Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry, but I haven't looked at this thread for a while now.. Are there any more hints of a UK based set of Tournaments?

Well, presuming that it's kind of mimicking the TCG, there should hopefully be at least 1 UK Showdown, and 1-2 for the rest of Europe I'd think. It'd be a shame if they didn't include the rest of the world.

I'm really looking foward to this. If its somewhere in California, I can probably go. I just want to throw up now because I'm so excited. >.<

So its actually hosted by Nintendo?Singles would reflect a persons playing ability better. Why cant we have a real world tournament? Like the best from every country, instead of Japan and US? Pokes is VERY popular and successful here in Australia.
I don't think complaining here is going to get you anywhere. But that's just my opponent. I'm not trying to attack you our anything, but if Nintendo wants doubles, they do doubles, and leave it at that.

I'm really looking foward to this. If its somewhere in California, I can probably go. I just want to throw up now because I'm so excited. >.<

There will almost guarantee be one on California; we have the most people out of any state. If there isn't for some idiotic reason, I will travel to play in a different stop, lol.

So its actually hosted by Nintendo?Singles would reflect a persons playing ability better. Why cant we have a real world tournament? Like the best from every country, instead of Japan and US? Pokes is VERY popular and successful here in Australia.
The tournament is hosted by Pokemon not Nintendo. You should be happy that Pokemon is even having these tournaments. I'm just happy they brought it back since the last big tournament they had was back in 06.

I heard that it was going to be in San Diego, California for one location. I get to take a vacation there since I live in Arizona. >.< Anyway, I'm fine with Doubles. I like how it requires more strategy

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
San Diego will be the location of the Finals, they may have a stop there but you might be mistaken.

I misunderstood then. I'm pretty sure they will have a qualifier in California though. Thanks for clearing that up, zerowing.

i think that there will be qualifyers in Cali and new york like last year. if they do add more qualifyers, i am guessing chicago and Salt Lake City/Denver. that makes 1 per US time zone.

i think that this is a good educated guess right here.

That sounds reasonable, ultimatedra. I'm actually relieved that Garchomp isn't banned for some reason. I've had an urge to use him lately.

Denver and Chicago are pretty good bets for alternate locations. CA/NY ones are almost a given. Another stop could be Dallas, or St. Louis.

Yep, since the finals are in San Diego, I'll drive that 3 hour drive just to be there if for some reason I don't make it via winning the CA stop.

San Diego finals? I think i might go. according to mapquest the Total Estimated Time: 3 hours 54 minutes
Still a long drive, but it's better than going to Florida.
Where are they going to hold the qualifiers? I hope it's in LA again.

I think they hold it in May. I'm really not sure though. It will be my first year going. (I wish we had Smogon T-Shirts or something lol)

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
We do! I wore this at the LA qualifier last year: http://www.cafepress.com/zerowing1991.283134453

And personally I would like to see a much larger base of stops, they let 16 people in each age group go last year to the finals, if they do a similar number, either 16 stops with only the winners going or 8 stops with first and second going.

Should they go with something like this I could see the following stops in an 8 stop tournament (which would take about 2 months):

Los Angeles
San Francisco
Phoenix
Dallas
Houston
New York
Chicago
Philadelphia

But when I saw the number of people at Worlds TCG I was really surprised at the huge number of people there, I'm really hoping they do a much larger tournament for the video game and maybe allow up to 64 people from the US participate in the Finals.

If they held one in Phoenix, I'd be laughing so hard. I wouldn't have to travel. I have to go to the dang Junior Division too. (Why? Why Dialga, Deity of Time?)

I'm allowed to complain about the doubles structure, I'm sure all of you complain about nintendos decisions. And yes, I WOULD be grateful if they actuall came to Australia.

well, yeah, if you're in the Junior division, you could probably dominate all the others >.>, unlike the Senior division where most of the people seem to have some idea of what they're doing...

Why? Are you afraid? Just kidding. I'm pretty sure I'll dominate my division though. ;/
Dude, I wouldn't be so sure. The kid that won the whole thing in juniors last year was incredibly smart. He used a Bronzong with IMPRISON! That shut down pretty much all other Bronzong leads and made them worthless. I think if he were in the Senior division, he wouldve gotten into the final round no problem.

Zerowing where is the Minneapolis/St. Paul stop? Just kidding, although a stop here would be amazing if it actually happened. Regardless, I'm going to do my best to try to make it to at least the qualifiers, if not the finals (this would be infinitely more likely if my family were to move to San Diego (of which there is a slight chance, my mom is being offered a job there and she is considering it)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)