Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HG randomizer also gives you Level 100 Tentacool on the water, if memory serves. In other news, I plan on starting a HG Nuzlocke after I finish my Poisonmono challenge.

So here we go, started a Emerald Nuzlocke run with Treecko

Rules:

Must catch 1st pokemon seen on route (no dupllicates)
Nickname all Pokemon
If faints, permanently released
Set battle style
No healing outside of battle

Update #1: New friends, carelessness, and being lucky

Moved to Littleroot Town to begin a new Pokemon adventure. After walking around and hearing Prof. Birch in trouble, I came to his rescue by borrowing a Treeko to kill of a Zigzagoon. We bonded during this time and a bond grew between my and my hasty little green friend, so the professor entrusted me to him. I named him Zizman. After training around my hometown, I journeyed out past Oldale and beat May's Torchic easily in a battle. After getting some pokeballs, I decided to make some new friends.

Pokemon caught: Wolfy the Poochyena (Route 103) and Wormy the Wurmple (Route 102)

After starting to create a pokemon team, I decide to head to Petalburg to show my dad the progress I am making. Wolfy and I began training, getting her up to speed with Zizman, who had gained quite a few levels. One such battle encountered another Poocheyna one level lower.

I sent out Wolfy and the two engaged in a long game of tacking each other. Both of them were weakened, but Wolfy had almost managed to kill it. Wolfy was breathing heavily, but I assured her, "You're a good girl, after this we will head to a pokemon center." I calculated from the way the battle was going that Wolfy should be able to take one more hit from the wild dog.

The wild Poochyena leaped forth and knocked down Wolfy. I picked her up and ran away from the battlefield, running towards the pokemon center. I handed her to the nurse, but a sad look came on her face. "She's dead." I made a promise that that fate shall never befall any of my friends.

Mourning Wolfy's loss, I figured I need to be more careful. I ventured out onto the route again, raising up Wormy enough to evolve into a Cascoon. I did not want Wormy to suffer the same fate. I came dangerously close when battling a youngster with a Taillow (bad move when you only have a bug type and a grass type). After spamming harden on his Zigzagoon, Wormy was able to poison the bird and land a critical-hit using tackle, weakening it enough for poison to kill it off. If the battle had lasted any longer, I shudder to think what would have happened.

After meeting my dad, he seemed rather unsympathetic towards my loss-he just had me go with some noob to catch a pokemon. I continued onward towards the ocean where I caught Marill, nicknaming her Bubbles. But Bubbles will never replace Wolfy.

My Team:
Zizamn (Treeko, Male, Hasty) - Level 9
Wormy (Cascoon, Male, Rash) - Level 7
Bubbles (Marill, Femal, Serious) - Level 8

RIP:
Wolfy (Poochyena, Female, Naughty) - Level 4

I really want to do a Nuzlocke right now, as my family and I are driving up to Niagara Falls over the weekend and I want something to do in the car, but I can't decide which game to use. So, the next poster can decide my fate. I have Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, White, and White 2. You can choose my starter, too, I guess.

I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke run of White. Just finished the 6th gym with a team of: Samurott, Darmanitan, Stoutland, Boldore, Maractus, and Unfezant. Incredibly, I have no deaths as of yet :3. I realize I still have a ways to go, but is White just an easy game to Nuzlocke? Has anybody here completed a perfect run (no deaths) in any game?

I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke run of White. Just finished the 6th gym with a team of: Samurott, Darmanitan, Stoutland, Boldore, Maractus, and Unfezant. Incredibly, I have no deaths as of yet :3. I realize I still have a ways to go, but is White just an easy game to Nuzlocke? Has anybody here completed a perfect run (no deaths) in any game?
the unova games in general have audino, which really helps to grind to a safe range without real worry. that makes them easier; but i believe someone said that it's not the easiest. i'm not sure where that list is, though.

I've completed one perfect run - FireRed. I decided about halfway to try to solo with Snorlax, and succeeded - of course, I also used Repels in the Power Plant to get to Zapdos, so I had that too. My final team was Blastoise lvl 40, Snorlax lvl 60, Zapdos lvl 56, Jolteok lvl 42, Gyarados lvl 30, and something else, like an HM slave.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
How did you get past the first and second gyms!? Every time I try them in a nuzlocke I fail, with the exception of once where my team was completely weak to flying and so skyla had a field day with my team.

In my opinion, B2 and W2 are the easiest. The early-game is much easier (Azurill for president, if you miss it then tepig is pretty good as well) and I have completed one of the two nuzlockes I have completed on it. And the other one. :3

I thought that might happen. Ugh. Well, I'll do it anyway. I'll probably give a few updates from time to time but I'll get pretty far through tomorrow on the drive. And then I'll only have mobile, so we'll see if I do any updates.
Honestly Chikorita is a fine starter for Soulsilver. She'll save you against Whitney and Clair for sure. For the first few gyms just hope for a Geodude or grab Rocky if you snag a Bellsprout early.

