offensive team that needs rating

This is the team i've been using for quite a while and they do okay but i need some improvements. blissey really gives me problems, he walls alakazam and latias, dragonite has no physical moves and I'm not sure if he can out stall it, and has thunderbolt for starmie.

SWAMPERT-torrent, Impish @ leftovers
252def/130hp/126att
-Ice punch
-Stealth rock
-Waterfall
-Roar

Swampert makes a nice physical tank and stealth rock damage really helps most of my sweepers who barely can't OHKO most pokes. Roar gives me an oppurtunity to add up entry damage. ice punch normally OHKOs aerodactyl not carying focus sash which is very uncommon. jerachi with trick gives me alot problems.

LATIAS-levitate, timid @ life orb
252spa/252spe
-Surf
-Draco meteor
-Recover
-Thunderbolt

Latias is my only special wall. she also switches into infernape who trys to grass knot swampert. She is my heatren counter who often ruins my sweep all together against most of the other pokes on this team. i have been thinking about swithcing one of the attack moves to shadow ball to help me against physcics.

STARMIE-natural cure, timid @ lumberry
252spa/252spe
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-rapid spin
-ice beam

starmie is a really fast rapid spinner who can also hit hard. Most of my team is weak to stealth so he/she/it is pretty much required. Bolt/beam and surf offer awesome type coverage to boot. I stoped running recover because i rarely used it and the extra coverage of thunderbolt helped against gyarados.

Dragonite-inner focus, bold @ leftovers
248hp/52spe/208spd
-flamethrower/dragon pulse
-toxic/thunder wave
-lightscreen
-roost

Dragonite is my favorite pokemon in the entire game I switched from the dd set to the stall set, but I havn't been able to test since my shoddy recently stopped working,but I have been told he takes 20% from common swamperts and vaporeon ice beams. I have been experimenting with a ninjask lead to speed boost him but stealth rock from swampert is really important, and yes, I know, salamence out classes him ON THE DD SET so I'm switching to defensive set. I just keep dragonite around because he is my favorite pokemon. I would also like opinions on the thunder wave dragon pulse against toxic and flamethrower move combos.

Azelf-levitate, Timid @ life orb
252spa/252spe
-grass knot
-psychic
-flamethrower
-Nasty plot

GYARADOS-intimidate, jolly @ lum berry
252Att/252spe
-dragon dance
-waterfall
-ice fang
-earthquake

Gyarados is a more reliable sweeper than charizard as i originally had and has better attack and type coverage. gyarados is a nice counter to most dragons, lucario, heatran, and scizor. He also is fairly easy to set up with. Some counters that gyarados has problems with is of course skarmory, electivire when i havn't ddanced enough and anything with thunderbolt.

please give suggestions, i'm new to copmpetitve battling, but my one friend who plays this game battles with me every once and a while. This team has me hovering around 1200 but im looking for something better. I hope i didn't break any rules or anything.(images courtesy of Arkeis.com)

give swampert stealth rock surf ice beam and earthquake

starmie needs a more defensive ev spread, not quite sure what that would be.

latias has the ability levitate (not ??????), cant change that.

make charizard adamant nature. but it would be better to swap charizard with a dragon dance gyarados. i have found gyarados to be a much better sweeper. gyarados also counters all 3 you have named to counter charizard: heatran, scizor, and lucario.

just remember, i am only leaving suggestons. you can do what you want to do with your team, because after all, it is your team.

thank you for the suggestions. i might experiment with gyarados in place of one of my sweepers because you make a good point about him countering those 3. BTW i don't think starmie needs a more defensive set. I don't think it would help at all and i need the ev's in speed and spa.

looking back at it, yes salamence does outclass dragonite big time, speed and intimidate being the main reasons. but if u do choose to keep dragonite, put fire punch on over ice punch. fire punch will take out the flying/floating steels (skarmory/bronzong) while ice punch does almost nothing. the reasons to have ice punch are for dragons and grass types, both of which outrage takes care of. fire punch destroys scizor, skarmory (better than other moves at least) foretress, and bronzong. if you have a fear of skarmory, fire blast could also be used to more heavily damage it. salamence uses fire blast much better though.

my shoddy stopped working for some unknown reason so it will take me awhile to test out the gyarados, but i will go ahead and change ice punch to fire punch.

yes i agree with the last post. dragonite definately needs speed evs. that is another reason to use salamence over dragonite. salamence has 20 more base speed. a neutral nature speed nature (adamant) salamence is faster than a jolly (+speed nature) dragonite. i would suggest salamence over dragonite. dragonite only has a better sp def thanks to intimidate and that won't help much with ice beams flying around everywhere. my mence with lum berry, dragon dance, dragon claw, earthquake, and outrage owns. of course there is always fire blast over one of the dragon moves.

