NU Discussion Thread (Mark II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this question yesterday in the questions and answers thread but nobody replied. >_> So I'll ask it here since Torkoal is NU.

Ok, so I'm getting this Torkoal with a quite nature (252 in S.Atk) and curse, amnesia, a fire move(most likely Flamethrower) and a physical move(most likely EQ). I'd go for Gyro ball but EQ has better coverage. Stone Edge is also an option or I could pick Iron defence instead of curse and use Earth Power.

But anyway, my main question is: Should I go for 252 in hp or Sp. Def? with EV's it's Sp. Def is over 500 points higher at +6(though I'm not quite sure how the calculation is done. If the second Amnesia doubles the already doubled sp.def, then this is correct but if it always grows by the same amount, then not). But max hp also helps it's physical defence.
I'd really appreciate a quick reply.

though i would not recommend the use of moves like amnesia i say you should max out hp. torkoal get more def from hp evs then Def evs while still boosting his special defense(or ability to take special hits, whatever).

though i would not recommend the use of moves like amnesia i say you should max out hp. torkoal get more def from hp evs then Def evs while still boosting his special defense(or ability to take special hits, whatever).
I have another, more standard spinner Torkoal too, just wanted to try something like this out. But yea, thanks.^^

Yeah go for 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp def/Sp atk. It's more pontifical. I use tokoal a lot in NU and I must say, as a spinner it's amazing. I'm going to say, as a spinner only it's out classed by sandhrew but I use yawn or WoW and it's a amazing wall. Not only that it gets explosion and lava plume (30% burn chance FTW)

Torkoal is fantastic, because it beats the likes of Sandslash and Nidoqueen in 1on1. Bulky Sandslash(the most common, as far as I know) loses every time(assuming Torkoal came in on SR), unless WoW misses more than once. After Sandslash burned, Torkoal has free time to spin away SR and Fire Blast Sandslash with spare time. The only problem is the water weakness.

If only NU had a specially-based Rapid Spinner, like Blastoise. Wartortle is a horrible replacement, and Staryu/Tentacool aren't worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)