Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
| 50 | Zoroark | 6916 | 4.933% | 1218 | 1.048% |

Now I know I asked this before, but does anyone have an idea why there is such a huge difference between Zoroark's Actual Use and Real Use?
Yes. If Zoroark appears on the field disguised as another Pokemon, the log reader doesn't realize it's Zoroark. It's a bug I've never bothered fixing.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Doesn't that mean that some Zoroark use is contributing to the usage stats of other Pokemon? Isn't that a slight problem?

Doesn't that mean that some Zoroark use is contributing to the usage stats of other Pokemon? Isn't that a slight problem?
I think it would only contribute to the RealUse of other pokemon since they would already have been counted in the ActualUse. It's not a huge deal since the ActualUse is more important for tiering purposes.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
blame ambipom on research week.

well, overall, pretty uneventful stats unless you're UU. fuck my baby virizion isn't ou UU got the AWESOME end of the stick though, receiving one of its most support and offensive 'mons back in Mew. I played a bit of UU with it in the tier, and it was just so much fun to use. Virizion is going to have trouble succeeding with Heracross the top dog, but you forget that Virizion is really bulky specially and has a wide movepool, ranging from screens to setup moves to a variety of attacks. Virizion can be a physical sweeper, special sweeper, mixed sweeper, dual screens supporter, pivot due to its many nifty resistances, and more; the possibilities are many. As for Tornadus, let's get some manual rain going with like torn/kingdra/ludi/kabutops and wreck shit. Though BW1 OU Tornadus was scary? It will only be worse in UU.

RU just got fucked really bad by UU: it lost its best spinblocker, physical wall, and one of its best sweepers. That's going to be pretty bad in the RU department, although it will be nice to not have to have a OTR Cofagrigus on every single team. It's gone now, for better or for worse.

I'm hoping that we get some more eventful stats next time around with the hopeful unbanning of non-SV Chomp.

Thanks for the stats Antar.

So... anybody has an idea on why Alakazam is in the top 20, while Keldeo it's so low?
Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Alakazam is utter trash, Magic Guard is a cool niche (and he's seriously annoying by any means) but I don't think he deserves to be in the top 20.
Also, what is going on with Tornadus-t and Thundurus-t, why are they so low? Tornadus should be at least top 15 (like he was in July) the combination of Hurricane+Supeprower+U-turn+Regenerator is truly, something very scary to face.
Other than that, yikes, sun teams are seriously on the rise, Infernape it's quite antimetagame now, a solid scarfer user in sun teams, a decent response against Gene (beware from Thunder and Thunderbolt, of course), able to kill Salamence and Dragonite at +1 after Rocks, access to U-turn and overall a great coverage.
Also, very interesting to see Salamence taking the Metagame by storm.

| 77 | Charizard | 1.667% |
Charizard is higher then magneton...
i give up loljk
but really people are using Charizard over Magneton in OU when Magneton is far better then Charizard.
| 18 | Gengar | 9.493% |
| 19 | Alakazam | 8.632% |
im surprised that these are as high as they are because of Genesect.

like always thanks Antar for the usage stats.

can someone make a thing of what fell and what rose and whatever please

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
just scroll through the tier lists; any mons that moved are bolded. for the record, i think it was it was mew, tornadus-I, cofag, viriz, melo to UU; stoutland to RU; metang back to NU (lol molk)

ss234

bop.
How is Magneton better than Charizard? Charizard makes for an awesome sun sweeper with a Scarf, thanks to Solar Power. Magneton meanwhile, is pretty much outclassed from Magnezone, who has more power and better bulk.

Thanks for the stats though Antar.

can someone make a thing of what fell and what rose and whatever please
just scroll through the tier lists; any mons that moved are bolded. for the record, i think it was it was mew, tornadus-I, cofag, viriz, melo to UU; stoutland to RU; metang back to NU (lol molk)
I make one of these every tier update. Make sure to watch with annotations (you might have to watch on Youtube for those?): I had to record this video a few days early, so there are a few "Dewey Defeats Truman" moments.
[youtube]eurV0zRZztY[/youtube]​

If it comforts you any, Molk isn't banned from PS! Even if the idea of him being banned was fathomable, his alt(s) would have names so obvious not even TLC would be able to guess incorrectly as to what they would be.

Also, you're mostly accurate in regards to your predictions. Only one or two of 'em were wrong amongst the stat changes I found relevant (OU to UU, UU to RU/RU to UU, RU to NU/NU to RU). I do not care about PU, so once you had NU to PU/PU to NU I just stopped watching the video. Unless Smogon makes PU an actual tier, I have no reason to pay attention to it as it does not affect metagame balance in the other tiers at all.

I still have to balance RU, and thankfully DittoCrow has invited me to a later tourney. I will be keeping watch on the RU Hub for more stuff to happen. Hopefully the "Free anything in a banlist tier" phase will stop soon, for it annoys me to no end that people want to free Garchomp in OU for absolutely no good reason. Not to mention, trying to purge Ambipom out of UU by sending it to a lower tier where it belongs is another key thing I must do in order to secure UU (well, that and hopefully ban Roserade/promote her from UU - Dark Horse just gave me a million-dollar idea with that).

How is Magneton better than Charizard? Charizard makes for an awesome sun sweeper with a Scarf, thanks to Solar Power. Magneton meanwhile, is pretty much outclassed from Magnezone, who has more power and better bulk.

