Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Philadelphia, don't fuck me again in some way for a third week. My opponent has Vikings defense. Score them points.
Oh they fucked me alright, the defense that is.

En route to 1-6 and increasing my lead in Points Against by probably 40+ more points. Good times.

Last edited:
Oh they fucked me alright, the defense that is.

En route to 1-6 and increasing my lead in Points Against by probably 40+ more points. Good times.
love ya mean it!

managed to pick up Ajayi in my other league, and instead of starting him at flex, i started Nelson :|

Only reason I've started Ajayi the past two weeks has been because of injuries/bye weeks for my other backs...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I had Forte and Hill on the bench in one of my leagues, starting the previously in form Terrence West instead. Good times.

Allen Robinson got me 1 point.

also started: Hunter Henry, Cameron Meredith, for a total of 3 points.

in another league i'm up 93.4 to 88.8, i have Lamar and he has Sanders.

last league i'm up 105.24 to 75.84, he has Demaryius and Hopkins left.

I followed last week's record-setting score in my league with fewer than half as many points (152-70) this week thanks to the McCoy-ODB-D.Johnson scoring me 24 points (107 last week). Technically I started Terrance West over McCoy though :^)

In one league I'm going to be 2-5, 1st in points scored and points against and top 3 in "Breakdown" scoring (record vs every member of the league every week), while in another I'm fixing to be 3-4 despite averaging 10% fewer points than the guy in 10th place (I'm in 11th by PF). It's been a weird year

also will some fuck in league C trade me a WR for a RB, sick of starting Alshon Jeffery every week and rolling Blounts on my bench

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my league C team is the biggest group of underperforming pricks I've ever seen :/

on the plus side my NARFFL team looks aces, my lowest weekly scores have placed 5th and 7th, I've finished first once, and literally every other time 3rd in PF for the week. Running Stafford/Rivers, Murray, Hilton/Marshall/Arob/Cooks/Djax, and Tucker works well. Now if only I could find an RB not named Bernard or Jones I'd be set.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
3-0 for the second week running. I benched Hill and Forte (combined 51 points in a non fraction, non ppr league is huge) but won in that league thanks to Brandon McManus. It's a weird feeling cheering for fgs

somehow scraped out a 2 point victory and a 5 point victory, so now i'm 5-2, 4-3 and 2-5.

pretty pissed about Robinson/Alshon/Hopkins bullshit.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my league C team is the biggest group of underperforming pricks I've ever seen
Let me share my roster from another league with you:
QBs: Andy dalton, tyrod Taylor
WRs: Allen Robinson, Randall Cobb, Julian Edelman, emmanuel sanders
RBs: Jamaal Charles, Chris ivory, jacquizz rodgers (picked up last week on the wire)
TE: Jason Witten
Def: rams
K: Chris Boswell

This squad is 0-7. No crying from you

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's your own fault for getting bad qbs, a bad TE, Chris ivory as your rb2, and holding a kicker who hasn't performed in any game this season

My league c team (now 1-6) has Stafford, Sanders, Robinson, Charles, Freeman, Rudolph, Coleman, snead, diggs, pitta, Ryan Matthews, and Crosby

That should be a good team with a top 3 qb and two top 12 rbs plus two top 10 TEs. But they've just been bad. I can't even claim bas luck because even though I'm 3rd in PA I'm only 9th in PF. For whatever reason that group of guys can't score and when they do it's staggered to the point of uselessness. RIP Keenan Allen

Got an interesting challenge for the next couple weeks. With Carolina on bye, I had to stream in a QB for Newton. The only good option was Winston, especially playing SF. Carolina's coming off the bye, but they face Arizona and LA next. Winston plays Oakland and Atlanta. I might just run Winston for the next two. As long as he stops playing like he'll be the next Eli Manning in the league.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Yeah and I beat Jabba last week in #strongs cuz im the best *flex*

Just play Newton, that's what I'm doing. His odds of a rushing TD are too high, among other things. Last week in League A I picked up Alex Smith and he did okay, his schedule is pretty favorable in this midseason stretch.

My League A team: Fig Newton, Baldwin/Diggs/Floyd/Beasley, Freeman/Ajayi/Crowell (Peterson RIP), Walker, kicker, from Texans to streaming DEFs.

