NU RMT and first post...

Introduction:
This is my first RMT, and my first post, so I hope it's a good one! This is an offensively based team, basically trying to make sure rocks aren't up and the opponent's team is weakened when Charizard comes in to finish it.

Team At A Glance:

Wait, WHAT?

Team in detail:

The Lead
Purugly (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Hypnosis
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

Yup. No fake out. You'd think I'm crazy, but the exchange for a free moveslot is worth it. I run Taunt to, you know, taunt, Hypnosis is useful for sleep-inducing sleepiness, U-turn does a fantastic job at scouting, and Sucker Punch makes fun times with Taunt. I use Lum to combat status, and Life Orb's recoil further supports that decision.

Bulky Offense

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Super Fang
- Brine
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Once again, move synergy. Super Fang breaks those tough nuts, and also is useful with Brine. Ice Beam is for coverage, and I don't see the use for Roar, so I would like an idea or two.

Status Support

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Magnet Rise

I've changed Wiggly out for Magneton, and it's been good so far. Thunderbolt and HP Ice give perfect coverage in NU, Thunder Wave helps by crippling fast sweepers, and Magnet Rise is to avoid E-quakes.(and raise the roof) I'm not sure about the EVs and nature, so if you have ideas, don't hesitate.

Revenge Killer

Pinsir (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

If something goes down, I turn to Pinsir. Unless it's a ghost. I pretty much run X-scissor for STAB; and CC, Frustration, and Stone Miss for coverage. And no, I am not going to use Earthquake over Frustration unless you provide a good reason. If you can find a better revenger, I might try it.

Spinner

Hitmonchan (M) @ Muscle Band
Trait: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Don't laugh. Yes, I'm using Hitmonchan as a spinner. It usually works, and it's not bad at offense. CC for lotsa powah, Mach Punch is for Priority, and Ice Punch is for coverage. Muscle Band is for no recoil, but I could use Life Orb instead, or maybe Black Belt.

Late-game Cleaner

Charizard (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

"I am heavy weapons guy. And this is my weapon."
So, this is it. The late-game cleaner that is Charizard pummels everyone that doesn't resist flying down. All the time when I come in and I'm facing a grass type, they switch to a water type and I flinch it to death. Hidden Power and Focus Blast are my choice of coverage, but better ideas will be looked upon.

Replaced Teammates:

Wigglytuff (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cute Charm
EVs: 44 HP / 216 Def / 248 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Sing
- Counter
- Seismic Toss

Wigglytuff was lagging behind with Purugly doing all the sleep-inducing, and I felt a lack of special offense, so I switched it out. T-wave and Sing were for status, Counter counters, and Seismic Toss did more damage than you'd think. If you think I should switch back, tell me.

So, that's it. My first post and first RMT. I would like suggestions.

I'll admit you don't need EQ on Pinsir! Mach Punch gains STAB over Bullet Punch on Chan, and BP is redundant with your type coverage anyways. Counter is useful on Wiggly because if it survives, you have a nearly-guaranteed KO on the opposition. Don't remove it. Seismic Toss does exactly the amount of damage I'd expect, by the way. A solid one-hundred. Wiggly is ghost-phobic, though, so if desperate, you could replace a status move with some way to hit them. Walrein is amazing, eben outside weather, with the FangBrine combo. Roar is good to get rid of a Pokemon you don't like and even if they come back in, you can hit them on the switch. Walrein is bulky enough to take most unboosted hits. I find your Purugly a little odd, but as I have no knowledge of how to use it I'll just leave it. Pokemon is partly about personal choice, anyway. *Smogon's secret ninjas run away with the trainers refusing to use Scizor...* Congrats on your first NU RMT and post! ;)

Thanks for the tips, but I'd rather keep Wiggly the same. Do you think I should switch it for Jumpluff? The extra speed helps when it comes to sleeping, but I lose some offensive power in the process.

Purugly seems weird. There are better anti-leads, like Medicham or even Sneasel. If you're going to use him, at least use Fake Out and Focus Sash.

I would recommend you to change Wiggly to defensive Gligar. Gligar has better typing, is immune to Electric attacks and can setup rocks. Rocks would be something valueble to have in your team. Even if you don't wanna change Wiggly, at least use a moveset of (Seismic Toss / Wish / T-Wave / SR).

I also have a reason for you to use EQ on Pinsir. NU is the tier that lots of Poison threats reside.

Gligar moveset would be:

Gligar @ Leftovers
Impish
Hyper Cutter
252 HP / 252 Def

~ EQ
~ Roost
~ Taunt
~ SR

Sorry for the quick RMT. I'm just tired.

About Purugly, it plays similarly to Persian, but I prefer it because it has Sucker Punch, and Persian doesn't get it.
I also use Purugly for more Attack, because even though Persian gets technician, I'm not using Fake Out.

I might consider Gli, but I'd rather have status than hazards, especially sleep.

And no, I haven't had trouble with poison types, so I don't need EQ. Also, flying types are everywhere, whereas ghost types aren't common and Haunter has Levitate.

Welcome to the *uh-hum* Glorious Depths of NU =)

I've gotta say, the team has very little wrong, if you can work with purugly (as others have stated, I've never used it but if it works, ok). To be honest everyone expects a fake out, so you just hypnosis whatever they switch in to save their sash, right?

I would give focus blast on Charizard a go, if you don't mind the shakey accuracy...

It's always good to see Walrein who aren't being used to stall, I like that, and why should anyone laugh at Hitmonchan, we ARE in NU afterall. Pinsir is one of the NU Royalty imo, and more of them should be seen elsewhere, pity heracross was moved down to UU really.....

