Nuzlocke Challenge

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is how a heart breaks...

yeah im updating now so yea

Before I would track down Barry though, it was time to get a few extra pokemon and to do some serious training. Tentacruel(Man-o-War) , Gastrodon (Jeff), Iron (the Geodude) and Rose (the Roselia) were all captured and stored in a box as spares. I evolved Azure the Eevee into Vaporeon as I badly needed a strong water type. Then I had to think. I had lost Roger and I wanted another Ground type. I did not wish to train up Iron and decided to go for a Hippopotas as I was guaranteed one. Set, I carried onwards towards the Lake.

The winding icy roads were tough but there were lots of trainers along the way which helped strengthen my team. I captured 3 more pokemon to my roster, a Snover (Pine), Sneasel (Jade), and a female Snorunt (Frost) which would give me access to a Froslass if I needed it. I took some time to train up both Sneasel and Pine as I knew that they were very powerful pokemon and then challenged the gym.

I started the battle full of hope. Candice was a tough trainer, sure but my team was exceptionally strong and I had some super effective moves against her.

Candice started the battle with Sneasel while I led with Zips. Sneasel (with its superior speed) got the jump on Zips with a super effective Ice Shard. Chuncks of Ice flew through the air and slammed into Zips doing a fair bit of damage. However full credit to Zips, he shrugged off that super effective attack and blasted it with a Silver Wind. The sudden blast of wind caught Sneasel of guard, it was blasted of its feet before slumping to the ground. Out for the count.

Furious, Candice sent in her Frostlass. The ghost type stared down at me and I knew that I might have some trouble. Hail was not yet up so I had a better chance than most. A flash of light and Jade was sent out, even with its frail defences it resisted both of Frostlass’s STABs s, with luck, I should preveil. Frostlass tried to stall by creating multiple clones of itself while Jade hammered away at Frostlass with Metal Claw. However, soon it was confused by the sheer number of fakes and started to miss with Metal Claw, letting Frostlass blast it with Shadow Ball after Shadow Ball dealing huge damage. Jade was taking a beating so I sent in Maximum to finish this. Dodging a shadow ball with ease Maximum streaked downwards towards Frostlass. Candice Ordered a Blizzard however Maximum was able to avoid the blast of chilling wind and strike a direct hit with its wing, KO’ing Frostlass

Abomasnow was next in and I tried to stay focused. Half of Candices team was down however Zips and Jade were very weak which made it tough for my team. I decided to keep Maximum in play. I tried a Close Combat, Maximum going in close and launching blistering attacks. However when Maximum called off its attack to gain a respite Abomasnow was still standing, not the least bit shaken. Candice looked confident and I realised that I was in deep trouble. Abomasnow stepped forward, thrusting its hands out. An orb of energy appeared and blasted toward Maximum. Worn out by the Close Combat Maximum was unable to react fast enough as the orb smashed into Maximum. All around the hail fell and Maximum let out a shriek of pain. Barely alive I quickly recalled Maximum and sent in Pine, my own Abomasnow.

Pine was well trained and managed to get a close of itself up first. Abomasnow fired off another Orb but this time Pine was waiting for it. With surprising agility he managed to dodge and then launched a extremely powerful punch to its opposite. Not to be outdone Abomasnow again shrugged off the hit and retaliated with pillars of ice, launched at Pine. Pines clone was crushed under the onslaught. With Pine unable to win this battle I sent in the reliable Alec who switched in just as another orb of energy was blasted towards Pine.

Pine stood firm, and absorbed the blast with no trouble while Candice looked on, frustrated. Alec stated confidently at its foe ready to strike back. Candice screamed an order, Abomasnows fist glowed green and it lunched forward drilling into Alec. Such power was unexpected and Alec was thrown back thanks to the sheer strength of that attack. Alec struggled to its feet. Even though the blow had crippled him he was still willing to fight on. A fist of shadow slamming Abomasnow back. It swayed before crashing to the ground unable to fight on.

