NU Warstory: Down to the Wire

Yeah, great battle guys! Respect for using the lesser used nu pokes (such as clamperl, solrock, banette and raticate)

I really do hope this gets more people to play nu.

We have had a plethora of shit warstories on this, from users I've never heard of, so naturally I thought this would follow suit.

I was wrong, great battle and great commentry from both of you. My only gripe is that you should have use Surf with Wailord (kills Gliscor, hits switchins harder) as then Tauros would have most likely died, or gotten very close to it, guaranteeing you a win instead of making it 50/50.

Good job though guys :).
I myself have been running Water Spout, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Selfdestruct. He may have been running the same set.

And yeah, I had the same thought on the shit stories by shit users.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really liked this warstory. Being an UU player myself, I'm thinking of getting into NU as well. And this warstory's just enhanced that desire.

4/5.

Well done for a very nice warstory...

Anyone knows when the NU ladder is coming up... if at all>?

Well done!

I've seen some other NU warstories, but this was the best of the lot. A fast paced offensive battle with a lot of strategy behind it. Those are the warstories I like the best!

***** (If I could ;p)

There isn't so much commentary as the big bulky blocks of text in the Archive, but I have to say the best Warstories have equal thought and play in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Linoone gets Switcheroo, not Trick? Ah well, same thing.
Linoone gets both Switcheroo and Trick (Trick by chain-breeding IIRC).

Also the problem with giant wads of text is that we both knew the other would be writing as well, and we didn't want to write an excessive amount, thus boring the reader. But seeing as a few people mentioned this, point taken.

I only need to ask one question - 4 taunt users ? Do you really need that many taunt users ?
In all fairness, having multiple taunters is pretty good in NU, where there are a wealth of Pokemon who can become potentially overpowering if you give them the chance to set-up. It also really takes stall attempts to pieces.

Okay, first, on shoddy, it says hypnosis missed banette when it's immune to it.
No, on Shoddy if a sleep move hits a Pokemon immune to it, there is no "the attack missed" message as if the attack hit, yet the Pokemon does not fall asleep. In this case the Hypnosis actually missed Banette.

My only gripe is that you should have use Surf with Wailord (kills Gliscor, hits switchins harder) as then Tauros would have most likely died, or gotten very close to it, guaranteeing you a win instead of making it 50/50.
The moveset was actually Water Spout, Ice Beam, Selfdestruct, and HP Electric. HP Electric is to hit waters such as Mantine, and Gyarados when I use the team in OU. But your point is correct, I overpredicted, and I noted in the battle that I should have used Water Spout. Oh well.

Well done for a very nice warstory...

Anyone knows when the NU ladder is coming up... if at all>?
I spoke briefly to DJD about this and he said it wasn't one of Smogon's priorities. However, we have had a significant increase in the number of people coming on the NU Find Tab recently, so in joining our little community you not only get to play a bit in the tier but also make the point to Smogon a little bit more that we would appreciate an NU ladder, as pushed as I'm sure the Smogon time and resources for such a thing are.

Anyway, thank you very much for all the comments, especially from the VGC crew and the current NU crew, Luphrous and I really appreciate it. Hope to see more of you on the Find Tab. Cheers guys!

I think they are being too easy on you. :p
You made quite a few bad predictions, and it really couldn't grasp my attention. A valient effort though; definately better than alot of warstories I've seen.
Something like a props & slops section at the end would have been nice.
A good start.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heh this is so much better than my warstory (probably the best NU warstory yet!)

The formatting was clean and the battle was nice and fast paced. As for all the people complaining about the last few turns it's very difficult to find a really good battle in NU due to there not being many people playing it.

Hopefully we'll get a ladder soon!

EDIT: I'm DA_Test10 :P

This was quite entertaining. The commentary from both sides is great to get an idea of what both players are thinking. I also liked how the teams and moves weren't revealed, it made it more exciting and suspenseful.
And NU's lack of Scizor, Salamence etc made it more interesting too.

Nice warstory,
I usually don't play very much but this made me start thinking up teams for NU. Hmm, off to Shoddy...
--Rap

One of the Best WarStories I've read.
After reading this I've been playing NU and its reallly fun

So much diversity and so many more pokemon to use in your teams

You guys should Check it out ; )

The battle was full of prediction since turn 1 and you guys commenting on it here really showed it all. It's definitely more pleasant to read what both battlers were thinking rather than only one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)