Oh great, we're at the town shop[OU RMT]

Short intro
------
So here we are. Hello, have a seat, would you like some tea? Of course you would.
This is a team based around. Fuck, I don't know. I'm still unclear as to what type of team it is. Maybe that's a problem for the team, it has nothing to revolve around. Who knows, I don't. Do you? This is a rather old team of mine that I recently picked up and was tweaking a little. It's probably my most successful team and so I figured I'd post it here, and elsewhere. It's about 6 AM and I've got Chem homework to do, don't expect anything magical, promise? Promise.

Entry Hazards
-5 immune to Toxic Spikes
-2 Immune to spikes
-0 SE to Stealth Rock

Once upon a time in the land of Melmond, the splendor of vegetation decayed (C'mon).
It was prophecised that six stunnin' Light Warriors would come and save the day (What what what).
Arrivin' in Corneria, in the midst of their deliria, six motherfuckers emerged (Hell yeah)!
To teach a valued lesson.
Bet you'll count your blessin's at the beating that's about to occur.
Here we go.

Emproleon (Empoleon) (M) @ Chople Berry

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 224 HP/20 Atk/68 Def/4 Spd/194 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump

- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---
I'd like to start off by stating that this is first and foremost an anti-lead. Getting up rocks usually happens, be it early or mid game, but it is only the secondary objective of this set.

I used to run grass knot over HP[Elec], but I realized I'd be hitting more things harder with the latter. HP[Elec] allows me to combat standard Empoleon leads, 2HKOs Bulky Gyara while lulzing hard at Waterfall or Dragon Dance. This also means he can reliably OHKO Bulky Gyara in the later game if rocks are up. I OHKO Offensive Gyara while not being OHKOd by his Earthquake(Although Bulky Gyara is the more common of the two to lead, iirc.)
With the given EVs I survive all EQs(barring Mamoswines's) which allows me to strike back with a Torrent boosted Hydro Pump and (usually) finish off the lead with Aqua Jet. Even without Grass Knot, Hydro Pump 2HKOs Mixpert, even more so with the Torrent boost, should I take an Earthquake on the chin. Mixpert is the only set that Empoleon out speeds, unfortunately. Other than being an excellent lead, Empoleon can come in later in the game as reliable way to scout move sets, produce a desirable switch for a different pokemon(Switch to take a dragon pulse from Latias, then switch to Latias to take a resisted Thunderbolt, something like that).
Sashed sleep inducing leads such as Smeargle and Roserade take an Aqua Jet to break their sash(In the case of Roserade I try and set up rocks the next turn if Sleep Powder misses), I then switch to Machamp who KOs Smeargle and Roserade with Payback, should they decide to stay in and set up entry hazards. If they switch, whatever pokemon they switch in takes a fair beating. It's even lulzier when it's a ghost, in Smeargle's case.
Empoleon also proves to be great at taking sleep and being death fodder. >__>
List!
Azelf - Hydro Pump brings Azelf down to it's Sash as it Rocks, Taunts, or Attacks. Nothing Azelf carries can OHKO, even Explosion, while Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet is a kill.

Swampert - Two Hydro Pumps and it's bye bye swampert. Empoleon outspeeds Mixpert by 1 point.

Jirachi - Hydro Pump will 2HKO

Aerodactyl - Aqua Jet will 2HKO if Aero EQs, putting Empoleon into Torrent range, 3HKO if not Aero will likely get Rocks up, however.

Infernape - Chople Berry weakens CC and Empoleon will survive, even with Fake Out, and Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet will KO

Hippowdon - Hydro Pump OHKOs. If it misses Empoleon will survive an EQ and OHKO with a follow up Torrent Hydro Pump.

Ninjask - Empoleon will do more than 25% with Aqua Jet, can set up Rocks on a Protect and can break it's Subs, putting pressure on and preventing any later usage of Ninjask.

Bronzong - Hydro Pump won't 2HKO without Torrent, but Bronzong will only 3HKO with EQ and a Torrent Aqua Jet will ensure a 3HKO torrent Hydro Pump + Non-Torrent Hydro Pump will 2HKO as well.

Tyranitar - EQ won't OHKO Empoleon without Max Attack and Choice Band (which rarely, if ever lead) and Hydro Pump will even 2HKO SpDef T-tar.

Heatran - Earth Power won't OHKO, but Hydro Pump will.

Abomasnow - Can't win.

Smeargle - Spores you. Aqua Jets does around 50-60%

Gyarados - HP[Elec] says hello dello you're jello.