Surprisingly, with only one pokemon left, Candice gave a grim smile. Out came a Piloswine and I realised my crucial mistake. While it was true that I had eliminated most of Candices team I had now weakened many of my team members opening me up to this last pokemon. My entire team had been weakened with Alec, Pine, Jade and Maximum all being OHKO’ed by Piloswine. Powerful as Zips was, it would be unable to OHKO while Piloswine OHKOs back and Aqua was a little too weak to risk. I realised I had to OHKO Piloswine or something died, it was as simple as that. With a screech Maximum swept back out. Exhausted and nearly spent it locked eyes with Piloswine, ready to defend the team with its last breath. Tears in my eyes and hoping to god that Piloswine did not use Ice I called a Close Combat, my teams strongest attack against this monster. Maximum dove in close at maximum velocity, its strength and speed throwing Piloswine backward leaving it lying there in a heap. I stepped forward in Victory… and somehow, by the barest of margins (yes fucking 1 HP) Piloswine was able to carry on. It got back to its feet and pillars of Ice crushed the life out of my best friend. Candice gave a laugh at my distress while I struggled to compose myself.

Pretty much any member of my team could now finish Piloswine off now. I almost went with Alec but realised that he would struggle to lead after seeing another dead team member in front of him. Therefore I sent out Aqua, the newest member of the team. Aqua appeared with a flash of light, ready to play and then stopped short as it saw my fallen friend. I looked at me in shock as Piloswine started charging, ready to crush Aqua with its powerful strength. Aqua saw it coming, ready to avenge its friend, it charged too. Much smaller then its foe Piloswine may have thought it had a chance, however suddenly Aqua slipped under its strike using its size and speed to its advantage as it tackled Piloswine with all its strength. Alone, Piloswine would have been able to shrug of the blow, heck it might not have even felt it, however, after Maximums desperate attack, the small blow was one attack too many as it fell to the ground again, this time not getting up. I had gained victory however my friend Maximum had died in the process.

Maximum was buried in the snow next to Lake Acuity and I carried on to the team Galatic Headquarters. Loath as I was to risk more of my pokemon, I knew that I had to free those legendary pokemon. I crushed grunt after grunt before finally tracking down Cyrus where I challenged him in a fight for freedom.

Cyrus calmly sent out Sneasel while I lead with Zips (again). Cyrus wasted no time, an Ice Punch slammed into Zips causing it to take huge damage. Zips followed up with a Silver wind which almost KO’ed Sneasel. Realising that Zips could not win this I sent in Alec hoping that a SS would quickly end this. Unfortunately Alec was frozen on the switch in thanks to a powerful Ice Punch leaving my team leader helpless. Starting to panic a bit here I sent in Pine who was finally able to eliminate it with an Icy blast of wind. Cyrus gave a shrug and then sent out Crobat leaving me at a disadvantage. With little else to call on I sent in Jade hoping that it would out speed. Crobat was still faster and launched a poison Fang with Jade on just over half its health left leaving me with a tough choice. I realise that a second Ice Punch will KO however, Poison Fang may poison me and then Jade will die. On the other hand not much can switch into Crobat. With this in mind I made the fateful choice.

Crobat leaped forward its fangs bared and buried them into Jade. Jade was slammed into the ground managing to slam an Icy Punch into Crobat as it did so, amazingly Jade had survived with a bare 1 HP while escaping poison damage.

If for the fact that Cyrus claimed that he lacked emotion I could have sworn that he was a little bit frustrated. However he sent out his next, the powerful Honchkrow. I looked over my team and realised I was in serious trouble. Luckily, Azure (Vaporeon) and Jazz (Hippowdon) both had Ice Moves so I should be fine. I sent out Aqua first and nailed the dark bird with an icy beam while being assaulted by Honchkrows sharp beak. I then switched in Jazz, who shrugged of a Faint Attack. Honchkrow then launched a Drill Peck which Jazz survived, it fired of an Ice Fang which….missed!

