Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be nice, but then we would have too many ghost megas from Hoenn and I'm not sure I find this a good idea.
True, true. It's not exactly something I'm really desperate for, but since they went with the whole version exclusive pairs for megas thing when they introduced Sableye, it only started to make sense to me that they have a Mega Dusknoir.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Phoebe had like 3 Dusclops on her team, makes sense that atleast 1 of them had to evolve
Yeah I get that, but the remakes tend to stay true to the original teams when it comes to the first run of the Elite Four. I like the idea of switching up the teams, but I was surprised since it doesn't really happen.

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
I'm actually theorizing Mega Dusknoir could be a thing.
More out of version counterparts than anything. XY gave us megas for the ruby-exclusive Mawile and the semi-sapphire exclusive Banette. Since Sableye got a mega, it only makes sense to me they'd balance out by giving Dusknoir a mega.
Sableye and mawile are the version exclusives of the original games not banette. Also if they gave all elite 4 members a mega evolution that would take away from how special it really is. Only 5 characters in x and y including yourself had the ability to mega evolve. I think they will just update the teams and levels and just have your rival Steven you and maybe the flygon character mega evolve to still retain the special meaning of having the bond with the pokemon.

Sableye and mawile are the version exclusives of the original games not banette. Also if they gave all elite 4 members a mega evolution that would take away from how special it really is. Only 5 characters in x and y including yourself had the ability to mega evolve. I think they will just update the teams and levels and just have your rival Steven you and maybe the flygon character mega evolve to still retain the special meaning of having the bond with the pokemon.
Duskull and Shuppet are still counterparts no matter what way you look at it. They're both - at least when they originally appeared - two-stage Pokémon with the mono-ghost typing that you can find on Mt. Pyre and the above route. The Duskull line takes a defensively-inclined option while the Shuppet line is obviously a lot more offensive. Duskull is common in Ruby and rare in Sapphire, with the opposite true for Shuppet.

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
Duskull and Shuppet are still counterparts no matter what way you look at it. They're both - at least when they originally appeared - two-stage Pokémon with the mono-ghost typing that you can find on Mt. Pyre and the above route. The Duskull line takes a defensively-inclined option while the Shuppet line is obviously a lot more offensive. Duskull is common in Ruby and rare in Sapphire, with the opposite true for Shuppet.
True however it just wouldn't make sense to give a not fully evolved pokemon like dusclops a mega evolution when it has an item like evolite to help benefit it's stats. Also giving dusknoir a mega would ruin the point of ever giving dusclops a 4th gen evolution since that's why it was created in the first place to help dusclops.

Also giving dusknoir a mega would ruin the point of ever giving dusclops a 4th gen evolution since that's why it was created in the first place to help dusclops.
Yeah, and we all saw how well Dusknoir helped Dusclops, didn't we? If you really want to use this logic, explain Scizor getting a mega.

Now that Dusknoir has been confirmed does that mean that all other Pokemon that got evolutions in a later generation that are available in Hoenn will be there too. Pokemon like Froslass, Gallade, Probopass, Roserade and Rhyperior would pretty much make there pre evolutions worth picking up.

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
Now that Dusknoir has been confirmed does that mean that all other Pokemon that got evolutions in a later generation that are available in Hoenn will be there too. Pokemon like Froslass, Gallade, Probopass, Roserade and Rhyperior would pretty much make there pre evolutions worth picking up.
Yea I assume the beginning pokedex may be over 300 plus with diversity similar to b2/w2 which would allow players more diversity in team building.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kurona Eduardo2013

I don't really have a side on either argument, but I just wanted to clear a few things:

Mega Evolution was obviously not a concept yet in Generation 4. A Mega Evolution for one of the new Gen 4 evolutions has not been done yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean it can't or won't. Saying that it will get a Mega Evolution because a counterpart got one does sort of fit the pattern, but it's still shaky reasoning at best.

