Octillery makes an appearance in OU

This team relies partially on luck and could use some work but lets get down to business. There have been no changes so there really isn't a progression.
Team: (Descriptions Hidden below each Pokemon

Forretress

Item: Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Forretress is here to do what he always does, throw up hazards and spin away crap. The EV spread helps him vaguely withstand enough hits to spin and run. Hidden Power Ice can 2KO Landorus, Salamence, and Dragonite, and probably other threats I can't think of off the top of my head but the idea is out there. This guy withstood a +2 Haxorus Outrage for 80% which is actually pretty good. If he can handle the hits he likes to setup toxic spikes too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Porygon-Z

Item: Choice Scarf
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 155 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
Revenge killer with a killer STAB. This guy is good for taking out hazards to my setup as well. the choice scarf and speed EV's take him to 2 speed faster than base 130's His tri-attack with 240 power do immense samage to anything that doesnt resist it. His other attacks help him deal with other threats that resist his attacks. He could really take solace from an Earth Power or Flamethrower to cover steel types but I began to like him doing the research group in UU. shameless plug for them HERE. He does good work but has trouble switching in unless off a faint which kinda sucks. He does his job well so i'm not complaining.

Octillery

Item: Life Orb
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 SAtk / 255 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Surf
The star of the show right here. His EV's are a normal special sweeper. With a +2 QD from venemoth he outspeeds most Pokes and OHKO's most people. and with a +3 He OHKO's most everything sans Bliss and 2HKO's the devil itself. He is a god at +4 if its even feasible but he outspeeds scarfed base 120's with max speed. Suction Cups prevents phazing which can be a biznitch for a pass team. this is really a helpful ability for the type of team he is on. The passing brings him from a NU to Uber status with a few turns and a pass. He is one of my favorite pokemon ever. He may not be the best but he is just great and sexy looking.

Honchkrow

Trait: Moxie
EVs: 44 HP / 120 Atk / 92 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
Another one of my favorite pokemon. Moxie makes him a pain to deal with. he comes in either off one QD or on a weakened pokemon he is weak to. Sucker punch for the priority to get the Mox boost and continue on with the rampage. Substitute prevents the status and roost is to heal off stealth rock and life or damage. Honchkrow works better lategame because sucker punch anda moxie gives him amazing 120 power STAB priority with the boost he needs to sweep at the end.

Venomoth

Item: Focus Sash
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 44 HP / 120 Atk / 92 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Baton Pass
- Bug Buzz
The passer of the show. First attack QD get the boost. focus sash or tank the hit, outspeed sleep powder QD off the sleep or switch. if pokemon stays in QD again if switch BP to Octillery or the next guy. Bug Buzz is a good surprise on the switch in to a psychic. OHKO's every frail psychic pokemon under the sun. It is really helpful sometimes to surprise them and take advantage of the Quiver Dances.

Jirachi

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Iron Defense
- Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
It would seem odd for a defensive Jirachi to receive the BP but think about this. If at +2 he 564 has SDef. +3 is 705 Sdef which is amazing and after an Iron Defense he boosts to 564 Def too. with his +2 speed he reaches 472 which is respectable. Wish is nice to restore damage he takes. Thunderbolt is useful paralysis support and Flash Cannon is a nice STAB that hits most for neutral damage. With such high defenses he does a wonderful job wearing down the enemy.

This team could use some work but it serves me well and I am open to opinions.
I appreciate your time reading this and getting your input its so appreciated.
Special Thanks to mostwanted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)