I surveyed my team. That miss had really cost me and everything I had left would be OHKOed. I had to sac something. A flash of light, Pine took the Drill Peck meant for Jazz, falling to the ground, dead. Furious, I sent out Jade. Jade, barely holding onto life stared down the powerful bird pokemon. Cyrus ordered a Drill Peck but, even crippled beyond measure, Honchkrow dove forward, its beak rotating but Jade was fast, very fast. Its icy fist crushed the life out of Honchkrow ending its murderous rampage and preventing further heartbreak.

Sorry if the text gets a bit wally and ill add in the teams and stuff in a sec as I have to go to class.

Primeape solo run.

Elite 4:

Lorelei
Used brick break on everything part ice. EQ’d Slowbro.

Bruno
Brick break’d the two Onix. Aerial Aced the Lees and Machamp.

Agatha
Rock Slide on everything other than the Arbok which I EQ’d. Never realized she had such pathetic pokemon (a Haunter and Golbat)

Lance
Rock slide on Gyarados, 2HKO.
Rock slide on Aerodactyl, 2HKO, was weary that wing attack did like 100hp.
Lv.80 wooooooo
Rock slide on lv.60 Dragonite. X Defend helped me survive more than 2 attacks
2HKO Dragonair with aerial ace (1 crit)
Other Dragonair died with a aerial ace and EQ... after I realized it isn’t part flying..

Gary
Pidgeot 1HKO from Rock Slide
Alakazam 2HKO from aerial ace, took a bit of damage though.
2HKO Exeggutor via aerial ace.
1HKO Rhydon with Brick Break.
2HKO Arcanine with EQ
The 2HKO’d Blastoise with Brick Break for the win.

Well that was fun....

Unfortunately I still haven't gotten around to typing up my third update for Diamond. I promise it'll get done soon. I just have to finish Black and White first...

However, I haven't slacked off completely, as I did spend some time typing up some Nuzlocke-related stuff. Namely, our OP for the new thread is ready to go! I PMed Haunter for the final go-ahead to post the thread (better to be safe than sorry) and I intend to have it up as soon as I have that confirmation. Hopefully it'll be up to everyone's standards (I'm perfectly willing to take suggestions if it isn't) and hopefully it won't be too difficult for me to keep it updated regularly! Make sure to move over to the new thread once it's up so we can get the ball rolling early and keep ourselves on the front page!

Unfortunately I still haven't gotten around to typing up my third update for Diamond. I promise it'll get done soon. I just have to finish Black and White first...

However, I haven't slacked off completely, as I did spend some time typing up some Nuzlocke-related stuff. Namely, our OP for the new thread is ready to go! I PMed Haunter for the final go-ahead to post the thread (better to be safe than sorry) and I intend to have it up as soon as I have that confirmation. Hopefully it'll be up to everyone's standards (I'm perfectly willing to take suggestions if it isn't) and hopefully it won't be too difficult for me to keep it updated regularly! Make sure to move over to the new thread once it's up so we can get the ball rolling early and keep ourselves on the front page!
Yay, I can't wait.

So will the new nuzlocke thread be ONLY for B/W nuzlocke challenges and such?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Given that it was Haunter who suggested to me that a new thread be posted in the first place I don`t think you`l have an issue there.

I`ll probably do a Black or White Nuzlocke after I finish Black and complete White.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pushing onward in my journey I raced to Mt Coronet to put a stop to Cyrus's plans. Fighting my way through a score of Grunts I finally reached the top... only to discover that Mars and Jupitar were there to block my way. Suddenly somebody streaked past me "Hey wait for me guys" the familiar voice rang out and Barry stood next to me ready to fight by my side. The initial phase of the battle was very tough. Both screens were but up turn one my my opponents which stalled my momentum giving the oppotunity for the Bronzor to spam attacks in safety. However, Aqua stepped up to the plate, healing off their attacks thanks to Aqua Ring while wearing them down with repeated Surfs. When Stuntank and Purugly were brought out I had to make a few defensive manuvers while Barry spammed Close Combat. Eventually they fell though and I had suffered no losses.

