Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

CB flygon should have hp bug as alternatives in the first set. Imo, it's a much better choice than dragon claw (which doesn't hit anything hard) and quick attack (which will be rarely used). CB hp bug 2hkos flygon's biggest counter, claydol, and ohkos celebi, another common switch in for EQs

also, Uber flygon could be added:

Flygon
~ Earthquake
~ Hidden Power [Ghost]
~ Solarbeam
~ Substitute

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Swalot is a great sceptile counter with:
Swalot @ Leftovers
Sludgebomb
Pain split
Double edge
Explosion
Uhh, why would you want to use that useless bag of flatulence in OU?

CB flygon should have hp bug as alternatives in the first set. Imo, it's a much better choice than dragon claw (which doesn't hit anything hard) and quick attack (which will be rarely used). CB hp bug 2hkos flygon's biggest counter, claydol, and ohkos celebi, another common switch in for EQs

also, Uber flygon could be added:

Flygon
~ Earthquake
~ Hidden Power [Ghost]
~ Solarbeam
~ Substitute
Why the fuck would you use Flygon over Rayquaza in Ubers?

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
eggy wont survive two rock slide switch ins and wont survive one hp bug switchin (cber), it can only take 3 earthquakes iirc.

lets look at his moves: sleep powder, solarbeam, synthesis, explosion, hp ice, psychic (even though it's fairly useless in ubers).

most pack sleep powder solarbeam explosion hp ice.

some even carry sunny day incase groudon dies

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok, moveset for every idiot's favourite Pokemon, Butterfree!

Butterfree (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Endure
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Supersonic

Salac and max speed gives you 393, which outspeeds nearly everything (damn aero and jolteon).
Supersonic if you expect a sleep talker.

I know it isn't going to kill anything, but it can make it easier for the rest of your team, or maybe just fool your opponent into thinking you're a jackass.
nice idea, but not going to do anything except sleep something sadly :( I'd still bp sub and agi from zapdos

in venusaurs anylysis it says to add HP evs to get more leech seed recovery. This is fucking stupid as hell, because more HP actually means LESS leech seed recovery in terms of percentage, because it goes off your opponent's HP. The purpose of HP on venu is to take hits, but it must be balanced with the fact that if you leech seeded snorlax, you're going to want more DEF evs to take returns and less HP so that his massive HP gives you even more percent recovery.

Second there should be at least some kind of agreement between articles or at least a mention of the other article's claim so as not to make the dex contradict itself. For example mewtwo's and deoxys-FR's anylyses both say that each is the best sweeper in the game. I realize that they are different authors but at least mentioning the other opinion would be nice, example: "Mewtwo is the best sweeper in the game, with the possible exception of Deoxys-F."

I've met with success with the following Registeel set.

Coin Flip Registeel
Zap Cannon
Dynamicpunch
Substitute
Explosion/Ancientpower

It's a high-risk moveset, but Registeel can afford the misses due to its beefy defenses.

Originally this started out as a semi-joke just because I wanted both 50% accuracy moves on one Pokemon, but it soon turned out to be quite useful. Its main advantage is the way it compacts the moveset. Rather than having Thunder and Thunder Wave and sort of taking up two slots, you compromise, give it Zap Cannon, and free up a move.

This Registeel is fairly dangerous to switch in on too, between the sub, and walking into what can be both damage and a status effect.

Admittedly, if this moveset were to ever become popular, it might lose the element of surprise, but because Registeel's "standard" movesets at this time are so different from mine people switch the weirdest things into it.

I typically max out its offense stats with personality in either or, but your mileage may vary. You could also max out HP and give the rest to each offense stat.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Yeah, but the PP of the attacks are limited and Registeel isn't going to kill anything that doesn't have a 4x weak other than with Explosion.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Substitute doesn't seem like a good use of Registeel's capabilities. I'd rather use Earthquake so it can take on Raikou easily and Jirachi somewhat.

I got nice move-set for Exeggutor
Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Solar Beam
Sunny Day
Psychic/Leech Seed/Synthesis

It's nice sunnybeamer, and can also stall with Seed/Synthesis, or just attack with STAB'ed Psychic.

I got nice move-set for Exeggutor
Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Solar Beam
Sunny Day

It's nice sunnybeamer, and can also stall with Seed/Synthesis, or just attack with STAB'ed Psychic.
Nothing special, in fact inferior to the standard sets.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Why the bloody hell is Aerial Ace listed over HP Flying as an option on CBTar? At least with HP Flying can bluff HP Bug and surprise the shit out of incoming Heracrosses.