Overall, pretty cool, I'd give you a game but my team isn't really that ready....

Glorious. :happybrain:

Anyway, I'm glad you liek my team, and U-turn helps with scouting when the sash-saving switch usually happens, causing fun times.

I'll use FB on Charizard, of course, because that's the standard...

About Hitmonchan, I said "don't laugh" because I'm using it as a spinner.

Keep commenting! ...please?

nice team ya got there.
Don't use purugly, its horrible. Why not try lead jumpluff. Its bulkier and more useful.
jumpluff@leftovers
252 hp 252 spe 4 def | jolly
ability: anyone you want
~sleep powder
~u turn
~encore
~aromatherapy
He'll be a 100% more useful because hes a cleric, provides better sleep support, encore support, nice typing, scouting, and hes bulkier + he looks better. Give him a spin

Walrien's offense.... not very good. Since you have no entry hazards try Nidoqueen
nidoqueen@leftovers
252 hp 252 def/spdef 4 satk | bold/calm
poison point
~toxic spikes / taunt
~stealth rocks
~earth power
~fire blast
Since you have a huge menatric weakness, this will help you deal with him since she's sooo bulky and allows you to lay down some entry hazards.

wigglytuff is pretty good but this set... isn't very good.
try 252 hp 252 def or sdef 4 spe (def if nidoqueens sdef and vise versa)
~wish
~protect
~s toss
~toxic / t wave

ok now if you've followed all the options you're lacking a special sweeper. Espeon's your cat. I've used her and got all the way to rank 2 in NU and she's one of the main reasons. 130 satk and 110 speed is scary. The coverage she gets with her attacks is just epic

espeon @ life orb or expert belt
252 satk 252 spe 4hp | timid
ability: she only gets one
~psychic
~substitute
~hp ground
~signal beam / grass knot but signal beam is preferred

use it and see if you like it! She's no revenge killer but the nu tier lacks effective pokemon that can take on espeon. Just use her, you wont regret it.

Hitmonchan is fine but try thunderpunch over ice punch as it can hit slowbro better.

Charizard is a good sweeper in general but you should give sub belly drum a chance. I've used it on my rank 2 team and its powerful since it gets many opportunities with sleep support.

charizard @ salac berry
252 hp 252 spd 30 hp iv's 4 def | jolly
blaze
~substitute
~fire punch
~thunder punch/ earthquake
~belly drum
Just try it out and see if you like it.

nice team ya got there.
Don't use purugly, its horrible. Why not try lead jumpluff. Its bulkier and more useful.
jumpluff@leftovers
252 hp 252 spe 4 def | jolly
ability: anyone you want
~sleep powder
~u turn
~encore
~aromatherapy
He'll be a 100% more useful because hes a cleric, provides better sleep support, encore support, nice typing, scouting, and hes bulkier + he looks better. Give him a spin

PURUGLY IS NOT HORRIBLE... yeah, I won't use Jumpluff in place of Purugly, but I might use it in another slot. Even then, I'd like to have some offense, and Jumpluff doesn't have Seismic Toss... ...yet... FIX IT NOW NINTENDO.

Walrien's offense.... not very good. Since you have no entry hazards try Nidoqueen
nidoqueen@leftovers
252 hp 252 def/spdef 4 satk | bold/calm
poison point
~toxic spikes / taunt
~stealth rocks
~earth power
~fire blast
Since you have a huge menatric weakness, this will help you deal with him since she's sooo bulky and allows you to lay down some entry hazards.

Manectric, eh? ... I could use Cradily, but I don't have problems, so I don't need a solution.

wigglytuff is pretty good but this set... isn't very good.
try 252 hp 252 def or sdef 4 spe (def if nidoqueens sdef and vise versa)
~wish
~protect
~s toss
~toxic / t wave

I don't see the use for Wish often, and much less in NU. I use Sing quite often.(and I often end up facepalming due to sleep clause)

ok now if you've followed all the options you're lacking a special sweeper. Espeon's your cat. I've used her and got all the way to rank 2 in NU and she's one of the main reasons. 130 satk and 110 speed is scary. The coverage she gets with her attacks is just epic

espeon @ life orb or expert belt
252 satk 252 spe 4hp | timid
ability: she only gets one
~psychic
~substitute
~hp ground
~signal beam / grass knot but signal beam is preferred

use it and see if you like it! She's no revenge killer but the nu tier lacks effective pokemon that can take on espeon. Just use her, you wont regret it.

I'd rather not... I already have a special sweeper. Maybe I'll make a team starring Espy, but this team has Charizard, and I don't see a problem with that.

Hitmonchan is fine but try thunderpunch over ice punch as it can hit slowbro better.

Nah. I've had better use with Ice Punch, and Slowbro is UU.

Charizard is a good sweeper in general but you should give sub belly drum a chance. I've used it on my rank 2 team and its powerful since it gets many opportunities with sleep support.

charizard @ salac berry
252 hp 252 spd 30 hp iv's 4 def | jolly
blaze
~substitute
~fire punch
~thunder punch/ earthquake
~belly drum
Just try it out and see if you like it.

Charizard was made to be a special sweeper, so I'm not changing it to physical.
comments in BOLD.

Why are you running a Hardy nature on Walrein? Switch to Modest.
THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS... AGH... ...must fix... *twitches*

jumpluff isn't meant for offense power, it's used on offensive teams becuase it has good bulk and has good speed. Its awesome support movepool is used to get momentum on offensive teams.

I need some offense, meaning S-toss or Night Shade. Blissey and Wigglytuff can use Seismic Toss, but Jumpluff can't? FIX IT NOW NINTENDO...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)