Thanks for the stats though Antar.
I disagree. If I was given a choice between Charizard and Magneton, and told I had to use one of them and make a team with them to play in OU, I'd definitely choose Magneton.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
I say that neither is better than each other, as Magneton and Charizard are completely different from each other. Apart from the obvious differences, Magneton is a Steel trapper, while Charizard is a sun sweeper. Although there is something that is true about them; Magneton is usable on any team, while Charizard should only be used on sun teams.

Even so I wouldn't say that Magneton outclasses Charizard or vice-versa, but both are arguably outclassed by something on OU. Magneton by Magnezone, unless you want to outspeed more things that Magnezone cannot, and for Charizard, there are generally better options such as Volcarona, as Charizard is going to die too quickly considering Solar Power recoil and Stealth Rock.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you know when we'll get team mate stats? I was about to make a team builder for Technical Machine, but without those stats the best I can do is just "top 6 Pokemon is your team".

Do you know when we'll get team mate stats? I was about to make a team builder for Technical Machine, but without those stats the best I can do is just "top 6 Pokemon is your team".
There was no need to PM me AND make this post.

But the answer is that this is planned for next month along wiith "check/counter" stats.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I made the post, and then I realized that maybe you don't really read all of the thread after you post the stats, and you'd be the only one who knew.

obi

formerly david stone
I'm writing a full-fledged team builder that will be a component of Technical Machine (but will also just be a stand-alone application). My plan is for it to generate a team based on a few criteria, but also assist in making changes. In other words, you could build your team with it, filling in as much detail as you like, and Technical Machine would then fill in the rest for you. I'm even thinking about stuff like "What effect would changing this EV spread to that EV spread have?" and it would calculate change in physical / special defensiveness.

I have some stats that I would be interested in and would begin using immediately:

Taking into account EVs, nature, and item, what is the exact Speed each Pokemon has? One thing that would be especially useful is an evidence-based approach to Speed. If there are no Pokemon that sit at 237 or 238, then there is no point in me EVing a Pokemon to 238. I want to be able to do something like "For X more EVs, I can outspeed Y% more Pokemon.". I would probably also make some sort of graph showing Speed distribution and post that, so people can see it visually. Perhaps my program could include the graph and display your location on the curve, along with a percentile.

Move set stats that parallel team mate stats. If I have statistics like "On Pikachu, 29% of Pokemon with Thunderbolt also have Surf. 23% have Hidden Power. 13% have Quick Attack.". From that, I could construct a complete move set given any partial set of moves, just as I do for Pokemon prediction. Of course, more "complete" stats would be "Given that I have seen a Pikachu with Thunderbolt on a team with Geodude with Tackle, 28% of Pikachu also have Surf.", but I imagine that those stats would be much, much larger.

I think there's something wrong with the moveset stats.

Latios: 4/0/252/0/252/0 73.977%
Terrakion: 0/252/0/4/252/0 44.636%
Blissey: 252/0/0/4/0/252 26.755%

I don't think those are right...

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
you're misreading it, it's hp / atk / satk / def / spe / sdef iirc

yeah the order is kinda weird >_>

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
| 33 | Machamp | 10496 | 7.487% | 8724 | 7.504% |

Now I should've brought this up earlier, but why does Machamp still get high usage? Isn't it outclassed by all the oher Fighting-types in the tier? (Heracross, Hitmontop, Scrafty, Mienshao, Cobalion). They have much more speed and much more power, which should pull Machamp into obscurity. No Guard DynamicPunch isn't alot. Machamp..in all homesty...needs to go from UU...Virizion, please help your fellow Fighting-type comrades make Machamp obsolete.

| 16 | Mienshao | 15866 | 11.317% | 13501 | 11.613% |
| 39 | Cobalion | 9484 | 6.765% | 7909 | 6.803% |

You've...got to be kidding me. These two are shockingly low for such amazing Fighting-types, Cobalion is even lower than Machamp. These two really should be higher than they are right now.

| 1 | Heracross | 30116 | 21.482% | 23842 | 20.508% |
| 2 | Chandelure | 28352 | 20.224% | 23581 | 20.283% |
| 3 | Roserade | 23209 | 16.555% | 18946 | 16.297% |

Chandy exceeding Roserade in usage was entirely my doing

| 14 | Terrakion | 64564 | 10.416% | 47456 | 9.440% |

It seems after all the hype with the new toys, Terrakion is slowly making his comeback. Keep it up!

| 126 | Monferno | 1165 | 1.196% | 1024 | 1.276% |

LOL Didn't we get this thing's analysis off site over two months ago?

| 37 | Conkeldurr | 37473 | 6.046% | 29908 | 5.950% |
| 42 | Vaporeon | 33931 | 5.474% | 27069 | 5.385% |

Wait..These two actually get used?! I mean..I'm glad their usage is somewhat high..but I hardly see them.

| 44 | Magnezone | 32760 | 5.285% | 25690 | 5.111% |
| 47 | Metagross | 30310 | 4.890% | 24557 | 4.885% |

Poor Robots :(:(

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
+----------------------------------------+
| Weedle |
| Abilties |
| Shield Dust 100.000% |
| Items |
| Rocky Helmet 99.281% |
lol...Weedle sees usage in suspect OU but Kakuna doesnt =[

I feel really stupid for asking this because there is either no answer to it or the answer is really obvious, but under Moveset Statistics what is the order in which the EVs are classified.

Example:
I thought Standard was
HP/Attack/Defense/Sp.Attack/Sp.Defense/Speed

Though the Statistics should very strange EV spreads if they were to follow that Standard order.

This is just confusing me to no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)