I charged forward to stop Cyrus when a sudden vibration made me gasp. A tremor in the air, my nose started bleeding and Dialga and Palkia appeared before Cyrus. I fell to my knees at the sheer power emitting from those two pokemon. Cyrus was exultant he screamed an order. Dialga and Palkia began to glow, charging up there signature attacks, ready to crush me when there was a massive shudder. A dark void appeared in the ground and a being of shadow appeared. A lunge and Cyrus was gone, Dialga and Palkia with him. A portal lay open and I rushed through it, navigating the distorted world until I tracked down Cyrus and we began our last battle.

Aqua, now a dominant role in the team quickly crushed Houndoom while Alec Burned Gyarados and Troy eventually finished it off with repeated Ancient Powers. Cyrus brought out Crobat but Aqua was up to the task, taking it out with well aimed Ice Beams. Frustrated, Cyrus called on Honchkrow while I called on Jade. I launched an Ice Punch however that dammed bird survived with a silver of health, killing Jade with a sharp jap of its beak. I was shocked. There was no way Jade could be gone so quickly. Furious at myself I sent in Zips who finished Honchkrow off with an Ancient Power.

Cyrus sent out a Weavile which meant that this battle would come down to Zips and Weavile, fighting it out. Weavile acted fast slamming Zips with an Ice Punch almost OHKO'ing it while I retailiated with an Ancient Power. To my horror though, Ancient Power only did 50% while Weaviles Sitrus Berry healed it up meaning that after everything, Cyrus would be the winner of the match.....

And Zips began to glow. a Golden Light flared and faded and I could have sworn I saw a silhouette of Jade. Zips looked stronger than before and I realised what had happened. Ancient power had boosted my stats. Zips, now faster and with a special attack boost swept forward, a blast of silvery wind smashed into Weavile sending weavile crashing into the ground. Somehow, Zips had pulled off the victory.

Team

Troy the Male Tangrowth
Lv 47
Docile
-Mega Drain
-Focus Blast
-AncientPower
-Stun Spore

Troy has been a steadfast member of the team. His grass attacks have been most welcome and now I can deal significant damage to the water types who plagued me after Zaps died. Troy is also my main Gyarados killer as with Ancient Power he can deal significant damage while taking hit after hit from Gyarados (he survived 2 Crit Thrashes in a row!). Best of all Troy brings this team excellent bulk with his Large HP and defence stats letting him pivot about shrugging off a hit or two.

Aqua the male Vaporeon
Lv 52
Careful
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Brine
-Toxic

Aqua has now finally become a powerhouse which is great because I needed one. With Surf and Ice Beam Aqua gets decent coverage and if it comes up against a bulky threat it can always Toxic it and Let Troy stall it out. Speaking of which Aqua works very well with troy and they have a very strong bond together. Aqua can also take powerful hits by virtue of its high HP stat meaning it can hang around for a bit which was proven in the Jupitar/Mars tag battle where it survived repeated assaults from Golbat, 2 Bronzor and Stuntank and weakened or outright KOed all of the above. Aqua has become a valuable member of the team.

Jazz the female Hippowdon
Lv 45
Hardy
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Yawn
-Crunch

Jazz has seen a fair bit of action and is a nice weather controller when i need it. Jazz hits things very hard and can shake off Physical hits in the same manner of Troy. Its my only user of ground type moves and thus gives me a back up option vs Fire pokemon. He also works well with Alec as after a burn Hippowdon can take even super effective physical attacks without worry.

Frost the female Froslass
Lv 40
Impish
-Hail
-Blizzard
-Thunderbolt
-Crunch

Brought in to fix the loss of Jade, Frost seems to fit in o.k with the team. She likes Alec a fair bit and tries to take a more active role. However her inexperience often frustrates the other teams members as often she takes on too much meaning they have to bail her out. Hail works well with Froslass and when combined with Blizzard means that Frost can hit very hard. Frost is also very fast and with a bit of training will be the teams fastest member which will help take the strain off Zips.