Yanmega - It can't do anything without Hypnosis. About 52% carry Hypnosis which has 60% accuracy so Translate that to about 68% chance of them not getting me on the first turn.

"And that's my cue.
Pointy hat, coat of blue.
Burnin' bright yellow eyes and I do what I do.
'Cause I learned the dark arts from another time and age.
Bow down to me bitches 'cause I'm the Black Mage.
I got my wizard hat on and I'm lookin' somethin' vicious.
All the ladies call me "Lucky" 'cause I'm magically delicious.
Four spaces for a name? Bitch, I only need three.
[L-E-O] sign me up for the Final Fantasy!"

Red Baroness (Latias) (F) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

- Trick
---
Latias is almost always the last pokemon on my team to be seen in a match., as I'm constantly fearing pursuit. Draco Meteor provides an excellent STAB, and Surf hits Heatran and friends hard, while Thunderbolt smacks around flyers and bulk waters. She's a wonderful counter/revenge killer for Agility Empoleon if they've set up and I'm desperate. Scarf allows Latias to use her baffling speed to become an amazing revenge killer and trick allows her to dump this off late game and cruise through teams.
I find when using trick, it is never used until I really need to, even if I think I know there isn't anything that I should worry about out speeding me. So tricking ends up only being used in the late game, or mid if a pokemon is setting up and I know I'm fucked otherwise(CM Cune, anyone? .__.). When I've found out the opponent's pokemon, I'm more than happy to switch Latias in on her many resistances to out speed and smash with a STAB Draco Meteor. EVs let me hit 495 speed which allows me to out speed neutral natured ScarfGar and down. Latias out speeds +1 Gyarados as well as +1 Salamence and Kingdra(Not in the rain).

"I am the Red Mage, pimpin' a feather in my hat.
The name's [JoJo], need somethin'? Yeah I got that.
Watch your step, 'cause I stand where you fall.
Eloquent abilities and that's not all.
Ostentatiously fashionable... what's my name, bitch?
Light you on fire, and then I'll heal your shit.
Just to burn you again and then I'll cut you in two.
It takes three men just to do what I do!"

Rock (Machamp) (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Payback
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch

---
Guts and Choice Band turn Machamp into an absolute powerhouse that bulldozes through pokemon, reaching an almost ridiculous 886 attack. Of course his 591 with just Choice Band is exceptional as well. STAB Close Combat absolutely ruins pokemon that don't resist it, as well as severely denting ones that do if he has guts activated. Payback is a wonderful "safe move" as I'll generally be going slower, or the opponent will switch, meaning Payback will be hitting with a base power of 100. Machamp serves as my Blissey counter, but when they first see each other and I don't know much of my opponents team, I like to fire off a Payback to hit any ghost types expecting to come in with impunity on a Close Combat. This OHKOs even defensive Rotom-As.
Thunder punch and Ice punch give me boltbeam fists, which is good when Jirachi has paralyzed a pokemon Machamp is out on and I can't really smack it around with Payback because I'll be going first in most case. Machamp takes all status barring sleep for my team, and happens to be the only one not immune to toxic spikes. I didn't want to be out speeding much(iirc, the speed EVs in the Standard spread were to out speed Skarmory, which I found unnecessary) because of payback, so I opted to just dump them all into HP.

"Hahahahaha...
Your defense is weak.
Fought Imps tougher than you.
Good knight turned bad knight?
Good night for you."

Auschwitz (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP/216 Spd/228 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball

- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
---
This is the first time I've tried using Subcharge Rotom, it's been an interesting an experience. It really comes down to how prepared the opponent's team is for it. The teams that aren't are usually pretty boned and lose a pokemon or 4 before taking him down, and the teams that are prepared kind of brush him off and force him out or kill him.

Charge beam boosts my attack while substitute protects me from status and revenge kills. It's also a pretty neat way for scouting on this set. Shadow Ball gives me mine main STAB while HP[Fighting] gives great coverage and really rips up Ttar after a special attack boost or two. Outspeeds adamant Lucario. With the given EVs his subs aren't broken by Blissey's Ice Beam, Flamethrower, or Thunderbolt, meaning he can set up all over her face. Provides a fighting, and ground resist. <3

"I rescued the Princess, and, leveled up my crew.
Bitch I done evened out the odds, now I'm comin' after you.
I got my mind on the prize, I'm takin' what's mine.
Tell Doc Brown to get to the DeLorean.
We's goin' back in time, bitch."

