what we call RU). It's the same PO that has almost all Smogon threats, and some bonus like Donphan, Forretress, Salamence.

Right now PO consider this Pokemon OU while until Antar post the stats are UU/BL:
-Chansey, Ditto, Keldeo, Latias,

Right now PO consider these Pokemon UU
They are OU in Smogon: Breloom, Goodra, Salamence, Trevenant,
They are BL in Smogon: Doexys-D, Deoxys-S, Diggersby, MGardevoir, MHeracross, Manaphy (surprisingly, and isn't on the Top), Scolipede.

For PO Donphan is considered LU (the only Eeveelution in UU is Umbreon, Sylveon was up to OU after being the queen of PO UU).

In OU, the only difference is that Genesect is unbanned yet. They are also suspecting Swagplay ike Smogon for OU.

This means that Politoed, Ninetales (with his infamous abilities) are currently LU/RU in PO.

PO is going to be funny: Florges has to wall two tiers at once at the same time, UU and LU, during two months. In one, Sylveon, Chansey and Latias are out; while in LU is basically the only reliable Fairy in the tier, and she has to invest in defense to see one thing that it's going to be "broken", Haxorus and his insane 147 Base Attack.

I'm struggling to get the right team together, but as far as I can tell DD Zygarde is a fucking beast. His typing is good enough to switch into a lot of things in the tier without worry, and from there he can get off a DD with great ease due to his stupidly good 108/121/95 bulk and start punching holes with +1 Outrage and Earthquake. I'm not sure what to run for the last move either (I run Extremespeed so that Zygarde has some extra utility in being a revenge killer, plus its not like Zygarde really wants anything else other than Stone Miss anyway), but either way, this thing really needs more love. He sits in a convenient speed tier where its really hard to revenge him at +1 with scarf users (i'm pretty sure scarf keldeo isn't very common in this meta, but for that matter, Adamant Zderp hits 433 speed after a DD, so he's beating most variants of Mega Aerodactyl because they never invest fully in speed)

Similarly, Coil Zygarde is also amazing: Dragon Tail shuffling is pretty good and a Restalk set gives him excellent longevity to complement Coil. It's a pity that Zygarde's STABs are all tanked by something, but it's still decent enough.

Zygarde has pretty much benefitted with the loss of Weavile (and even then, +1 Extremespeed does a number to Weavile anyway), a top-tier check to Zygarde. The DD set holds surprisingly good power and Outrage is often enough to leave a giant hole in the opponent's team for a sweep by another Pokemon. The only reliable stops to Zygarde are fairy-types (Steels can only come in on an Outrage), so it's really something.

tl;dr: i suk at explain use zygarde zderp is god

yea Zygarde is definitely flavor of the week on the ladder at the moment and sadly players are beginning to catch up. Random Ice Beams on bulky waters are to be expected now and no one is running HP Grass on Manectric anymore. Still Zygarde behind a sub is so freaking hard to deal with, especially if hazards are up and your check is scarf Hydreigon lol.

Anyway now that I've stopped trying to make AV Tornadus-T work and just run LO this thing is amazing. It's just so hard to deal with for those cookie cutter slow bulky teams who only pack a Scarfer weak to U-turn/Air Slash (ie Hydreigon, Mienshao...) and Keldeo or sthg because it can just come in on so much stuff and a combination of decent bulk and Regenerator means it's nigh impossible to wear down. And I mean it's kinda predictable in the sense that you know it's gonna Knock Off stuff then U-turn out etc... but actually it has so many viable options (Grass Knot is an underrated but excellent choice because many teams rely on Hippo or Slowbro to check Tornadus-T; you could be that next level guy who runs itemless Acrobatics; I've actually been wrecked by Tailwind + Haxorus once...). It's also picking up steam on the ladder like those random Regenerator teams and tbh the only thing I've found that shuts it down reliably is Zapdos. Any thoughts on Tornadus-T ? I think it's just one of those Pokemon who are really really good and annoying but not exactly broken.

252+ Extremespeed can pick off weak targets and Dragon Dance means that it's not easy to revenge Zygarde as anything revenging it will need to eat a +1 Extremespeed first (unless it's in the middle of Outrage... seriously why the fuck doesn't this thing get anything else other than Dragon Tail ._.).

Things that Zygarde doesn't mind switching into include Zapdos and Mega Aerodactyl. Zapdos rarely runs HP Ice as his movepool is stupidly cramped (Thunderbolt, Roost, Toxic, Defog, Substitute, Heat Wave??), and Mega Aerodactyl will take forever to kill Zygarde: meanwhile DD variants can dance up to +1 and outrun (let's face it: no mega aero should be running jolly 252 lol), smacking it with Stone Edge or Outrage. Sub variants can sub up before Zapdos can Toxic, and then use it as setup fodder.

Too bad Zygarde didn't learn dragon rush, It would be very threatening on his coil set.
But I can understand why it doesn't learn claw, with those stubby arms.

Personally I think his best set is sub coil, EQ and Espeed can nail everything but Mismagius and Bronzong in the UU Tier.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 HP (405 HP) / 252 SDef
Adamant or Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Running max sp.def lets him avoid some for sure 2HKO's and makes special attackers really have to be invested to break his subs without ice attacks Leaving the only special attacker in UU he really fears, Nidoking. However, if Nidoking is brave enough to switch in on the sub EQ + Espeed will take it out.

4 SpA Slowbro Ice Beam vs. 192 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 196-232 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 192 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 168-200 (41.4 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 192 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 60-72 (14.8 - 17.7%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 192 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 180-216 (44.4 - 53.3%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 192 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 106-126 (26.1 - 31.1%) -- 7.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 192 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 103-123 (25.4 - 30.3%) -- 0.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

I was sceptical about Latias being in UU, but now I see it rather balanced instead. On the other hand, Hydreigon seems to be to powerful for UU, though I was expecting the exact opposite because of pink blobs, special move nerf and Assult Vest.
Guess the saying "never judge a book by its cover" is right after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)