Ohhh, it's cold

first, I come from germany, so I Can't perfect English. When you don't understand a word or a sentence, ask me .
Hi, I want to practise a new Team. It's hail- stall. The sence of this team, is easy. Mostly, it stalls with hail, hail body and protect or sub. Okay, here is the team:

@Leftovers
nature: impish
EVs 252 def 252 hp 4 SpD

CC
Rapid Spin
Sucker Punch
foreseight

My physical wall and my rapid spinner. foresight is for ghost pokes, I want to rapid spin. Sucker punch is for alakazam. I took hitmontop, because of the stone weak. The EVs are for max def and max hp. with CC I had a strong STAB and can OHKO many things.With intimidade, its one of the best Rapid spinner in uu
@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP 172 Def 84
Nature: Calm

Sub
Protect
Leech Seed
Blizzard

My sub seeder. with Leftovers and seed recovery, it get all HP's from the subs back and stall with the seed damage and hail. Protect is the same as sub. stall. Blizzard for dragons and to don't become a Taunt - Victim. I play him so:
I switch in a opponent Poke, that have no effective attack moves v.s him (for example Donphan). Then, I send out Leech Seeds and he brings out SR (f.e) Now, I go in sub and then, I stall with sub and protect. The only bad is, that protect and sub does have not many AP's.

@Leftovers
EVs 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD

Protect
Sub
surf
toxic

My Stalrein. I love it <33. Protect and surf for hail staling. toxic for toxic stalling (lol) in combination with protect and sub.EVs for max defensive Bulk. Protect and Sub is the same as by Abosmasnow.
The trait is Ice Body, because it make much better stall, because so, he get a lot of HP back, that he loosed, when he use sub.

@Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attck 252 Spd 4 HP

Megahorn
CC
Pursuit
Stone edge

My scarfer.With stats of base 85 Speed and 125 Attack, and two powerful STAB moves to abuse them with, Heracross is a prime candidate for a Choice Scarf. When looking at Heracross one cannot forget Guts, which is among Heracross's biggest selling points, as it gives Heracross the ability to switch into almost any status move and get an Attack boost. This ability is not something to take lightly, especially considering that with the Speed increase gained from a Choice Scarf, it can quickly become an amazingly powerful threat.

@Leftovers
nature:Careful
EVs: 252 HP 252 SpD 4 Def

T-Spikes
EQ
Crunch
taunt

My T-Spike Poke. The EVs are for max special bulk and max hp.
EQ for the coverage, crunch for alakazam and Taunt for booster orother stallers. It's my Alakazam Counter too, because it 2-3 HKO him with Focus blast and drapion can OHKO with crunch.

@Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs 252 SpA 252 Spd 4 HP

Blizzard
Volt Switch
Shadow Ball
T-Bolt

A very cool sweeper in hail. Blizzard hit's in hail always, Volt switch and T-Bolt for strong stabs and for switching out. Shadow Ball for coverage. EVs are for max. SpA and max Spd. My Zapdos and Flygon Counter. With scarf, I'm faster than LO Zapdos and Scarf Flygon and can OHKO them two with Blizzard.

In battles, I'm afraid from other zapdos, banded ryperior, roserade and other sweepers with max speed. I hope, you can help me. You can changes pokes in the team, but please not stalrein, abomasnow and Sigilyph.
Breefun

I had two new Pokemon, because this set is in other forums too:
@Evolith
EVs: 84 Def 176 Spe Def 248 HP
Nature: calm

Curse
WoW
Night Shade
Pain Split

A interresting set. The EVs are so, that dusclops can do two curses without recovery. Curse, to stop sweeper and stall. WoW or physical sweepers. Night Shade for damage and Pain Split for the recovery. With Evolith, it has 284 HP, 474 Defense, and 561 Special Defense, which is nothing to laugh at. With his large defense, he can stay long on the filed and can stall the opponent with curse. When he use curse and be attack from the opponent, Pain split will be stronger.

and a second new Pokemon:
I have to options: 1. I took a scarfed set:
@Scarf
EVs 252 Special Attack 252 Spd 4 HP

Blizzard
Destiny Bond
Trick
Shadow Ball

A simply Scarfer. Blizzard in hail has accuracy 100 and hits always. destiny Bond, when the HP are small, trick for counter boosters and shadow ball for the coverage. Evs for maximal Special Attack and good Init (+1 from Scarf)
With these EVs, Froslass come to 282 Special Attack, which is not too much, but in the middle.

Or the hail support set:
@Leftovers
4 Def 252 Special Attack 252 Spd

Sub
Spikes
Blizzard
TWave

The strategy is to force out a Pokemon and Substitute on the switch. After that, Thunder Wave should be used followed by the continued use of Substitute until the opponent is fully paralyzed or misses, leaving the Substitute intact. This gives Froslass a chance to Blizzard or Spikes, depending on whether the opposing Pokemon can stall out Blizzard or not

For these Pokes, Chansey and Zapdos go.

i really dont see the point of using curse on dusclops considering you dont use any physical moves night shade will always do 100, pain split will always take the average, in other words it only boosts your defense

i suggest using this set for dusclops

WoW
Night Shade/ Seismic Toss
Rest
Sleep Talk

for arcanine you use morning sun which is less effective because of hail so thats something to consider

Ok, Alakazam is very much used right now, but it is for a reason.
Hi, i'm here to help you (lol). So my suggestion is to add Alakazam to your team.
-Alakazam is not affected by hail with magic guard
-Alakazam gives great Special offense, which this team is lacking a bit
-As for this, i suggest you replace Sygiliph with Alakazam, as Dusclops can also already WoW the opponent. Of course, it won't be a staller, but a very strong and fast attacker.