Something Awful (Jirachi) @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/160 Def/32 Spd/76 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
---
This thing is an absolute monster, it is really something awful. Jirachi easily takes on all Latias who don't run HP[Fire], although it has a little bit of trouble with the Calm Minders who run Refresh. Jirachi's steel typing means he'll be taking dragon and ice attacks in the ass. I honestly don't find Magnezone or Heatran a problem in most cases because they usually take a thunder wave blindly thrown out when I think the opponent will switch, the only time this would be worse than using U-turn is in the case of a ground type like Flygon, or Mamoswine switching in. Jirachi also enjoys flinchaxing Blisseys who aren't running thunder wave to death. Machamp, and Rotom love the paralysis support that is easily spread around by the switches Jirachi causes.

Jirachi also serves as a great Ttar counter in that he resists Stone Edge and takes Neutral to Crunch/Pursuit, while 2HKOing with Iron Head and out speeding most. She very much enjoys switching into Outraging Mences and paralyzing to Iron Head them to death.

"'Cause it's a random battle system and you're ass gonn' be hurtin'.
And I'll be bustin' out my tricks like my name was Lance Burton.
8-bit motherfuckers and we're fully equipped,
With swords, and staves and knives, all kinds of magical shit.
Let's go!"

Fisticuffs (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/80 Atk/176 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch

- Roost
- Swords Dance

---
Meh. I'm up in the air about this slot.
EVs give it some nice special bulk allowing me to better set up on Vaporeon and the like. Give me a better pokemon and I'll be happy to get rid of Scizor.
I've always liked Brick Break>Superpower as it allows me to stay in longer and knock down screens. Life Orb+Roost recovery is win, although I've been thinking about running Iron Plate to bluff Choice Band with Bullet Punch. 80 attack EVs means I OHKO Magnezone after an SD. Blah blah blah Scizor Scizor Scizor. He's an alright way to revenge against Mamo, Ttar, and the like.

"Destroyed Lich with fire, and Kary with might.
Sockin' Kraken blockin' knockin' as we nuke Tiamat tonight.
Ya na na na.
I got the crystals time to go back to the past.
As I put this motherfuckin' sword in Chaos' ass!"

CHECK DEM ASSES MANNN

I would recommend running NoGuard RestTalk on Machamp, and go to Choice Band Scizor. It keeps your switch-in to status attacks, but gives you more of a handle on Rotom and gives you more lasting power with the same sort of ridiculous attack power (and gives you a "fast" Choice Bander).

The biggest problem I see with this team is T-tar. If your opponent has a CB tar, you're pretty fucked. You rotom can't deal with it given your current set, even with a sub up. If you face one, it can pursuit kill both rotom and latias - leaving you severely weakened. You are then luke and ape weak.

I suggest you dropping t-bolt or shadow ball on rotom for WOW. That way you can at least wear it out, even if it's at the cost of your rotom.

On a related note, I don't like how your latias is your only fire resist. When you're relying on something pursuit weak as your only resist, you're asking for trouble. imo Jira is a bit out of place. Enemy latias are already covered with your scizor and latias.

I would consider putting heatran here instead. I would defintely run HP electric, earth power, fire blast/flamethrower and explosion, the item is up to you, though I would prefer scarf here as a secondary ape/tran check. You're quite stall weak at the moment, even though you can beat stall pokes one on one, they can switch and circle stall you.

With heatran, if you catch bliss with explosion, you can have fun with latias and rotom. If you HP electric gyara on the switch in, you can deal some damage with machamp (kill rotom with a CB payback on the switch). Scizor gets a bit more wiggle room too. You'll need some prediction for that to work, but it's still a superior option to what you have now imo.

Hope I helped, hope I wasn't too harsh or anything :P

Hey. This is a pretty cool team here - I really like the choice of Pokemon and the unusual sets that you're using, but it could definately use some work, as there's some pretty big weaknesses.

A small change to start off with would be to use HP Grass over HP Electric on Empoleon - as you said, it's there as an anti-lead, I'd rather have the ability to deal with Swampert than Gyarados, who you have covered well already.

The big problems here are Jolly Lucario, which can sweep your entire team pretty easily, and CB Tyranitar, which animenagai mentioned, as it's going to be doing a ton of damage to pretty much everything you have without too many problems.

A pretty simply change you can make that will go a long way here is to use Rotom as your Choice Scarfer instead of Latias. Scarf Latias' main advantage over Scarf Rotom is that it outspeeds base 100s (Salamence), which should be manageable, seeing as you already have a Scizor. Using Rotom as your Scarfer fixes your Jolly Lucario weakness for a start, and IMO it's a better choice of Scarfer from an all-round perspective here anyway. There's also the issue that SubBeam Rotom isn't really very effective against stall teams unless you also have Toxic Spikes support, which this team is lacking, meaning you're going to struggle against stall. Giving Latias the freedom to use a better anti-stall set will go a long way towards helping solve that.

