October 2012 OU / Suspect Stats

My personal opinion as a UU player and part-time OU dabbler:

1. Don't let Chansey drop, please, we were very thankful when it left the first time.

But the UU metagame has changed. It has a lot more Physically-oriented Fighting-types who can more than handle Chansey.

2. Since Hail was unbanned in the last UU Suspect round, I think I can safely say,
PLEASE LET ABOMASNOW DROP
So that we don't have to use Snover as Hailsetter.

It's being Suspect Tested, which isn't a guarantee that Hail is going to be permanently unbanned. Unless kokoloko or someone PMs/VMs me otherwise, I'll be convinced that Hail in UU isn't necessarily going to be a thing which makes allowing Abomasnow to drop to the lower tiers without falling completely into NU otherwise occur.

3. Celebi and Lando-T really wouldn't affect the meta too much; Celebi with its tremendous weaknesses and Lando-T with mediocre speed... They fit right in with the power scaling, imo, so I wouldn't be too unhappy with the drop.

You're saying that as though people aren't already trying to keep Celebi in the tier. Considering that Landorus-T was already conclusively seen as underwhelming in OU, it will more-than-likely drop to UU. However, not everything else is guaranteed.

4. Reuniclus must not drop. It's too good for UU, especially when combined with Trick Room powerhouses like Cofagrigus, Victini, and Escavalier.

You don't have any conclusive explanation other than "Trick Room," which even on Cofagrigus is kind of situational at best. Especially when Sableye roams the tier and there are still plenty of Bug-types and Dark-types who make Reuniclus miserable, I don't think Reuniclus will be "too good for UU."

OK, comments about the general situation aside...

@/B/utterfree, just a question, how does your team deal with... uh, Lucario? Cobalion? Heracross? Terrakion? Any strong Fighting type? Part of the problem with Blissey is that you really need a solid fighting-type counter, and with stuff like Terrakion and Keldeo running around, the meta's not being very friendly to our favorite pink blobs.

The other half of my team consists of Fighting-resistors.

@ScarfWynaut, isn't speedy Blissey a specialized Pokemon in the first place? Blissey's versatility lies mostly in its movepool, but it doesn't have the stats to back it up in the first place. It can fulfill a bunch of niche roles, but not the multipurpose ones that the meta needs. You can run Flamethrower and max speed to torch Scizor and co. but then you can't sponge a pair of Politoed's Specs Hydro Pumps in the rain, or whatever ridiculous special attack that Blissey is generally used to counter.

If a specialized Blissey set does the job for him, I have no objection to it.

I like using Blissey, but there's a point when you have to acknowledge that the new meta is not treating her well.

The new meta is a bit more physically-oriented, that much is true. However, Blissey is still useful against some of the key Special-attacking threats who otherwise would be detrimental to the OU metagmae. It's not going anywhere, unless a surge of people spam other walls like Sableye, Hippowdon, and Cresselia over Blissey, or otherwise create a defensive core which threatens to make Blissey obsolete as a wall (which has yet to occur).
Arguments in bold. I was somewhat hesitant to respond to all of these facets, but

Glancing through the numbers because I was bored, spotted Magnezone.

Abilties:
Magnet Pull 85.086%
Sturdy 8.951%
Analytic 5.963%

Well, Analytic can be usefu. Run minimum speed, and you've got a very powerful bulky sweeper there. Except...

Natures
Modest 46.104%
Timid 35.660%
Bold 4.759%
Hardy 4.025%
Calm 3.399%
Quiet 1.417%
Other 4.636%

:evan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)