NPC PWT: Gym Leaders edition [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
in as misty

and question, if we want to use a set that already has an item, we may not substitute it, correct?

in as clemont #ILLUMIS #PARIS #PSG #IBRAHIMOVIC
With regards to the gen 6 gym leaders, while not strictly banned they do not qualify due to them only having 3-4 pokemon available (due to species clause) this is a full 6v6 tournament.

I have to add a new rule!
Due to the high number of pokemon with multiple moves banned due to smogon clauses, (Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause) I have added a new rule as follows;
  • Pokemon with 2 or more banned moves may substitute 1 move from another pokemon owned by that gym leader of the same species

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
With regards to the gen 6 gym leaders, while not strictly banned they do not qualify due to them only having 3-4 pokemon available (due to species clause) this is a full 6v6 tournament.

I have to add a new rule!
Due to the high number of pokemon with multiple moves banned due to smogon clauses, (Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause) I have added a new rule as follows;
  • Pokemon with 2 or more banned moves may substitute 1 move from another pokemon owned by that gym leader of the same species
question: so pokemon with one banned move get only three attacks? :[

edit: okay that's cool

Last edited:
question: so pokemon with one banned move get only three attacks? :[
Unfortunately yes. This was an extremely hard decision to make but it ultimately comes down to balance.
The problem was the unexpected number of banned moves, there are 5 possible solutions;
1. Let pokemon with 1 or more banned move sub moves with another pokemon of the same species owned by that character.
2. Let pokemon with 2 banned moves sub one move with another pokemon of the same species owned by that character.
3. Let pokemon with 2 banned moves sub both moves with another pokemon of the same species owned by that character.
4. Let pokemon with 2 banned moves sub one move with another pokemon of the same species owned by that character.
5.Do not allow any substitutions.

Solution 1 2 and 3 assume that there is another pokemon to sub moves with. If that is not the case however, then any pokemon with banned moves and no one to sub with is pretty much screwed. On the other hand, you could also make the argument that being able to choose 1-2 moves form possibly multiple sets gives that player an unfair advantage. An argument could then be made that they should not be allowed to substitute moves and instead pick another version of that pokemon if one is available. I believe Solution 4 is the most fair because it lets pokemon with 2 banned moves be usable, without giving that player an advantage. While at the same time being fair to pokemon with 1 banned move and no substitutions.

Its not perfect but I believe its fair. If you or a mod would like to discuss it further please send me a PM.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Quick question, are we playing this on BW2 ou or XY ou? I'm asking since there are some mechanic changes between gens so :X

Quick question, are we playing this on BW2 ou or XY ou? I'm asking since there are some mechanic changes between gens so :X
Lets keep it current x/y, I'll add that to the op. I had honestly forgotten to add that but funny enough when I applied to host the tournament, there wasnt an XY ou yet!

Edit: There has been some concern over the use of gems or other moves/strategies being incompatible with xy ou, after further review I have decided to revert the format to bw ou.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
in as Morty

edit: wait what happens if they're holding gems? do we substitute that for another item?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)