There's two choices of Latias set that would work well here. Firstly, you could try one with Dragon Pulse/Roost/Calm Mind/Refresh and Leftovers, running an EV spread of 148 HP/108 SpA/252 Spe, which can beat stall fairly easily, as long as you can weaken or take out Forretress, as Blissey is helpless against it. Another option would be to use a more offensive Life Orb set, with either Roost/Dragon Pulse/Surf/Calm Mind or Roost/Draco Meteor/Surf/Thunderbolt, both of which use an EV spread of 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe, which will give you a much more powerful Latias offensively, while still giving you the ability to check Pokemon like Infernape and Heatran. Which Latias set you go with is up to you - the Refresh set is more effective against stall, although I think the Life Orb set will be more useful the majority of the time, so I'd probably go with that and work in some answers to stall elsewhere.

I'm really not a fan of your current Machamp set, as it's really outclassed by CB Heracross when not making use of DynamicPunch and No Guard. I'd actually suggest going with a non-Choice set of Substitute/DynamicPunch/Stone Edge/Payback and Leftovers here, which fits into your team a lot better than a Choice Band Machamp does. As I mentioned earlier, you're really going to struggle against stall, and Substitute+3 attacks Machamp gives you a fantastic stallbreaker, as well as another means of cleaning up late game, which is always useful. You'll probably find that SubChamp is more difficult for your opponent to deal with than your current CB set, as there's really no common Pokemon that can easily deal with a No Guard Machamp once it's behind a Sub.
Going with a non-Choice Machamp will also help out with your Tyranitar problem quite a bit, giving you a pretty safe counter for it.

That aside, the only other important change I'd suggest you make here is to go with a standard Choice Band Scizor over your current Swords Dance set. Assuming you go with my Machamp suggestion, you won't have the problem of having too many Choiced Pokemon, and giving Scizor a Choice Band will cover both Salamence and Latias nicely for you, as both of them could be pretty annoying to deal with currently, depending on the set they're running. CB Scizor will also finish off the job of fixing your stall problem, as the standard stall teams really struggle to take CB U-turns once Stealth Rock is up, especially when you can go to a counter which immediately forces them out.

Finally, one thing that I'd suggest you look into is using a bulky Calm Mind Jirachi over your current set. The EVs and nature can stay the same, but with a moveset of Wish/Calm Mind/Thunderbolt and either Psychic or Flash Cannon. As long as you go with a Choice Band Scizor, you'll have Latias covered well enough, and Calm Mind Jirachi is a fantastic lategame sweeper, which a lot of teams are currently weak to. If you'd rather keep your current set, that's fine, but I think Calm Mind would fit in here much better - it's atleast worth a try.

Good luck!

Holy shit fire. First team that hasn't been almost ignored on smogon, I guess that's a good thing.
@MrIndigo:
As much as I love ResTalk Machamp(And I do), I didn't think he would fit on this team, I'm planning on testing out Tab's Machamp suggestion though, so if that doesn't work out I'll probably give Ressy a try.
@animenagai:
And the very, very, very original version of this team I ran Scarftran, and I can't say I really enjoyed using it. I hate mildly slow scarfers. ;__; Seeing as Tab's suggestions also fix the problems you've mentioned, I think I will try those first, and then go back to SubCharge w/ WoW if it doesn't work out. And as long as you don't call me a dumbass it isn't too harsh. ;D
@Tab:
I'm rather torn between the offensive Latias sets and the Refreshing Calm Minder, as I know the latter is very fun to use, but the former seems more practical for this team. So I will test out the offensive set first, and then the other one second(should the former not work out).
I think I've encountered SubMachamp once, and it was a bitch to take down(that, or I didn't end up taking it down >_>). So I'm definitely willing to try that out, although the lack of a WoW taker is a little bit of a bummer.
I was actually just running CB Scizor>SD Scizor until someone suggested otherwise, but he does look like he might do a little bit better with the other changes made.
I think-- at least for now-- that I'd like to keep to my Jirachi set.
About Empoleon: Why would I run HP[Grass] instead of Grass Knot, should I go down that road again? HP[Grass] and Knot hit Swampert both for 80 BP, while Knot hits Gyara for.. 100?
Thanks everyone for the great rates^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)