Of any single 5th gen Pokemon, which would you want to use in Gen 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blightbringer

Banned deucer.
I'd choose Nattorei for its ability to set up Spikes on a lot of shit in OU right now: Tyranitar, Starmie (any Water-type, really), Blissey (specially defensive Nattorei, which is really the only set anyone should ever use imo, can Leech Seed stall Flamethrower all match long), KINGDRA, Metagross, Jolteon etc.

Of course, this would probably affect the aforementioned Pokemon's usage and movesets dramatically--but hey, it'd be good for a while. It's also weak to a lot of common stuff like Taunt Skarmory, Infernape, Zapdos, Lucario, Heatran, and Machamp.

Doryuuzu for Sand Storm Teams :P if TTar was sent out he comes into to play, if evd and ivd correctly, with 405 att with STAB Equake and 600+ Speed

I think I'd take Roobushin. The only things it has to worry about are Gyarados with some combination of bulk, Taunt, or Bounce, and Skarmory before it has set up. Basically it's gg unless they have a strong Psychic or Flying attack, and they can survive a boosted STAB priority fighting attack.

For me, I would use Zuruzukin (Big Pants lizard). Unresisted STAB attacks and the ability to pull off a bulk up sweep is crazy. Togekiss is about the only thing with a common super effective special attack. This does assume that Drain Punch still has the boosted base power. If not....

Reniculus is definitely my choice. He has a decent special movepool and bulk, coupled with Calm Mind. The best part is that he can sweep ANYTHING in Trick Room thanks to out-slowing even Bronzong by 3 base stat points and has a slow tie with even Snorlax, though he wins after a Curse. Magic Guard is a good boost as well, acting as a status absorber, and to allow it to switch out freely. Stall really took a hit with this guy.

Mischievous Heart Erufuun/Whimsicott. The ability to stall out anything without fear of the opponent being faster than you? Yes, please.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Stark rules said:
We don't want to see "make your own" or "what if <Pokémon> got <move>" threads Sometimes it is fun to dream up your own Pokémon, moves, traits, and towns. However, these type of threads detract from Smogon's focus on the competitive aspect of Pokémon, and as such, we do not want this board littered with them. If you wish to create this type of thread, PM your thread to a moderator for approval, but you can expect your request to be turned down more often than not. In addition, reobserve the forum-wide rule: "Do not create threads that do not support discussion. Creating an entire thread to ask a simple question is not acceptable; do a Google search for that stuff. All thread starters are required to provide a good basis for discussion in their opening post." This means that "what pokémon/move/ability is your favorite/is most overrated" threads should be considered with an "And why?" every time. When you remember that this is a competitive battling forum first and foremost, you will remember that this mindset will help to promote keen discussion beyond simple "x pokémon/move/ability is y/z" answers.
This thread is just theorymon\pc++. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)