The fun thing about HGSS is that it is really easy to get a lot of Pokemon early on. And with the Primo eggs you can get some pretty quality Pokemon without using up your 1-per-route rule.

HOLY SHIT DEMO GORGON IS BACK AND ALIVE

But yeah, Soulsilver is pretty cool. If you get lucky you can catch a Jynx or Swinub on the Ice Path or w/e it is before Blackthorn. And yeah, don't worry about Falkner, you'll probably get a Geodude. If not, just overlevel a Rattata or something. Same for Bugsy.

How did you get past the first and second gyms!? Every time I try them in a nuzlocke I fail, with the exception of once where my team was completely weak to flying and so skyla had a field day with my team.

In my opinion, B2 and W2 are the easiest. The early-game is much easier (Azurill for president, if you miss it then tepig is pretty good as well) and I have completed one of the two nuzlockes I have completed on it. And the other one. :3
Well I caught a roggenrola early on who is surprisingly the best member on my team. His attack and defence are high and when he evolved to boldore i gave him an eviolite and he is such a tank now. He's also great against almost every gym: Lenora, Bugsy, Elesa, Skyla, Brycen....

Well I caught a roggenrola early on who is surprisingly the best member on my team. His attack and defence are high and when he evolved to boldore i gave him an eviolite and he is such a tank now. He's also great against almost every gym: Lenora, Bugsy, Elesa, Skyla, Brycen....
Roggenrola is easily one of my favorite Pokemon. While he is really good on a normal run, I think it is too risky to use in a Nuzlocke. Despite what people say, I think rock is the worst typing (Yet still one of my favorite *shrugs*). Weak to Grass, Water, Ground, Fighting, and Steel was just cruel. And when your pokemon isn't allowed to faint those types of attacks are just to common to risk wasting a bunch of Exp.

Roggenrola is easily one of my favorite Pokemon. While he is really good on a normal run, I think it is too risky to use in a Nuzlocke. Despite what people say, I think rock is the worst typing (Yet still one of my favorite *shrugs*). Weak to Grass, Water, Ground, Fighting, and Steel was just cruel. And when your pokemon isn't allowed to faint those types of attacks are just to common to risk wasting a bunch of Exp.
I love Roggenrola because he has Sturdy. He's able to take a hit, send one back, and then safe switch out or recover just in case.

Well, I'm not giving any major updates, but I can at least update you on my team and stuff. I beat Whitney earlier today and just received the Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod.

Celery the Bayleef, Male Lv. 20

Headbutt
Synthesis
Razor Leaf
PoisonPowder
At first I was dreading him, but he turned out to work very well. He has nice bulk for this early on, and even though he is weak to the first two gyms, he just didn't battle.

Raspberry the Ledian, Female Lv. 20

Headbutt
Reflect
Mach Punch
Light Screen
I know she is probably controversial is good/bad. I actually made sure to play in the morning to get her; I had never used a Ledyba before. She is working out pretty well, and if I'm ever worried about pokemon fainting, she can set up one or both of her screens. Plus, she took out Whitney's Clefairy.

Coconut the Geodude, Female Lv. 20

Headbutt
Rock Throw
Magnitude
Rock Polish
She has been a beast, as expected. She defeated both Falkner and Bugsy, as well as Whitney's Miltank. MVP so far, and she evolves soon to become even more powerful.

Avocado the Bellsprout, Male Lv. 19

Vine Whip
PoisonPowder
Wrap
Sleep Powder
He has been very useful with his Sleep Powder and more recently, PoisonPowder. He isn't remarkable, but I really like him. And he evolves soon, to become better.

Blueberry the Poliwag, Male Lv. 19

Surf
Rain Dance
Hypnosis
Headbutt
I made sure to get a Poliwag; I love them. So far, Blueberry has been awesome. He hasn't done anything extraordinary, but she evolves soon, which will be very nice. I just want you guys' opinions; who should she become? Politoed or pPliwrath? I am thinking Poliwrath because she has a -Sp. Atk nature, but tell me what you think.

Yes, I copied Marriland in his naming style for his Emerald Nuzlocke/HeartGold Wedlocke. Sue me.

*FLUFFY the Sentret, Female Lv. 3
Died training

*Micky the Rattata, Male Lv. 4
Also died training

*These pokemon were named before I decided to go by Marriland's theme; I renamed Bayleef from Petal to Celery upon reaching Goldenrod.

*Wormy the Weedle, Male Lv. 3
Guava the Gastly, Female Lv. 4
Tomato the Magikarp, Female Lv. 10
Apple the Zubat, Female Lv. 9
Mango the Hoppip, Male Lv. 6
Carrot the Spearow, Male Lv. 6
Tangerine the Paras, Female Lv. 5
Asparagus the Nidoran, Male Lv. 12
Muscle the Machop, Female Lv. 12 (obtained in Goldenrod Dept. Store trade)
Strawberry the Pidgey, Female Lv. 13
Kohlrabi the Eevee, Male Lv. 5

I need to know which pokemon to add to the team; I realize I have a major weakness to Fire and I need a pokemon that resists Fire. That leaves Magikarp or Eevee-evolved Vaporeon, and I already have a Water-type. I will update you on my catches on route 42 and 38, and the Burned Tower.