"If they played every team every week, Murphy's Law would be 39-38."
Actual record: 1-6

Yeah and I beat Jabba last week in #strongs cuz im the best *flex*

Just play Newton, that's what I'm doing. His odds of a rushing TD are too high, among other things. Last week in League A I picked up Alex Smith and he did okay, his schedule is pretty favorable in this midseason stretch.

My League A team: Fig Newton, Baldwin/Diggs/Floyd/Beasley, Freeman/Ajayi/Crowell (Peterson RIP), Walker, kicker, from Texans to streaming DEFs.

"If they played every team every week, Murphy's Law would be 39-38."
Actual record: 1-6
I was talkin to someone yesterday about it and he also thought Oakland may start stepping up on defense. I'll run him this week then see. His floor is a million times better than Winston. I'll still be looking up at that TB-ATL matchup though. Frees me space.

That's for my B. For my A, after that big trade, I now got Evans to go with Jones with a still decent backfield even with Mccoy's injury. Gonna stop dancing with Aaron Rodgers and will just stick with him there for a while. Ryan will just be for the great matchups and collateral.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
This is where I celebrate picking up Booker in both leagues.

And lament the fact I quickly dropped him last week for Kenny fucking Britt in Smogon League A because of my horrendous injury/bye woes. That's okay, I didn't want to win this year anyway, got boring after the last two. ;[

Stallion

Tree Young
This is where I celebrate picking up Booker in both leagues.

And lament the fact I quickly dropped him last week for Kenny fucking Britt in Smogon League A because of my horrendous injury/bye woes. That's okay, I didn't want to win this year anyway, got boring after the last two. ;[
Except you didn't actually win last year cause DeMarco Murray happened and you missed the playoffs ;)

I legit forgot I had a fantasy team that needed a RB (thanks Doug Martin) and now I'm stuck with the Plodzilla Matt Asiata instead of Devontae Booker. I had #1 waiver priority T_T

At least I scooped him up in League A last week before anyone else did after he was dropped, so I'm (hopefully?) out of RB purgatory now. Just before, I had Bilal Powell (as a handcuff to Forte) and DeAndre Washington as my backup RBs. Now if Allen Robinson could get his shit together, my team can maybe stop underachieving like crazy.

Looking real good in A this week, with the luxury to pick between Blount, Michael, Rodgers, and Booker. I love being preemptive with waivers a week or two early. Glad I grabbed Booker when I did.

The question is whether to swallow Eagles Defense points (against the Cowgirls) or steam in Titans. Honestly, as long as they don't go negative, I can probably take whatever that slot coughs up this week. Average matchups for my opponent (Ware and Murray are the only ones that are looking OK for sure), so I'm expecting to steamroll this motherfucker.

B has been lucky so far. It's 5-2, but mainly because of dudes against me underperforming at just the right times (I'm only like 4th or 5th in total points). Opponent is more solid except at RB. His shit got depleted with the byes and there's not much open on the market for him to grab now.

So pissed that I was tossing up Booker vs Prosise in my dynasty league's rookie draft in June and ultimately took Prosise because I thought he'd catch some passes (0.5 PPR). Fuck.

Blount's always projected low because of Brady, but look what he's been doing week after Brady's return. Got better every time and topped out last week. Buffalo ain't a bad matchup either. They're like, close to bottom five for rush yards allowed at this point? I've been starting him each week and he hasn't disappointed except for week 4 (which was vs Buffalo, but this'll be very different).

Dammit Bortles threw 3 garbage time TDs and none of them went to Allen Robinson. To add further insult to injury, I was streaming the Titans DST this week.

Also, Aerodactyl Legend I'm pretty sure you threw off WaterBomb by calling one of your teams the A team considering there is a Smogon League A where he owns Blount and Rodgers.

Shit, if that's the case, I probably should post sparringly in this thread (at least about my teams), since I'm not actually in the leagues here (next season probably). I mentioned it earlier some pages back, but who can keep track. I just like the discussion here, as it's the only ongoing one throughout the season I'm involved with (plus, the dudes I'm in the main leagues I'm in are cocky, untalkative type).

WaterBomb's call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)