Dusknoir wasn't really that bad when it was first introduced, it had good advantages over Dusclops like a bit better bulk, and an actual usable Attack stat (and a much cooler design, although that doesn't really count for much). It became outclassed by Dusclops after the Eviolite came out in Generation 5, and now it's pretty much accepted that both are terrible. Game Freak gives Mega Evolutions to good Pokemon and bad Pokemon alike, so there's really no telling. I personally don't think it will happen, but if it does it's not like it would be "against all my calculations" or something. I just think for the Hoenn remakes, they are sticking to giving Mega Evolutions to Hoenn Pokemon. (Excluding new Pokemon like Diancie)

Adding variety to the Hoenn Elite Four would make sense. I hate the idea of battling duplicates or Pokémon that haven't fully evolved at all, but who thinks that GF will nerf the game because it was "too hard" in the early days. The Kalos Elite Four only had four Pokémon each, none of which were exactly threatening. Even without the Exp. Share, they were a cakewalk. It would be terrible to think that the number of Pokémon the Hoenn E4 would be reduced, even worse of their levels were lowered. Has anyone even lost any in-game battle in XY? Not hoping that they do this, just saying that it is reasonably in reach since the games have only been becoming easier and easier. Dusknoir might actually be difficult to fight if it had a strong Physical Ghost move, or just slap Dusclops with and Eviolite.

It's nice to know that Contests are back as well, but in those scans of Pikachu, I did not see any judges or any Pokémon utilizing attacks. GF would be sticking to us a big middle finger if they replaced the Move portions of the Contests with only Dress Up, two fat fingers if they also included Dancing, and three if they removed Ribbons entirely like in Unova. No, I don't want the false sense of accomplishment gained from teaching my Lunatone how to dance. I want the false sense of accomplishment from wiping the floor with my opponents as I finish my Contests with Self Destruct; dainty Ribbons make excellent battle scars.

In the case GF allows us to keep the Move Performances, I wonder how new attacks are going to be categorized in terms of style; are a majority Grass and Poison moves going to be Smart again? Will there even be new Combos such as Bite ---> Crunch? Can we actually reset our Pokémon's Condition if we make a single mistake? Maybe the whole contest idea would be revamped, no knowing until more info comes out or when things start to get translated.

(Checking all the above stuff at Serebii) Oh look Japan is getting three more distributions, Pikachus, Pokeball Vivillons, and Shiny Jirachis...yay.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Kurona Eduardo2013

I don't really have a side on either argument, but I just wanted to clear a few things:

Mega Evolution was obviously not a concept yet in Generation 4. A Mega Evolution for one of the new Gen 4 evolutions has not been done yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean it can't or won't. Saying that it will get a Mega Evolution because a counterpart got one does sort of fit the pattern, but it's still shaky reasoning at best.

Dusknoir wasn't really that bad when it was first introduced, it had good advantages over Dusclops like a bit better bulk, and an actual usable Attack stat (and a much cooler design, although that doesn't really count for much). It became outclassed by Dusclops after the Eviolite came out in Generation 5, and now it's pretty much accepted that both are terrible. Game Freak gives Mega Evolutions to good Pokemon and bad Pokemon alike, so there's really no telling. I personally don't think it will happen, but if it does it's not like it would be "against all my calculations" or something. I just think for the Hoenn remakes, they are sticking to giving Mega Evolutions to Hoenn Pokemon. (Excluding new Pokemon like Diancie)
I'd be really unhappy if they allow gen4 evos to have Mega. Especially if they give it to Magmortar and Electivire.
Look at my username and you'd probably guess why.

I'd be really unhappy if they allow gen4 evos to have Mega. Especially if they give it to Magmortar and Electivire.
Look at my username and you'd probably guess why.
It was just evos of Gen 3 Pokémon I was thinking would happen anyway. So Roserade, Froslass, Gallade, Probopass and Dusknoir.

To be honest, the mega evolution possibilities are quite large in terms candidates in the Hoenn dex. we can definitely say that at least 7 pokemon are getting mega evolutions,(2 unofficially confirmed, 4 officials, and 1 from kalos), and that atleast one other if it holds any regard to the new character(flygon). That comes to a possible total of 8 so far, and with many other possible mon's as well(especially since we did receive a total of 28 megas in XY we could receive that same number if not lowered to below 20). My guess would be:

-Salamence- (I can feel it considering mence still has a large amount of popularity)
-Relicanth- (slim considering it's dex entry, but maybe mega evolution can change to what it was before or force a change. In that same respect, it would be the Aerodactyl treatment).
-Walrein- (feels odd thinking about it, but I could see gamefreak doing this to give another mega evolution to a ice type).
-Glalie- (Looking at glalie actually makes it seem like it could go further, and the likely hood of it might be possible. Just like Gardy receiving a mega, and still having gallade absent of one, Glalie can have a chance of receiving one despite having the froslass evolution).
-Milotic- (Milotic is a damn good candidate for a mega. Most would agree, just like mence. love it, or hate it I can see it being possible).
-Armaldo- (Honestly, it would start a new trend with evolving fossils, but it wouldn't be a bad start. Not super likely, but if they had to give another fossil mega evolution, Armaldo and cradily would be likely. Granted, that would throw relicanth out the window probably).
-Cradily- (See Armaldo. To be honest, one or the other. Would be nuts if both happened).
-Seviper- (I wouldn't doubt this one. The possibility of it even becoming Dragon wouldn't even feel far fetched to say the least. It or Zangoose, but it would be better in terms of there entries if both got one).
-Zangoose- (See Seviper)
-Altaria- (Another one I can possibly see, if not the first real Dragon/Fairy if they decide to do such a thing.)
-Flygon- (I already feel as if it's coming. Would be surprised if it didn't, but at the same time wouldn't. Conflicting views there).
-Torkoal- (would be nice).
-Sharpedo- (I feel as if it could be possible. Hoping for sharknado :P).
-wailord- (I'm not confident in this one, but hey, it could happen).
-Ludicolo- (Ludi is another one that makes sense. I can see it possibly happening).
-Shiftry- (Just like ludi, it makes sense).
-Lati twins- ( Unofficially confirmed. Just a matter of when it'll be official).

With all of that, I feel like a majority of those are strong possibilities(outside of the twins of course). If I had to guess all together it would be a total of 20 which includes the already known megas. this is also assuming it'll be all hoen mon's. Granted, they can easily go and add another 8 from a different region if they wanted to match the XY mega's.

Wasn't hoenn the only region without eevolutions? Hope they're added to the regional dex this time around(sinnoh got them in platinum).
Also wondering if wally gets gardevior or gallade....

Take a look at Sidney's wrist and if you look between the katakanas around Phoebe ankle, you can spot a bracelet i think.
Sidney : Mega Absol ? Mega Shiftry(just because its on the scan) ?
Phoebe : Mega Sableye ? Mega Banette ? Mega Dusknoir(same as Shiftry) ?
Glacia : Mega Walrein ? Mega Froslass ? Mega Glalie ?
Drake : Mega Salamence ? Mega Flygon ?

Suspense Hype!

Wasn't hoenn the only region without eevolutions? Hope they're added to the regional dex this time around(sinnoh got them in platinum).
Also wondering if wally gets gardevior or gallade....
Well Unova didn't give any evolutions to older Pokemon either and technically we did get some useless pre evolutions in generations 3 like Wynaut and Azurill. Also personally I think Wally will stick to Gardevoir as he did have one in the original series.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, the mega evolution possibilities are quite large in terms candidates in the Hoenn dex. we can definitely say that at least 7 pokemon are getting mega evolutions,(2 unofficially confirmed, 4 officials, and 1 from kalos), and that atleast one other if it holds any regard to the new character(flygon). That comes to a possible total of 8 so far, and with many other possible mon's as well(especially since we did receive a total of 28 megas in XY we could receive that same number if not lowered to below 20). My guess would be:

-Salamence- (I can feel it considering mence still has a large amount of popularity)
-Relicanth- (slim considering it's dex entry, but maybe mega evolution can change to what it was before or force a change. In that same respect, it would be the Aerodactyl treatment).
-Walrein- (feels odd thinking about it, but I could see gamefreak doing this to give another mega evolution to a ice type).
-Glalie- (Looking at glalie actually makes it seem like it could go further, and the likely hood of it might be possible. Just like Gardy receiving a mega, and still having gallade absent of one, Glalie can have a chance of receiving one despite having the froslass evolution).
-Milotic- (Milotic is a damn good candidate for a mega. Most would agree, just like mence. love it, or hate it I can see it being possible).
-Armaldo- (Honestly, it would start a new trend with evolving fossils, but it wouldn't be a bad start. Not super likely, but if they had to give another fossil mega evolution, Armaldo and cradily would be likely. Granted, that would throw relicanth out the window probably).
-Cradily- (See Armaldo. To be honest, one or the other. Would be nuts if both happened).
-Seviper- (I wouldn't doubt this one. The possibility of it even becoming Dragon wouldn't even feel far fetched to say the least. It or Zangoose, but it would be better in terms of there entries if both got one).
-Zangoose- (See Seviper)
-Altaria- (Another one I can possibly see, if not the first real Dragon/Fairy if they decide to do such a thing.)
-Flygon- (I already feel as if it's coming. Would be surprised if it didn't, but at the same time wouldn't. Conflicting views there).
-Torkoal- (would be nice).
-Sharpedo- (I feel as if it could be possible. Hoping for sharknado :P).
-wailord- (I'm not confident in this one, but hey, it could happen).
-Ludicolo- (Ludi is another one that makes sense. I can see it possibly happening).
-Shiftry- (Just like ludi, it makes sense).
-Lati twins- ( Unofficially confirmed. Just a matter of when it'll be official).