Zips the female Yanmega
Lv 52
Rash
-Silver Wind
-AncientPower
-Roost
-Giga Drain

Zips the the teams special sweeper and it does a damn good job. Its excellent speed and high special attack let it hit very hard when I need too. Zips has Tinted Lens which lets me hit everything hard even if it resists my attacks. Zips is one of the strongest members of the team and has decent coverage. Roost and Giga Drain mean that it can last for a fair while and being the fastest member of the team often means that Zips has become my "go to" guy in tough situations.

Alec the male Dusclops
Lv 50
Quiet
-Shadow Sneak
-Pursuit
-Will-o-Wisp
-Shadow Punch

Finally here is the leader of the team. I suppose its ironic that a ghost type is leading the team, on the other hand Alec does a great job. He has excellent bulk and can support the team will with Will-o-Wisp. Alec can also dish out a hit with a STAB Shadow Punch and even has access to priority which patches up its very low speed to some extent. He works every well with Troy as Alec can take the special attacks while Troy can take the strain from physical hits. Alec has led the team very well since Zed died. He took the loss of Jolt personally and has been a bit withdrawn but I expect he will pull himself together soon. I can always rely on Alec to help out when the chips are down and he deserves his place.

Cyro

Kirsta the female Burmy
Mike the male Zubat
Chum the female Bibarel
Jasmine the female Chansey
Alison the female Meditite
Jane the female Rhyhorn
Sabre the Male Scyther
Riolu Egg
Man-o-war the Male Tentacruel
Jeff the male Gastrodon
Rose the female Roselia
Iron the female Geodude

Dead

Max (Male Turtwig)
Lv 15
Adamant
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Absorb
-Razor Leaf

Max was going so well before bad luck ended his chances of going further with me. Such a shame seeing as I had hoped that he would be useful in latter matches.

Kyle (Male Bronzor)
Lv 23
Gentle
-Extrasensory
-Hypnosis
-Confuse Ray
-Confusion

Kyle had proven to be a nice pivot and defensive supporter of the team before bad luck meant that he had to be sacrificed to defeat Roserade. He was a big loss and I will struggle to replace him.

Rose (Female Budew)
Lv 16
Jolly
-Mega Drain
-Absorb
-Stun Spore
-Worry Seed

Rose was another casualty to fall against Roserade. It was sacrificed to weaken Roserade enough for a free switch to be granted and so that Aaron could grab a clean KO. Rose had potential to act as a needed grass type but alas, it was not to be.

Paul the Bidoof
Lv 4
Careful
-Cut
-Rock Smash
-Tackle

Paul was killed by Mars, sacing itself for a free switch. It was a sad loss although not a huge one in the big scheme of things being my HM slave and all

Aaron the male Buizel
Lv 21
Hasty
-Water Gun
-Aqua jet
-Pursuit
-Swift

Aaron was the victim of bad luck. He was my best check to the Geodude and Onix at that stage of the game and I switched him in too suddenly and he died to a Magnitude 9. I was very upset with this as he had just learnt Aqua Jet had had been set to be the powerhouse I had trained him to be. It was so unfair...

Zap the Male Luxio
Lv 29
Naive
-Spark
-Swagger
-Charge
-Bite

The team leader for awhile and team powerhouse you will be sadly missed. Sacrifing yourself to take down Mismagius proved too much and thus you gave your life so that I could continue. You worked very hard after Max died and you should be commended. I am truly sorry you had to die.

Nick the Male Cranidos
Lv 23
Adamant
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit
-Take Down
-Scary Face

Despite a barren movepool you would hit like a truck with that massive attack stat. You took over the team leadership after Zapds died and you were a fucking superhuman at picking up where Zaps left off, taking down both Mismagius and Haunter almost single-handily. The victim of a double target in a double battle proved to be your undoing which was not really fair since you were going so well. Sorely missed

Kazza the Male Kadabra
Lv 27
Quiet
-Psybeam
-Confusion
-Disable
-Miracle Eye

again Kazza you were another victim of a double battle where you switched in to save the rest of your team (I believe it was Alec and Roger facing the Ponyta and Rapidash at the time). You massive Psychic powers will be missed. You always provided wisdom to help Nick lead while you were content to destroy opposing threats (kinda what Sabre is doing now for Alec). Had I done things differently I have no doubt you would still be at my side and you would be making things so much easier with your power and speed. Goodbye old friend.