I don't know if I posted this set yet, but I don't see it:

Ludicolo @Leftovers/Shell Bell
Modest/Timid Natures
~Sunny Day/Surf/T-punch/Razaor Leaf
~Solar Beam
~Synthesis
~Fire Punch

The sunny day for non-uber, the others for uber.
Razor Leaf does a good number on kyogre, on account of STAB and Critical Hit. Deals with golduck, too. Gets benefits from kyogres drizzle (speed or hp, your choice). T-punch if not too worried, and you want paralysis chance (Hits raayquaza neutral, and golduck se again.

The Sunny-Beam-Synth is usable on most grasses except one thing: No fire punch. Now, there's a chance of burning, and you do more damage (5 points more base) and no screwing around with EVs.

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Silver Wind

OHKOs Tar and usually 2HKOs Lax AND Bliss with HP Fighting. Pwns most psychics with Silver Wind, and all ghosts save Clops with Shadow Ball. AA for STAB.

endeavor dodrio (and other fast endeavors like beedrill and swellow mainly) are practicly sure to leave the foe vunerable to duggy after endeavor this sould be pointed out on all the endeavor sets its a awsome setup to put something at 72 (or less) HP and they kill off dodrio or your endeavor user then out comes duggy who won't have to worry about not killing because whats gonna be taking a CB duggy hit at 72 (or less) HP

Ok, you guys may not like some of these movesets(Zapdos), but all of them work well when I use them and some of the moves could be added as Other Options.

Milotic

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Surf

Light Screen Milotic is a favorite of mine. I normally don't use Milotic on my teams, but when I do I use this set. This works great in tandem with Salamence, Flygon, or Dragonite, because they are able to survive Ice Beams. Works best with Salamence in my opinion, considering that Salamence can DD and then sweep.

Zapdos

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 156 Atk / 136 Spd / 24 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Drill Peck
- Substitute
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

Stalling Zapdos is quite a fun thing to use. If you want, you can also use Toxic over Protect, and just stall until you can kill them with either Drill Peck or Thunderbolt. I generally send this out on the opponents last Pokemon, after something like Venusaur has used Leech Seed, so you can just use Protect and then Substitute until you can kill them. It also can get rid of Celebi really well.

Forretress

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 192 HP / 124 Atk / 192 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Spikes
- Toxic

This is the Forretress that I use in the Uber Metagame. I decided that I would try it out in OU, and it worked really well. You can just send it in on something like Snorlax, assuming they don't have Fire Blast, and then Toxic the incoming Pokemon. It kills the most common Bellers. Hidden Power [Bug] for Celebi, and you can just Explode on Blissey.

Swampert

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Def / 132 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This Swampert set is very interesting. It won't do much damage to anything except the Dragons, but it walls everything really well.

Kyogre

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf
- Thunder

This Kyogre set is awesome in Ubers. It can survive other Kyogre's Thunder, and then it always has the Paralyze chance, which I seem to get most of the time. Rest when you are about to die, and use with Blissey so you can just wake right back up again.

Weezing

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 132 HP / 172 Def / 204 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Haze
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Taunting Weezing results in a major loss of Tank. Blissey and Skarm can't touch this. You can kill Skarmory with Fire Blast easily as it outspeeds it, but Blissey presents a minor problem.

Ok, you guys may not like some of these movesets(Zapdos), but all of them work well when I use them and some of the moves could be added as Other Options.

Milotic

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Surf
Other Options

Confuse Ray, Hidden Power Grass/Electric, Mirror Coat, and Toxic can all work in place of Hypnosis. Confuse Ray can force a switch kind of, Hidden Powers can be a nice surprise on certain Pokemon, Mirror Coat is good with Milotic's great HP and Special Defense, and Toxic can poison.

Zapdos

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 156 Atk / 136 Spd / 24 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Drill Peck
- Substitute
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

Meh, whatever float your boat, this Zapdos set is semi useless and situational. So, you are going to toxic stall? How about switching to a counter, you don't even have the 300+ SPD to set up sub against 299's.

Forretress

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 192 HP / 124 Atk / 192 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Spikes
- Toxic

You just lost the whole purpose of using Forretress, to rapid spin, more skarm ftw.

Swampert

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Def / 132 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Well this move makes the cut, it seems to be that he is asking to be setup upon. Doesn't anything hard with EQ nor Ice Beam.

VIABLE SET, might need testing.

Kyogre

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf
- Thunder

Good old rest over calm mind set, nothing new. Too defensive for uber, you can't really afford to sleep in uber. Blissey is not that great.

Weezing

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 132 HP / 172 Def / 204 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Haze
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

I am sorry but I fail to understand why people would leave their skarm in to get wowed and blissey in to get exploded/sludged 35%ish dmg/pain splited. Trying for total domination of Snorlax, try Dusclops?

I still like my own Registeel moveset from page 5 better than the Toxic set, personally.

I'd use it more, but I haven't been on NB much lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)