With all of that, I feel like a majority of those are strong possibilities(outside of the twins of course). If I had to guess all together it would be a total of 20 which includes the already known megas. this is also assuming it'll be all hoen mon's. Granted, they can easily go and add another 8 from a different region if they wanted to match the XY mega's.
Popularity is one of the main criteria for getting a MEvo. If it isn't popular you can scratch it off the list.

Surprised no one has mentioned this but that definitely looks like it could be Mega Stone material. I'm surprised that they've seemingly retconned Syndney's ace to Shiftry but no complaints there.

Glad at least one of Phoebe's Dusclops has evolved. Hopefully the expanded dex will include Chandelure so we have another fire-type choice AND Pheebs gets some variety.

I still hold Mega Lati@s won't be a thing. If they do, then at least with different looks from the ones we found in XY. Arguments for this:

. No ORAS ME revealed so far has been found in XY data. Why only Lati@s?
. They look WAY too similar. Much more similar than their original forms even. Every Mega Evolution has an unique design, including different evolutions of the same pokémon. How come two different pokémon are given pretty much the same design AND color?
. There's something weird about them, as if they're unfinished. They also have a slightly different animation when they mega evolve. That's just too odd. Either they'll turn out to look different, or they're just an idea developers had but didn't follow through and couldn't bother erasing it from the game data. I like this second scenario best, because that way we'll have two extra "unofficial" ME, one of those nifty "bugs" and shenanigans pokémon games usually have.

Popularity is one of the main criteria for getting a MEvo. If it isn't popular you can scratch it off the list.
Well that'll cut that list down by atleast 3 or 4 for sure.

I still hold Mega Lati@s won't be a thing. If they do, then at least with different looks from the ones we found in XY. Arguments for this:

. No ORAS ME revealed so far has been found in XY data. Why only Lati@s?
. They look WAY too similar. Much more similar than their original forms even. Every Mega Evolution has an unique design, including different evolutions of the same pokémon. How come two different pokémon are given pretty much the same design AND color?
. There's something weird about them, as if they're unfinished. They also have a slightly different animation when they mega evolve. That's just too odd. Either they'll turn out to look different, or they're just an idea developers had but didn't follow through and couldn't bother erasing it from the game data. I like this second scenario best, because that way we'll have two extra "unofficial" ME, one of those nifty "bugs" and shenanigans pokémon games usually have.
yea its asolid arguement for sure considering we really only have datamined info from XY to go off of. Granted, the second option would be cool, but at this point I can agree with a ret-con of what we know so far(in terms of being different/unfinished until revealed).

Well Unova didn't give any evolutions to older Pokemon either and technically we did get some useless pre evolutions in generations 3 like Wynaut and Azurill. Also personally I think Wally will stick to Gardevoir as he did have one in the original series.
The extra e before evolution means i was taking about the eevee line.:p
Also to stick to the discussion: I want exploding mega camel.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Surprised no one has mentioned this but that definitely looks like it could be Mega Stone material. I'm surprised that they've seemingly retconned Syndney's ace to Shiftry but no complaints there.

Glad at least one of Phoebe's Dusclops has evolved. Hopefully the expanded dex will include Chandelure so we have another fire-type choice AND Pheebs gets some variety.
I feel like Chandelure is likely given that the secret base promotional image features a Litwick doll (the only instance of a decoration that didn't exist in RSE).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)