Zed the Male Kirlia
Lv 24
Naive
-Confusion
-Double Team
-Magical Leaf
-Lucky Chant

You were a mission to train up but your potential was huge but alas, not realised. You tried to take Kazza's role after he died but I think it proved too much for you to handle. You did however, weaken Lickitung to the point where Roger and Sabre could beat it and for that, I will be always grateful.

Jessie the male Togatic
Lv 24
Naughty
-Yawn
-Charm
-Metronome
-Encore

You my friend, were the perfect supporter. Your classic support moves helping my team overcome difficult opponents and thus carry on. Even as a Togepi, you weakened Haunter to the point where Nick could survive a hit and OHKO. Without you, the team would not be where it is today. I dragged you out of cryo to support the team after the losses of Nick and Kazza, perhaps you were just not yet ready for full time service. You died after trying to support Zed in that fateful double battle though at least you never saw Zed fall soon after you. Your supporting skills will not be forgotten.

Jolt the Magnezone
Naughty
Lv 38
-Spark
-Magnet Bomb
-SonicBoom
-Thunder Wave

Jolt was the new member of the party. Granted, his attacks came of his low attack stat but he was very useful and could have been very useful if he had gone on. His back up support was always welcome although sadly, he did not make a huge impact on the team.

Maximum the Male Staraptor
Lv 44
Modest
-Fly
-Aerial Ace
-U-Turn
-Close Combat

Maximum was such a valued member of the team. It would hit very hard and has great utality with U-Turn and intimidate which helped the team switch around and take hits better. Your fighting move would always come in helpful and you gave your life to try and OHKO Piloswine. The fact that you only failed by such a small margin is a testament to your power and bravery. RIP

Roger the Male Gliscor
Lv 42
Calm
-Slash
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Swords Dance

Roger was part of the "glue" of the teamm always there is I needed assistance. You could hit very hard, take hits and act as a powerful sweeper with Swords Dance. Such a hard worker you fell to a surprise Counter from a Riolu which prevented you from going further. You will be missed.

Jade the female Sneasel
Lv 49
Bashful
-Ice Punch
-Slash
-Beat Up
-Ice Shard

Jade too was a powerful and speedy sweeper hitting many things hard. My ultimate check to psychic types as well as the common flying types Jade would have served me well in the future. Jade would not hesitate to go head to head with the biggest threats to my team and without it Cyrus would have crushed me easily. You eventually fell to Cyrus's Honchkrow although it was weakened enough for Zips to take it out letting me continue. Much loved Friend.

Pine the male Abomasnow
Lv 43
Serious
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Blizzard
-Wood Hammer

Pine was a powerful Ice type for my team. Its ability helped me deal with the weather and it could deal with many water types very well. It had many powerful attacks and could have been very useful with attacks such as Blizzard and Wood Hammer had it survived for a bit longer. Sadly it fell to a Honchkrow attack opening up the opportunity for Jade to take it out and allow me to win the battle.

Yay, I can't wait.

So will the new nuzlocke thread be ONLY for B/W nuzlocke challenges and such?
As far as I know it'll be the same as this, so any game. Speaking of which, it's up! Also this might be the only time that Nuzlocke has the first post in both forums :) Like I pointed out in the OP, if anyone has any suggestions or criticisms feel free to either post them there or PM me with them! To commemorate the occasion I may very well have to stop playing BW to type up my next update :P
Who am I kidding, BW are just too fun to put down

POKEMON LEAFGREEN NUZLOCKE

First Nuzlocke I've done.