Here's the set:
Alakazam@ Life Orb
-Magic Guard
Modest/Timid, 252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def/252 Spe
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast/HP Fight
-Energy Ball

-Psychic is the obvious STAB, taking out threats like Hitmontop, Nidoking and Heracross.
-Shadow Ball is the coverage move to take out opposing Psychics and other Ghosts.
-The Fighting type move is to hit Dark-type pokes like Houndoom and Bisharp hard.
-Energy Ball is to kill Suicune and Slowbrah/king

Maybe you consider Sigilyph a too important member of your team, but that's not how I view it. Try Alakazam out, he's plain awesome.

Cap'n to your service,
... Cap'n

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey mate, you're really lacking a crucial factor in any stall team; especially Hail! What I'm referring too is a Pokemon capable of using Rapid Spin effectively! and when it comes to UU hail, not many do it better than big man Blastoise. Along with Arcanine, he gives you another valuable Fire-type resistance, and most importantly, an answer too Stealth Rock, the bain of Hail stall teams, not to mention a reliable Water-type Pokemon in general. This is critical in ensuring your Stall team can handle, well; any type of good team, since without a Rapid Spinner, you typically lose to other stall, and without a Rapid Spinner, you won't be able to maintain the level of health needed to weather offensive pressure after Stealth Rock is set. On another note you definitely want Spikes on Frosslass, otherwise without hazards, your stalling attempts certainly won't be very successful, as all you're relying on is status and hail damage. Here is the Blastoise:

Blastoise @Leftovers
Nature @Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Foresight
-Toxic / Ice Beam / Dragon Tail

Good luck !

i really dont see the point of using curse on dusclops considering you dont use any physical moves night shade will always do 100, pain split will always take the average, in other words it only boosts your defense

i suggest using this set for dusclops

WoW
Night Shade/ Seismic Toss
Rest
Sleep Talk

for arcanine you use morning sun which is less effective because of hail so thats something to consider
Well...curse has a different effect when used with a ghost Pokemon, but your point does still stand that he should use a different set.

You need entry hazards. I suggest Spikes at least on the Froslass.
Stall teams are so much better with hazards, and Froslass' snow cloak could get you a couple of layers. It would really help rack up damage with everything else.

The team looks great, just one thing-

Arcanine is a suicide bomber. Life orb+flare blitz/wild charge/close combat= a lot of self induced damage. The combined recoil of orb and flare blitz or wild charge can take out 1/3 of your health. I know you have morning sun, but if when used in hail it won't recover as much damage as it can in sunlight. On top of orb/attack recoil, you will be receiving hail damage. However, as you said, it will be a lead. Keep in mind that you won't be able to switch it out much unless it is into a fire type move and you are using flash fire as an ability. Try using leftovers as a held item.

I LOVE stall Walrein. I actually have an analysis up in the forums. [QC 1/3]
Please check it out.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3456361

Stallrein is with the set in the team. Thanks for arcanine. I will be test it. Can we change Arcanine to an other physical sweeper?
Please, help me with this problem.

Now, a nidoqueen is in the team. It's for SR. For this, dusclops is out of the team
Edit: Sry, for Double Post.

I had it in the team and it was good, but I needed Froslass and all the other pokes was too important. Sry. For my second team, I take Alakazam. Thanks

Because I had a big stone weak, I took Arcanine out of the team and took hitmontop in the team. Than weavile > blastoise:
@Choice Band
nature: jolly

ice shard
Ice punch
pursuit
Low kick
This is my counter for alakazam. It's faster and can OHKO ala with Pursuit and when it switch, I can OHKO it too.
Ice shard for prio move, Ice punch for a strong STAB and low kick for the coverage.
EVs for max speed and max attack

@Leftovers
nature: impish
EVs 252 def 252 hp 4 SpD

CC
Rapid Spin
Sucker Punch
foreseight

My physical wall and my rapid spinner. foresight is for ghost pokes, I want to rapid spin. Sucker punch is for alakazam. I took hitmontop, because of the stone weak. The EVs are for max def and max hp

Okay, new edit from another forum:
Weavile goes for Heracross:
@Scarf
Nature: Jolly

Megahorn
CC
Pursuit
Stone edge

My scarfer.With stats of base 85 Speed and 125 Attack, and two powerful STAB moves to abuse them with, Heracross is a prime candidate for a Choice Scarf. When looking at Heracross one cannot forget Guts, which is among Heracross's biggest selling points, as it gives Heracross the ability to switch into almost any status move and get an Attack boost. This ability is not something to take lightly, especially considering that with the Speed increase gained from a Choice Scarf, it can quickly become an amazingly powerful threat.

Nidoqueen goes for Drapion
@Leftovers
nature:Careful
EVs: 252 HP 252 SpD 4 Def

T-Spikes
EQ
Crunch
taunt

My T-Spike Poke. The EVs are for max special bulk and max hp.
EQ for the coverage, crunch for alakazam and Taunt for booster orother stallers.

Annnd: Froslass goes for: Rotom-F
@Scarf
EVs 252 SpA 252 Spd 4 HP

Blizzard
Volt Switch
Shadow Ball
T-Bolt

A very cool sweeper in hail. Blizzard hit's in hail always, Volt switch and T-Bolt for strong stabs and for switching out. Shadow Ball for coverage. EVs are for max. SpA and max Spd.

Is it a good Choice?

Have you had trouble with Victini? Because I don't see any fire resistances, and V-Create on anything is going to hurt like hell. I really suggest you take out Hitmontop in favor of Blastoise, we covers fire like a boss and still spins. I believe a Blastoise set was mentioned above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)