Salamence does outclass dragonite mostly but when it come to this spread

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 112 Atk/196 Spd/200 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Superpower
- Roost

salamence is outclassed there is a hole thread on how dragonite can deffinatly be better. Check out the thread at http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51407

I don't see Bellyzard as realistic in this metagame what with rocks everywhere. I know you have Starmie to spin them away, but it's still a big risk to take. I'd replace him with a bulky gyarados to get rid of your lucario weakness.

The only reason to pick Dragonite over Salamence is Superpower, really, and since you don't have superpower, I'd suggest going with a nice mixmence or something of that nature.

Here's a lovely set for Alakazam

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SAtt/252 Sp/4 HP
-Trick
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball/Signal Beam

This is the team i've been using for quite a while and they do okay but i need some improvements. blissey really gives me problems, he walls alakazam and latias, dragonite has no physical moves and I'm not sure if he can out stall it, and has thunderbolt for starmie.

SWAMPERT-torrent, Impish @ leftovers
252def/130hp/126att
-Ice punch
-Stealth rock
-Waterfall
-Roar

Swampert makes a nice physical tank and stealth rock damage really helps most of my sweepers who barely can't OHKO most pokes. Roar gives me an oppurtunity to add up entry damage. ice punch normally OHKOs aerodactyl not carying focus sash which is very uncommon. jerachi with trick gives me alot problems.

FINE

LATIAS-levitate, MODEST @ life orb
100 Speed / 156 HP / 252 S. Atk
-Surf
-Draco meteor
-Recover
-Psycho Shift

This set works well as you can not only use Latias as a special wall but a status absorber, it can outstall blissey if it psycho shifts toxic back.
Latias is my only special wall. she also switches into infernape who trys to grass knot swampert. She is my heatren counter who often ruins my sweep all together against most of the other pokes on this team. i have been thinking about swithcing one of the attack moves to shadow ball to help me against physcics.

STARMIE-natural cure, timid @ lumberry
252spa/252spe
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-rapid spin
-ice beam

FINE

starmie is a really fast rapid spinner who can also hit hard. Most of my team is weak to stealth so he/she/it is pretty much required. Bolt/beam and surf offer awesome type coverage to boot. I stoped running recover because i rarely used it and the extra coverage of thunderbolt helped against gyarados.

Dragonite-inner focus, bold @ leftovers
248hp/52spe/208spd
-flamethrower/dragon pulse
-toxic/thunder wave
-lightscreen
-roost

FINE

Dragonite is my favorite pokemon in the entire game I switched from the dd set to the stall set, but I havn't been able to test since my shoddy recently stopped working,but I have been told he takes 20% from common swamperts and vaporeon ice beams. I have been experimenting with a ninjask lead to speed boost him but stealth rock from swampert is really important to help alakazam OHKO most pokes he would barely not, and yes, I know, salamence out classes him ON THE DD SET so I'm switching to defensive set. I just keep dragonite around because he is my favorite pokemon. I would also like opinions on the thunder wave dragon pulse against toxic and flamethrower move combos.

Alakazam-sychronize, modest @ life orb
252spa/252spe
-grass knot
-phsycic
-focus blast
-shadow ball

You may want to use an Azelf here

azelf analysis

Alakazam is my only pure special sweeper, and he really does the job well. Of course priorty moves and weavile really hinder him. Most of the time lucario gets in extreme speed and kills me after i have taken even 1 life orb retall.

GYARADOS-intimidate, Adamant @ LEFTOVERS
252 Attack / 174 HP / 84 SPEED

-dragon dance
-waterfall
-STONE EDGE
-BOUNCE

Bounce for secondary stab and to make Celebi piss off
Stone Edge is better type coverage

Gyarados is a more reliable sweeper than charizard as i origanly had and has better attack and type coverage. gyarados is a nice counter to most dragons, lucario, heatran, and scizor. He also is fairly to set up with. Some counters that gyarados has problems with is of course skarmory, electivire when i havn't ddanced enough and anything with thunderbolt.

please give suggestions, i'm new to copmpetitve battling, but my one friend who plays this game battles with me every once and a while. This team has me hovering around 1200 but im looking for something better. I hope i didn't break any rules or anything.(images courtesy of Arkeis.com)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)