PART ONE: MY FIRST NUZLOCKE RUN
(IN REALTIME)

0800: Started game.
0802: Recieved Bulbasaur (DINO BOY)
0804: Won battle against Rival RIVAL.
0807: Got Oak's Parcel.
0809: Delivered.
0813: Went to Route 22, caught Mankey (PIGFACED)
0815: Went to Route 1 to train. Met the KILLER RATTATA.
0816: PIGFACED died by Rattata critical hit.
0816: DINO BOY died by Rattata critical hit.
GAME OVER :(

I joined this forum specifically to accept this challenge, I hope your happy. I'll be playing diamond with a character by the name of Dagon.

Ok, it seems I have to try this too. Because it will always be my favorite pokemon game, I'm going to try to take the challenge on Emerald. I have never done this before so I might fail miserably. I'm going to use the rules in the OP, and I will chronicle my story probably once a week in this thread if people are interested. Unfortunately, I just dont have time (or artistic ability) to make a cartoon, but if this works, I might try it again and make a LP out of it. But yeah, I'm excited to try this and I'll keep you posted.

This makes me want to do a nuzlocke again. I've started a few but never gotten very far. What games are the most fun for these? I've tried the Hoenn games only, and I've never played through FR/LG or DPPt in entirety before, so I'm not sure what games are good to try. I have one in emerald going, but I'm using a party I don't really like and I got bored so i'll probably start a new one. I'll upload my story if you guys would like.

Oh god, I hate this challenge. I always die by the first town. -_____- Real time to hate my life is Pokemon Black and White. First three wild guys and I started over again :(

Nice to see a bunch of new Nuzlockers, but the new thread is here, you should join us over there :) I wouldn't make a big deal about it but there's more people to discuss with over there.

Plus I really want to keep the thread on the first page. Please?

Ok, fairly decent for my first leg. By the way, I am using the no duplicate rule for more fun. My starter was torchic (TALONBLAZE, the nickname of my first pokemon ever) I have beaten Roxanne thus far, and along the way I met a wurmple on route 101, an wingull on route 103 (nickname WIN GULL), a lotad on route 104 (DEKULEAF), a poochyena on route 104 a silcoon in petalburg forest, and a marill on route 105, all of which I was able to catch, but a lot of which I pressed a too fast to nickname.

Basically I was training my torchic, lotad, and wingull about evenly, taking on trainers with little problem and getting them to level 8-10. The Roxanne fight wasn't easy, however. I used WIN GULL to kill her first two geodudes, but it wasn't even able to accomplish getting her nosepass to below half health with a crit. Then it desperately tried and failed to supersonic while it ate a rock tomb and died. Lotad then came in, and after it was perfectly clear absorb wasn't doing anything, I started growling whiile nosepass hardened (insert obligatory sex joke here). Then we sat there for a while while I absorbed and nosepass tackled me. Eventually he got the crit and killed Lotad, but not before Roxanne used both of her potions, and nosepass was down to less than 1/3. At this point I have given up, but I switch in torchic, and he can take those -6 tackes pretty well while killing him with 1-2 damage embers.

So now two pokemon with excellent potential are dead :(, But I have my torchic, and I'm off to get Mr. Briney HIS wingull back. So tldr: I gained like 7 new pokemon and lost the two I really cared about. Also the one thing about this challenge is its so unnerving. Its like a battle tower run; you start to fear the hax.

Actually, on Bulbapedia, the Nuzlocke Challenge only has two rules:
1.One pokemon per route (first one seen)
2.Fainted Pokemans go bye bye.

all the other rules are optional. I added the nickname rule and the legendary rule to my challenge.

anyways, yeah. I'm nuzlocking my Leafgreen version, as it says in mah sig. so far I have 2 badges (i'll update). here's mah team. I won't put levels and crap cause that changes too often.

-Cheeks (Pikachu)
-Fang (Charmeleon)
-Needle (Nidoqueen)
-Beeks (Pidgey)
-Sting (Beedrill)
-Scratch (Sandshrew)

soooooo.....whataya think?

Started Leafgreen with TS's very first 5 basic rules. Time to rape this shazz, started with Bulbasaur. Cant catch anything in route 1, fk no pokeballs :( will update. Talk to me guys im very bored ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)