*These pokemon were named before I decided to go by Marriland's theme; I renamed Bayleef from Petal to Celery upon reaching Goldenrod.

Aww! Avocado just died hitting himself in Confusion! The most bittersweet part is that Picnicker Gina called immediately after the battle to give me my Leaf Stone that would evolve him to Victreebel soon!

EDIT: Just so I don't 3 post spam, I'm gonna post my options to replace Avocado + get my final spot in this post.

I'm thinkig about using Koffing, Nidoran, OR Gastly, OR Spearow, Pidgey, OR Farfetch'd, OR Eevee, OR Machop. I will post all their natures/levels/moves/etc and you tell me what you think. I need two of them.

Grapefruit the Koffing, Female Lv. 14, Hardy Nature (Neutral)

Poison Gas
Tackle
Smog
SmokeScreen
I recently picked her up at the Burned Tower. She would be nice because of her defensive bulk, and I like Koffing and Weezing.

Asparagus the Nidoran, Male Lv. 12, Careful Nature (+Sp. Def, - Sp. Atk)

Leer
Peck
Focus Energy
Double Kick
He would be really useful as a mixed attacker, but with that -Sp. Atk nature, I'm not so sure if I should use him.

Guava the Gastly, Female Lv. 4, Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)

Hypnosis
Lick
----
----
She would be hard to train up, and she has that -Sp. Atk nature. That really sucks. I don't know if I want to use her, but she would get Shadow Ball either from the gym or just level-up very soon.

IF I choose any of these 3, I'll probably go with Grapefruit. But tell me what you think.

Carrot the Spearow, Male Lv. 6, Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

Peck
Growl
Leer
----
He would be really awesome with that +Atk nature of his. He would be kind of a hassle to train up, but I think it would work out. Plus, once I'm ready to use him in actual battles, he will be evolved.

Strawberry the Pidgey, Female Lv. 13, Relaxed Nature (+Def, - Spe)

Tackle
Sand-Attack
Gust
Quick Attack
She would be kind of useful, but she's kind of boring. I have used many Pidgeys before. Plus, she wouldn't be as fast as she could be with that -Spe nature of hers.

Broccoli the Farfetch'd, Male Lv. 16, Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)

Fury Cutter
Fury Attack
Knock Off
Aerial Ace
I picked this guy up at Route 38. He would probably be useful, but for whatever reason I have this thought in my mind that Farfetch'd suck. he has okay stats. And he has heightened attack, but with his Speed lowered. I don't really like Farfetch'd either.

IF I used one of these guys, I will probably use Carrot, but if I can get over my instinctive hatred of him, Farfetch'd could be useful, too.

Kohlrabi the Eevee, Male Lv. 5, Adamant Nature (+Atk, - Sp. Atk)
->
OR

Tail Whip
Tackle
Helping Hand
----
I have a lot of options if I want to use him. Due to both his nature and my needs for type diversity, I would probably evolve him into either Umbreon or Flareon. Umbreon would be great as a defensive wall; Flareon mostly because I need a Fire-type. But tell me if you want to use him and what to evolve him into. I'm open to Jolteon, but he would suffer from the -Sp. Atk nature.

Muscle the Machop, Female Lv. 12, Lonely Nature (+Atk, - Def)

Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
She could be very useful right off the bat. For whatever reason, i just don't want to use her, though. I know she would be very useful, though, if i did. She has a great nature and IVs, and she's holding the macho Brace if I want to keep it there. I just don't know.

IF I use one of these pokemon, I'm leaning towards Eevee->Flareon because of, honestly, my opinion.

So please tell me which two i should use, and explain your reasoning. If you think I should use another one of my pokemon in my PC, look at my last post to see who they are and tell me why. i just need you guys' help on this!

P.S. I still don't know the whole Poliwrath/Politoed thing. So help me with that too.

^Personally, I would with either Eevee or Machop or Koffing. Koffing is rather lackluster sparing his great defense, while Machops are kinda slow but hit hard. All the other choices don't have the longevity needed. Umbreon is a pretty solid choice. Flareon may be useful, but its movepool is just so awful that it may not be worth it.

As for your Politoed/wrath choice. I would go with Wrath. Better typing, and better use of your nature.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I would say politoed, because it's a frog. It also learns stuff like ice beam though, which counter your flying and grass weaknesses (coupled, like a jumpluff or something, could wreck you).

I'm learning towards flareon and farfetch'd as well. Flareon is a great fire type which you need, and farfetch'd is actually a pretty deadly sweeper if used right.
Also I'm liking the ledian! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)