1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Data Official Smogon University Usage Statistics Discussion Thread, mk.3

Discussion in 'Smogon Metagames' started by Antar, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

I think 5-10 days is probably a reasonable expectation for the time being.
  2. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

3. Peef Rimgar

Peef Rimgar Other guys'll just feed ya lies! I'll take ya to MICKEY DS!
    is a Pre-Contributor

Hey so I'm gonna put this here but I can put it in PR if needed, Antar how achieveable would it be to do the sampling of stats from (for example) the 25th of the previous month to the 25th of the next so that stats could come out on the first? Perhaps this is something only I care about but I feel like having the shifts being cleaner from month to month would be good for future organization. As it sits it feels like the boundary is really soft so it makes it hard to refer to a few months back easily.
    Tuthur1 likes this.
  4. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

Stats for the month are now up, however, these stats only cover up to the 23rd, since a glitch prevented PS from actually saving battle logs from the 23rd of June to the 3rd of July. Thus, battle-counts are going to be low, and pre-tier-shift usages are going to be more dominant than they usually are.
    david0895 and Disjunction like this.
  5. Reviloja753

Reviloja753

Just to clarify, which OU ladder mark is used for rankings? Also, just to double check, 3.41 is the benchmark to be in OU, correct?
  6. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

Reviloja753, 1695 stats are used for the OU-UU cutoff, but in the first month after a tier update, nothing would be allowed to fall that got more than 1.72% usage or allowed to drop that got less than 6.7% usage. In any case, we're not doing tier shifts this month.
    Melons-N-Soda likes this.
  7. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

8. MAMP

MAMP

Antar are the battle counts accurate for march-april-may? did the kerfuffle with the stats for those months have any effect on that? i'm just wondering because the battle counts for those months are lower than i'd expect for some metagames
  9. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

MAMP, for some metas, you might have to combine across several variants (alpha-beta-suspect...), and there was a spot where a bunch of logs for May never got saved. But otherwise I haven't heard of any issues affecting counts.
    G-Luke likes this.
  10. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

11. galbia

galbia be the freak you want to see just don't follow me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Global Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnus
    PU Co-Leader

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)